The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    What a bunch of dirty players....
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    There's no crying or whining in HOCKEY. ;)

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    goalkeeping101.jpg

so that's what the rangers have been doing this week. soccer as an off season team building exercise. :P

i'd go with Bob. Boucher looked aweful again. i would have also come back to bob in game 3 of the first round.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:
    goalkeeping101.jpg

so that's what the rangers have been doing this week. soccer as an off season team building exercise. :P

i'd go with Bob. Boucher looked aweful again. i would have also come back to bob in game 3 of the first round.

then why continue to keep him every year? if you aren't gonna make him a true # 1
    ya gotta come back with him ..
    point being pick one or the other....
    i just don't see how any goalie can get the needed inner confidence to win the whole thing in this system

and on a side note, dubinsky accidently kicked a soccer ball into the head of a vendor b4 game 4 ..knocked her out cold,,,the concession manager told us the story of the accident report,pretty funny
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Not exactly the start to the series I envisioned

I only saw bits and pieces of the game had my God Daughters Birthday party

I don't understand why this team has to have adversity to start showing up in a series

They better win Monday when I'm there or this could be a short series
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,372
    Pretty ugly all around. Boosh was bad, defense was bad, everybody was bad. In a way, this is almost better than losing 2-1 or something. The team knows they have to be better.

At least Boston still didn't score any PP goals. :lol:

Long series - no need to panic.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    Pretty ugly all around. Boosh was bad, defense was bad, everybody was bad. In a way, this is almost better than losing 2-1 or something. The team knows they have to be better.

At least Boston still didn't score any PP goals. :lol:

Long series - no need to panic.

Love the signiture which goes back to the days when hardly anyone wore helmets and some goalies were
    STILL NOT wearing masks. Philly should be fine come Monday night, it was awesome to finally see a Bruin game down here in southern Florida. Even though I wasn't paying too much attention while putting together a filter for our 125 gallon fish tank without flooding the house. :o

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,811
    What is everyone complaining about? we have Boston right where we want them. :? ;)
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    What is everyone complaining about? we have Boston right where we want them. :? ;)

now if you could just have the goaltending situation right where you want it...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

how's the back nine playing?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

how's the back nine playing?

warming it up for you cats
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I would not play Bob tonight. I would put Brian back in. Man, the guy didn't play great but most of the goals were not his fault. Bob didn't look good either.

our defense was horrible but will be better today. I am predicting a 3-1 win for the Flyers.
    WATERBOY SHOULD START
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    Just finished watching IIHF USA vs. Norway. Ole-Kristian Tollefson was born to be a Flyer. The Wings should just trade his rights back for free, or as an early Christmas present.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    You have your wish.. Boucher to start tonite. Pronger did not practice today but not that uncommon... guess we'll find out in few hours if he's good to do.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
    Big Drop wrote:
    Just finished watching IIHF USA vs. Norway. Ole-Kristian Tollefson was born to be a Flyer. The Wings should just trade his rights back for free, or as an early Christmas present.

is he a goalie with no inner confidence ?
    chromiam wrote:
    You have your wish.. Boucher to start tonite. Pronger did not practice today but not that uncommon... guess we'll find out in few hours if he's good to do.

you have to commit to this kid..its the right choice

now if he was to get shelled again...different story
    Big Drop wrote:

No, he's a defenceman that likes checking people in the back and hitting people face first into the boards. :|
    Big Drop wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:

No, he's a defenceman that likes checking people in the back and hitting people face first into the boards. :|

ah yes the perfect flyer :lol:
    Big Drop wrote:

He must like beating the Buffalo Sabres & New York Rangers. :P
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    Big Drop wrote:

and then losing the championship.... :lol:

we could go on and on ...
    Big Drop wrote:

Right now he doesn't like playing in the NHL, because he's playing for Modo, but I think the Flyers should sign him back. at least to their AHL team.
    chromiam wrote:

I heard Pronger was sick with a head cold

Gotta stick with Boosh and see what happens

I'm heading down shortly

Gotta bring home a W

Sec 209A row 6 if anyone else is headed down stop by

I'm heading down shortly

Gotta bring home a W

222A - pretty much the opposite end.

I'm heading down shortly

Gotta bring home a W

hi, i'm 81, are you phantom pain? no? thanks

hi, i'm 81, are you phantom pain? yes? can you buy me a beer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    big game big!!!!

i bet em 8-)
    81 wrote:
    I'm heading down shortly

Gotta bring home a W

hi, i'm 81, are you phantom pain? yes? can you buy me a beer

Probably should have worn a name tag or something. :D
    yikes..knocked into own net

who the fuck pinches like that 20 seconds in

quick pp now
    lol jody shelly ...1st shift :roll: