O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    Jack Michael
    March 30 2006
    7 LB 14 Ouncesl
  • Options
    not4u10not4u10 Posts: 238
    My wife is 6 days from her due date and she is 3 cm dilated. She is very uncomfortable. We are hoping to have the baby tonight!
    08/28/98-09/01/00-12/08/02-12/09/02-04/28/03-05/03/03-07/05/03-07/06/03-07/08/03-07/09/03-07/12/03-10/01/04-10/03/05-05/13/06-05/27/06-05/28/06-06/01/06-06/03/06-06/19/08-06/25/08-10/28/09-10/31/09-05/17/10-10/19/13-10/21/13-10/27/13-4/28/16
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    not4u10 wrote:
    My wife is 6 days from her due date and she is 3 cm dilated. She is very uncomfortable. We are hoping to have the baby tonight!

OMG! i hope your little one will be here soon :)
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    ohhhh
    Good luck.
    Hope everything goes smooth.
    Fill us in when you have the chance.
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    MoonchildMoonchild Posts: 46
    Baby stats:

Lily Rhian: born September 20, 2006
    7lbs, 4oz., 19 inches :p
    You can't know what it's like, to bleed from here,
    The blackened world goes white, it goes nowhere...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
  • Options
    K
    Im sure we are still missing some babies on the first page.
    :D

We have travelled this week again.
    Adria was really good on the plane too.
    Im not looking forward to the trip home though.
    I flew out with Adria, but hubby comes tomorrow. Hes bringing the 2 border collies in the Civic/
    And we all get to drive back across canada in that civic together.
    Eric and I in the front. Adria nd 2 dogs in the back.
    Yeeee Haaawwww! :D
  • Options
    Brain of J.LoBrain of J.Lo Posts: 3,259
    genevieve wrote:
    K
    Im sure we are still missing some babies on the first page.
    :D

We have travelled this week again.
    Adria was really good on the plane too.
    Im not looking forward to the trip home though.
    I flew out with Adria, but hubby comes tomorrow. Hes bringing the 2 border collies in the Civic/
    And we all get to drive back across canada in that civic together.
    Eric and I in the front. Adria nd 2 dogs in the back.
    Yeeee Haaawwww! :D

Did you buy a seat for Adria or did you hold her on your lap?

I made the HORRIBLE mistake of holding Annabelle on my lap when I flew from Philly to St. Louis at Easter and I will never do it again...lol. It was a 4 hour trip (including the layover, during which we didn't leave the plane) and it was the longest 4 hours of my life! :D She didn't want to sit, she wanted to stand. Then she wanted to climb. Then she wanted to get on the floor. Then she wanted to tear up the in-flight magazine. Then she wanted to stand up on me again. Then she wanted to play with my glasses. It never stopped. SHE never stopped! :D

She is such a good baby, but from the moment she wakes up until she goes to sleep, she is constantly moving! lol... :) She is a great traveler, though, when she has her own seat. She likes to look out the window.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I have to come up with a great mother's day gift for PBW. I don't have a lot of money to spend on a gift, so any suggestions would be grand.

I am going to get her this T-Shirt too.

:)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    I have to come up with a great mother's day gift for PBW. I don't have a lot of money to spend on a gift, so any suggestions would be grand.

I am going to get her this T-Shirt too.

PBM

Awww, very clever PBM ;) As far as suggestions go, I don't know what is your price range, but I would suggest a gift certificate for a free massage. I don't know how much those cost...I know some that are reasonable priced. :/
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Did you buy a seat for Adria or did you hold her on your lap?

I made the HORRIBLE mistake of holding Annabelle on my lap when I flew from Philly to St. Louis at Easter and I will never do it again...lol. It was a 4 hour trip (including the layover, during which we didn't leave the plane) and it was the longest 4 hours of my life! :D She didn't want to sit, she wanted to stand. Then she wanted to climb. Then she wanted to get on the floor. Then she wanted to tear up the in-flight magazine. Then she wanted to stand up on me again. Then she wanted to play with my glasses. It never stopped. SHE never stopped! :D

She is such a good baby, but from the moment she wakes up until she goes to sleep, she is constantly moving! lol... :) She is a great traveler, though, when she has her own seat. She likes to look out the window.

Nope Adria sat on my lap.
    Shes pretty good about it.
    I have her nurse on the way up and then she has a bit of a snooze.
    Then we get out the Cheerios and some toys, her sippy cup and my water bottle and just try to keep entertained. She stands up, looks out the window...
    It was a bit nicer this time I went without my hubby and when I booked in at the desk I asked them to give me a window seat and keep the one in between me and the aisle on hold till the last possible moment.
    And so then in the end I had a free seat inbetween me and the other guy for some extra room. At no extra charge. :D

Very cute T-shirt PBM.
  • Options
    Quiet RhythmQuiet Rhythm Posts: 104
    Thats awesome PBM!

For my first mother's day, Krohn got me a mousepad with all the cutest baby pictures (which was hard to sort through for him lol) we had at the time.
    It was affordable and I love it still.
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    My wife had our baby lastnight at 7:19pm. She was in labor for 13 hours. I havent slept in 30 hours and im pretty much a mad man so im gonna sleep now.
    I'll be back
  • Options
    My wife had our baby lastnight at 7:19pm. She was in labor for 13 hours. I havent slept in 30 hours and im pretty much a mad man so im gonna sleep now.

Congrats! Ahh...I remember those first few days.

Give us the details when you come around.

PBm
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options

awwww congrats! boy or a girl?! :D

*sighs* that reminded me of how my boyfriend was after Chloe was born :o
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Well, my boyfriend's mom is in town, we went to Target to get some baby stuff for Chloe. We now got a Boppy Playing Mat, a high chair (for later) a swing and some 25 oz of Soy formula, and 3 boxes of diapers! *sighs* that was really sweet of her to get all that stuff for us, b/c I know b/t my boyfriend and I, we couldn't buy all of that stuff in one visit. :( Chloe just LOVES her place mat, now we don't have to put her in the stroller anymore :D

I was wondering, when do babies start eating solids (i.e. cereal) is that the 4 month?

now I am going to start putting together her swing so when she wakes up from her nap, she'll have another thing to play with :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    that sounds so nice and cute
    and from the buy sure you can´t
    nice to hear cloe is alright
    about the cereal here you start with mash after 6 months or one year...
  • Options
    corycory Posts: 736
    8 more weeks until my boy is here. Ultrasound shows that he has chest hair, is well versed in mixed martial arts, and spends most of his free time masturbating. He takes after his father....
    Revive the heart of the heartless...

Why would you start was has no end?
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    I was wondering, when do babies start eating solids (i.e. cereal) is that the 4 month?

It seems like we started Xavier on Rice Cereal around the 3 month mark...then moved onto vegatables about 2-2 1/2 weeks later. We went through all the vegatables and now, we're on to fruit.

PBM

• Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    Well, my boyfriend's mom is in town, we went to Target to get some baby stuff for Chloe. We now got a Boppy Playing Mat, a high chair (for later) a swing and some 25 oz of Soy formula, and 3 boxes of diapers! *sighs* that was really sweet of her to get all that stuff for us, b/c I know b/t my boyfriend and I, we couldn't buy all of that stuff in one visit. :( Chloe just LOVES her place mat, now we don't have to put her in the stroller anymore :D

now I am going to start putting together her swing so when she wakes up from her nap, she'll have another thing to play with :D

That is so awesome that your bf's mom took you to target! We have relied heavily on help from our families since we had Annabelle, so I know what it feels like when someone helps you out like that. It feels like you've won the lottery, lol. :) I'm sure she will enjoy the play mat!

Our pediatrician told us we could start on rice cereal at 4 months and then fruits and veggies at 6 months. Some doctors prefer that you wait until 6 months to do any solids. Honestly, we fed her very little cereal until the 6 month mark. Up until that time, it was more just like "practicing" eating with a spoon every couple of days. She really didn't like the rice cereal until I started adding a little bit of the stage 1 fruits to it.

I would just check with the doctor and see what she/he thinks you should do. Sometimes, depending on the child's weight, they will suggest starting it sooner or later.
  • Options
    Congrats! Ahh...I remember those first few days.

Give us the details when you come around.

PBm

Today is our first day home. Yesterday was great, we thought this is gonna be easy, but today is another story. He has cried all day, my wife is breastfeeding and he dosent always want to eat and he was sircome sized and that didnt help the crying. So i dont really know what to exspect?
    I'll be back
  • Options
    Today is our first day home. Yesterday was great, we thought this is gonna be easy, but today is another story. He has cried all day, my wife is breastfeeding and he dosent always want to eat and he was sircome sized and that didnt help the crying. So i dont really know what to exspect?

There is a LOT of crying sometimes in the beginning. Is the baby latching onto the breast properly? My baby would scream her head off and I could never get her to latch, so even though she was hungry, she wouldn't eat. If you think this is happening, call a lactation consultant and have them come over to your house. That might help the crying subside a little bit.

Just remember, the first few weeks are a little chaotic, but soon you will have it all figured out and the fun will start. :)
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432

One day at a time....no expectations....good days and bad! Take this from a mom of 4! Just both try to get sleep when you can, and care for mom totally, she must come first if breast feeding is to be a success.

Do try and enjoy the early days...they are over so quickly.

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    PJaddicted wrote:
    One day at a time....no expectations....good days and bad! Take this from a mom of 4! Just both try to get sleep when you can, and care for mom totally, she must come first if breast feeding is to be a success.

Do try and enjoy the early days...they are over so quickly.

oxc

Yeah ots pretty crazy. He will only sleep if we hold him or is lying between us in bed. We get about 4 hours of sleep. She is breast feeding and he is just now starting to take it good, but he falls asleep alot when feeding. I feel like a zombie. Im supose to go back to work in 2 days, I took a week off, but I just called my manager and I asked if I could just take the rest of the week off he said he will have to ask. I really wasnt asking, I was telling him. Do you think they would have a problem with that? Are there laws for guys?
    I'll be back
  • Options
    Yeah ots pretty crazy. He will only sleep if we hold him or is lying between us in bed. We get about 4 hours of sleep. She is breast feeding and he is just now starting to take it good, but he falls asleep alot when feeding. I feel like a zombie. Im supose to go back to work in 2 days, I took a week off, but I just called my manager and I asked if I could just take the rest of the week off he said he will have to ask. I really wasnt asking, I was telling him. Do you think they would have a problem with that? Are there laws for guys?

Good for you for being willing to take some extra time off to help your wife out!

I didn't take the time to read through this, but here is some info that might help you regarding the family medical leave act. (I'm assuming you are in the U.S.) http://www.babycenter.com/refcap/pregnancy/expectingdads/8258.html
  • Options

re: the baby only sleeping in your arms: Do you guys have a swing? We went through that for a long time and when we got a swing, everything changed. This is the one we have, and you can start using it right away because it is built to cradle the baby and support their heads. It's also really great if your baby turns out to have colic. http://www.toysrus.com/sm-natures-touch-baby-papasan-cradle-swing--pi-2265268.html
  • Options
    re: the baby only sleeping in your arms: Do you guys have a swing? We went through that for a long time and when we got a swing, everything changed. This is the one we have, and you can start using it right away because it is built to cradle the baby and support their heads. It's also really great if your baby turns out to have colic. http://www.toysrus.com/sm-natures-touch-baby-papasan-cradle-swing--pi-2265268.html

We have a bounce chair. We have to hold him until he is dead asleep and then put him in there until he starts crying and then its back in our arms. We may give the chair a try. Thanks!
    I'll be back
  • Options
    We have a bounce chair. We have to hold him until he is dead asleep and then put him in there until he starts crying and then its back in our arms. We may give the chair a try. Thanks!

We did the same thing! We would hold her, put her into her little chair and then back away very very slowly...and then she would wake up, cry and it would start all over again!

The swing seriously gave me back my sanity. If you get one, it'll be a huge help for your wife once you go back to work! I couldn't recommend it more strongly.
  • Options
    Do you guys have a swing?

The greatest man-made invention. ;)

PBM

• Options
    Hey, I just remembered... Adria had a birthday yesterday!!! Wow...she is 1 year old! How did you guys celebrate, Gen?

Happy birthday Adria!!!!!!! :)
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EecEm1Odqis

I love my baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll be back