Buffalo Sabres

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,668
    Let's Go Buffalo!!!! Bring on the Canes. Should be a great series..... Buffalo in 6.
  • Anybody going to Cleveland Tomorrow?, we are heading down early so we can watch the game down there, we are thinking about watching at the Winking Lizard Tavern if anybody wants to meet us there, we should be there around 1:30.
    Great season. Sucks it ended a little early....

Looks good for next year. Most players should be back. McKee says he really wants to stay, and I think grier could be replaced if he leaves via UFA and Biron may be gone too... but we could find a decent back up goalie
  • well its almost hockey season and its time to see how my sabres are going to do
    I'll be in the neighborhood later on, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get some frozen yogurt, or perhaps a whole meal of food, if that would be agreeable. Damnit.

Frank the tank
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2565158

Dumont, Predators agree on two-year dealAssociated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Nashville Predators never expected J.P. Dumont to be available during this offseason.

J.P. Dumont
    Right Wing
    Buffalo Sabres

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
    GM G A PTS +/- PIM
    54 20 20 40 -1 38

When the Buffalo Sabres decided that the price was too high for the forward, the Predators were more than happy to bring him down south.

Dumont agreed to a two-year deal Tuesday with the Predators that will pay him $2 million during the upcoming season and $2.5 million in 2007-08. The 28-year-old right winger became an unrestricted free agent when the Sabres exercised their walkaway rights after he was awarded a $2.9-million, one-year deal in arbitration earlier this month.

"This was a guy who was not on our radar when the offseason first came about," Predators general manager David Poile said. "But because he was made a free agent he became very attractive to us. The Buffalo Sabres thought they lost a really good player and a really good person."

Dumont, who made $1.596 million last season, has 121 goals and 135 assists in 434 NHL games with Chicago and Buffalo. He had 20 goals and 20 assists in 54 games last season. He brings both size, at 6-foot-1, 205 pounds, and scoring ability with four 20-goal seasons to his credit.

"I'm thinking and hoping that if he has a healthy season, he is going to hit his career highs here in Nashville," Poile said. "He has really good hands and good vision. The people we can play him with are going to also complement him."

Dumont was pursued by a number of teams, but showed the most interest in Nashville. He talked with former defenseman Joel Bouchard and goaltender Eric Fichaud, who had a brief stint with the team, and heard nothing but glowing reports about the franchise.

"Nashville is a team that has been moving forward the past few years," Dumont said. "Joel told me good things about Nashville, the town, and the organization."

Dumont's playing time was reduced last season due to a sports hernia. He bounced back in the playoffs and had seven goals and seven assists. He had a career-high 53 points (22 goals, 31 assists) during the 2003-04 season.

He joins a revamped offense that also added free-agent forwards Jason Arnott and Josef Vasicek this summer. Nashville already boasted scoring threats Paul Kariya, Steve Sullivan and Scott Hartnell.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=2565158

Dumont, Predators agree on two-year dealAssociated Press

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- The Nashville Predators never expected J.P. Dumont to be available during this offseason.

J.P. Dumont
    Right Wing
    Buffalo Sabres

2006 SEASON STATISTICS
    GM G A PTS +/- PIM
    54 20 20 40 -1 38

When the Buffalo Sabres decided that the price was too high for the forward, the Predators were more than happy to bring him down south.

Dumont agreed to a two-year deal Tuesday with the Predators that will pay him $2 million during the upcoming season and $2.5 million in 2007-08. The 28-year-old right winger became an unrestricted free agent when the Sabres exercised their walkaway rights after he was awarded a $2.9-million, one-year deal in arbitration earlier this month.

"This was a guy who was not on our radar when the offseason first came about," Predators general manager David Poile said. "But because he was made a free agent he became very attractive to us. The Buffalo Sabres thought they lost a really good player and a really good person."

Dumont, who made $1.596 million last season, has 121 goals and 135 assists in 434 NHL games with Chicago and Buffalo. He had 20 goals and 20 assists in 54 games last season. He brings both size, at 6-foot-1, 205 pounds, and scoring ability with four 20-goal seasons to his credit.

"I'm thinking and hoping that if he has a healthy season, he is going to hit his career highs here in Nashville," Poile said. "He has really good hands and good vision. The people we can play him with are going to also complement him."

Dumont was pursued by a number of teams, but showed the most interest in Nashville. He talked with former defenseman Joel Bouchard and goaltender Eric Fichaud, who had a brief stint with the team, and heard nothing but glowing reports about the franchise.

"Nashville is a team that has been moving forward the past few years," Dumont said. "Joel told me good things about Nashville, the town, and the organization."

Dumont's playing time was reduced last season due to a sports hernia. He bounced back in the playoffs and had seven goals and seven assists. He had a career-high 53 points (22 goals, 31 assists) during the 2003-04 season.

He joins a revamped offense that also added free-agent forwards Jason Arnott and Josef Vasicek this summer. Nashville already boasted scoring threats Paul Kariya, Steve Sullivan and Scott Hartnell.

Copyright 2006 by The Associated Press

He wanted to stay in Buffalo but with the cap in the "new NHL" and the cap they couldnt because they still need to sign Miller
    I'll be in the neighborhood later on, and I was wondering if maybe you wanted to get some frozen yogurt, or perhaps a whole meal of food, if that would be agreeable. Damnit.

Frank the tank
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Dumont's arbitration hearing was rediculous and it doesn't surprise me he signed for less. On the bright side Kalinin got resigned.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • BUFFALOBUFFALO Posts: 760
    great game tonight with the habs ...the refs did there best to make a Big difference in the game ...wow did they suck ...the team of last year that u can never count them out,well they havnt lost that . down 4-2 with an tying it up with 15 sec left in the third ,an eventually winning it in a shoot out ...awesome start to what should be a great season ...wooohooo
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,
    MSG 2 08, Buffalo 10, Hamilton 11

• what the hell is that thing on their jerseys?

worst logo ever. makes them old colorado rockies and mighty ducks logos look cool.
    what the hell is that thing on their jerseys?

worst logo ever. makes them old colorado rockies and mighty ducks logos look cool.

lol

Bucci @ espn.com :

2. The Buffalo Sabres' new logo is Barney Rubble's hair. Actually, it's Barney Rubble with slight bed head. The Sabres' road whites look like Flintstone Adult Pajamas that you would buy at Wal-Mart. Maybe these things will get better with repetition, like Guster's latest CD, "Ganging Up On The Sun," but I'm thinking the uniforms might be more like an MC Hammer CD and get worse.
    platessmall.jpg
    But Bucci's #4 says Ryan Miller is the best goalie in the East. Ill trade in an ugly logo for that any day.
  • MayDay10 wrote:
    But Bucci's #4 says Ryan Miller is the best goalie in the East. Ill trade in an ugly logo for that any day.

true.
    but i think brodeur might have something to say about that. oldie but a goodie.
    true.
    but i think brodeur might have something to say about that.

so will Lundqvist
    platessmall.jpg
  • Bathgate66 wrote:
    so will Lundqvist

yep.
  • FnCircusFnCircus Posts: 439
    5 and 0 after PUMMELING the Rangers..........in their old uni's no doubt.
    6 AND 0. hmmmm.......... looked like the flyers didn't even show up tonight
  • m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    this team is excellent and IMO they have the best coach in Hockey
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
    7 and 0 and the last unbeaten...........

and beating the hurricanes AGAIN no less.
    9 and 0 chasing the record ...next up the islanders ..GO SABS:)
    Buffalo 96,Barrie 98,Tampa 00,Orlando HOB 03,Buffalo 03,London 05,Hamilton 05 ,Toronto 06,

yes congrats on another victory ...not the best lookin win ,but a win is a win .... miller looked great ,he made some really great saves....10 in a row ...saturday night atlanta is in town ...looking to break the record at 11 wins ... the arena should be rockin that night ,cant wait woohoo

saturday night atlanta is in town ...looking to break the record at 11 wins ... the arena should be rockin that night ,cant wait woohoo
    hopefully they will concentrate and play their game...........is there any doubt miller will be in the net tonight?
  • From a Thrashers fan, last night was a great game. I read that it was the best matchup in terms of record in NHL history. I'd love to see these two clash in a 7 game playoff series.
    okay, being down 4-1 halfway through the 3rd and come back to win in a shootout tonight.........this team STILL hasn't lost in regulation.

i like the Oilers....but where's the LOVE for the sabres?????? damn, this team has no quit (they can play like shit for 50 minutes, but they have no quit!)
    F'n_Circus wrote:
    okay, being down 4-1 halfway through the 3rd and come back to win in a shootout tonight.........this team STILL hasn't lost in regulation.

i like the Oilers....but where's the LOVE for the sabres?????? damn, this team has no quit (they can play like shit for 50 minutes, but they have no quit!)
    they usally play better when there losing ...its weird they make a few mistakes early an go down a couple of goals ,its almost like they know there going to come back . they need something to drive them ...losing gives them a drive ... but another reason is there never healthy ,finally the team is almost healthy ...so they might play a more complete game

great victory tonight against the NASHVILLE PREDATORS ...good to see the sabs scoring agian ...as for nichol i hope hes thrown out of the freakin league ...what an asshole for the cheap shot to Spacek ...

GO SABRES !!!!!!!!!!!!

Frank the tank
    WOW the sens/ Sabres game ohhh my god what a game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this has to be the game of the year so far ....holy shit ....anyone else catch this game ... goalie fights and everything :)

WOW the sens/ Sabres game ohhh my god what a game !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    this has to be the game of the year so far ....holy shit ....anyone else catch this game ... goalie fights and everything :)
    man, those refs lost total control of that game. I have no idea what game they were watching, but you're right, that was an AWESOME GAME. and I have it DVR'd........

and Andrew Peters, he gets a goal the other day and now that fucker was goin after EVERYONE!

I just wish it was Heatley instead of Emery...............