The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    OH BY THE WAY...NYC IS COMING DOWN

baseball bats in the trunk so don't even make the mistake...

that should be interesting.....gotta figure out the setup and what sections would give best sites

obviously all the way down will probably suck view wise

Yeah.. I'm assuming the ice would run 1st to 3rd base across the pitchers mound

If that's the case sections in the 200's along 1st and 3rd would be money

plenty of time to figure it out....keep the thread updated please...with rumors about everything associated w/ it..please thanks...i'll buy you a beer then i will piss on the phillies logo
    :lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    1st to 3rd is how they set up wrigley. didn't they do the same set up at fenway?

just seems like it would be a shitty way to watch a game. it's like they need a retractable roof for the hockey barns.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    1st to 3rd is how they set up wrigley. didn't they do the same set up at fenway?

just seems like it would be a shitty way to watch a game. it's like they need a retractable roof for the hockey barns.

60 % of the seats ..you will see zippo
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,369
    plenty of time to figure it out....keep the thread updated please...with rumors about everything associated w/ it..please thanks...i'll buy you a beer then i will piss on the phillies logo

Bitter? Jealous of our 2 red flags??? :?
    (Does the United States have a rivalry with Costa Rica?) :lol:

So, I'm hoping I get some dibs being a Phils partial season ticket holder for 5 years now.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Bitter? Jealous of our 2 red flags??? :?
    (Does the United States have a rivalry with Costa Rica?) :lol:

So, I'm hoping I get some dibs being a Phils partial season ticket holder for 5 years now.

ya lost me dude
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    OH BY THE WAY...NYC IS COMING DOWN

baseball bats in the trunk so don't even make the mistake...

Sooooooo uh.... lets talk tickets
    :D

that should be interesting.....gotta figure out the setup and what sections would give best sites

obviously all the way down will probably suck view wise

200s and 300s from 1st around to 3rd should be money. most of the 100s will suck as you will be at ground level.

tickets are going to be crazy to get. figure right off the top half will go to Flyers season ticket holders , rangers would proabbly get a few thousand and the NHL probably takes another few thousand. Very few, if any, public tickets. looks like Stub Hub for this one although will be ridiculously expensive. hopefully weather is nice and cold though, last year in pitt, other than night game, didn't have the same feeling without the cold.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Come on now..this is a Philly thread they never die

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I think phils season ticket holders will get dibs on tix once the flyers ticket holders decide on them (before they go on sale to the public). I am on some type of flyers email list and I've been getting pre-sale offers for playoff games, so I think I'm gold.

I think it will suck watching a hockey game at a baseball stadium (don't know how you are going to see anything), but I will be there for the spectacle.

I also think it's risky having this event in philly. What happens if it's 45 degrees on game day?

Hopefully panaccio is on to something here...

http://www.csnphilly.com/05/12/11/Flyer ... feedID=704
    The Fixer wrote:
    I also think it's risky having this event in philly. What happens if it's 45 degrees on game day?

It was 50s and raining in Pittsburgh last year and it worked out. That's why they were emboldened to have it in Philly.

For people bitching about Flyers being in it twice in 3 years, there are only a few cities where it is practical to have it, and most of them have been used up already. Ones left are Detroit, NY, Denver, Columbus, Mpls/StP.

Canadian cities get the Heritage Classic, btw.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247

and hopefully Stanley after close to 18 years :D
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009

and hopefully Stanley after close to 18 years :D

I'm rooting for the Canucks - besides the Flyers I kind of root for the Canadian teams since it's their game and all.

• MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    No offense to your team or anything, but this means that 4 out of the 5 Winter Classics will have included at least 1 team from Pennsylvania. The only exception being Detroit @ Chicago (also the only Western Conference match-up). Way to diversify it, Bettman. :roll:
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
    MFCarissa wrote:
    No offense to your team or anything, but this means that 4 out of the 5 Winter Classics will have included at least 1 team from Pennsylvania. The only exception being Detroit @ Chicago (also the only Western Conference match-up). Way to diversify it, Bettman. :roll:

philly is closer to DC and NY than Pittsburgh. Philly and Pitt might as well be in separate states.

Either way, who cares?
    The Fixer wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

philly is closer to DC and NY than Pittsburgh. Philly and Pitt might as well be in separate states.

Either way, who cares?

People who might be interested in watching, people who might be interested in going to a Winter Classic, and fans of teams that haven't gotten a chance to play in one.

I'm not really surprised or anything, but it's still disappointing. The NBC featured games on Sundays over the past couple of years are basically the Penguins, Caps, Flyers, Rangers, Blackhawks, and Red Wings 95% of the time. Put one in Minnesota to make it interesting. Those people are absolutely hockey crazy, and the weather would likely be perfect.
    MFCarissa wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

Either way, who cares?

People who might be interested in watching, people who might be interested in going to a Winter Classic, and fans of teams that haven't gotten a chance to play in one.

I'm not really surprised or anything, but it's still disappointing. The NBC featured games on Sundays over the past couple of years are basically the Penguins, Caps, Flyers, Rangers, Blackhawks, and Red Wings 95% of the time. Put one in Minnesota to make it interesting. Those people are absolutely hockey crazy, and the weather would likely be perfect.

it's 100% about ratings and nothing more. sure, people would show up in MN to watch the game, but would people in NY, PA, IL, MI etc, watch the game.

quite frankly, i have zero desire to go to a winter classic. sight lines are awful
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    MFCarissa wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    MFCarissa wrote:

Either way, who cares?

it's all about making money. all sports are like that with TV. The best teams are usually on a rotation.
    the sight lines will suck but as a huge hockey fan i gotta experience it...

that being said ..if i had to pay for tickets maybe not so much :lol:
    The atmosphere would be awesome, and the sight lines on NBC are terrible too.

I didn't really have any interest in watching this year's Winter Classic, but I turned it on for about 5 minutes to check it out anyway, and I was borderline motion sick. The overhead blimp camera and many of the other angles were horrible, and I think I remember hearing that the camera/production crew missed a goal as it happened.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,536
    mike richards' cable got shut off. why would someone "tweet" about this? idiot :lol:

http://www.crossingbroad.com/2011/05/yo ... -bill.html
    www.myspace.com
    mike richards' cable got shut off. why would someone "tweet" about this? idiot :lol:

I saw that yesterday..yes I follow Richie on twitter :P

No home team comps I guess

;)

http://www.csnphilly.com/05/15/11/Sourc ... feedID=695

Source: Bryzgalov would be perfect fit for Flyers

Sunday, May 15, 2011
    Posted: 2:23 p.m.

By Tim Panaccio
    CSNPhilly.com

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- The talk over the next month leading up to free agency for the Flyers is going to center around finding an established goalie to be the club’s new No. 1 next season.

According to one league source, Phoenix’s Ilya Bryzgalov might be a perfect fit for the Flyers.

Bryzgalov won 36 games for the Coyotes last season, posting a 2.48 GAA and a .921 save percentage.

The source, who is intimately familiar with the Russian, who turns 31 just days before he becomes a free agent, says Bryzgalov would relish becoming a Flyer.

“He would love the adulation he’d get in Philadelphia,” the source said. “This is a big guy, who plays back in the net and can play a lot of games for the Flyers. Phoenix and the Flyers have had some talks this season about trades, including Jeff Carter.

“Phoenix needs some significant help up the middle with Kyle Turris. They’ve talked to Philadelphia about trading for Carter to achieve that. Maybe they do that. Philadelphia has to move salary. You need to clear about $5.5 million to bring Bryzgalov to Philly, if he’s their guy.”

It might be bad for the Flyers, but interestingly, Bryzgalov just changed agents, signing on with Rich Winter, who is likely looking to make a killing for his new client.

As for using Bryzgalov’s Russian roots as a mentor for young Flyer goalie Sergie Bobrovsky, the source said that Bryzgalov’s personality might not be ideally suited for that.

“I don’t know if this is the guy you want doing that,” the source said. “The one thing with Ilya, is that he sometimes gets off his game and can get a little goofy on you, and you have to sit him down and get him back on the path. You might not want that as a tutor for your younger goalie.”

Bryzgalov is among a laundry list of goalies the Flyers are considering, including other free agents such as Tomas Vokoun, Evgeni Nabokov, who won’t report to the Islanders, and two players who are not free agents, Miikka Kiprusoff and Niklas Backstrom.

;)

One of my buddies is an accountant for Comcast. Even he gets free cable.

Pretty funny
    http://www.csnphilly.com/05/15/11/Source-Bryzgalov-would-be-perfect-fit-fo/news_flyers.html?blockID=523014&feedID=695

Sunday, May 15, 2011

By Tim Panaccio
    CSNPhilly.com

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- The talk over the next month leading up to free agency for the Flyers is going to center around finding an established goalie to be the club’s new No. 1 next season.

According to one league source, Phoenix’s Ilya Bryzgalov might be a perfect fit for the Flyers.

Bryzgalov won 36 games for the Coyotes last season, posting a 2.48 GAA and a .921 save percentage.

The source, who is intimately familiar with the Russian, who turns 31 just days before he becomes a free agent, says Bryzgalov would relish becoming a Flyer.

“He would love the adulation he’d get in Philadelphia,” the source said. “This is a big guy, who plays back in the net and can play a lot of games for the Flyers. Phoenix and the Flyers have had some talks this season about trades, including Jeff Carter.

“Phoenix needs some significant help up the middle with Kyle Turris. They’ve talked to Philadelphia about trading for Carter to achieve that. Maybe they do that. Philadelphia has to move salary. You need to clear about $5.5 million to bring Bryzgalov to Philly, if he’s their guy.”

It might be bad for the Flyers, but interestingly, Bryzgalov just changed agents, signing on with Rich Winter, who is likely looking to make a killing for his new client.

As for using Bryzgalov’s Russian roots as a mentor for young Flyer goalie Sergie Bobrovsky, the source said that Bryzgalov’s personality might not be ideally suited for that.

“I don’t know if this is the guy you want doing that,” the source said. “The one thing with Ilya, is that he sometimes gets off his game and can get a little goofy on you, and you have to sit him down and get him back on the path. You might not want that as a tutor for your younger goalie.”

Bryzgalov is among a laundry list of goalies the Flyers are considering, including other free agents such as Tomas Vokoun, Evgeni Nabokov, who won’t report to the Islanders, and two players who are not free agents, Miikka Kiprusoff and Niklas Backstrom.

Bryzgalov for carter. Bam, done
    The Fixer wrote:
    http://www.csnphilly.com/05/15/11/Source-Bryzgalov-would-be-perfect-fit-fo/news_flyers.html?blockID=523014&feedID=695

Sunday, May 15, 2011

By Tim Panaccio
    CSNPhilly.com

Bryzgalov for carter. Bam, done

I've always liked Kiprusoff not sure of his playoff numbers though

I think any of the above are an upgrade

The Fixer wrote:

;)

One of my buddies is an accountant for Comcast. Even he gets free cable.

Pretty funny

I thought all Comcast workers did ?

The Fixer wrote:

that's like what, 9' with skates. dude better be super athletic.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

maybe they plan to use him in front of the opponents net on the PP

I don't see how a guy that big can possibly cover the bottom of the net
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

maybe they plan to use him in front of the opponents net on the PP

I don't see how a guy that big can possibly cover the bottom of the net

the link said his butterfly was good, but he was bad at rebounds. i'm guessing once he's down, he's staying there for a few
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

Comcast owns both teams..maybe the Sixers can use him if it dont work out