The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    I don't follow the NHL offseason much, but I heard some shit about Vokoun. Anybody know if there's any chance of this happening?
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I don't follow the NHL offseason much, but I heard some shit about Vokoun. Anybody know if there's any chance of this happening?

That was a rumor last off season

They would need to move major coinage the dude makes $6.3mil

Untouchables for me (JVR,GIROUX)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Carter.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837

Carter.

10 year contract. Holmgren must have been drunk when that was offered.

I was ripped here for saying giroux's 3 year deal was too short
    The Fixer wrote:

Carter.

10 year contract. Holmgren must have been drunk when that was offered.

I was ripped here for saying giroux's 3 year deal was too short

Carter or Richards. Both contracts are ridiculously too long.

Carter.

I would move him for the right price

I wouldn't give him away but for a top flight goalie I would do it

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    If i am the Flyers i look directly to LA and get Johnathan Bernier. I would not trade Richards, Briere, Giroux, JVR but carter would be gone straight up. While carter might have a long contract his cap hit is not that bad for the kings who in my opinion need another goal scorer.

the Kings have alot of space next season for cap space and Johnathan is making 1.25 million for the next 2 season.

if the flyers trade Carter at 5.25 million and boucher is gone and so is leighton. you have Zherdev gone so is Carcillo and Nodl. that leaves the flyers with 5, 703, 572 under the cap. you have to sign Leino for 2 mil i year and you can still sign O'Donnel and still have maybe 2 million left.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    bouch was a two year deal.

carcillo needs to go.

i'd give noodle anouhter season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    fife wrote:
    If i am the Flyers i look directly to LA and get Johnathan Bernier. I would not trade Richards, Briere, Giroux, JVR but carter would be gone straight up. While carter might have a long contract his cap hit is not that bad for the kings who in my opinion need another goal scorer.

the Kings have alot of space next season for cap space and Johnathan is making 1.25 million for the next 2 season.

if the flyers trade Carter at 5.25 million and boucher is gone and so is leighton. you have Zherdev gone so is Carcillo and Nodl. that leaves the flyers with 5, 703, 572 under the cap. you have to sign Leino for 2 mil i year and you can still sign O'Donnel and still have maybe 2 million left.

I don't think anyone is taking carter for 9 or 10 years. should have traded him for carey price if that offer was on the table last year/this offseason.

I wouldn't trade any of the guys you mentioned (other than carter, who I would LOVE to see traded). I'd throw coburn in there as well. He really came into his own this year. After pronger I think he's by far their best defenseman. timonen really took a step backwards during the 2nd half of this season.

I think leino gets more than 2 mill per year.

Hopefully they can pull out a win tonight.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    this team is done like dinner. blown out again tonight - id say 4-1 or so.

doubt highly anyone is taking carter or richards with their contracts. richards contract is even worse than a certain 1st baseman's. something like 10 fn years for a defensive player who can't score a lick ugh.
    pjhawks wrote:

doubt highly anyone is taking carter or richards with their contracts. richards contract is even worse than a certain 1st baseman's. something like 10 fn years for a defensive player who can't score a lick ugh.

tied with your boy frosty with 66 points this year :? . unlike carter, richards does everything. whatever it takes to win games...PP, PK, bury people with checks (like he did in the buff series and boston/mont last year), play the other teams top line, score goals, set people up, fight, etc.

you love one dimensional players

carter is abreu on skates
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    81 wrote:

carcillo needs to go.

SAYYYYYYY WHATTTTTTTTTTTT????????
    benny-the-bull-spills-popcorn-chicago.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

tied with your boy frosty with 66 points this year :? . unlike carter, richards does everything. whatever it takes to win games...PP, PK, bury people with checks (like he did in the buff series and boston/mont last year), play the other teams top line, score goals, set people up, fight, etc.

assists in hockey are the biggest joke of a stat in sports, even more of a joke than RBIs in baseball. all you have to do is be on the ice for a goal and you have a 40% of getting one, 50% if you take out the goalie from the equation. richards plays good to great about 1 out of every 4 games. he had one good game against buffalo, game 6. carter might not be a great defensive player but to call him one dimensional is wrong. laviolette wouldn't play him if he was one-dimensional. and at least carter does something that was top 10 in the league, every team has a mike richards.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

assists in hockey are the biggest joke of a stat in sports, even more of a joke than RBIs in baseball. all you have to do is be on the ice for a goal and you have a 40% of getting one, 50% if you take out the goalie from the equation. richards plays good to great about 1 out of every 4 games. he had one good game against buffalo, game 6. carter might not be a great defensive player but to call him one dimensional is wrong. laviolette wouldn't play him if he was one-dimensional. and at least carter does something that was top 10 in the league, every team has a mike richards.

has carter EVER had a good playoff game? seriously. I can't think of one

richards has had plenty.

like I said...abreu on skates. decent stats that mean nothing
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    broom.png
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    broom.png

Did you use that same sign last year when the Flyers were down 3 games. how did that turnout.

Now concerning carter, he is a very good player but we already have 3 other players who will replace him. our offense is very strong and what we need is a goalie and carter is the player who can get us that goalie. it is well known that the Kings need another goal scorer and they have 2 young goalies.
    tonight is the night for the season's first shutout.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    fife wrote:
    Now concerning carter, he is a very good player but we already have 3 other players who will replace him. our offense is very strong and what we need is a goalie and carter is the player who can get us that goalie.

Exactly.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    http://edersith.tumblr.com/post/3168146 ... g-gay-boys

monday 12pm ... match play..dubi vs. richards....he can beat the shit out of him after every hole...

my condolences to all my peeps in here..sucks ( i won't say it again ..don't waste the team ..get a goalie)

but mr 81...this is for you !!!! love ya bro

so long ...gay boys
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    well that was pretty sad. Congrats to Boston!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    This team is so fuckin frustrating

Game one come out flat... game 2 played well enough to win it... game 3 flat again

Not enough effort from everyone.. I definitely see some players being shipped out of here

No way should this team shoulda got swept

• polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    i thought from the beginning - this team was going nowhere without pronger ... but i find it hard to believe they gave so little resistance in this series ... so much talent ...
    very disappointing but fact is no team is making a long run in the playoffs without their top goal scorer (its a fact Fixer not an opinion) and top defensemen barely playing. too little margin for error without those 2. team doesn't need major changes. top 6 forwards still better or as good as anyone in the league, defensemen still damn good with Pronger. shore up goaltending, get rid of the goons.
    pjhawks wrote:
    very disappointing but fact is no team is making a long run in the playoffs without their top goal scorer (its a fact Fixer not an opinion) and top defensemen barely playing. too little margin for error without those 2. team doesn't need major changes. top 6 forwards still better or as good as anyone in the league, defensemen still damn good with Pronger. shore up goaltending, get rid of the goons.

yeah, they sucked without carter in the playoffs last year :roll: .

I don't know how anyone can defend carter at this point. The guy has NEVER done ANYTHING in the playoffs. I asked if you had remembered him ever having a good playoff game....no response. I honestly can't think of one time where he was even close to being the best player on the ice in a playoff game.

combine his playoff output with his laissez faire attitude and you get a dog. I'd bet Homer is kicking himself for giving that turd such a huge contract. I don't care what they get back...just get rid of him
    http://www.courierpostonline.com/articl ... ext|Flyers

Flyers defend captain after lackluster series

Could Mike Richards have played his final game as the Flyers' captain?
    Could he have played his final game as a Flyer?

A year ago, those questions would have been considered preposterous, and even today they may draw the ire of Flyers' general manager Paul Holmgren and head coach Peter Laviolette.
    But there is a quiet, growing concern about the leadership skills of the team's 26-year-old center, who last week completed his sixth season with the Flyers and third as captain.

It is no secret that with boisterous alternate captain Chris Pronger out of the lineup with a fractured hand, the Flyers stumbled down the stretch, winning just seven of their final 21 games (7-8-6).
    They also came up empty in the playoffs, getting swept by the Boston Bruins after rallying to beat the Buffalo Sabres in seven games in the first round.
    In those 11 playoff games, Richards managed only one goal and played much like the rest of his teammates -- uninspired.
    The captain also spent much of the season quarreling with the local media, and on Monday he left the Skate Zone in Voorhees without talking to reporters. He then refused to participate in a conference call later in the day.

In his annual breakup scrum with reporters Monday, Laviolette spent nearly 40 minutes answering questions about his team, and many of them focused on his relationship with his captain.
    "I think that all relationships are built," Laviolette said.
    "You don't come in and put your hip on somebody's hip and say, "You and I are best friends.' Mike and I continue to work on our relationship. I respect him, I like Mike as a person and we continue to work on that."
    Asked if they see eye to eye on most things, Laviolette replied, "I would think so."
    Richards is in the third year of the 12-year, $69 million contract extension he signed midway through the 2007-08 season. The contract carries a $5.75 million cap hit with a no-movement clause kicking in July 1, 2012.

In other words, if the Flyers have any intentions of trading Richards, they have a little more than 13 months to do it. And while the Flyers' season may have ended just four days ago, there is speculation the club might try to move their captain for a much-needed goaltender, such as Los Angeles Kings' netminder Jonathan Bernier or Calgary Flames goalie Miikka Kiprusoff.

If Richards' days in Philadelphia are numbered, it's hard to tell by the overwhelming support he received in the Flyers' locker room Monday.
    When asked if Richards might find it too heavy a burden to wear the "C" when Pronger seems better suited to be the team's captain, Laviolette bristled.
    "Chris is a strong personality, nobody questions that," he said. "I think Mike has the respect of his peers and the guys in this room.
    "You're talking about a guy who, offensively, has put together some good seasons in a row and a guy that (last year) ultimately led this team to the finals and within two games of the Cup. I'm not sure of the line of questioning here.
    "Listen, I wish we were practicing today. I don't think you should go on a witch hunt for Mike Richards just because we're not. That doesn't make sense to me. This is the same guy who led this team to within two games of the Cup last year, is it not?"
    Richards also received overwhelming support from his teammates, old and new.

"It's very unfair," said left wing Scott Hartnell, who has two years remaining on a six-year contract that pays him $4.2 million a season.
    "He's the hardest worker. He's got the biggest heart. People who are saying he doesn't care or he didn't give it his all out there don't know what they're talking about because he's one of the most well-liked players I've ever played with."
    Richards' linemate, Kris Versteeg, agreed, saying the Chicago Blackhawks had to key on the Flyers' captain throughout last year's Cup finals.
    "I don't know why he wouldn't be captain material," Versteeg said. "He's been doing it here a few years, and from being on a team that played against him, you know who Mike Richards is. He's the captain of this team, the heart and soul, and I'm sure things will stay that way for a long time."

If Richards' days in Philadelphia are numbered, it's hard to tell by the overwhelming support he received in the Flyers' locker room Monday.

When asked if Richards might find it too heavy a burden to wear the "C" when Pronger seems better suited to be the team's captain, Laviolette bristled.
    "Chris is a strong personality, nobody questions that," he said. "I think Mike has the respect of his peers and the guys in this room.
    "You're talking about a guy who, offensively, has put together some good seasons in a row and a guy that (last year) ultimately led this team to the finals and within two games of the Cup. I'm not sure of the line of questioning here.
    "Listen, I wish we were practicing today. I don't think you should go on a witch hunt for Mike Richards just because we're not. That doesn't make sense to me. This is the same guy who led this team to within two games of the Cup last year, is it not?"
    Richards also received overwhelming support from his teammates, old and new.
    "It's very unfair," said left wing Scott Hartnell, who has two years remaining on a six-year contract that pays him $4.2 million a season.
    "He's the hardest worker. He's got the biggest heart. People who are saying he doesn't care or he didn't give it his all out there don't know what they're talking about because he's one of the most well-liked players I've ever played with."
    Richards' linemate, Kris Versteeg, agreed, saying the Chicago Blackhawks had to key on the Flyers' captain throughout last year's Cup finals.

"I don't know why he wouldn't be captain material," Versteeg said. "He's been doing it here a few years, and from being on a team that played against him, you know who Mike Richards is. He's the captain of this team, the heart and soul, and I'm sure things will stay that way for a long time."

the entire team needed an ass kicking in the final 2 months of the regular season. Boston provided it. hopefully, that inspires the entire team next season.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

yeah, they sucked without carter in the playoffs last year :roll: .

I don't know how anyone can defend carter at this point. The guy has NEVER done ANYTHING in the playoffs. I asked if you had remembered him ever having a good playoff game....no response. I honestly can't think of one time where he was even close to being the best player on the ice in a playoff game.

combine his playoff output with his laissez faire attitude and you get a dog. I'd bet Homer is kicking himself for giving that turd such a huge contract. I don't care what they get back...just get rid of him

agree he hasn't been great in the playoffs but he has been hurt in the playoffs the past 2 years. lots of guys for the flyers have sucked in the playoffs excluding last year's run. he is your whipping boy i get it but i dont' see where everyone else is getting a pass from you this year. hell you even tried to argue that goaltending wasn't an issue :roll:. and still waiting for list of 6 forwards on every good team better than carter (or any team for that matter.)
    81 wrote:
    the entire team needed an ass kicking in the final 2 months of the regular season. Boston provided it. hopefully, that inspires the entire team next season.

I will say kind of a baby move by Richards not to face the media and not call in for the conference call at the end of the year

Lindros-esque after the DET sweep

81 wrote:

I will say kind of a baby move by Richards not to face the media and not call in for the conference call at the end of the year

i personally could care less about players talking to the media. Richards has never had a good relationship with them. winning and the desire to win are more important to me than a few blurbs. you also know with richards, it's going to be yes no answers with little insight.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

except Lindros was a fucking stud and his coach called his team chokers. richards not so much....