The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    it's not that i don't enjoy a good fight, but it's the only sport that even remotely tolerates it. and the only level of the sport that allows it in the world. if it's so important to the game why does no other level than the NHL and their minor leagues allow it?

and the league has done everything it can to outlay blows to the head...yet allows it in fighting. that makes no sense. not even you can explain the hypocrisy of that.

and i'm offended that idiots like Zac Rinaldo and Jody Shelley are paid professional athletes with no talent whatsoever. and yet we hate guys who are top 10 scorers in the league. makes no fucking sense.

edit: you guys probably put orange slices in your beer too :roll: pumpkin beer and orange slices aren't beer their fucking wine coolers

what does your first paragraph even mean? you like fighting, but you think they should abolish it because no other sport has it. that makes a ton of sense. they should take away ice skates in hockey too...no other sport uses them. and basketball players should wear gloves since every other sport does.

you can't compare hockey to other sports. fighting has been in the game for 100 years. why get rid of it now?

I think the new NHL rules on hits are gay too. Most of the time a player is trying to hit a moving target. 99% of hits are made without an intent to injure. Again, injuries are part of the game. These guys get paid enough to deal with any injury they get IMO.

keep defending jeff carter and ryan howard :roll: . I guess playoff performance doesnt matter to you at all. not surprising

hey i like goals and runs since they you know are kind of important and essential to you know winning and losing unlike you know fighting. let's see if any of these boys can score 36 for the franchise like carter did last year.

funny that you couldn't respond to any of the examples I gave as to how fighting can be used strategically.

how many playoff goals did carter have? oh shit, that's right, playoff performance isn't important to you.

there's more to sports than runs and goals. you'd think superstar athletes that play street hockey and fast pitch softball would realize this
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    The Fixer wrote:
    funny that you couldn't respond to any of the examples I gave as to how fighting can be used strategically.

how many playoff goals did carter have? oh shit, that's right, playoff performance isn't important to you.

there's more to sports than runs and goals. you'd think superstar athletes that play street hockey and fast pitch softball would realize this

yeah max talbot fighting dan carcillo had more to do with the Pens comeback than one of the top players in the game scoring a goal against our shitty goaltending. if it wasn't for max talbot i'm sure sidney crosby wouldn't never score :roll: :roll: :roll:

and you are probably in the group of philly fans who think Keith Primeau was a great player because he had more goals in a playoff run then he did in 80 fucking games in his one decent year for the flyers.

and never said there wasn't more to sports than runs and goals, but they are the most fucking important things...by a lot.

and you must love cody ross, david frease and skip schumacher these days

but you use that small n-size argument only when it fits into your already existing attitudes towards players but dismiss it for others. convenient wip-esque attitude.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    and you are probably in the group of philly fans who think Keith Primeau was a great player because he had more goals in a playoff run then he did in 80 fucking games in his one decent year for the flyers.

i don't care what anyone says....that was one of the greatest Flyers playoff performances ever....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

i don't care what anyone says....that was one of the greatest Flyers playoff performances ever....

doesn't make him great. remember michael leighton was good for one playoff run too and he still sucked 100 pound testicles.
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

of course it was. pretty obvious to rational people
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

where did i say it wasn't a good run by him? just said it doesn't make him a star like some dopes think.
    surely such a brilliant guy like you could comprehend what i wrote.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

yeah max talbot fighting dan carcillo had more to do with the Pens comeback than one of the top players in the game scoring a goal against our shitty goaltending. if it wasn't for max talbot i'm sure sidney crosby wouldn't never score :roll: :roll: :roll:

and never said there wasn't more to sports than runs and goals, but they are the most fucking important things...by a lot.

and you must love cody ross, david frease and skip schumacher these days

but you use that small n-size argument only when it fits into your already existing attitudes towards players but dismiss it for others. convenient wip-esque attitude.

I could come up with more examples if you'd like. how about in 2000 when the flyers were about to fall into an 0-2 hole at home to pittsburgh. the flyers sent out berube, langkow, and tocchet to send a message to the pens that they were not going to lay down in the series. The flyers won the next 4 games and went on to the next round.

you are so close minded that even when you're wrong (which is often), you fail to realize or acknowledge as much
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

where did i say it wasn't a good run by him? just said it doesn't make him a star like some dopes think.
    surely such a brilliant guy like you could comprehend what i wrote.

I am scared to ask what your definition of a great player is. espcially since you continue to defend jeff carter
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

doesn't make him great. remember michael leighton was good for one playoff run too and he still sucked 100 pound testicles.

Keith didn't have a great career, but it was a solid career.

Leighton doesn't belong in the arguement with Keith or anybody else. :lol: he got hot on a good team.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    here it is. no strategy in this at all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpO8g5L4MgA
    The Fixer wrote:

great ending...but somebody had to score....

i must admit,....i wasn't much of a fan of keith's since they gave up 17 to get him...but after that run in 04 i was sold.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    I could come up with more examples if you'd like. how about in 2000 when the flyers were about to fall into an 0-2 hole at home to pittsburgh. the flyers sent out berube, langkow, and tocchet to send a message to the pens that they were not going to lay down in the series. The flyers won the next 4 games and went on to the next round.

you are so close minded that even when you're wrong (which is often), you fail to realize or acknowledge as much

holy fn shit. one shift was responsible for not 1, not 2, not 3 , BUT 4 FUCKING PLAYOFF WINS. jesus h. christ this has to be the greatest shift in hockey history. surely it's on display at the Hall of Fame. Does Gretzky know about this shift?

seriously dude come on you cannot be fucking serious. one shift by langkow, berube and tocchet responsible for 4 playoff wins...wow just fucking wow

put down the pumpkin beer, take off the chase utley jersey and call it a night. and it's not even a full moon.
    here you go pjhawks. I want you to listen real closely to the announcers here. They will lay it out for you...I think even you will be able to understand how fighting can be used strategically after this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDsK5HH-K3c&NR=1
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

holy fn shit. one shift was responsible for not 1, not 2, not 3 , BUT 4 FUCKING PLAYOFF WINS. jesus h. christ this has to be the greatest shift in hockey history. surely it's on display at the Hall of Fame. Does Gretzky know about this shift?

seriously dude come on you cannot be fucking serious. one shift by langkow, berube and tocchet responsible for 4 playoff wins...wow just fucking wow

put down the pumpkin beer, take off the chase utley jersey and call it a night. and it's not even a full moon.

as usual, you miss the point. they must not teach reading comprehension at a cute little school like st joes

fighting can be used to swing momentum. whether in a game or series. the people that say it needs to be removed from the game just don't understand sports
    :lol:

you fuckin philly people. :lol::lol::lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:

Crazy mofo's

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:
    here you go pjhawks. I want you to listen real closely to the announcers here. They will lay it out for you...I think even you will be able to understand how fighting can be used strategically after this clip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDsK5HH-K3c&NR=1

yup the fight was more important than crosby's goal and the 4 fucking goals that came after it. insanity. if our shitty goaltending could have made a save on crosby a minute later would the fight have really changed the momentum? uhh nope not at all. crosby's goal changed the momentum not 2 shitty players throwing punches. momentum is only as good as the next goal. but of course you actually don't believe goals and runs are important so... :roll: :roll: :roll:
    81 wrote:

Crazy mofo's

;)

you guys argue way to much. :lol: is it like this everyday in the real world? i'd have to fight myself.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    tonight is the night...

anouther good measuring stick game...looking forward to this one.

can't wait to see the center piece of the Richards trade.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    tonight is the night...

No pressure kid...no pressure

81 wrote:
    tonight is the night...

not asking him to go out a get a hat trick...but come on, this kid was suppose to be the hottest prospect not in the big leagues. i want to see what we have. i want to see how well he skates and what his hands look like. and with the way 17 is playing, the deal already looks to be solid.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    tonight is the night...

not asking him to go out a get a hat trick...but come on, this kid was suppose to be the hottest prospect not in the big leagues. i want to see what we have. i want to see how well he skates and what his hands look like. and with the way 17 is playing, the deal already looks to be solid.

Yeah..the good part is he wont be asked to do much right away

The team is already solid so he can relax a bit

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:
    tonight is the night...

i have seen Shenn play a lot in Jr and trust me u is going to be great. has great hockey knowledge. anyway, should be a great game tonight. the caps are playing well.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    81 wrote:

That's why i rarely post anymore, to many self proclaimed know it all's.
    Go Birds!!!!
    81 wrote:

it's crazy....

there are a lot of cities with lots of crazy fans, but i've never seen a group argue as much as the people from philly. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

it's crazy....

there are a lot of cities with lots of crazy fans, but i've never seen a group argue as much as the people from philly. :lol:
    I'm far from innocent,but some people are extreme. I'm a Philly sports junkie and love a good discussion but sometimes a break is needed.
    Go Birds!!!!
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

it's crazy....

Come on everyone knows Philly eats their own

:twisted:

Gonna miss most of the game working late

Online radio for me @work

Gonna miss most of the game working late

Online radio for me @work

19 blows....fuck....in the defensive zone, with no pressure on him and without looking..he "passes" it to the middle of the ice....guess where the puck ends up. what a shit play.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg