• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Just something thrown out there nothing in stone

Gonna take time to gel with all the youth and new faces
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    SIGN AVERY... :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    NOOOOOOOOOOO WAAAAAAAAY!

• 8181 Posts: 58,276

did he get cut?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    JAGR-GIROUX-LITTLE DANNY
    :D

Seriously?? Thought for sure briere would be in the middle since carter/richards are gone.

I've only seen part of one preseason game. I'm so far behind with flyers news

maybe on the power play

i think Jagr will play with Giroux
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Flyers not getting much love in the preseason prediction game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:

just got my SI today. They picked them to finish with 2nd most points in the east
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

just got my SI today. They picked them to finish with 2nd most points in the east

yahoo had about 6 guys and the Pens were beign leg humped and about half had the rangers ahead of the flyers. however one person had the Flyers in the finals.

one guy had them starting out slow and finishing strong as they learn to play with the new goalie and intergrate all the new players in...i agree with this assesment

i also saw Betts is gone. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:

yahoo had about 6 guys and the Pens were beign leg humped and about half had the rangers ahead of the flyers. however one person had the Flyers in the finals.

one guy had them starting out slow and finishing strong as they learn to play with the new goalie and intergrate all the new players in...i agree with this assesment

i also saw Betts is gone. :(

yeah, SI has the pens winning it all. I don't really care though...predictions don't mean anything. pitt is the best team on paper.
    I think it's gonna take some time for this team to get it going

They'll make the playoffs

Ilya hopefully steals some games with shutouts !

key to the season is going to be keeping pronger and timonen healthy. can probably throw jagr in there too with so many young forwards.
    The Fixer wrote:

key to the season is going to be keeping pronger and timonen healthy. can probably throw jagr in there too with so many young forwards.

Yeah..can they sit them until mid-season so they're fresh ?

:lol:

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    LET THE GAMES BEGIN. my prediction for this year

Flyers start off a little slow but begin to pick up around Christmas time. they will finish 4th in the conference. jagr will surprise many people and get 70 points. danny boy will lead the team in points and JVR will get 40 goals.
    fife wrote:

Flyers start off a little slow but begin to pick up around Christmas time. they will finish 4th in the conference. jagr will surprise many people and get 70 points. danny boy will lead the team in points and JVR will get 40 goals.

40 goals.....at first thought, i was going to say you were crazy...but if he plays like he did in the playoffs...it could happen. he is going to get a ton of ice time this year.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    fife wrote:

there is absolutely zero chance of both of those happening and about a 3% of either. jvr is not going to be a top 5 goal scorer in this league. i'd bet a shitload on that.

although agree with Fixer that it's all about health for Progner and Timonen especially come playoff time.
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

40 goals.....at first thought, i was going to say you were crazy...but if he plays like he did in the playoffs...it could happen. he is going to get a ton of ice time this year.

I agree about the ice time but i have a feeling that Jagr is going to start off really well this year and is going to force teams to cover him more and that should open the ice for JVR. also i forgot to mention that Simmonds is going to be the fan favorite this year. i love how he plays. the future looks bright.

now the question, what are the Flyers going to do with BOB this year. i say he plays about 25 games this year.
    pjhawks wrote:
    jvr is not going to be a top 5 goal scorer in this league. i'd bet a shitload on that.

i disagree...if he continues to play like he did in the playoffs, the sky is the limit.

he is going to be playing on one of the top 2 lines, and will get plenty of power play minutes as well.

i could see him touching 40. dude is a very talented player that is just coming into his own.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    fife wrote:
    now the question, what are the Flyers going to do with BOB this year. i say he plays about 25 games this year.

i had a 62/20 split...i think we are both in the ball park.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    pjhawks wrote:
    fife wrote:

there is absolutely zero chance of both of those happening and about a 3% of either. jvr is not going to be a top 5 goal scorer in this league. i'd bet a shitload on that.

although agree with Fixer that it's all about health for Progner and Timonen especially come playoff time.

i admit that 40 goals is a lot but i do believe that with the extra time he will be getting on the ice will help JVR score a lot more. on top of that he will be playing on the first line PP which i think will be much better than last year. also i agree with the pronger assessment but not really with Timonen, i think the 2 most important people on defense are going to be coburn and pronger.
    fife wrote:
    i admit that 40 goals is a lot but i do believe that with the extra time he will be getting on the ice will help JVR score a lot more. on top of that he will be playing on the first line PP which i think will be much better than last year. also i agree with the pronger assessment but not really with Timonen, i think the 2 most important people on defense are going to be coburn and pronger.

seems like Kimo wore down last year....but they are all important...if healthy, they have a top D corps...coupled with a top goalie...the top 5 blueliners (pronger, kimo, mazeros, colburn and carle) HAVE to stay healthy...and the 6th guy can't be oskar... :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

seems like Kimo wore down last year....but they are all important...if healthy, they have a top D corps...coupled with a top goalie...the top 5 blueliners (pronger, kimo, mazeros, colburn and carle) HAVE to stay healthy...and the 6th guy can't be oskar... :lol:

i agree, i think the 6 dman is going to Matt walker but could be wrong. I also want to see how are 2 very young guys are going to do. do we know yet what lines jakub Voracek, Sean Couturier are going to play on?
    fife wrote:

I will be shocked if giroux doesn't lead the team in points. I could see him finishing in the top 10 in league scoring this year.
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

i agree, i think the 6 dman is going to Matt walker but could be wrong. I also want to see how are 2 very young guys are going to do. do we know yet what lines jakub Voracek, Sean Couturier are going to play on?

Did Lilja make the team? I thought he was the 6th dman

Really excited to see Couturier and Read early on.

Whoever said 4th in the east sounds about right. I think they'll be 2nd in the division to the pens. 4-6 seed.
    fife wrote:
    81 wrote:
    fife wrote:

i was thinking the older guy (Lilja) they brought in would be the 6th D man...and walker or OB would be the 7th.

depth chart according to yahoo has JVR Claude jagr, hartnell danny simmonds, nodl courturier voracek, and rinaldo read talbot
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    per the flyers site

http://flyers.nhl.com/club/roster.htm

48 Danny Briere 5' 10" 179 Oct 6, 1977 34 Gatineau, QC, CAN
    14 Sean Couturier 6' 3" 197 Dec 7, 1992 18 Phoenix, AZ, USA
    28 Claude Giroux 5' 11" 172 Jan 12, 1988 23 Hearst, ON, CAN
    19 Scott Hartnell 6' 2" 210 Apr 18, 1982 29 Regina, SK, CAN
    68 Jaromir Jagr 6' 3" 240 Feb 15, 1972 39 Kladno, CZE
    14 Ian Laperriere ** 6' 1" 200 Jan 19, 1974 37 Montreal, QC, CAN
    15 Andreas Nodl 6' 1" 196 Feb 28, 1987 24 Vienna, AUT
    24 Matt Read 5' 10" 185 Jun 14, 1986 25 Ilderton, ON, CAN
    36 Zac Rinaldo 5' 11" 169 Jun 15, 1990 21 Missisauga, ON, CAN
    45 Jody Shelley 6' 3" 230 Feb 7, 1976 35 Thompson, MB, CAN
    17 Wayne Simmonds 6' 2" 183 Aug 26, 1988 23 Scarborough, ON, CAN
    27 Maxime Talbot 5' 11" 190 Feb 11, 1984 27 Lemoyne, QC, CAN
    93 Jakub Voracek 6' 2" 214 Aug 15, 1989 22 Kladno, CZE
    21 James van Riemsdyk 6' 3" 200 May 4, 1989 22 Middletown, NJ, USA
    Defensemen# Name Height Weight Date Of Birth Age Birth Place
    25 Matt Carle 6' 0" 205 Sep 25, 1984 27 Anchorage, AK, USA
    5 Braydon Coburn 6' 5" 220 Feb 27, 1985 26 Shaunavon, SK, CAN
    6 Andreas Lilja 6' 3" 220 Jul 13, 1975 36 Helsingborg, SWE
    41 Andrej Meszaros 6' 2" 223 Oct 13, 1985 25 Považská Bystrica, SVK
    20 Chris Pronger 6' 6" 220 Oct 10, 1974 36 Dryden, ON, CAN
    44 Kimmo Timonen 5' 10" 194 Mar 18, 1975 36 Kuopio, FIN
    8 Matt Walker 6' 4" 215 Apr 7, 1980 31 Beaverlodge, AB, CAN
    Goalies# Name Height Weight Date Of Birth Age Birth Place
    35 Sergei Bobrovsky 6' 2" 190 Sep 20, 1988 23 Novokuznetsk, RUS
    30 Ilya Bryzgalov 6' 3" 213 Jun 22, 1980 31 Togliatti, RUS
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    even better

BOSTON -- Ready or not, the puck drops on the Flyers' 44th season tonight in Beantown.

Last year, it began with an impressive 3-2 win over the Penguins in the first-ever game at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh. It was Sergei Bobrovsky's first NHL start.

They used that game to get off to a 12-4-2 start, as they cruised to the top of the overall NHL standings by December.

This year, the Flyers again start on the road. This time, under tougher circumstances, as they will witness an emotional ceremony as the Bruins' Stanley Cup banner is raised to the rafters at TD Garden. The game is televised nationally on Versus at 7 o'clock.

They are 5-7-4 all-time in the first game when opening the season on the road.

All-time, the Flyers are 20-16-7 (.547) in season opening games. Peter Laviolette is 3-2-2 in his season opening games.

Jaromir Jagr is tied for the NHL's all-time lead in points scored in season openers. He has 9 goals and 21 assists for 30 points on opening night.

LINEUP: Here are the Flyers' expected lineup and lines tonight.

Forwards
    Van Riemsdyk - Giroux - Jagr
    Voracek - Briere - Simmonds
    Hartnell - Couturier - Read
    Nodl - Talbot - Rinaldo

Defense
    Carle - Pronger
    Timonen - Meszaros
    Coburn - Walker

Goalies
    Bryzgalov
    Bobrovsky

That leaves Andreas Lilja as a healthy scratch on defense.
    The Fixer wrote:
    even better

BOSTON -- Ready or not, the puck drops on the Flyers' 44th season tonight in Beantown.

Last year, it began with an impressive 3-2 win over the Penguins in the first-ever game at the Consol Energy Center in Pittsburgh. It was Sergei Bobrovsky's first NHL start.

They used that game to get off to a 12-4-2 start, as they cruised to the top of the overall NHL standings by December.

This year, the Flyers again start on the road. This time, under tougher circumstances, as they will witness an emotional ceremony as the Bruins' Stanley Cup banner is raised to the rafters at TD Garden. The game is televised nationally on Versus at 7 o'clock.

All-time, the Flyers are 20-16-7 (.547) in season opening games. Peter Laviolette is 3-2-2 in his season opening games.

Jaromir Jagr is tied for the NHL's all-time lead in points scored in season openers. He has 9 goals and 21 assists for 30 points on opening night.

Forwards
    Nodl - Talbot - Rinaldo

Defense
    Carle - Pronger
    Timonen - Meszaros
    Coburn - Walker

Goalies
    Bryzgalov
    Bobrovsky

i like that second line. i heard that Briere likes playing with Voracek and i like Simmonds playing with them. they need some toughness on that line. kind of surprised that they have Timonen and meszaros playing together since they both kindof play the same type of game
    fife wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    even better

Forwards
    Nodl - Talbot - Rinaldo

Defense
    Carle - Pronger
    Timonen - Meszaros
    Coburn - Walker

Goalies
    Bryzgalov
    Bobrovsky

i like that second line. i heard that Briere likes playing with Voracek and i like Simmonds playing with them. they need some toughness on that line. kind of surprised that they have Timonen and meszaros playing together since they both kindof play the same type of game

the first line could be one of the best in the NHL. Best part about the 2nd line is that hartnell isn't on it. he fits much better on a 3rd line IMO.

Decent article about the upcoming year. I'm fired up now. Can't believe the season is here already

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-philade ... feedID=704
    fife wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    even better

Forwards
    Nodl - Talbot - Rinaldo

Defense
    Carle - Pronger
    Timonen - Meszaros
    Coburn - Walker

Goalies
    Bryzgalov
    Bobrovsky

this is a little suprising since last year they always had Kimo and Coburn paired up....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,804
    Let's Go Flyers!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA