The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    polaris_x wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    you're right, it has been most of the year.

my point is that if you lose two games where you only allow 1 goal...then those games are on the offense. the flyers have lost 3 games in the series. In two of those games they have only allowed 1 goal and scored none. You can't blame the goalies for those losses.

the goalie play has been up and down, but if the PP is even average this series is over in 5.

this isn't rocket science boys. come on.

definitely ... but you need to factor in that goalie play affects the offense as well ... when you aren't confident that your goalie is gonna make the stops you have to play more conservatively ... it's why the flyers have had to come back the last few games ... goalies let in bad goals and they've had to open it up ... they've been lucky in that the offense was able to do that ...

I don't believe this. I think the flyers are just that much better than buffalo. The sabres have needed flukey goals and miller to even stay competitive in these games.

The flyers have dominated 90% of this series. Unfortunately the scoreboard and series record don't reflect this
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    The Fixer wrote:
    I don't believe this. I think the flyers are just that much better than buffalo. The sabres have needed flukey goals and miller to even stay competitive in these games.

The flyers have dominated 90% of this series. Unfortunately the scoreboard and series record don't reflect this

uhhh ... you just said it ... the sabres needed flukey goals ... others would just call it bad goals ...
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    The shot over Boosh's glove was deflected off a Flyers stick. No goalie makes that save unless they get lucky.

you are nuts. maybe if it's tipped at the net you have a case, but the shot was released right at the flyers stick.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,377
    Anybody hear what's up with Pronger?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

starting between the pipes?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,377
    81 wrote:

starting between the pipes?

Still just playing PP???
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    google tells me nothing. i expect it will be a limited role again.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Does buffalo have enough guys left to dress?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,673
    The Fixer wrote:

The Flyer skaters have had possession of the puck for better stretches of time... but goalies are part of the team too. I would say the teams have been pretty even based on the record. Goals are something like 17-16 Flyers.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

The Flyer skaters have had possession of the puck for better stretches of time... but goalies are part of the team too. I would say the teams have been pretty even based on the record. Goals are something like 17-16 Flyers.

True. What are shots? I'm guessing the flyers have outshot buffalo close to 2:1.

Flyers are -160 tonight. I'm surprised...I thought they would be around -200. Those low odds make me nervous for the first time since Leino scored on sunday
    You could argue that each game has been a coin toss. Buffalo has won 3 out of their last 4 in Philly, and last season, away teams were 4-0 in Game 7's. Plus you have the unpredictability of the goalie match up. Miller could be lights out.... or he could be average. One the other side, you have a goalie who last time starting let in a few despicable goals.... but he also has the experience and the ability to hold the Sabres to 2 or less goals.

Shots arent 2-1, it hasnt been too rediculous, but the Flyers have a decent edge. I think the Sabres have also blocked a ton of shots.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057

at least i'm not nervous :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    MayDay10 wrote:
    You could argue that each game has been a coin toss. Buffalo has won 3 out of their last 4 in Philly, and last season, away teams were 4-0 in Game 7's. Plus you have the unpredictability of the goalie match up. Miller could be lights out.... or he could be average. One the other side, you have a goalie who last time starting let in a few despicable goals.... but he also has the experience and the ability to hold the Sabres to 2 or less goals.

Shots arent 2-1, it hasnt been too rediculous, but the Flyers have a decent edge. I think the Sabres have also blocked a ton of shots.

Home ice doesn't mean shit in hockey
    I dunno though. I would feel a lot better if Game 7 was in Buffalo.

for some reason it hasnt been strong in Game 7's in the past few seasons.... which probably has kept the Vegas line a little towards the center.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    I dunno though. I would feel a lot better if Game 7 was in Buffalo.

for some reason it hasnt been strong in Game 7's in the past few seasons.... which probably has kept the Vegas line a little towards the center.

in 2000 the flyers blew a 3-1 series lead in the ECF with games 5 and 7 at home. I dont think home ice means anything in the playoffs.

I wish the flyers would kick lauren hart to the curb. she is the anti-kate smith. They haven't won anything since she started signing at games.
    ohhhhhh last minute 20 x on the fly boys..... i can't lose :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

I laid 320 to win 200.

lauren hart. AIDS. we lost. she's the ultimate mush
    edited April 2011
    The Fixer wrote:

I laid 320 to win 200.

lauren hart. AIDS. we lost. she's the ultimate mush

miller good start

i had to bet the dog
    Post edited by neilybabes86 on
    jesus..flyers are killing people :lol:

they look good boys..gotta get 1 by miller

that wasn't a penalty. MLB allows more contact than the NFL and NHL these days. Fucking gay
    The Fixer wrote:

that wasn't a penalty. MLB allows more contact than the NFL and NHL these days. Fucking gay

regardless..they're taking people out..old time hockey eh?
    The Fixer wrote:

regardless..they're taking people out..old time hockey eh?

the sabres are a bitch team. myers and kaleta are the only ones that hit

bugs on a windshield
    i would be nervous with the way miller is playing

although buffalo better pick it up soon or it will be over....flyers are toooo dominant in the 1st
    wow i hit submit..puck goes in :lol:

although buffalo better pick it up soon or it will be over....flyers are toooo dominant in the 1st

man, you are bad.

he tried to dribble that like a basketball :D
    at least its only 1-0
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,551
    at work...first time ever watching a hockey game on gamecast. kinda looks like Blades of Steel
    :lol:

go flyers
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

man, you are bad.

crazy eh??????? :lol:

i amaze myself

should be 7-0
    The Fixer wrote:

man, you are bad.

crazy eh??????? :lol:

i amaze myself

should be 7-0

long way to go
    the sabres have looked like AIDS in period 2 of all 6 games so far.