The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    I don't know if it's that bad. The Flyers no longer have a 12-year contract on the books that will take Richards until he's around 35. Plus you have prospects and the coveted cap room.

you want the cap space to sign players that are going to get you to the cup....i thought Richards was suppose to be that kind of player.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE MOVES!!! We just opened up a ton of cap space for say Steven Stamkos?

except for teh fact that Stamkos says he is close to signing an extension with TB. I don't see him coming to philly.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Posts: 9,235
    The 81 wrote:
    I don't know if it's that bad. The Flyers no longer have a 12-year contract on the books that will take Richards until he's around 35. Plus you have prospects and the coveted cap room.

you want the cap space to sign players that are going to get you to the cup....i thought Richards was suppose to be that kind of player.

He might be, but is signing someone to a deal for that length really a smart business practice. Just ask the Islanders how that's working out.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    wow flyers are bugging out today :shock:

stamkos??? :lol:

forget about it
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    The 81 wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:
    The 81 wrote:
    sounds like it is happening

http://phillysportsdaily.com/flyers/201 ... -columbus/

looks to be a solid deal assuming they can sign the guy coming back.

yup great to give up the 7th leading goal scorer in the league for a guy with a whopping 14 goals in 80 games and two draft picks that at best won't see the light of day for at least 3 years. Fixer loves this one i'm sure but i hope Homer can explain where he sees the extra 22 goals and 34 points that you just gave up coming from next year.

JVR is growing up before our eyes
    Richards production wasn't what i thought it could be.
    Claude continues to improve.

i'll take my chances on 22 fewer goals from Offense, if we can assume the goalie can knock 40+ goals off last years given up total

thanks for stating the obvious. some here don't understand that there is more to hockey than goal scoring
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE MOVES!!! We just opened up a ton of cap space for say Steven Stamkos?

well maybe if that type of move other than Ilya is on the table then i guess can see getting rid of both. but as the forwards are now constituted, even with much improved goaltending, this is a much worse team. and the whole idea trading either of these guys to resign Leino is fn absurd. both of these guys are 5x the player Leino is.
    He might be, but is signing someone to a deal for that length really a smart business practice. Just ask the Islanders how that's working out.

completly agree that 12 year deals are dumb
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

I love richards, but from what I am reading, the haul they got for him is pretty fucking good. This kid LA traded them is the top prospect in hockey. Should make the squad this season.

Carter, don't forget to grab your box of tampons out of your locker on your way out. you sloppy vag
    The Fixer wrote:
    thanks for stating the obvious. some here don't understand that there is more to hockey than goal scoring

i'll note this page when this team can't score next year and you are bitching about the offense a la the phillies thread.

and how do you feel that your boy richards is sent packing too? not sure a tunrover of the franchise is the right stop unless a major signing of an offensive player is coming too.
    The 81 wrote:

Richards will probably be good for half of it, but at the end he might be broken down and it's not like the money isn't guaranteed. The last thing anyone wants is to be crippled by a salary cap, just ask the Knicks how that worked out for the last decade until recently.

Of course as I'm posting this, I noticed the goalie got a nine-year deal.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    The 81 wrote:

Richards will probably be good for half of it, but at the end he might be broken down and it's not like the money isn't guaranteed. The last thing anyone wants is to be crippled by a salary cap, just ask the Knicks how that worked out for the last decade until recently.

9 years for a fucking goalie - jeezus homer is drunk again i think.
    The 81 wrote:

yeah, but if he breaks down, the big thing now a days is to hide the salary in the minors...
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    bryzgalov done. 9 years.

I need time to digest all of this shit and read about the guys they got.

carter leaving is obviously a great thing. I'm bitter about richards leaving...
    9 years???? dipi all over again

i know they needed a goalie..but jeez :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    edited June 2011
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i'll note this page when this team can't score next year and you are bitching about the offense a la the phillies thread.

and how do you feel that your boy richards is sent packing too? not sure a tunrover of the franchise is the right stop unless a major signing of an offensive player is coming too.

the dude schenn they got is supposed to be an offensive beast.

they obviously have a plan. I don't follow the NHL as much as MLB or NFL, so I really don't know much about the guys they got. I generally just watch the flyers. dude, you gotta get over the goal scoring stats. there's more to the sport than that

I'm just happy carter is finally gone. sucks richards had to go too, but the flyers usually do well when they make these big type moves...recchi for desjardins and leclair immediately came to mind
    Post edited by The Fixer on

9 years....yoswers...

how long until they say they traded Bob
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The 81 wrote:

Richards has had surgery at the end of the last two seasons (wrist, shoulder). Maybe that does have something to do with it
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    All the Flyers needed to add to their roster was a solid, consistent goalie. Trading 2 of your best forwards for an 'elite' goalie is ridiculous to me. If I was you guys, I'd probably be drinking by now. Schenn will probably pay dividends down the road, but still.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    [/quote] Richards has had surgery at the end of the last two seasons (wrist, shoulder). Maybe that does have something to do with it[/quote]

I'm sure that might contribute. Perhaps there's other off the ice stuff like him partying too much and so on. I'm only guessing on that.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    MSG 2024, MSG 2024
    Philadelphia 2024
    I wouldn't be shocked to see them steal stamkos from tampa. lots of cap space all of a sudden.

I'm reserving judgement until the dust settles. who knows what they have planned for the draft tomorrow and the rest of the offseason.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I wouldn't be shocked to see them steal stamkos from tampa. lots of cap space all of a sudden.

I'm reserving judgement until the dust settles. who knows what they have planned for the draft tomorrow and the rest of the offseason.

agree If they somehow get Stamkos I will then apologize on here and kiss homer's feet :)
    MFCarissa wrote:
    All the Flyers needed to add to their roster was a solid, consistent goalie. Trading 2 of your best forwards for an 'elite' goalie is ridiculous to me. If I was you guys, I'd probably be drinking by now. Schenn will probably pay dividends down the road, but still.

that's the exact point i've been trying to make in this thread. maybe there is more coming but as of now its kind of baffling to me at least.
    pjhawks wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

that's the exact point i've been trying to make in this thread. maybe there is more coming but as of now its kind of baffling to me at least.

this is the equivalent of saying a steak tastes like shit before it's fully cooked
    pjhawks wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

that makes sense to some extent, but at this point, we can only go with the info that we currently have.

it'll be interesting for sure to watch what unfolds over the next 7-10 days
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Signing Stamkos is Tampa Bay's #1 priority. If the Flyers get him, I will drink my own urine.
    The 81 wrote:

9 years....yoswers...

how long until they say they traded Bob

i could see if he was 21...but 31 :shock: :mrgreen:
    guys stamkos is top 3 in the league..he isn't going anywhere...get that out of your head
    guys stamkos is top 3 in the league..he isn't going anywhere...get that out of your head

yeah, I'm sure he's real loyal to tampa.

come on man. if the flyers can give him more money you don't think he's gonna come here?
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    The Fixer wrote:

Wow are u agreeing with ME :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!

If Yzerman wasn't close to a deal with him, his rights would have been traded by now.