The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    you know you don't have a leg to stand on in this debate..so you run for a typo :lol: BRILLANT :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    you know you don't have a leg to stand on in this debate..so you run for a typo :lol: BRILLANT :mrgreen:

after reading your nonsense posts over the years I can surmise that it was not a typo.

the PP has been a much bigger issue in this series than the goaltending

get over what the flyers did to the rangers last year...and go bother someone else
    The Fixer wrote:

after reading your nonsense posts over the years I can surmise that it was not a typo.

get over what the flyers did to the rangers last year...and go bother someone else

who am i to bother the flyers..my team is in more trouble

i'am just saying (to no avail) the flyers have a serious issue in the pipes
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    The Fixer wrote:

they lost two games in this series 1-0. Boosh sucked tonight, but goaltending isn't the reason they are losing the series.

I don't know the exact PP breakdown for the series, but it has to be like 3-30.

I'm just bitter tonight. Flyers outplayed buffalo again tonight and lost. the sabres aren't that good.
    just looked it up. the PP is 2-26 in the series.

pathetic
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

they lost two games in this series 1-0. Boosh sucked tonight, but goaltending isn't the reason they are losing the series.

I don't know the exact PP breakdown for the series, but it has to be like 3-30.

I'm just bitter tonight. Flyers outplayed buffalo again tonight and lost. the sabres aren't that good.

no they aren't good enough to win it all(the sabres)

i know pronger is out which totally destroys the pp

my real issue isn't even the goaltending itself as much as the mental aspect

waterboy shows flashes of brillance but i think his head is fucked up for sure

last year was crazy..then he loses the job this year to bob..gets it back after 1 game ...plays good..then has a bad period and has now lost the job again

yes a change was needed tonight to shift momentum but i just don't see how any goalie can win the cup with all this back and forth
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,977
    PP first and foremost is the problem here.

Pronger out is huge.

Changing three different goalies in three losses is the second biggest problem.

Mike Richards is a pussy. There, I said it.
  • jamminpearlsjamminpearls Posts: 7,078
    ]someone just texted me that he's out for playoffs. hopefully that's true

I'm assuming 'lower body' means vaginal.[/quote]

but nothing about your pretty boy missing a wide open net and taking a 5 minute major penalty? - typical.[/quote]

richards has had a good series. you attribute good play to goals scored, so you dont realize this.

carter has sucked. as usual. his injury won't hurt this team at all. it might even help. like when the phils got rid of abreu. carter and abreu might actually be the same person[/quote]

I take that back Richards sucks,after blowing the 1st 2 games he played 4 and a half good periods. Then he blew again last night. I don't get how u defend some and kill others.
    Go Birds!!!!
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    does the captain know the playoffs started? and 4-year olds don't get a cold for as long as Richard's has been whining about his. Mike Richards is the most over-rated player in Philly right now. decent player. very good defensively but couldn't score even with Scott Hartnell's wife. he is a punk to boot.

and don't even get me started on being shut out for 2 games and bringing up and putting in the lineup a freakin goon with 3 goals and over 300 penalty minutes in the minors. someone tell the flyers and their fans it's not 1974 anymore. pathetic and disgraceful. i thought laviollette was better than that

fans suck too. way too quiet in the 3rd period and overtime.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:
    just looked it up. the PP is 2-26 in the series.

pathetic

Bingo

That's the whole difference in this series

They have been averaging the most PP's in the Playoffs and have nothing to show for it
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    3PM TODAY?
    I think with Richards and many of the Flyers draft picks over the years the Flyers have a great way of over-hyping their own prospects and draft picks.

Richards the next Clarke...JVR the next John LeClair

I remember as far back as Jiri Latal being the next Paul Coffey :roll: :lol:

The expectations are set pretty high before the guys even play in the NHL and they are labeled

Richards is a solid 2 way player..not a great captain imo..like I said before Homer brought in other former captains for a reason with this team

• Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    good luck today.
    I'll be watching on NBC.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    good luck today.
    I'll be watching on NBC.

Thanks Bathy

I see a game 7 in our future

:D

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=A ... ashear-mma

:wtf:

Former NHL enforcer Donald Brashear to try MMA

TORONTO (AP)—No stranger to fighting, Donald Brashear(notes) is looking to mixed martial arts.

A spokeswoman for promoter Ringside MMA says the former NHL enforcer has a deal to try cage-fighting.

The 39-year-old Brashear still has to pass a medical exam and get a license to fight from Quebec authorities. The plan is for Brashear to fight on the Ringside 11 card June 4 at the Quebec Coliseum.

Brashear is playing in the semipro Ligue Nord-Americaine de Hockey. He played in the NHL for the Montreal Canadiens, Vancouver Canucks, Philadelphia Flyers, Washington Capitals and New York Rangers.

The 6-foot-3, 237-pound Brashear collected 2,634 penalty minutes in 1,025 NHL games from 1993-2010. He had 85 goals and 120 assists.

36 minutes till game time and still no word on who's in net. :shock:
    Go Birds!!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Uhg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    DETERMINATION AND HEART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go Birds!!!!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    Woo-Hoo! :D
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    Holy Crap !

This team is so resilient dating back to the Playoffs last year

What a game

:thumbup:

• Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    Amazing grit and ballsiness to come back today. It's really tough to go on the road and win a Game 6 down 3-2, especially when you start a HORRIBLE goalie. :twisted:

I mean, I'm not much of a fan of Bob, whatever happened to him. But this guy, I thought we cut him. It's like the nightmare that won't go away. Damn, just get rid of the fucking guy, how much does it take?

Boosh had one bad game. Still it was a complete panic move for Lavi to start Leighton. One of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen. I didn't even want to watch the game when he was in there. Considering the house full of people I had over, it wasn't even worth it.

Ok, anyway, big-time Game 7 Tuesday! I'm hoping for a game like this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap/_/id/230422015/toronto-maple-leafs-vs-philadelphia-flyers :mrgreen:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    Amazing grit and ballsiness to come back today. It's really tough to go on the road and win a Game 6 down 3-2, especially when you start a HORRIBLE goalie. :twisted:

I mean, I'm not much of a fan of Bob, whatever happened to him. But this guy, I thought we cut him. It's like the nightmare that won't go away. Damn, just get rid of the fucking guy, how much does it take?

Boosh had one bad game. Still it was a complete panic move for Lavi to start Leighton. One of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen. I didn't even want to watch the game when he was in there. Considering the house full of people I had over, it wasn't even worth it.

Ok, anyway, big-time Game 7 Tuesday! I'm hoping for a game like this: http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/recap/_/id/230422015/toronto-maple-leafs-vs-philadelphia-flyers :mrgreen:

i'm going to focus on one positive and one guy who doesn't get enough talk around here. Danny Briere. wow what a playoff scoring machine this guy is. seriously is this guy one of the all-time Phlly playoff performers or what. averages over a point a game in the playoffs for his career. just awesome.
    gutty win

game 7's are always fun

i see a lucky bounce for buffalo in ot :mrgreen:
    pjhawks wrote:
    i'm going to focus on one positive and one guy who doesn't get enough talk around here. Danny Briere. wow what a playoff scoring machine this guy is. seriously is this guy one of the all-time Phlly playoff performers or what. averages over a point a game in the playoffs for his career. just awesome.

Absolutely

I read since the Lockout he is 2nd in Playoff goals with 38 only behind Zetterberg's 43

Money player

edited April 2011
    gutty win

game 7's are always fun

Just like you saw the Rags winning in round 1

:lol:

You have a hook up for me for game 7 tix ?
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

pjhawks wrote:

Briere and JVR have been awesome i wish the Captain would take notes. And was it really worth dressing Pronger tonight?
    Go Birds!!!!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

Bob has been a healthy scratch. Dont get the leighton start at all.

Pronger looked weird sitting so much. Any word on his hand? His shot looked ok.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    gutty win

game 7's are always fun

i have a hook for any sports ticket in the country...but with your wise ass comments ......
    gutty win

game 7's are always fun

i have a hook for any sports ticket in the country...but with your wise ass comments ......

I'm re-active not pro-active

:mrgreen: