The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    The Big E invited to the Winter Classic weekend !

:clap:

http://thehockeyguys.net/interview-with ... mors-more/

Q: There have been some rumors going around in Philly that you’ve been invited to play in the Winter Classic Alumni game. Is there any truth to that?

Eric Lindros: I talked with [Flyers GM] Paul Holmgren about a month or five weeks back and we chatted about it. That’d be great if I could see Mikael Renberg again, and Johnny LeClair. I haven’t seen Johnny in a couple of years. That would be a lot of fun. Also possibly we could set up something along the lines where we could do something for CHOP (Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia), maybe have a lunch or do something along those lines. We could bring in hockey fans and chat a little bit about what we’re up to and sign a bunch of stuff

THE LEGION OF DOOM!!!

was wondering if he would get an invite. so glad to see that he will be there. my favorite Flyer of all-time. what a beast he was. if only he played under these rules today.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    pjhawks wrote:

Q: There have been some rumors going around in Philly that you’ve been invited to play in the Winter Classic Alumni game. Is there any truth to that?

Eric Lindros: I talked with [Flyers GM] Paul Holmgren about a month or five weeks back and we chatted about it. That’d be great if I could see Mikael Renberg again, and Johnny LeClair. I haven’t seen Johnny in a couple of years. That would be a lot of fun. Also possibly we could set up something along the lines where we could do something for CHOP (Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia), maybe have a lunch or do something along those lines. We could bring in hockey fans and chat a little bit about what we’re up to and sign a bunch of stuff

THE LEGION OF DOOM!!!

was wondering if he would get an invite. so glad to see that he will be there. my favorite Flyer of all-time. what a beast he was. if only he played under these rules today.

Yeah me too..sad to see how it ended here

Maybe he can KO Clarkie during the game

:D
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    and in other ex Flyer news
    Jeff Carter(notes), the Columbus Blue Jackets’ major offseason acquisition, has a hairline crack on the top of his right foot and may be held out of Tuesday’s home game against Dallas.

he was finally also diagnosed with chronic vaginitis
    pjhawks wrote:

THE LEGION OF DOOM!!!

Lindros and Reid are two things we agree on. I loved lindros too
  • The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    and in other ex Flyer news
    Jeff Carter(notes), the Columbus Blue Jackets’ major offseason acquisition, has a hairline crack on the top of his right foot and may be held out of Tuesday’s home game against Dallas.

he was finally also diagnosed with chronic vaginitis

Haha - I knew that was coming. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    pjhawks wrote:
    if only he played under these rules today.

he might be like sidney
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Good start. We should destroy this team.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Giroux is an absolute monster.

I'm liking the new '17' as well. Refreshing.

I think Bob is asleep in the net...not much action for him tonight
    Senators blow.

could be a few more fights...for some reason these two teams always like to mix it up.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    81 wrote:
    Senators blow.

could be a few more fights...for some reason these two teams always like to mix it up.

With Neil you never know what to expect and the same with Konopka, Read's shot sure surprised Auld lol
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    Walker blows

does Shelly get back in the line up for the next game?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,804
    Damn, kicking some major Ottawa booty :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    konopka just got 5 minutes for taking punches to the face
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    The Fixer wrote:

+1
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    The Fixer wrote:

:lol:

i expected a few more fights the way this game was going.

nice win....sort of odd that Bob skated off right after the final horn vs. haning out in the crease and taking congradulations there....thinking he's none to happpy about the back up role
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • This team is pretty good.

Don't know if we'll win the Cup or anything like that, but this is definitely a contending team. Big FU to the stupid Red Wings fans coming in here talking about the "rebuilding" after the Richie/Carter trades. For being "Hockeytown" they really are clueless.

any good site to see time on ice by player?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    This team is pretty good.

Don't know if we'll win the Cup or anything like that, but this is definitely a contending team. Big FU to the stupid Red Wings fans coming in here talking about the "rebuilding" after the Richie/Carter trades. For being "Hockeytown" they really are clueless.

it's still way early...if you remember in 09 they got off to a shit start and made the finals. last year they got off to a great start then played like shit for big chunks of the season.

it's good to get off to that solid start but there are still 77 games to go. lot can happen.

that said. i like the team. they have a lot more team speed then in the past. i still think they could use a little more size up front which concerns me in a 7 game series. it also seems Claude is out there all the time, which worries me about the top players wearing down later in the year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:

it's still way early...if you remember in 09 they got off to a shit start and made the finals. last year they got off to a great start then played like shit for big chunks of the season.

it's good to get off to that solid start but there are still 77 games to go. lot can happen.

that said. i like the team. they have a lot more team speed then in the past. i still think they could use a little more size up front which concerns me in a 7 game series. it also seems Claude is out there all the time, which worries me about the top players wearing down later in the year.

Yea I know it's a long season. I'm still very confident that they are going to the playoffs, which doesn't sound like a "rebuilding" job to me. What happens when they get there? Well we'll see. They've done better as a 6 or 7 seed than as a 2 seed.

I'm not worried about making the playoffs...but i would like that #1 seed.

i never thought of this year as a rebuilding year. more like a retooling year. i also didn't think they would get out of the gate this fast....should be a fun season
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,430
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

he might be like sidney

actually not at all because a hit like Stevens put on him would be grounds for about a 20 game suspension today. and him and leclair were prtty much unstoppable in the ridiculous clutch and grab and never a penalty in the 3rd period era. lindros would be ovechken with a more physical presence if he today or under today's rules.

anyone see the new Real Sports on HBO? they do a story on goons in hockey and the 3 deaths over the summer. scary stuff. similiar to the stories popping up about football players and long term health. don't understand the fascination hockey fans have with fighting. put me in the category of people who think it's time has passed. when we need to keep spots for no talent players like jody shelley and zac rinaldo it's time to rethink the usefullness.
  • 81 wrote:
    I'm not worried about making the playoffs...but i would like that #1 seed.

i never thought of this year as a rebuilding year. more like a retooling year. i also didn't think they would get out of the gate this fast....should be a fun season

I don't give a shit about the #1 seed. Caps will probably get it again with that shitty division they play in. Whatever.

speaking of the caps....stevieg should be here any minute to tell us how great the capitals are in the reg season. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

They have 4 lines they can roll. Younger legs up front and some size. They may be too young if that makes sense. Right now they're getting a lot of contributions from the rookies but it's a long grind plus playoffs.

Young guys tend to wear down. As I type this I would still love Schenn to be up here..he's tearing up the AHL

Salary cap issues is why hes not here.

Just got a text they recalled Schenn and sent down Rinaldo

you would think if he was one of the top prospects in all of hockey...he should be with the big club....

i'm looking forward to seeing him play.

if he turns into a solid player, this trade could turn out to be very lopsided in favor of the Flyers. :o
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

he might be like sidney

actually not at all because a hit like Stevens put on him would be grounds for about a 20 game suspension today. and him and leclair were prtty much unstoppable in the ridiculous clutch and grab and never a penalty in the 3rd period era. lindros would be ovechken with a more physical presence if he today or under today's rules.

anyone see the new Real Sports on HBO? they do a story on goons in hockey and the 3 deaths over the summer. scary stuff. similiar to the stories popping up about football players and long term health. don't understand the fascination hockey fans have with fighting. put me in the category of people who think it's time has passed. when we need to keep spots for no talent players like jody shelley and zac rinaldo it's time to rethink the usefullness.

I didn't see the piece on HBO thats probbaly the only show I miss when I cancelled my HBO. I am hockey purist I guess. I still think there is a place in the game for it. The old fashioned one-way player I think is being phased out. Most guys today can fight/skate play both ends of the ice. I didn't like the Shelley signing at all.

I'm too young to remember the 70's but the game has come a long way in fighting and what they allow and don't allow.

81 wrote:

you would think if he was one of the top prospects in all of hockey...he should be with the big club....

i'm looking forward to seeing him play.

if he turns into a solid player, this trade could turn out to be very lopsided in favor of the Flyers. :o

Yeah its been a salary cap issue is what I read

Thats what I was saying about the trade. I wanted Simmonds here last year when the rumor was him for Carter. He's supposed to be the real deal.

Nice to have so many young options

• Can't wait to watch Schenn! Too bad I'll be out of town.

$21,000 in cap space. :lol:

pjhawks wrote:
    don't understand the fascination hockey fans have with fighting. put me in the category of people who think it's time has passed. when we need to keep spots for no talent players like jody shelley and zac rinaldo it's time to rethink the usefullness.

gayest statement ever made