The Official Philadelphia Flyers Thread

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,979
    DAN KORDIC. Now there's a name.

• that dude is classic..

good snow story when he was with the pens...i went to isles pens at coliseum ..tickets were right next to the runway where pens backup goalie sits for those who don't know...snow was the backup

i was whacked and just started talking to him normal and he was more than happy to have a convo considering the pens were getting blown out

by the middle of the 2nd i convinced him to let me try on his glove and blocker...swear to god.... :lol:

the isles fans figured i was his cousin or something :lol:

then someone on the isles got a hat trick and all the collected hats were put in a bag and put by snow...he gets up and hands me the whole bag :lol: ...im like wtf AM I GONNA DO WITH THIS SHIT SNOW :mrgreen:
    so i was just throwing them up to the seats around me ...

man that was an awesome time....always have love for snow for being so cool

game ended got up shook hands and went on my way....by that time we need each other's life story

thats my story...carry on

Nice story...he was a strange dude

Remember those shoulder pads he used to wear ?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • DAN KORDIC. Now there's a name.

Yes sir...he was a big dude

My All-time fighters from when I was growing up

1)Dave Brown
    2)Craig Berube
    3)Rick Tocchet

Of course All-Time greatest has to be Schultz

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Powder keg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Man the flyers looked awful tonight. Luckily the NHL rules are dumb and they get a point. I'll gladly take it after that performance.

I love richards, but he has been awful for the last month or so. I hope he's not hurt

Also, giroux is awesome
  • Frustrating game

That 2nd goal by PHX was horrible

BOB bounced back though and gave them a chance

PP awful again

goal scoring has gone in teh crapper

i thought the flyers played ok. they had a few long shifts in the offensive zone but couldn't connect. first few power plays looked good outside of not getting a goal on them.

the D man blew a tire leading to the first goal, although i thought the guy in front of the net should have slid over to take the puck carrier.

second goal was sort of flukey.

3 rd goal, well, power play with a D man without a stick. that's one thing i just don't get. i don't knwo the statistics, but i sure would like to see a player that is stickless go grab a stick regardless of what is going on.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    James Johnson traded to the Raptors for Miami's 1st round pick which will likely be bottom 5.

You knew this was coming when he was sent down to the D league. That was nothing more than a showcase.

Hopefully for him, he gets some playing time up there and becomes the player i think he can be.

Best of luck to him.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    James Johnson traded to the Raptors for Miami's 1st round pick which will likely be bottom 5.

You knew this was coming when he was sent down to the D league. That was nothing more than a showcase.

Hopefully for him, he gets some playing time up there and becomes the player i think he can be.

Best of luck to him.

:eh: :think:

:eh: :think:

:lol: i thought i was in the Bulls thread for some reason.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    81 wrote:

Best of luck to him.

:lol::lol:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    any word on bartulius?

just read that Sean may come back for the next game. he said if it was the playoffs, he'd be out there.

imo, i'd call somebody up and go ahead and let sean get 100%.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • If there was any question who should be the playoff starting goalie I hope it's been answered in recent games. Bob is just to inconsistent at this point.

Of course, the whole team play pretty lousy, and I was just happy they got a point out of it.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    If there was any question who should be the playoff starting goalie I hope it's been answered in recent games. Bob is just to inconsistent at this point.

i don't know if i agree with that. Bob has been solid all season. Last nights second goal was his first real bad goal of the season that i've seen. 1st and 3rd goals, the blame goes to D.

That said, i'd be ok with either guy between the pipes come playoff time. They both have the same exact save %, although Bob's GAA is slightly higher. Not sure why he faces more shots on average unless you think he's giving up more rebounds, which would sort of suprise me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 81 wrote:
    If there was any question who should be the playoff starting goalie I hope it's been answered in recent games. Bob is just to inconsistent at this point.

i don't know if i agree with that. Bob has been solid all season. Last nights second goal was his first real bad goal of the season that i've seen. 1st and 3rd goals, the blame goes to D.

That said, i'd be ok with either guy between the pipes come playoff time. They both have the same exact save %, although Bob's GAA is slightly higher. Not sure why he faces more shots on average unless you think he's giving up more rebounds, which would sort of suprise me.

The first 2 goals he gave up to Carolina were horrible. Then he was great the rest of the game. I'd rather have steady then awful/great.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    damn, i can't remember those goals specifically. i do recall Carolina coming out with guns ablazing. They were seriously fired up for that game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,432
    zherdev gone - best part of the story below is that when Richards got sick at Carolina the Flyers couldn't find Zherdev so they quickly had Shelley dress instead.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/freq ... erdev.html
    pjhawks wrote:
    zherdev gone - best part of the story below is that when Richards got sick at Carolina the Flyers couldn't find Zherdev so they quickly had Shelley dress instead.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/freq ... erdev.html

SO MUCH TALENT ..but it just never works out w/ him
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    wow...you would think they could have got something for him.

Oskar has a dislocated shoulder and walker is having surgery done on his knee. great. :lol:

bring up guy number 9 on the depth chart. :lol:

Sean will be back in there.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    edited February 2011
    Upshall given a 2 game suspension for his hit on Bartulis

I'm assuming if Bartulis gets right up no suspension ?

Edit : Bartulis out for the season !

Homer better burn up those phone lines for some depth
    Post edited by Phantom Pain on

the devils are gonna sneak in and bust u up :mrgreen:
  • the devils are gonna sneak in and bust u up :mrgreen:

Like last year

:roll: ;)

that's a joke. the hit wasn't even that bad. bartulis wasn't really close to the boards...he just didn't see upshall coming and he got launched.

odonnell isn't gonna be out long. they will find a warm body for the 6th spot until he gets back. I'm not too worried.

does cutting zherdev get them any extra cap space? I'm assuming it does
    the devils are gonna sneak in and bust u up :mrgreen:

Like last year

hey man..they are hot as shit right now
    if they do get in ....they will be tough

although at this rate they will pass us :lol:
  • The Fixer wrote:

that's a joke

odonnell isn't gonna be out long. they will find a warm body for the 6th spot until he gets back. I'm not too worried.

Like I said I think because Bartulis had a season ending injury..but I have seen worse hits this year then that an NO suspension..Campbell is very inconsistent

I think it does if he gets picked up by another team...but good luck with that one

rumors floating : Adam Foote or McCabe to the Flyers..McCabe has a NTC though

• the devils are gonna sneak in and bust u up :mrgreen:

Like last year

hey man..they are hot as shit right now
    if they do get in ....they will be tough

although at this rate they will pass us :lol:

Don't get me wrong I'd rather play the Rangers

8-)

The Fixer wrote:

that's a joke

Like I said I think because Bartulis had a season ending injury..but I have seen worse hits this year then that an NO suspension..Campbell is very inconsistent

I think it does if he gets picked up by another team...but good luck with that one

rumors floating : Adam Foote or McCabe to the Flyers..McCabe has a NTC though

I could actually see the pens going after zherdev.

adam foote :lol: . what, brad mccrimmon isn't available?
  • The Fixer wrote:

How about the CAPS with that Soviet Red Army team

I know right....Doug Crossman is in great shape I hear

The Fixer wrote:

that's a joke. the hit wasn't even that bad. bartulis wasn't really close to the boards...he just didn't see upshall coming and he got launched.

The waive saves a few dolllars. I think i read today that they have 2.9 to play with..

Sean skated yesterday for 40 minutes so im not too concerned unless somebody goes down for a long time. A good 7th guy would be nice, but going to be tough to find a decent one

I agree on the suspension. Bit excessive
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:

How about the CAPS with that Soviet Red Army team

I know right....Doug Crossman is in great shape I hear

You're right, he would fit in well with the caps. They are a bitch team

Crossman...haha.