Options

O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    sweetpotatosweetpotato Posts: 1,278
    how insane are the first few months?? i just had my second child (after 12 years...) and i had fortunately forgotten how hard these early days are, otherwise i probably would've balked at having another child! i'm exhausted, tho of course he is my joy. he's the sweetest little baby, even at 3:30am!
    "Ladies and gentlemen, the President of the United States, Barack Obama."

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

"i'm feeling kinda righteous right now. with my badass motherfuckin' ukulele!"
    ~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    how insane are the first few months?? i just had my second child (after 12 years...) and i had fortunately forgotten how hard these early days are, otherwise i probably would've balked at having another child! i'm exhausted, tho of course he is my joy. he's the sweetest little baby, even at 3:30am!

I hear ya! it is crazy! pretty much it is all her. If she wakes me up i feed her and I even work in the morning, but it is true, babies are worth all the exhaustion when you look into their little eyes :D
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    I'm excited, but also a little sad. I feel like I'm losing my little helpless baby more and more every day. But there is so much to look forward to! :)

Congrats!!!

I look forward to that day, but it's so convenient to put him in his Bouncy Chair or his Swing while I do a few quick chores. ;)

That first week or two was rough...I didn't know what the hell I was doing...holidays...lots of family visiting...crying baby...lack of sleep. During that time, I thought, "This is it...no more kids for us". As we've gotten into a groove and I've started to figure things out more...I've lightened up on that stance. ;)

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    an update on my little Chloe. My boyfriend took her to the doctor, and now she weighs 10 lbs. and is 22 1/2 inches long. :) She looks tiny but is getting heavy :p My boyfriend and I both decided not to give her shots, since we did some research on it and a lot of it contains a lot of toxic chemicals like mercury and famaldhide (the chemical they use for embalming) and we didn't want that inside her little body. We thought our doctor would push him into getting the shots, but nope. he was cool about it saying 'good for you' :)

she is already smiling and giggling. I can't wait til she walks so we can take her to the park and play hide-and-seek :p Kids. They are so wonderful :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    DinghyDogDinghyDog Posts: 587
    edited November 2012
    -
    Post edited by DinghyDog on
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    My boyfriend and I both decided not to give her shots, since we did some research on it and a lot of it contains a lot of toxic chemicals like mercury and famaldhide (the chemical they use for embalming) and we didn't want that inside her little body. We thought our doctor would push him into getting the shots, but nope. he was cool about it saying 'good for you' :)

Isn't she going to eventually get immunization shots to go to pre-school/elementary school? Thumbs up to you guys for standing your ground and looking out for her.

We had to get Xavier shots before he went into daycare. Another con about the daycare process...but what can you do.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    Not sure about in the US, but up here (in Ontario at least Im sure its the same across the country) kids are not allowed in school until they have had all their shots. If they havnt had chicken pox but hte age of 5, they must also get a chicken pox vaccine. The Waterloo Region Public Health unit found thousands of kids who were behind on their shots and were suspended from school until they were up to date.

Ive NEVER EVER felt comfortable getting all those shots for Joey since I dont like the chemical concoction that they are made from. But alas, he wouldnt be in school right now if I hadn't done it. Also several daycare centres also require all children to be current with thier shots.

heh, sounds like Im talking about a pet or something.
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    We asked our doctor about immunization and a link to autism. He was very adamant that they was no link between the two and our child would be better served getting the shots.

Xavier got his first round about a month ago and his is going great. He goes in for his second set in about 2 weeks.

PBM

• Options
    Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    I used to work in daycare and we had a little girl that was in my class that did not have any of her shots.

There's a paper that can be filled out by the doctor and the school district.

So, meddle, it's possible that you could never have to give Chloe shots and she could still go to school too.

It'd be worth checking into.
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    SHE'S WALKING!!!!! :D

I will post some updates/read what I've missed on this thread later tonight, but I just had to share the news with you all! :)

She can take about 3 steps at a time and move between our sofa and our love seat. She did it yesterday for the first time, and has been doing it consistently ever since.

I'm excited, but also a little sad. I feel like I'm losing my little helpless baby more and more every day. But there is so much to look forward to! :)

Congrats! I know the feeling. I looked at Jack just the other day and asked him where the little baby went. He went from never wanting to be put down to never wanting to be held overnight. Now he just wants to play with his many toys on the floor, crawl around, take a few steps here and there, and (GASP) climb the stairs, his new favorite thing to do, not that we let him do it much, or alone. Hard to believe he'll be 1 Friday
  • Options
    We asked our doctor about immunization and a link to autism. He was very adamant that they was no link between the two and our child would be better served getting the shots.

Xavier got his first round about a month ago and his is going great. He goes in for his second set in about 2 weeks.

PBM

i agreed to immunization but said NO to circumcision. i think he'll thank me for that one day. :)

"Obama's main opponent in this election on November 4th (was) not John McCain, it (was) ignorance."~Michael Moore

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    Congrats! I know the feeling. I looked at Jack just the other day and asked him where the little baby went. He went from never wanting to be put down to never wanting to be held overnight. Now he just wants to play with his many toys on the floor, crawl around, take a few steps here and there, and (GASP) climb the stairs, his new favorite thing to do, not that we let him do it much, or alone. Hard to believe he'll be 1 Friday

happy birthday to jack! and i hear you about the stairs- the scare the crap outa me.

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    i agreed to immunization but said NO to circumcision. i think he'll thank me for that one day. :)

I thought Circumcision was more commonplace, but after viewing several posts in this thread, I guess it's not.

PBM

• Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    I thought Circumcision was more commonplace, but after viewing several posts in this thread, I guess it's not.

PBM

I think it's becoming less prevelant, as with all standard things. We had my son circumsized, but my best friend and his wife didn't have their son cut.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    I used to work in daycare and we had a little girl that was in my class that did not have any of her shots.

There's a paper that can be filled out by the doctor and the school district.

So, meddle, it's possible that you could never have to give Chloe shots and she could still go to school too.

It'd be worth checking into.

thanks hands bound. :) We checked it out already by doing our research (well, my bf did that haha) but he said that certain states have different laws regarding shots. In our state, California, it is not a requirement for children to attend schools to have their shots.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    still i am :):) now entered week 25
    baby is moving now for sure in the night
    he/she loves music already
    daddy is talking to him/her too

i had a lot of stress bec. my store closed
    still in the company but another store
    not so easy
    so i might stop soon working
    hope all of you are fine
    next checking april 11
  • Options
    hey, that is around the same time I found out what I was going to have, so you might have that in the next few weeks to see if your little one is going to be a boy or a girl. :D

YEAH!! I am so happy for you girl. OH and expect your Rh shot to be given around the 32-34 week mark. SO not fun!
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    If we were going to have a boy Eric and I said we wouldnt circumcise.
    But a study just came out saying that circumcising might prevent some cases of HIV in males.

We gave Adria her shots but broke them up into two sets each time.
    Its the one year vaccine the MMR one that is possibly linked to Autism.

Adria hasnt been big on crawling.
    Sha always just rolled everywhere. :D
    But in the past week she is trying to crawl and walk.
    Its anyones guess what she will try to stick with.
    She will crawl a way and then decide she wants to find something to pull herself up on instead.
    I spend a majority of my day now walking around hunched over holding her hands as she walks around the house.
    She loves to go as fast as her legs will go and run down the hall waiting for the dogs to follow.
    She screams with laughter.
    She thinks they are going to chase her and its a fun game.
    Oooohhh my aching back! ;)
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    hey, that is around the same time I found out what I was going to have, so you might have that in the next few weeks to see if your little one is going to be a boy or a girl. :D

YEAH!! I am so happy for you girl. OH and expect your Rh shot to be given around the 32-34 week mark. SO not fun!

oh i hope so for now
    well i can´t sleep baby is moving so much around;)

i have to remember that thanx for telling me again but my doc she knows that
  • Options
    HAving a comfy sleep was somehting I really looked forward to in the end.
    I wasnt even that huge. Everything just ached and I couldnt rest properly.

Also Loved being able to bend in the waist.
    Ahhhhh......bendy..... :D
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    If we were going to have a boy Eric and I said we wouldnt circumcise.
    But a study just came out saying that circumcising might prevent some cases of HIV in males.

so does using condoms! which i hope he'll be doing anyway. but at least he'll be intact! just my opinion.

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    so does using condoms! which i hope he'll be doing anyway. but at least he'll be intact! just my opinion.

I wouldnt circumsise anyway.
    But I do agree that we should teach our kids about safe sex.
    Same thing with the new shot for girls to prevent cervical cancer.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:

This is all fascinating to me. Is it because you don't want him to experience the procedure or is there another reason.

I've got to be honest, an uncircumcised penis freaks me out. ;)

PBM

• Options
    This is all fascinating to me. Is it because you don't want him to experience the procedure or is there another reason.

I've got to be honest, an uncircumcised penis freaks me out. ;)

PBM

Hehehe....
    Weeeellll
    My hubby isnt
    and never had any problems growing up.
    To me its like saying that they found evidence that the scriptures were wrong and its not actually the foreskin God wanted removed.
    Its the earlobes.
    So would everyone start lopping off thier sons earlobes?
    HEheeee
    man that would be soooo funny
    I dont know I guess it has part to do with the procedure.
    Am I explaining myself all right?
    or just sounding like a boob? :D
  • Options
    Some cultures belive in female circumcision too.
    I dont belive in that either.
    And neither do most people over here.
    I think its a thing of the past.
    For me it is at least.
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    I dont know I guess it has part to do with the procedure.
    Am I explaining myself all right?
    or just sounding like a boob? :D

No, that makes sense...

I guess it's not something that I've openly talked about with others...I've always assumed.

PBM

• Options
    After paying $49.85 a week for 6 bottles of ready-to-feed Similac Alimentum formula, PBW called their 1-800 number and asked if they could send any samples or more coupons.

The customer service representative is sending us a bunch of coupons and a box (6) of formula for free.

I guess it never hurts to ask. Just a heads up if anyone is using Similac formula.

PBM

• Options
    genevieve wrote:
    But I do agree that we should teach our kids about safe sex.
    Same thing with the new shot for girls to prevent cervical cancer.

good. :)

for me, it's the idea of it that i find offensive. why mutilate our baby boys?? we wouldn't tolerate cutting any other part of him off at birth, would we??

~ed, 8/7
  • Options
    jocelynjocelyn Posts: 67
    We had another ultrasound this week to check on the baby's growth (she's doing fine) and they adjusted the due date to July 27th instead of July 20th. I've been telling anyone who would listen that I thought the original one was wrong, but what do I know!

John (ringo) made me laugh when he told my stomach yesterday, "Okay baby, this is the only time in your life that you'll actually grow younger!"

So....happy to have due date adjusted, but I also realize that she's going to come when she's going to come! (I can't believe I still have almost 4 months to go! Augh!)
    "I can only be as good as you'll let me."
  • Options
    Well i have a bit a downy .....(maybe it´s normal sometimes in pregnancy)