O.K. how many people here are pregnant?

Comments

• Options
    Here's a funny video of Annabelle "kissing" her pack n play:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_eFW59fdeo

:D
  • Options
    MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    i'm going to take some rest and get rid of this sinus/cold problem. I sure hope she comes here soon. Due date is already passing along. i've read that only 5% of babies actually come out on their due date. How many of you out there waited until your little ones came out into the world?
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • Options
    QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    i'm going to take some rest and get rid of this sinus/cold problem. I sure hope she comes here soon. Due date is already passing along. i've read that only 5% of babies actually come out on their due date. How many of you out there waited until your little ones came out into the world?

i was over 2 weeks overdue with my daughter. i had to have a c-section because i just would not, even with the help of pitocin, go into a regular labor pattern. the doctor said it is actually pretty common.

this can be a most anxious time. hang in there, it'll happen. i'm sure not soon enough for you.

best of luck to you, enjoy this very special time.
    Nice shirt.
  • Options
    PJaddictedPJaddicted Posts: 1,432
    MeddleDeal wrote:

Baby 1.....4 days late
    Baby 2.....3 weeks early
    Baby 3.....2 weeks early
    Baby 4.....1 week early

oxc
    ~*LIVE~LOVE~LAUGH*~

*May the Peace of the Wilderness be with YOU*

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.
    — Unknown
  • Options
    I went nearly 2 weeks past due, I was lucky enough to go into the labour the night before my I was scheduled to be induced.

Like Gen said, try and get some rest and enjoy the last few days you have. Run a nice hot bath, light come candles, drink a nice cup of herbal tea (can pregnant women drink herbal tea?) and just relax.

When you finally think its never going to happen, it'll happen!
    www.myspace.com/quietrhythm
    www.quietrhythm.livejournal.com
  • Options
    oh i am enjoying it. :) taking a bath doesn't seem like a bad idea and tea, been drinking herbal fruity tea every day :D I know you can drink some, as long as it is not too much of it. :) I just want to meet her,but I know she will want to come out as soon as she feels like it. My boyfriend said she is 'shy' to come out :p
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
  • Options
    ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    ziggy - How exciting!! :) Good for you both for quitting smoking. It's too bad everyone isn't as conscientious about their family planning! Your future kids are lucky. :)

Thanks! :) I think our selfish "who cares, we're still young so let's have fun and abuse our bodies" years are drawing to a close....now we can't stop thinking about the future -- and it feels good!

A few years ago when I was about 24 or 25 (I'm 27.5 now) I asked my mum how do you know when you're ready to have kids and she said "you just know" and I thought "oh yeah, another vague answer" but as always, she was right! :o
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • Options
    congrats Ziggy!! :D here's to a great start off in the year by quitting both smoking and drinking!! :) And it is GREAT that you and your man are doing it together! YEA!!

and to quote Rodney Dangerfield, 'the best part of having kids, is making them' :p
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    congrats Ziggy!! :D here's to a great start off in the year by quitting both smoking and drinking!! :) And it is GREAT that you and your man are doing it together! YEA!!

and to quote Rodney Dangerfield, 'the best part of having kids, is making them' :p

awww you still havent popped? your little girl must be toasty warm and she doesnt want to face the winter! :D good luck with everything when you finally do meet her.
    I'd rather be with an animal.
  • Options
    awww you still havent popped? your little girl must be toasty warm and she doesnt want to face the winter! :D good luck with everything when you finally do meet her.

haha. nope. I still haven't popped yet! She is overstaying her welcome as it is. haha. I think she is seriously becoming a moocher. :p Last night, I had contractions, but they didn't hurt as much. They subsided once I lied down and slept. Thanks for the well-wishes! :) And you all don't see me on this thread or on the board, well, u probably know what happened. Cross my fingers and hope SOON!! :D
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/psst.html

This store has always looked so friggin cute everytime I pass:
    http://www.thecradlerocks.com/

I will be there shopping for my niece to be for sure.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    mkcaps wrote:
    I recently found out that I am going to be a grandmom for the first time!
    My daughter is going to drive me to drinking though!
    Every little ache, and pain, she is in a tizzy!!LOL
    wow,Congratulations !!!!!Sorry that i ask but how old is your daughter?
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    thanks ladygooddiva :) i'm hoping that she'll come soon enough. As Tom Petty said, 'waiting is the hardest part'

you´re welcome...it seems she isn´t out yet.i hope you feel good and yes waiting is hard!
  • Options
    i am getting step by step to week 14 .and i´m getting tired and more tired every day ...i don´t know why .and i had nosebleed yesterday but just a few/bit .i was a bit afraid ....but it seems everything is fine now.
  • Options
    i am getting step by step to week 14 .and i´m getting tired and more tired every day ...i don´t know why .and i had nosebleed yesterday but just a few/bit .i was a bit afraid ....but it seems everything is fine now.

yeah you tend to lose energy while you are pregnant. I thought I would at least get some energy during my whole pregnancy, but i never did, but that could also be due to my lack of iron. It will change for you soon, in the coming months :)

and about nosebleeds, I STILL get them. i've read that your nose and your gums have a tendency to bleed since your blood vessels in those areas expands.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/living/psst.html

This store has always looked so friggin cute everytime I pass:
    http://www.thecradlerocks.com/

I will be there shopping for my niece to be for sure.

i've seen onesies on Haight & Ashbury in San Francisco the last time I was there. they had a Bob Marley and a baby blue Jimi Hendrix onesies. My boyfriend and I are thinking about getting both of them for her. If there is a Janis one, I might have to snag that too! :D Gotta represent her momma's Texas roots;)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Urban HikerUrban Hiker Posts: 1,312
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    i've seen onesies on Haight & Ashbury in San Francisco the last time I was there. they had a Bob Marley and a baby blue Jimi Hendrix onesies. My boyfriend and I are thinking about getting both of them for her. If there is a Janis one, I might have to snag that too! :D Gotta represent her momma's Texas roots;)

Hehe, that's awesome! Might as well dress them as you like for as long as you have any say.
    Walking can be a real trip
    "We've laid the groundwork. It's like planting the seeds. And next year, it's spring." - Nader
    Prepare for tending to your garden, America.
  • Options
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    yeah you tend to lose energy while you are pregnant. I thought I would at least get some energy during my whole pregnancy, but i never did, but that could also be due to my lack of iron. It will change for you soon, in the coming months :)

and about nosebleeds, I STILL get them. i've read that your nose and your gums have a tendency to bleed since your blood vessels in those areas expands.

ok thanx for the own experiences!;)
    oh so i can cool down .
    by the way we already have a girl name but no boy name that we really both like .any suggestions everybody?
    and on the 15 and 22 this month i watch two hospitals both have good calls)
    i hope i am not to early for that.
  • Options
    Annabelle has two teeth!!! :eek: :eek:

I have no idea when this happened! :D

This morning I was feeding her cereal and I felt the spoon scrape against something, and once I finally got her to let me check her gums, I saw and felt two little teeth on the bottom row! I haven't been checking her gums at all because she hasn't been acting like she was teething. Sure, she drools and chews on things all the time, but she has done that for as long as I can remember. I was expecting her to get extra cranky or fussy for a couple of days...and THEN see a tooth appear...but the teeth just showed up unannounced!
  • Options
    ok thanx for the own experiences!;)
    oh so i can cool down .
    by the way we already have a girl name but no boy name that we really both like .any suggestions everybody?
    and on the 15 and 22 this month i watch two hospitals both have good calls)
    i hope i am not to early for that.

no problem :D

ooo, boy's names, that is always hard. I always loved Liam though. :) going into preterm labor was always a small worry for me, b/c you don't know when or how it is going to happen, but hospitals now a days know how to deal w/early labor. :)
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,560
    Ok ladies, this is my sexist comment of the year, so pay attention. I apologize in advance.

Women, in general come up with dumb names for boys. :o
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Ok ladies, this is my sexist comment of the year, so pay attention. I apologize in advance.

that's a big generalization. what are some "not dumb" names?
  • Options
    that's a big generalization. what are some "not dumb" names?

Hehe, Im mostly kidding, although I'm partially serious. SOME ladies come up with dumb names.

Not dumb names are names that arent going to get their boys ass kicked on the playground.

Did you ever see that George Carlin bit? Todd and Tyler. They get beat up.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Hehe, Im mostly kidding, although I'm partially serious. SOME ladies come up with dumb names.

Not dumb names are names that arent going to get their boys ass kicked on the playground.

Did you ever see that George Carlin bit? Todd and Tyler. They get beat up.

I knew this little jerk named Tyler growing up. He deserves to get beat up. :D

Anyway, sometimes dudes come up with stupid names, too. Don't give us all the credit. ;)
  • Options
    I knew this little jerk named Tyler growing up. He deserves to get beat up. :D

Anyway, sometimes dudes come up with stupid names, too. Don't give us all the credit. ;)

Thats true. If it was up to some of the guys, they would be named Chainsaw or 'Dozer.

Lets find a happy medium, eh? One that wont get your ass kicked, but also wont land you in jail.

As for your tyler.....he deserved it....probably linked somehow to the fact that his name was tyler. Maybe he was ridiculed so much that he started to annoy others, then they kicked his ass.

but there you have it.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    BuruBuru Posts: 8,473
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

you used up your sexist comment too early on ;)

I've heard of some pretty dumb or ridiculous names...

Some ladies and gents can be stubborn
    as an example I give you my grandmother (dad's mom) -
    She insisted on giving my dad "Adolfo" as a middle name (Adolph in english), where is the problem?

My dad was born in 53', a few years after the war had ended, my grandfather and family are/were french and had lived through the 2nd world war and german occupation (they left france just as it ended) and obviously were not too fond of Hitler or the germans...

Her reason was that her dad recently passed had been named Adolph, my dad was their first son, and there was no reasoning with her... and thus my dad was named Daniel Adolfo :rolleyes: probably to a lot of discontent from the family... oh well...
    y la banda de Guille... cuando toca?
  • Options
    Buru wrote:
    you used up your sexist comment too early on ;)

I've heard of some pretty dumb or ridiculous names...

Some ladies and gents can be stubborn
    as an example I give you my grandmother (dad's mom) -
    She insisted on giving my dad "Adolfo" as a middle name (Adolph in english), where is the problem?

My dad was born in 53', a few years after the war had ended, my grandfather and family are/were french and had lived through the 2nd world war and german occupation (they left france just as it ended) and obviously were not too fond of Hitler or the germans...

Her reason was that her dad recently passed had been named Adolph, my dad was their first son, and there was no reasoning with her... and thus my dad was named Daniel Adolfo :rolleyes: probably to a lot of discontent from the family... oh well...

Good point. Im guessing Saddam and Osama arent quite as popular as they used to be.

Oh, and my sexist comment was for the tax year 2006:D
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Annabelle has two teeth!!! :eek: :eek:

I have no idea when this happened! :D

Cool. Good for you that they popped early. It seems teeth pop earlier in girls for some reason. Jack finally got 2 this week (9 months old) After sleeping thru the night fromn 1 month old to 7 1/2 months old, he woke up at 2:30 almost every night for a month and a half. Last week 2 teeth popped and now he's back to sleeping thru the night. His new thing is getting up earlier than before ( 8:30 to 9:00 as opposed to 10:30) eating, playing for an hour, than going back to sleep around 11 for 2 hours.
  • Options
    wow .....