The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    you guys have a sick team ... :(

i think bryzgalov has the mental make up to be a flyer goalie ... if pronger stays healthy ... i expect you guys to be the #1 seed going into the playoffs ...

It's early but so far so good

Long way to go

The Richards deal has the makings of being a steal if Schenn is as advertised

I think crosby's health will determine who wins the division (assuming most key flyers are relatively healthy of course).

they dont play pittsburgh until december I don't think. complete opposite of last year when they played like 3 times in the first 2 weeks.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    This is the philly team that will bring philly a championship. Undefeated baby! ;):lol::mrgreen:

except that is all dependent on pronger being healthly come playoff time and we he has played something like 27+ minutes a game so far with a bad back 2 games into the season. not smart.

I think timonen is just as important. gotta find a way to keep those old bastards healthy.
    Agreed.

All the d guys are impotant. If healthy they might be the best in the league from top to bottom
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:
    you guys have a sick team ... :(

i think bryzgalov has the mental make up to be a flyer goalie ... if pronger stays healthy ... i expect you guys to be the #1 seed going into the playoffs ...

Long way to go

I think crosby's health will determine who wins the division (assuming most key flyers are relatively healthy of course).

they dont play pittsburgh until december I don't think. complete opposite of last year when they played like 3 times in the first 2 weeks.

Yeah the schedule is weird early on..Vancouver is the home opener I think ? :roll:

I think he's done. Those symptoms linger forever and he hasn't even had contact. When/If he comes back he's gonna be out again with another one. They get them much easier after the first couple.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    The Fixer wrote:

Long way to go

Yeah the schedule is weird early on..Vancouver is the home opener I think ? :roll:

I think he's done. Those symptoms linger forever and he hasn't even had contact. When/If he comes back he's gonna be out again with another one. They get them much easier after the first couple.

(in the seinfeld voice)...'that's a shame'
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,804
    This is the philly team that will bring philly a championship. Undefeated baby! ;):lol::mrgreen:

62 wins... and then lose in the 1st round.

nah u heard it hear first :lol::D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Simmonds may be my favorite player to come around in a long time.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.

For his sake the fans sake I wont get his Jersey

I have a bad track record of getting a guys jersey and hes traded or gets hurt

:x

To add to that he reminds me of Tocchet..gritty/hits/fights do anything to win type guy

• Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210

For his sake the fans sake I wont get his Jersey

I have a bad track record of getting a guys jersey and hes traded or gets hurt

To add to that he reminds me of Tocchet..gritty/hits/fights do anything to win type guy
    If you happen to own an old Carter jersey just have the nameplate changed. :)
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
    if anyone wants to join a fantasy hockey league PM me your email. Live draft on yahoo tomorrow night at 830 eastern. League isn't for money...just ask that you change your lineup each week and keep up with it.

Here's the league info...

Roster Positions: C, C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, W, W, F, F, D, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Points (PPP), Shorthanded Points (SHP), Shots on Goal (SOG)

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%), Shutouts (SHO)
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    This week will be a great week to see where we are (even thought it still very early) playing what i think are going to be 2 of the better 3 teams from the west. I wonder how the fans will treat Richards on Saturday. i hope they don't boo him too much.
  • fife wrote:
    This week will be a great week to see where we are (even thought it still very early) playing what i think are going to be 2 of the better 3 teams from the west. I wonder how the fans will treat Richards on Saturday. i hope they don't boo him too much.

Why would anyone boo Richards? Aside from the stupid Yankees hat thing - he was a great player here. Carter I could, maybe, see. Although it's tough to argue with the production those guys brought and how they helped revive the franchise after the long (one year) playoff drought. Not that I don't like the trades, but I don't see how anyone could boo either of these guys.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fife wrote:

Why would anyone boo Richards? Aside from the stupid Yankees hat thing - he was a great player here. Carter I could, maybe, see. Although it's tough to argue with the production those guys brought and how they helped revive the franchise after the long (one year) playoff drought. Not that I don't like the trades, but I don't see how anyone could boo either of these guys.

i agree that people shouldn't boo him i feel like some might. i liked the Carter trade and slowly liking the Richards trade too and have always loved Richards from his jr days.
    fife wrote:
    fife wrote:

i agree that people shouldn't boo him i feel like some might. i liked the Carter trade and slowly liking the Richards trade too and have always loved Richards from his jr days.

I dont think Richards gets booed..You might hear some for Carter

He never really embodied the Flyer type player..Richie on the other hand did

I'll never forget that shift against the Canadians in the playoffs

not sure why anyone would boo either....

neither said anything negative...neither asked for a trade...i think richads will get a few more cheers...but i wouldn't expect a ton of boo's for either. we'll see soon enough.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i hate all these early season off days.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    i hate all these early season off days.

Me too

Im lost..nothing to watch

Can't stomach watching baseball

:(

only 2 1/3 games in....but i'm liking this squad so far....

although it seems like Claude is out there every other shift....could wear him down if they try to do that all season....

they look so much faster and more athletic than last year
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Nice first period. 8-)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I'm working late but sounds like they're playing well

:D

I'm working late but sounds like they're playing well

:D

not so much in the 3rd. 4-3 Flyers at the 2nd intermission

Vancouver has a strong squad...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Turning into a shootout

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,804
    Turning into a shootout

:? Come on Fly guys!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Turning into a shootout

:? Come on Fly guys!

too many damn PP's for VAN

So far so good

:clap:

time to work on faceoff's
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

and not taking penalties

81 wrote:

and not taking penalties

the Jagr call was pretty weak...as was the Pronger. imo of course.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    upon further review....the box score shows flyers at 51% on face offs....looked more like 21
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    81 wrote:

and not taking penalties

the Jagr call was pretty weak...as was the Pronger. imo of course.

4 in a row for us then 6 in a row for them ?

I hate officials

it was good practice. :lol:

Pronger still looks rusty

offense looks better than i expected this early in the season.

Meszaros might be the best overall D man on the team now.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg