The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    The Fixer wrote:
    obviously the game or series is not over

however ..the flyers need to trade or sign a real # 1 next year

they are wasting good teams

not having their best player...who happens to play defense...hasn't helped either.

watch versteeg. every time he gets the puck he turns it over.

of course ..huge ...that's the game though

cally was our best guy ..we lost him late in the year

not that we would have won..but he was big

versteeg has been horrible

seemed like a good deal ...he was awesome last year
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Pats54 wrote:
    obviously the game or series is not over

however ..the flyers need to trade or sign a real # 1 next year

they are wasting good teams

SUrprised they didn't make a move for a guy like rolloson. He is playing really well for TB and took the oilers to the cup a few years back. Flyers have tons of talent agreed too bad they are wasting it. Versteeg is garabage glad the B's didn't get him. Although Kaberle sucks ass for the B's. After what happened last year series is sitll far from over. THis is the Claude Julian coached Bruins.

Bobrovsky and boosh were both pretty good during the regular season.

This shit pisses me off. Different year, same story with this fucking team
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    like i said ... can't handle the forecheck and guys are just standing around in the defensive end ... the goalies haven't been good but the flyers D has been horrible ...

they need Pronger back to knock some bodies around ... just no heart on this team ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    just no heart on this team ...

don't know how you can say that. it's basically the same team that came back from a 3-0 series deficit last year and ended up in the finals.
  • StevieGStevieG Posts: 850
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

don't know how you can say that. it's basically the same team that came back from a 3-0 series deficit last year and ended up in the finals.

No heart and a bitch team!!!!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    StevieG wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    polaris_x wrote:

No heart and a bitch team!!!!!
    really?

On the night the caps get swept. Go away.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

flyers are getting punked and no one is standing up for themselves ... it's not the same team ... your missing Pronger ... if he comes back and richards takes krejci out again ... maybe you got a chance ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

flyers are getting punked and no one is standing up for themselves ... it's not the same team ... your missing Pronger ... if he comes back and richards takes krejci out again ... maybe you got a chance ...

no...thomas is playing way better than last year...bruins are different and the flyers have an empty tank
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,372
    I went on a bitch-fest about Versteeg at the game on Monday. Fucking 1st-round draft choice for that guy - he is THE WORST. He's like the bad Allen Iverson of hockey.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I went on a bitch-fest about Versteeg at the game on Monday. Fucking 1st-round draft choice for that guy - he is THE WORST. He's like the bad Allen Iverson of hockey.

he'd be great if it was a shinny league ...
    generic_golf_image(1).jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Most of you punk asses didn't listen to me that the Versteeg trade was horrendous but ill forgive you :lol:

Like everyone has said the goaltending was Not this bad all year right now it's pathetic

No Miracles on Ice this year

At least the Crapitals didn't disappoint as a one seed :lol::lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Most of you punk asses didn't listen to me that the Versteeg trade was horrendous but ill forgive you :lol:

Like everyone has said the goaltending was Not this bad all year right now it's pathetic

post reported for name calling. :P

Versteeg has been aweful, at this point, all i can hope for is a full training camp helps him out.

goaltending has fallen apart. bouch couldn't stop a beach ball right now. i'd go with bob in game 4, and i would have come backc to him in game 3 of the first round.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,539
    bring hextal back
    www.myspace.com
    what happened to the good ole days when a team would get owned on the ice and they'd send in someone to start a brawl!?? ... hahaha ...
    polaris_x wrote:
    what happened to the good ole days when a team would get owned on the ice and they'd send in someone to start a brawl!?? ... hahaha ...

i could go for a good brawl. something.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

post reported for name calling. :P

Versteeg has been aweful, at this point, all i can hope for is a full training camp helps him out.

goaltending has fallen apart. bouch couldn't stop a beach ball right now. i'd go with bob in game 4, and i would have come backc to him in game 3 of the first round.

Thats fine...just don't take away my PM's ;)

Yeah..throw BOB out there whats the difference at this point

I'm assuming he'll be back next year so the experience wont hurt

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I hate to say this but the flyers look lost out there yesterday. they look like they have no energy and i wonder if the way coach lavi wants to play the game is good for the long run. Lavi was the best coach last year in the playoffs but this year he has been one of the worst even going back to the Buffalo series. Why the hell is Richards not at the point on the PP. why did he bring in Leighton to play at all and why after 1 bad game did he scratch Bob.

i still have faith in this team and always will but come on show up.
    bring hextal back

Come on Jeags..at least spell his name right

:P

fife wrote:
    why did he bring in Leighton to play at all and why after 1 bad game did he scratch Bob.

100% agreed. makes no sense to name bob the starter, than bench him and put him in the press box after one bad game after one good game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    on the bright side, the hawks, caps, rangers and pens are all out and the wings will soon be following them.

i'm ok with nashville, vancouver or san jose winning it all.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,972
    Alright, got 'em right where we want 'em. ;)

not gonna happen, but holy shit if it did, you might see some jumpers in boston
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

not gonna happen, but holy shit if it did, you might see some jumpers in boston

same thing, 2 years in a row, against the same team... :lol:

probably has never happened in the history of sports
    www.myspace.com

with insight like that, you should be working for espn. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

with insight like that, you should be working for espn. :lol:

history will happen...right? :? :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    same thing, 2 years in a row, against the same team... :lol:

Obviously not, but some good ones:

-Braves beat Pirates in 7 games in NLCS in 1991 (shutouts in Games 6 & 7) & 1992 (amazing bottom 9th comeback).
    -Yanks beat Royals in ALCS in 1976, 1977, 1978
    -Packers dramatically beat Cowboys in NFL Championship Game 1966 & 1967 (Ice Bowl).

Eh, I can't think of any others.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Bob announced as starter tomorrow.

not that it matters
    The Fixer wrote:

not that it matters

All year I talked up Boosh (as you guys know) - oh well.

Bob is good but he wasn't ready for the neverending NHL season.

The Fixer wrote:

not that it matters

All year I talked up Boosh (as you guys know) - oh well.

Bob is good but he wasn't ready for the neverending NHL season.

eh, it happens. It's not just the goalies that have sucked in this series