The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,977
    Anyone see this? http://www.the700level.com/2011/04/repo ... tnell.html

And on a related note, who the fuck wants to be Matt Barnaby??? Everything about Kaleta is perfectly and utterly Buffalo - and I mean that in every way to be derogatory possible.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Anyone see this? http://www.the700level.com/2011/04/repo ... tnell.html

And on a related note, who the fuck wants to be Matt Barnaby??? Everything about Kaleta is perfectly and utterly Buffalo - and I mean that in every way to be derogatory possible.

Yeah...I heard about it but didn't know what player said it to Briere

Hopefully he crosses the line one more time

:lol:
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    While i am very happy about this win, i am really pissed at some players. to begin, what the hell is going on with Richard? i am not to impressed with him at all this playoffs.

secondly, why is Giroux also trying to make pretty plays, he had some great chances at scoring yesterday but he is making one too many moves.

How can we play Leighton in an elimination game when he has only played 1 games this whole season, I sometimes think that the Flyers like this whole situation around not having a #1 goalie. Bob had one bad game and now all of a sudden he is a healthy scratch?

I still have faith that this team will win game 7 but these players have to improve if we are going to make it to the cup final.

Finally 1 last thing, the refs have been horrible this series for both teams. Hopefully they let the game go alittle.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Richards has been off this series....and his penalties arent helping

Agreed with them being too fancy yesterday.....they had a string of open shots with about 3 to 4 minutes left in regulation that they completely botched due to over passing

At least Pronger is back on the power play.....huge difference
    UpSideDown wrote:
    Richards has been off this series....and his penalties arent helping

Agreed with them being too fancy yesterday.....they had a string of open shots with about 3 to 4 minutes left in regulation that they completely botched due to over passing

At least Pronger is back on the power play.....huge difference

I agree about Pronger being back, i was actually surprised he played. he didn't really take a shot and i think his hand is still hurt but he does seem to have a calming effect on the power play. just keep him in front of the net like last year and our PP will get better.
    Even though I don't condone Richards' hit, I gotta say the irony is lovely after douchebag Ruff's comments earlier in the series....
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    Even though I don't condone Richards' hit, I gotta say the irony is lovely after douchebag Ruff's comments earlier in the series....

Calling him a douchebag is an insult to douchebags everywhere. ;)
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    Report is no suspension or even discipline hearing for Richards. So get ready for more Lindy and Miller whining tonite and tomorrow.

As bad as the hit looked, it didn't warrant a second look. The officials took care of the matter as they should have with a penalty. Richards didn't thrust Connelly into the boards although he put him in an awkward position when he knocked Connelly's right arm down before the hit.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    watching highlights of the cup against the oilers

they're up to game 7.....i forget what happens..can't wait to see :lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

flyers won that series don't believe the man. wayne got hurt as hextall came out and smack him in the groin

al-hakim-shaking-fist.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

it's better to have loved and lost than to have not loved at all.

you wanna go hit the links tommorrow night.....oh wait, i've still got hockey to watch.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Where's my tickets ?

Stubhub can suck it !

:x
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers

Whatever gets you off...

You should check out the 2 series the Rangers have won in the past 14 years. :lol:
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16

Whatever gets you off...

You should check out the 2 series the Rangers have won in the past 14 years. :lol:

the same amount of cups the flyers dogged in the same time frame ;)

oh and its called joking around..not getting off
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    I guess everyone missed richards setting up the tying goal. :roll:

He hasn't put up the offensive numbers, but I think he's been OK. He's always solid defensively and he plays physical. He can play better (like he did in the montreal series last year when he was the best player on the ice), but it's not like he's been jeff carter bad. It's funny, during the playoffs you can't tell if carter is in or out of the lineup. HIs presence in both scenarios has the exact same on-ice impact. Hopefully his yeast infection heals up nicely.

Like johnny said, lavy starting leighton was the worst coaching decision in philly since mcnabb got benched for kolb vs baltimore.

Flyers should be fine in game 7 as long as Boosh doesn't allow any softies. Buffalo just isn't good outside of Miller. Losing to this team would be reminiscient of the Eagles/Cards NFC title game. Let's keep David Akers out of Philly for this one.
    The Fixer wrote:
    I guess everyone missed richards setting up the tying goal. :roll:

And knocking one of Buffalo's players out of the series. :o

Wasn't he involved in the winning goal too?

• UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966

Pretty sure it was Versteeg with the shot and then Leino knocking the rebound in
    under pressure...... buffalo is carefree.....could be dangerous ....don't get nervous ....don't dog it again.. ;)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    under pressure...... buffalo is carefree.....could be dangerous ....don't get nervous ....don't dog it again.. ;)

what do you know about pressure in hockey?
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

what do you know about pressure in hockey?

alot considering its my favorite sport ..

and i do know all the pressure is on the flyers tonight

Pressure was on Sunday. Pressure was winning 4 straight elimination games vs. Boston.

Tonight will be fun. :D

Enjoy watching other teams in the playoffs Neily, just like every other year. :lol: :P

edited April 2011
    UpSideDown wrote:

Pretty sure it was Versteeg with the shot and then Leino knocking the rebound in

Richards created the entire play though. He did get an assist.

He's been fine this series. Unlike other flyers he doesnt have to score to have a positive effect on the team
    Post edited by The Fixer on

Pressure was on Sunday. Pressure was winning 4 straight elimination games vs. Boston.

Tonight will be fun. :D

Enjoy watching other teams in the playoffs Neily, just like every other year. :lol: :P

i always enjoy the best playoffs
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    The Fixer wrote:
    UpSideDown wrote:

Richards created the entire play though. He did get an assist.

He's been fine this series. Unlike other flyers he doesnt have to score to have a positive effect on the team

richards has been his usual average self with 2 ridiculousy bad penalties to boot.

pretty good call on goaltending not being an issue too :roll: :roll:

that being said i like the flyers 3-1 tonight.
    pjhawks wrote:

richards has been his usual average self with 2 ridiculousy bad penalties to boot.

did you watch the playoffs last year? you must not have, because richards was an animal.

I really don't understand how someone can like carter and dislike richards. Unless that person doesn't watch the games. Actually that would explain a lot of your posts

the PP is more to blame than the goaltending in this series. no question.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

did you watch the playoffs last year? you must not have, because richards was an animal.

I really don't understand how someone can like carter and dislike richards. Unless that person doesn't watch the games. Actually that would explain a lot of your posts

what does richards last year in the playoffs have to do with this year? richards has sucked in this series except for 2 plays. and he is an average offensive player at best. glorified blair betts. great penalty killer no doubt (when he is not taking stupid penalties himself) but the rest of his game, bleh nothing special.

hard to blame the offense when they were in a huge hole in games 5 and 6 and managed to go 1-1 in those games. no one in the league could have survived those 2 goaltending debacles.
    pjhawks wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

what does richards last year in the playoffs have to do with this year? richards has sucked in this series except for 2 plays. and he is an average offensive player at best. glorified blair betts. great penalty killer no doubt (when he is not taking stupid penalties himself) but the rest of his game, bleh nothing special.

hard to blame the offense when they were in a huge hole in games 5 and 6 and managed to go 1-1 in those games. no one in the league could have survived those 2 goaltending debacles.

richard is an all around player. he does a little bit of everything. comparing him to betts is brilliant stuff by you :lol::lol: . that's one for the pjhawks wall of shame. We're running out of space here.

you know they lost 2 games 1-0 right? that means they didn't score any goals in either game. they have lost 3 games. in two of those losses they haven't scored a goal. think about that really, really hard. I bet you reconsider the gaolie vs PP thing.
    kaleta is out tonight. rumor has it that richards gave him a concussion too (seriously).

grier might also be out.
    The Fixer wrote:
    kaleta is out tonight. rumor has it that richards gave him a concussion too (seriously).

grier might also be out.

Without Kaleta, who is going to motivate Brierre to make locker room speeches? ;)