Options

Boston Bruins

Comments

• Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    FYI Patches concussed and broken vertebrae.
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    was a clean hit (well, interference), but no intent to hurt him, it just ended up with his head being in the wrong spot at the wrong time, it's a fast paced game. He will get suspended to make a point though which sucks.

B's also looked flat last two games, losing Z isn't going to help the cause.

It was interference, and it wasn't even close, so I fail how it was a clean hit. The NHL is becoming a joke with allowing these guys to get injured so severely with no repercussions. Unfortunately in Bettmans NHL their is little recourse.

But if Montreal has a tough guy in the AHL I'd have him available the next time they play.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    How the hell isn't chara suspended? He almost killed mp. Karma's a bitch.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876

Ouch...

"I heard (Chara) said he didn't mean to do it. I felt he did mean to do it. I would feel better if he said he made a mistake and that he was sorry for doing that, I could forgive that, but I guess he's talking about how I jumped up or something."

"I believe he was trying to guide my head into the turnbuckle. We all know where the turnbuckle is. It wasn't a head shot like a lot of head shots we see but I do feel he targeted my head into the turnbuckle."

http://www.tsn.ca/columnists/bob_mckenzie/?id=357332
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327

he didn't get suspended because the NHL is a joke. the bigger joke will be when the habs play Boston again soon. I can bet you will see a NHL leader at the game and be sure that if Montreal does anything to anyone on Boston that person will get a suspension.
  • Options
    fife wrote:

he didn't get suspended because the NHL is a joke. the bigger joke will be when the habs play Boston again soon. I can bet you will see a NHL leader at the game and be sure that if Montreal does anything to anyone on Boston that person will get a suspension.

Maybe Chara will be arrested by Montreal's police next time Boston plays the Habs...or so I read.

Wow.
    Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Maybe Chara will be arrested by Montreal's police next time Boston plays the Habs...or so I read.

Wow.

ahhh ... memories of Dino Ciccarelli ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hodb0LUALjI
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    fife wrote:

Wow.
    No he won't.
  • Options
    pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,306

Didn't MP nail someone in the back recently? - Habs didn't complain then....(Shades of Mario last month). Also why didn't the owner of the Habs come out and say they will FIX the area of where MP hit?....

Chara at most interfered - to say he went to break MP's neck is so clueless....two guys racing for puck one bigger one smaller.....Why didn't MP stop? Cause it's a fast, tough game and things happen in an instant. Anywhere else on the rink nothing happens. You want the NHL to make the twenty feet surrounding that area "no touch zone"?

By the way it's not the first time players have been checked into that area - the NHL needs to fix this at ALL rinks!

Get well soon MP.
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:

Didn't MP nail someone in the back recently? - Habs didn't complain then....(Shades of Mario last month). Also why didn't the owner of the Habs come out and say they will FIX the area of where MP hit?....

Chara at most interfered - to say he went to break MP's neck is so clueless....two guys racing for puck one bigger one smaller.....Why didn't MP stop? Cause it's a fast, tough game and things happen in an instant. Anywhere else on the rink nothing happens. You want the NHL to make the twenty feet surrounding that area "no touch zone"?

By the way it's not the first time players have been checked into that area - the NHL needs to fix this at ALL rinks!

Get well soon MP.
    Who did he nail in the back?
  • Options
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onQTLSRBXQ

Pacioretty hit on Eaton of the Islanders - Now where was the Habs owners outrage here I ask......
    If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:

Pacioretty hit on Eaton of the Islanders - Now where was the Habs owners outrage here I ask......
    Yeah that wasn't a smart play on his part.
    And since I doubt you'd even be bringing it up if it wasn't Montreal, here's one for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijH7_HC5-ls
  • Options
    Rygar wrote:
    pearljim wrote:

Yeah that wasn't a smart play on his part.
    And since I doubt you'd even be bringing it up if it wasn't Montreal, here's one for you.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijH7_HC5-ls

Forget the Montreal/Bruins angle - I love hockey and objectively looking at the Chara hit - well I said it previously. Sure there are always going to be cheap shots but Chara's wasn't one of em. Also I hate the fact that owners will scream bloody murder but look the other way regarding their own team (see Mario Lemieux).

I do wish MP a speedy recovery. Also he should watch the video before he starts talking about Chara....

And Rygar you have to admit that the NHL needs to do something with that section of ice.

Jim

Roberto Clemente.
  • Options
    pearljim wrote:
    Forget the Montreal/Bruins angle - I love hockey and objectively looking at the Chara hit - well I said it previously. Sure there are always going to be cheap shots but Chara's wasn't one of em. Also I hate the fact that owners will scream bloody murder but look the other way regarding their own team (see Mario Lemieux).

I do wish MP a speedy recovery. Also he should watch the video before he starts talking about Chara....

And Rygar you have to admit that the NHL needs to do something with that section of ice.

Jim
    All owners act the same way when it comes to their team.
    Aboslutely that section of ice needs to change.
    MP made a stupid play, but he's not a repeat offender so that shouldn't even be a factor. He's got a broken neck I think he can talk as he wants - and while I don't think it was intentional Chara did push Max' head into the divider (not intentional but still an oops).
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Rygar wrote:
    pearljim wrote:

Jim
    All owners act the same way when it comes to their team.
    Aboslutely that section of ice needs to change.
    MP made a stupid play, but he's not a repeat offender so that shouldn't even be a factor. He's got a broken neck I think he can talk as he wants - and while I don't think it was intentional Chara did push Max' head into the divider (not intentional but still an oops).

I think it was done by accident, but i think alot of suspensions people didn't mean what they did, Chara probaly should have got at least 2 games for being careless
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    game may be nasty tonight

bad idea for that Habs to come out and play that way

go bruins
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    m0jorisen wrote:
    game may be nasty tonight

bad idea for that Habs to come out and play that way

go bruins

Should be fun to watch. :D
  • Options
    fucking excellent win.

the price is wrong.. bitch! :lol:
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    The BRUINS can be a force come playoff time. Great Great win at home.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    No score, but good 1st against the Blackhawks.
  • Options
    Can clinch the division tonight!
  • Options
    2-2 after 2 against Atlanta. Hopefully, they pick it up in the 3rd.
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    Congrats for the win today!!!! :clap::clap:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    Nice start this evening 2-0 over the Rangers after 1. :D
  • Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Came home from work just in time to see the Bruins give up 3 goals in the last 5 minutes ...

:lol:

Can we just start the playoffs?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    Came home from work just in time to see the Bruins give up 3 goals in the last 5 minutes ...

:lol:

Can we just start the playoffs?

That was no fun to watch but a huge win for the Rangers.
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    Tim Thomas was a virtual vacuum cleaner the first 55 minutes of regulation,

( don't see how you guys cant win with this guy )

He had all us Ranger fans frustrated and shitting our pants.
    Especially with that stat that VS kept jamming down our throats,
    NYR never beat The Bruins after being down 3-0
    in their 85+ years of original 6 play,...

We needed that game and just think this could be the first round preview ! Imagine that !
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    jmurray wrote:
    :lol::lol:

BAD FINISH.....
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    :lol::lol:

BAD FINISH.....

Nice that they're getting these finishies out of their system in the regular season.
  • Options
    The B’s will host Montreal in Game 1 on Thursday, should be fun to watch.