Boston Bruins

Comments

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    BRUINS BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

SEE YOU IN MONTREAL TUESDAY NIGHT!
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Habs dominated overtime...great goaltending and a nice bounce at the end for the bruins
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    jimed14 wrote:
    Horton may have scored, but Timmy was THE fuckin' man.

Holy shit ... what a win.

Timmy had a fantastic game!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    jmurray wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    Horton may have scored, but Timmy was THE fuckin' man.

Holy shit ... what a win.

Timmy had a fantastic game!

Granted, he was aided by:
    At least one post
    Michael Ryder's glove
    Big Z's ankle

Sometimes, it is better to be lucky than good. I guarantee, Habs fans are all sorts of upset after this loss.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    I'm about as casual as you can get with the Bruins. Never been a big hockey fan. I'm the first to admit I'm a total bandwagon Bruins fan. But that game was awesome last night. I found myself excited about hockey for maybe the 2nd time ever in my life last night.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    I'm about as casual as you can get with the Bruins. Never been a big hockey fan. I'm the first to admit I'm a total bandwagon Bruins fan. But that game was awesome last night. I found myself excited about hockey for maybe the 2nd time ever in my life last night.

The sport of hockey will do that to you. :D Loved it on ESPN how they called the Ryder save like the old
    Gerry Cheeevers one of my all time favorite goalies.

BTW this series is FAR from over.

venf9fmhgnsawnxxvehf.gif..h3y62vqzbcu7br7bogzk.gif

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/5 ... SS500_.jpg

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    what a save by Timmy in OT
    post to post !
    i love this game!
    close them out in 6
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
    A win tonight would be good, can't take another game 7.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Let's Go Bruins!!!

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • I've been MIA. Hope the bruins take care of their shit tonight. 1 MORE WIN 8-)
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    the Key to Boston is getting the hab fans out of the game early. If Montreal is either tied or losing after the first period than i think Boston wins. If Montreal is leading after the first period they win.
  • fife wrote:
    the Key to Boston is getting the hab fans out of the game early. If Montreal is either tied or losing after the first period than i think Boston wins. If Montreal is leading after the first period they win.
    i disagree. the bruins dealt with the crowd fine game 3 and 4. and andy ference showed them how the bruins feel about them :lol:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    fife wrote:
    i disagree. the bruins dealt with the crowd fine game 3 and 4. and andy ference showed them how the bruins feel about them :lol:

tonight will be much louder. I have been to some habs games in the past when there was a chance for them to be kicked out of the playoffs and the fans go crazy
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    Not for nothin, but even I think the ref blew the whistle a little early. That Montreal goal should have counted. I would have been pissed if that happened to Boston.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    The officials have been less than great. Lucic should not have gotten the gate and that slashing call on Horton was horrible, but that's a Habs home game.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    ... to game 7 we go ... not surprised in the least.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    jmurray wrote:
    The officials have been less than great. Lucic should not have gotten the gate and that slashing call on Horton was horrible, but that's a Habs home game.
    :roll:
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

Let me guess you'll be outraged when Lucic doesn't get suspended. That hit was not as bad as Mike Richards hit on Connolly in the Philly series for which a got 2 minutes. The consistency is not there.

:roll: Indeed.
    jmurray wrote:
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

Let me guess you'll be outraged when Lucic doesn't get suspended. That hit was not as bad as Mike Richards hit on Connolly in the Philly series for which a got 2 minutes. The consistency is not there.

No I am not gunning for Lucic's head, but you're the one on the officiating. He isn't a repeat offender but that hit wasn't good regardless of what Mike Richards did.
    How about early whistles and Ryder diving?

Rygar wrote:
    No I am not gunning for Lucic's head, but you're the one on the officiating. He isn't a repeat offender but that hit wasn't good regardless of what Mike Richards did.
    How about early whistles and Ryder diving?

In the end, if Boston loses this series, it's their power play that's to blame not the officials.

It's priceless for a Habs fan to bring up diving I'm speechless. You know as a fan that when the ref loses sight they blow it dead, however frustrating, especially when your team put's one after the whistle, that's routine.
    jmurray wrote:
    In the end, if Boston loses this series, it's their power play that's to blame not the officials.

It's priceless for a Habs fan to bring up diving I'm speechless. You know as a fan that when the ref loses sight they blow it dead, however frustrating, especially when your team put's one after the whistle, that's routine.
    And it's even more priceless for a Bruins fan to associate diving with the Habs...that point of view hasn't had a leg since Maxim left town. Not to mention thinking the refs regularly favour Montreal...
    I'm aware of how the refs work, but it was a quick whistle as well as an incorrect one. It didn't change the game and blown calls happen all the time. I'm only pointing it out because you brought up the officiating. Just because you spent a lot of time in the box doesn't mean they weren't all valid calls.

But yes, your PP has been pretty bad. Until last night ours wasn't much better (and that was only successful because of the 5 on 3's). Take favourtism out of the equation though, and I'd be more worried about Montreal's inability to score 5 on 5 than Boston's inability to score on the PP. Maybe for Philadelphia next round it will matter more for you.
    Rygar wrote:
    jmurray wrote:

And it's even more priceless for a Bruins fan to associate diving with the Habs...that point of view hasn't had a leg since Maxim left town. Not to mention thinking the refs regularly favour Montreal...
    I'm aware of how the refs work, but it was a quick whistle as well as an incorrect one. It didn't change the game and blown calls happen all the time. I'm only pointing it out because you brought up the officiating. Just because you spent a lot of time in the box doesn't mean they weren't all valid calls.

But yes, your PP has been pretty bad. Until last night ours wasn't much better (and that was only successful because of the 5 on 3's). Take favourtism out of the equation though, and I'd be more worried about Montreal's inability to score 5 on 5 than Boston's inability to score on the PP. Maybe for Philadelphia next round it will matter more for you.

I'll be the first to give you congrats if your boys win tonight, as soon as I'm done yelling at the TV. :lol: The Caps for them if they make the next round right?

Nothing on Lucic yet. Keep an eye on Price to see if he manages another goaltender interference call tonight. ;)

If there's a PJ gig up there in Sept. should I bring the Chara Jersey? Looks like they've already closed down part of Ste-Catherine Street for tonight.
    jmurray wrote:
    I'll be the first to give you congrats if your boys win tonight, as soon as I'm done yelling at the TV. :lol: The Caps for them if they make the next round right?

Nothing on Lucic yet. Keep an eye on Price to see if he manages another goaltender interference call tonight. ;)

If there's a PJ gig up there in Sept. should I bring the Chara Jersey? Looks like they've already closed down part of Ste-Catherine Street for tonight.
    Well I don't think you can complain about refs anymore ;)

I wouldn't wear the Chara jersey to Montreal if I were you. There's always a few loonies in the crowd.
    here we go!!!!!!!!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    here we go!!!!!!!!
    I need some of your meds!!
    Rygar wrote:
    here we go!!!!!!!!
    I need some of your meds!!

i just took some :lol:
  • WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    Hells yeah!
    Damn cocktease!!

Congrats Bruins. See ya next year.
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Here we go again...
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • MFCarissaMFCarissa Posts: 494
    Did anyone else see Chara drinking a bottle of Coke on the bench? Now we know why he had dehydration problems.
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.