Buffalo Sabres

Comments

• chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    no not really, i havnt heard him complain yet and i see most if not all of his interviews. and anyone who says he shouldnt be the assistant captain needs to watch his leadership and how hard he really does work on the ice.

Crosby whines everytime he feels that he should get a penalty called... kinda reminds me of Lemueix back in the day. And Crosby and Sundin both complained that the rules were doing enough to get them space and scoring opportunities... wtf should skill players wear different colored jerseys so that they can't be hit and are give a "halo" around them so they have room to make plays??? this is hockey not hopscotch.
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • BritneyJam wrote:
    just wanted to show my love for the sabres here. i went to a game a little while ago when they played pittsburgh, and im going again next month when they play philly. i have 5th row from the blueline seats :)

the biggest issue they have is they play terrible vs ottawa. so hopefully someone else will beat ottawa in the playoffs (maybe the leafs, cause they always do ;) ) and then buffalo can go all the way!

thanks for the Sabre love, yes they do have to beat Ottawa a couple of times to really prove there a team to beat even a team like Carolina as well but as for a team beating Ottawa I think this time around there not going to falter as they did in years past its going to take a great team to beat them further down the road and it looks like Buffalo is in the right direction.
    I to have tickets to the Philly game but not as good as yours im also going to try and get tickets to the Ottawa game

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!!!!!
    I'll be in the neighborhood later on, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get some frozen yogurt, or perhaps a whole meal of food, if that would be agreeable. Damnit.

Frank the tank
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    lets go buffalo......beat them leafs
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

• chromiam wrote:
    Crosby whines everytime he feels that he should get a penalty called... kinda reminds me of Lemueix back in the day. And Crosby and Sundin both complained that the rules were doing enough to get them space and scoring opportunities... wtf should skill players wear different colored jerseys so that they can't be hit and are give a "halo" around them so they have room to make plays??? this is hockey not hopscotch.

come on dude alot of players in the NHL think penalties should be called when they arnt. it happens in football and basketball too. no one whines.
    i dont think crosby ever said that about the new rules. he says all the time how they are great and help him.
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
    great win by the Sabs ....good bounce back from a tough loss to toronto ...miller looked good as well
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

How Derek Roy was great as well with 2 assists but Miller.....GREAT inbetween the pipes.

Just to let ya know Dipietro from the Islanders is injured, not sure of the seriousness of it though but with that in mind dont put it past the head of the USA team to reconsider Miller for the team.
    I'll be in the neighborhood later on, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get some frozen yogurt, or perhaps a whole meal of food, if that would be agreeable. Damnit.

Frank the tank
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    (not worth mentioning Pyatt)

I take offense to this...Taylor Pyatt is a good ol Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada product. Home of other great players like Greg Johnson in Nashville, Steve Rucchin in NY and Eric Staal (currently 5th in league scoring and second for goals) Taylor is a talented, young kid. Give him time to develop and he'll become another Eric Staal. My only question is whether Miller and Biron can continue to shine once pressure of the playoffs roll around. Also, Lindy Ruff in my eyes isn't all that great of a coach and again....once playoffs arrive, I think you'll see the difference and he'll be out coached.
    Adolescence in essence is all about trust.
    Leaving is for the answering machine.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    How Derek Roy was great as well with 2 assists but Miller.....GREAT inbetween the pipes.

Just to let ya know Dipietro from the Islanders is injured, not sure of the seriousness of it though but with that in mind dont put it past the head of the USA team to reconsider Miller for the team.

bit of a tangent here but I have a friend who thinks that Biron should have made the Canadian olympic team (gold medal what!!) but I say that he's a decent goalie having a great year not a great goalie coming into his prime, I mean I could be wrong but you guys obvisouly know more about the sabres then I do, what do you think?
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb

that would be sweeet to see miller go ....i think he is going to be a great goalie .the experience alone of thee olympics would really help his career out....

Miller should be on the U.S.A. team and I still wouldnt bet against it.
  • Well us Sabre fans arent the only ones buzzing about our team:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/columns/story?columnist=burnside_scott&id=2290162

Frank the tank
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Lindsey Ruff is coach of the year
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
    m0jorisen wrote:
    Lindsey Ruff is coach of the year

i dont know ......its early right now...the sabers have a tough road ahead of them.....half there team is out rihgt now so there are alot of players called up from rochester playin so will see what those guys can do until the injured players return

• badbrains wrote:
    I was at 11's magical night last night......that memory will walk with me 4 ever!

Dont get me wrong the Rangers are doing friggn awsome this year, im not doudting them but you have to give credit where credit is due both the Sabres and The Rangers are doing things this year that no one would have thought there doing or something like that

And yes # 11 is the man theres no denying that, unbelevable ceremony for him at the garden

Frank the tank
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    The Sabres have hit a small skid, which I chalk mostly up to injuries.

Last home game tonight before a long 6 game road trip.

Injuries or not, it would be huge if they could win tonight against the Kings and split the road trip.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    damn, I lost Briere in my hockey fantasy pool :(

Besides Carolina, Buffalo is # 2 most suprising team

I hope the Sabres can still bash the Leafs when they make the trip to Buffalo...........Go Sabres
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    The Kings are going to be a tough game tonight. We need Miller to be strong in the nets. Our special teams are great, but they have to start scoring in 5 on 5 situations. Their recent lack of 5 on 5 goals has me concerned...
  • U-RU-R Posts: 223
    MayDay10 wrote:
    The Kings are going to be a tough game tonight. We need Miller to be strong in the nets. Our special teams are great, but they have to start scoring in 5 on 5 situations. Their recent lack of 5 on 5 goals has me concerned...

jesus christ allmighty... sabres 8-1 over the kings at the end of the second period, l.a. are one of the best teams in the game at the moment too... the sabres could do some real damage come the playoffs, they're the real deal for sure
    if you love somebody, set them free. if somebody loves you, don't fuck up
  • good game for buffalo but la is not a top team, good but lets not get carried away
    10-1 victory over ..la ....very good ....nice to see the sabs get some goals ...hopefully buffalo can get some players back to make a strong push into the playoffs

lets go buffalo

• Buffalo was looking for a brealout game, though didnt think it was going be 10-1. 2 hatricks ( Pomminville and Hecht ) but i hope this game dosent get to there heads and they become cocky, hope they keep the team on the ground

We wnat 11 :)
    LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

Frank the tank
    Buffalo was looking for a brealout game, though didnt think it was going be 10-1. 2 hatricks ( Pomminville and Hecht ) but i hope this game dosent get to there heads and they become cocky, hope they keep the team on the ground

We wnat 11 :)
    LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

i think theyll be alright...they have had a great attitude this year so far

we saw the ad at the sabres game when they played the pens.
    BritneyJam wrote:
    i have a question for the buffalonians here....does mcdonalds still have that 40 mcnuggets and 2 large fries deal for $10 like they did when i was last in buffalo in december?
    that deal rules! me and my friend are gonna go for it after the flyers/sbares game in a few weeks...is the deal still exists.

oh rats ..i wish i can help ya ...i have no idear

that deal rules! me and my friend are gonna go for it after the flyers/sbares game in a few weeks...is the deal still exists.

My friend the deal that you are talking about does still exist and you still get 40 nuggets and 2 large fries for $10.00 DAMN thats a good deal I think when the Sabres are pounding away at Vancouver in going to stop there and pick it up....its gotta go with BBQ, hot mustard, ranch and the buffalo sauce and a pepsi.

Frank the tank
  • BUFFALO wrote:
    good road win against the oilers...miller looked great

Think the USA team is making a mistake with not picking up Miller........You bet your ass they are.

Good job by the team, I thought it was great for Kalinin to step in and help his linemate(McKee) in that scuffle he got into and if your from Buffalo like Roby said that was showing that this is a team effort.

LETS GO BUFFALO!!!

Frank the tank
    Kalinin......oh man another saber down WTF...sabs still beat a tough team...
    miller for usa hockey team ...can it still happen ????:)
    i really like this team ,but i still would like to see the sabs beat the sens....

LETS GO BUFFALO