The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    MFCarissa wrote:
    guys stamkos is top 3 in the league..he isn't going anywhere...get that out of your head

If Yzerman wasn't close to a deal with him, his rights would have been traded by now.

yeah, I'm sure there's huge demand for a guy that's gonna be a free agent in 24 hours :?

carters' deal runs through 2022!! thank fucking god he's gone
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,369
    The Fixer wrote:

That's about the only thing here that makes sense to me. I am bufuddled about the rest of it. Not good or bad - just befuddled. :?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    The Fixer wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    guys stamkos is top 3 in the league..he isn't going anywhere...get that out of your head

If Yzerman wasn't close to a deal with him, his rights would have been traded by now.

yeah, I'm sure there's huge demand for a guy that's gonna be a free agent in 24 hours :?

Key words: "by now"

But if that's what you guys want to tell yourselves to feel better about today, by all means, don't let me stop you.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    MFCarissa wrote:

Key words: "by now"

But if that's what you guys want to tell yourselves to feel better about today, by all means, don't let me stop you.

I'm not counting on them getting stamkos. Like I said, I'm reserving judgement until the rest of the pieces fall into place here. The flyers have a ton of cap space, the owner just sold the sixers, and they always spend right up to the cap. So I'm not exactly going out on a limb when I'm predicting there are more moves coming

I can't imagine having to watch jeff carter for the next decade. Poor columbus
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    edited June 2011
    The Fixer wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

Let’s remember Stamkos is going to be an RFA not a UFA .......no way Tampa doesn’t match any offer unless it’s over 10 Mil per year ........and guess what the compensation back to Tampa is going to be 4 first round draft picks!
    Post edited by Hawkshore on
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    hahaha

happy days for the fixer!!

guess they got the cash and cap room for bryzgalov now
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Hawkshore wrote:
    Let’s remember Stamkos is going to be an RFA not a UFA .......no way Tampa doesn’t match any offer unless it’s over 10 Mil per year ........and guess what the compensation back to Tampa is going to be 4 first round draft picks!

Yep! Excellent point. He's not going anywhere.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:

Yeah, didn't know that. Obviously that's an important point.

anyone know where to find a FA list?
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,808
    :o :shock: WOW, i think it's a great move for us!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The Fixer wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:

Yeah, didn't know that. Obviously that's an important point.

anyone know where to find a FA list?

http://www.mynhltraderumors.com/tag/201 ... ee-agents/
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Just another quiet off season in Flyerland :lol:

I can't even wrap my head around this yet

I will say I wanted Simmonds last year when the rumors were out there but that was for Carter.

Like I said when they were bounced again in the playoffs all of these disappointments came under the Richie-Carter regime..not shocked the team is going in a different direction. Rightfully or not they are the "Franchise" Wouldn't be surprised if Lavy had some major input..especially the Richards trade. I dont think he was a good fit for captain or a good leader.

Pronger or Little Danny will be wearing the "C"

Bryzgalov deal first 7yrs $48 million thats the guts of the deal. Money by year $10M,$6.5M,$8M,$6M,$6M,$5.5M,$5.5M,$2.25M,$1.25M

Haven't seen much of Schenn but they're saying he's a stud prospect only 19 years old drafted in '09

I heard Versteeg is next to go
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

I will say I wanted Simmonds last year when the rumors were out there but that was for Carter.

Like I said when they were bounced again in the playoffs all of these disappointments came under the Richie-Carter regime..not shocked the team is going in a different direction. Rightfully or not they are the "Franchise" Wouldn't be surprised if Lavy had some major input..especially the Richards trade. I dont think he was a good fit for captain or a good leader.

Bryzgalov deal first 7yrs $48 million thats the guts of the deal. Money by year $10M,$6.5M,$8M,$6M,$6M,$5.5M,$5.5M,$2.25M,$1.25M

Haven't seen much of Schenn but they're saying he's a stud prospect only 19 years old drafted in '09

this goalie better win cause the heat will be on w/ that contract
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

this goalie better win cause the heat will be on w/ that contract
    Captain obvious to the rescue
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The goalie will be fine

How the rest of the roster is filled is the question

The goalie will be fine

actually the contract isn't that bad since it's front loaded. that's what they did with timonen too. smart

I know he's not what he used to be, but I'd love to see gagne back on a cheap 1 year deal
    The Fixer wrote:
    The goalie will be fine

actually the contract isn't that bad since it's front loaded. that's what they did with timonen too. smart

I know he's not what he used to be, but I'd love to see gagne back on a cheap 1 year deal

Yeah..Homer has been slick with that

There was a rumor about Gagne coming back

This team has been turned over to Giroux and JVR as the young core

Brad Richards name is floating around also

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/hockey_top_50_prospects/

Hockey's Future Top 50 NHL Prospects

1) Brayden Schenn - C - Los Angeles Kings

Schenn's quality play for five different teams in a whirlwind season cements his status as the top prospect in hockey. His performance with Team Canada at the World Junior Championships in particular, where his 18 points in seven games tied Canada's all-time tournament record, made Schenn a household name. He has been dominant in the WHL as well, totaling 22 goals and 57 points in 29 regular season games split between Brandon and Saskatoon. The two-way center should have no problem stepping onto the Kings roster next year and playing a major all-around role for the team, eventually ascending to the second-line center slot that has been all but officially set aside for him.

:thumbup:

lost in all this talk about richards and carter is that the D was left untouched. solid D in front of solid goaltending is a recipe for success when coupled with the the forwards they still have on the roster
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:
    lost in all this talk about richards and carter is that the D was left untouched. solid D in front of solid goaltending is a recipe for success when coupled with the the forwards they still have on the roster

:shh:

Your boy Carle is still here

Schenn's quality play for five different teams in a whirlwind season cements his status as the top prospect in hockey. His performance with Team Canada at the World Junior Championships in particular, where his 18 points in seven games tied Canada's all-time tournament record, made Schenn a household name. He has been dominant in the WHL as well, totaling 22 goals and 57 points in 29 regular season games split between Brandon and Saskatoon. The two-way center should have no problem stepping onto the Kings roster next year and playing a major all-around role for the team, eventually ascending to the second-line center slot that has been all but officially set aside for him.

From what I've been reading he's not the best skater, but he has good hands and plays physical. Sounds like my type of player.
    The 81 wrote:

yeah, if pronger can stay healthy this team should contend for the east again. And this is before they add any other pieces up front
    The Fixer wrote:

From what I've been reading he's not the best skater, but he has good hands and plays physical. Sounds like my type of player.

Glad to hear he's physical

I'm gonna youtube some clips and check him out

I also heard someone say earlier (think it was panaccio, but I forget) that both richards and carter had no trade clauses that kick in after the upcoming season.

I still can't believe richards got traded.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I also heard someone say earlier (think it was panaccio, but I forget) that both richards and carter had no trade clauses that kick in after the upcoming season.

I still can't believe richards got traded.

Yep..I had heard that also

This dude Schenn looks like the real deal, dude

good shit...except for all the rage music. love the richards comp.
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    I'm assuming this thread has been busy over the hours....
    The Fixer wrote:

good shit...except for all the rage music. love the richards comp.

choice of music could of been better

kid looks good though

yep. crazy day.

was driving back up from baltimore and my phone started blowing up. I even put on 610 for a little while to see what the F was going on. Is eskin still on there? he wasn't today around 4, which was a pleasant surprise. anyway I heard the carter trade went down and I was soooo fired up. then 15 minutes later they reported that richards was gone too and I was bummed.

this lefty the phils brought in looks like a spider
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    The Fixer wrote:

yep. crazy day.

was driving back up from baltimore and my phone started blowing up. I even put on 610 for a little while to see what the F was going on. Is eskin still on there? he wasn't today around 4, which was a pleasant surprise. anyway I heard the carter trade went down and I was soooo fired up. then 15 minutes later they reported that richards was gone too and I was bummed.

this lefty the phils brought in looks like a spider

Yeah, I heard it all at once. Then on my drive to class they started talking about Stamkos, and I'm thinking "Jesus Christ, let's easy up here." All I know is thank God the entire douche crew is now out of this city.

Glad Abreu, I mean Carter, is gone. And I gotta say, I feel pretty much the same about Richards. A little more on the fence about that one, but for what they got in return and having Bryz signed is fine by me. Richards isn't a captain. Great two-way player, but he wasn't built to be the captain, give that shit to Pronger. And there's no way you demote the captain and keep him on the team. I like it all around. I'm thinking there's gotta be another move coming too. Not holding my breath, but it makes sense.