The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jvr will send me to bed very early tonight
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    whoops...im a mush

spin spin
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    that McQuaid injury was one of the most awkward plays I have ever seen.

I hope he is OK so I can make a gif.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    MayDay10 wrote:

He should have gotten two minutes for boarding
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    MayDay10 wrote:

wow bad
    amazing..never seen anything like it

5 out of 9 games

injury now
    MayDay10 wrote:

wow bad
    They took him to the hospital. He was awake and responding, so thats good
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    good night good luck fly boys
    Was that the initial rendition of the jvr chant?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,974
    6a00d83451af4b69e2014e8835bdc3970d-pi
    What a shitty way to lose.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    Imagine how good this team would be with a goalie. 3rd goal wasn't his fault but man goal tending should have cost us the buffalo series. JVR is a machine can't wait to see this kid's future.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I blame lauren hart. get rid of that bitch already
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    the boston forecheck is dominating this series ... flyers D are giving the crease to the B forwards ...
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    the boston forecheck is dominating this series ... flyers D are giving the crease to the B forwards ...

please.

the flyers had fucking 55 shots tonight. awful TO in OT, but boston winning tonight was a fluke

long way to go. not saying they will win this series, but it's far from over
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

please.

the flyers had fucking 55 shots tonight. awful TO in OT, but boston winning tonight was a fluke

agreed. Flyers (JVR) dominated the chances, but as we all know, goaltending can steal games. Tim Thomas stole this game.

if they continue to play like they did tonight, they have a chance, as long as they don't make bone headed turnovers.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    The Fixer wrote:
    I blame lauren hart. get rid of that bitch already

not sure to get rid of her but surely get rid of the ridiculous duet between her and a taped Kate Smith - was cool once now it's just hokey and dumb. and God Bless America used to be played just for big games, it's overplayed by the Flyers now.

if Pronger doesn't come back this series is going to be a short one.
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    please.

boston outshot the flyers in the first two periods ... ya got 22 in the 3rd which i admittedly didn't see because i was watching something else ...

series CAN turn for sure ... but Boston is clearly the better team right now ... you want to score on thomas? ... it's pretty easy ... get shots on goal and look for the rebounds ... he gives up several bad rebounds a game ...
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,372
    That building was really rocking with Flyers & patriotic fever and then the quick start had everybody in a frenzy. Really shitty that they quickly blew it and it took until the 3rd period for the emotion to rebound.

Still, they played a great game - sometimes the other goalie steals it.

I'm really sick of the "duet" as well.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    6a00d83451af4b69e2014e8835bdc3970d-pi

EPIC FAIL
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    I'm emotionally drained after being there last night

They definitely deserved a better fate last night...3rd period and OT was dominating to say the least

JVR..WOW...I had said before the playoffs I had hoped this would be his coming out party like Giroux's last year..he has not disappointed

I loved the chant for him during the game

They're in a hole yet again..real surprise with this team :roll:

I think the well maybe running dry unfortunately
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

it's frustrating, because the Flyers were the better team last night execept in bostons goal crease. fuckin tim thomas. 8-0 in philly during his career. clearly we need to break his legs if the series makes it way back to broad street.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JVR..WOW...

he was clearly the best forward out there last night. i always hate to compare players, but on the offensive end i saw the ghost of captains (keith) past.

the vs. intermission talking heads tossed out alex ovenchin as a comparison. i don't see that.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,541
    "goalie stood on his head all night." :lol: .....i love hockey cliches.

as a non hockey fan, i can say this jvr character is fun to watch play though. hopefully there's a repeat of last year...
    www.myspace.com
    now we're at the stage where ya might as well flip a coin for who starts tomorrow night

i would play the waterboy
    now we're at the stage where ya might as well flip a coin for who starts tomorrow night

he'll be in there. no doubt. he should have had the bruins second goal and maybe even the first which eliminates OT. :x

golfing next week. :x :x :x :x
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

he'll be in there. no doubt. he should have had the bruins second goal and maybe even the first which eliminates OT. :x

golfing next week. :x :x :x :x

2nd goal was horrible..all 5 guys were just standing there..and that shot needs to be stopped

i will set up the tee time for next week
    81 wrote:

it's frustrating, because the Flyers were the better team last night execept in bostons goal crease. fuckin tim thomas. 8-0 in philly during his career. clearly we need to break his legs if the series makes it way back to broad street.

Clearly that needs to be done :lol:

Maybe even food poisoning before game 3 ?

81 wrote:
    JVR..WOW...

he was clearly the best forward out there last night. i always hate to compare players, but on the offensive end i saw the ghost of captains (keith) past.

the vs. intermission talking heads tossed out alex ovenchin as a comparison. i don't see that.

Unbelievable...he's in another world right now

Every shift he's driving to the net

Last year he really learned a lot apparently on the intensity level from the reg season to playoffs

"goalie stood on his head all night." :lol: .....i love hockey cliches.

as a non hockey fan, i can say this jvr character is fun to watch play though. hopefully there's a repeat of last year...

I'm glad he's blossoming..being the number 2 guy behind Kane in the draft would always be what he was remembered for

But now he's really making his own name for himself