Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Tonight is the night
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    81 wrote:
    Tonight is the night

you watching the edmonton feed? these canadien announcers crack me up. they're full of energy
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Tonight is the night

you watching the edmonton feed? these canadien announcers crack me up. they're full of energy
    Yep. I like them.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    Alright - hold on for the 3rd period. They have been ugly as of late.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    not real impressive, but at least the streak is over
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,812
    The Fixer wrote:

they were playing Edmonton after all, still no shutout this year though :problem:
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    The Fixer wrote:

I thought philly controlled the game. Id give them a b+ for the night
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

we must have watched different games. the flyers outshot the oilers 17-1 in the first. the final shots on goal totals were 27-25. So they had 10 shots combined in the 2nd and 3rd. And they gave up too many scoring chances for my liking.

A win's a win, but this one wasn't impressive against a crappy team.
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,378
    The Fixer wrote:
    81 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

we must have watched different games. the flyers outshot the oilers 17-1 in the first. the final shots on goal totals were 27-25. So they had 10 shots combined in the 2nd and 3rd. And they gave up too many scoring chances for my liking.

A win's a win, but this one wasn't impressive against a crappy team.

I agree with Fixer here. They just happened to be playing a horrible team.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    they dominated the first period, played well in the second, even tho they did get out shot. and in the third, they were up two goals and playing more defensive.

yes, they still need to improve, but edmonton was never in the game.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    they dominated the first period, played well in the second, even tho they did get out shot. and in the third, they were up two goals and playing more defensive.

yes, they still need to improve, but edmonton was never in the game.

I don't want to make a big deal about this, bu I was just reading the philly papers. Here are some of quotes...

Why, then, was there little joy in the Flyers’ locker room after they snapped a four-game losing streak Tuesday?

Because they were outplayed over the final two periods by an Edmonton team that is now last in the 30-team NHL. The Oilers outshot the Flyers, 24-10, over the final 40 minutes.

Defenseman Chris Pronger was especially critical of the team’s performance, saying the Flyers played "23 or 24 good minutes."

Coach Peter Laviolette didn’t like the final two periods, either.

“We lost our speed and turned the puck over by trying to be too cute,” Laviolette said. “We played a different game in the first period and really took control. They changed their game a bit and started to pressure a little more, so the turnovers happened, but there are a lot of unforced turnovers that we don’t need to make.”

After a dominating first period in which they outshot the visitors, 17-1, the Flyers went into a defensive shell.

“We are not in the position to do that right now _ ever, really,” Laviolette said. “However, certainly coming off some of the games we have played recently, we are looking for a complete 60 minutes.”
    some people are born negative. i'm not one of them. :lol:

maybe i have my rose colored glasses back on, after they finally one a game they were suppose to win.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    some people are born negative. i'm not one of them. :lol:

maybe i have my rose colored glasses back on, after they finally one a game they were suppose to win.

big difference between being negative and realistic.

I have no problem admitting that my team played shitty
    i guess i was just overly happy with getting the W, considering how they have been playing.

good to see ol' danny boy get a goal.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Seeing that Chara hit the other night reminded of the night Brad Marsh got hit into the turnbuckle of course with no helmet on

Fast Forward to the 1:04 mark

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REPonkCfllQ
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    Seeing that Chara hit the other night reminded of the night Brad Marsh got hit into the turnbuckle of course with no helmet on

it's funny to watch the highlights from the 80's. looks like the players are skating in slow motion.

did you think the chara hit was dirty? I thought it was a good play
    The Fixer wrote:

it's funny to watch the highlights from the 80's. looks like the players are skating in slow motion.

I know the game looks so slow like they all have bad skates or very bad ice

I only caught the replay on the NHL Network didn't see it live...without knowing any other circumstances that went on that game I would say it wasn't intentional. Definitely interference but I don't think he purposely tried to take him out to hurt him. Chara is a big boy and strong he could pretty much hurt guys with every hit if he wanted to, but I dont think he meant to on that hit.

• fifefife Posts: 3,327
    The Fixer wrote:

If you look at the replays in slow motion you can actually see Chara direct the player head. just seeing the trainer checking to see if the player had a pulse was maybe the most scary thing i have ever seen.
    fife wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

If you look at the replays in slow motion you can actually see Chara direct the player head. just seeing the trainer checking to see if the player had a pulse was maybe the most scary thing i have ever seen.

Eh, I don't think it was dirty. Like PP said, chara is so damned big, he could hurt someone on every hit if he wanted to.

Another game vs a crap team -- queefs tonight. hopefully the flyers can put together a solid 60 minutes...it's been a while since that happened.
    Pronger out Boynton in

Upper Body Injury

I'm working late...I heard another major-game misconduct on the Komisarek hit

yep, carcillo went face first into boards. JVR just BURIED armstrong. He is so much stronger and faster than last year. They had him on the point to start the 5 minute PP

Chippy early...this one could get ugly
    The Fixer wrote:

yep, carcillo went face first into boards. JVR just BURIED armstrong. He is so much stronger and faster than last year. They had him on the point to start the 5 minute PP

According to the Leaf broadcasters I'm listening to at work it should have been 2 minutes no major ?

Homerism or was it a legit boarding ?

The Fixer wrote:

According to the Leaf broadcasters I'm listening to at work it should have been 2 minutes no major ?

Homerism or was it a legit boarding ?

could have went either way. I think carcillo slipped a little bit, but it was a legit cross check from behind. carcillo was on the ice for a good 3 minutes after he went face first into boards. He's fine though...he was just on the ice yapping with someone before a faceoff.

also, carter scored on the PP but the ref had a quick whistle and waived it off.

shelly and carcillo both in the lineup...this one should have some action. lots of talking on the ice
    yeah, this one is about to explode. scuffle at every whistle
    The Fixer wrote:

I had to switch to 610's feed

Holy crap those announcers were horrible

get ready for some even-up BS calls against the Flyers

The Fixer wrote:

haha, right on cue. versteeg and odonnell go off and only one leaf after scrum. you were right on the money.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

haha, right on cue. versteeg and odonnell go off and only one leaf after scrum. you were right on the money.

never fails

One thing I have always hated about NHL Officiating they never call the game the way it's played

How's Boynton look ?

never fails

One thing I have always hated about NHL Officiating they never call the game the way it's played

How's Boynton look ?

honestly I didn't notice him at all. which is probably a good thing.

carter had a real good period
    That's a good sign...I heard the intermission interview with Boynton sounds like a good dude

This team is due to explode for 5-6 goals