Options

Boston Bruins

Comments

• Options
    milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    lukin2006 wrote:
    The bruins don't impress me.
    Tim Thomas impressed me today. But they still lost...
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • Options
    lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    milarso wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:
    Tim Thomas impressed me today. But they still lost...
    Yes he's the most impressive part, but will they exit the playoffs early again. If they actually spend the money and keep this team together, they could have a really good team going forward, with Seguin ans Marchand and a high number pick next year. I'm not a fan of Julian.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    wow the bruins looked really bad today. I have to give the leafs credit but boston looked lost. Thomas was really bad today.
  • Options
    Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,770
    lukin2006 wrote:

Along with the Lightning, the 2 scariest teams in the Eastern Conference for my boys.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13;
    Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18;
    Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22; Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Options
    Chris Kelly to the B's
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Chris Kelly to the B's

When I saw this trade, the first thing that came to mind was, "Yawn."
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    WTF!!! :shock:

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Thankfully, tonights match up is against the Isles. 3-0 in the 1st, hopefully the can hang on. :roll:
  • Options
    The Bruins are making moves like crazy.
    http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=354407
    Using up my Ovaltine... like Ovaltine.
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    big day....i like it
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    As a person who has watched many leaf games i have to say good pick. just to warn you Kaberla doesn't shoot at all. be prepared for that. now as a flyers fan, i have to say it doesn't matter what trades you will make as you will still lose :D
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    i'll miss kaberle 13 yrs with the leafs is a long time, i wish him success just not against the leafs lol.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    The bruins will be a factor come playoff time, now will they be able to get past the Flyers and the Pens is another story. Also win more at home.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    They looked pretty damn good against Calgary last night, added energy with the new guys in the fold ... big test in Vancouver this weekend.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    jimed14 wrote:
    They looked pretty damn good against Calgary last night, added energy with the new guys in the fold ... big test in Vancouver this weekend.
    Canucks will be pretty pissed after losing to Mtl last night, but they play St Louis tomorrow so maybe it'll be out of their system.
  • Options
    Nice win against Canucks last night.
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Nice win against Canucks last night.

Was a fantastic game on all fronts, they looked great. The Krejci, Lucic, Horton line is on fire.

Dominated the Oilers tonight as well, but, perhaps got tired late (2 western road games in 2 nights perhaps) and let them back in it. Still, a win.

It'll be huge if Rask can keep playing well and keep Thomas fresh. Not sure how that will work in the playoffs though.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,138
    The BRUINS must go further into playoffs this year. It's time they rise to the top.

Let's go BRUINS!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    The boys are looking to make it 7 straight tonight against the Pens.
  • Options
    Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    jmurray wrote:
    The boys are looking to make it 7 straight tonight against the Pens.

actually looking to make it eight straight. even better.
  • Options
    eddieceddiec Posts: 3,849
    I have to admit it, even though I don't want to, the Bruins are the best team in the NHL at the moment.
  • Options
    KravenKraven Posts: 829
    A win tonight puts them only 1 point behind the Flyers for the top spot in the East. This team is looking real good
    32 shows and counting...
  • Options
    Rough loss ... not just the game, but I think Big Z is gonna serve some time for that silly and ugly late hit. Not too smart there, Z.

• Options
    Kraven wrote:
    A win tonight puts them only 1 point behind the Flyers for the top spot in the East. This team is looking real good
    :)
    jimed14 wrote:
    Rough loss ... not just the game, but I think Big Z is gonna serve some time for that silly and ugly late hit. Not too smart there, Z.
    I don't think there was any intent to injure, but yeah, one or two games coming for that one I think.
    Good to get a little revenge on the scoresheet.
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    jimed14 wrote:

no match penalty was called , 5 minutes for interference ?? and a game misconduct

i don't think he should be suspended wrong place at the wrong time i saw no intent to injure
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Wiped out my boy max...texted his father this am...just a little groggy
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    m0jorisen wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

no match penalty was called , 5 minutes for interference ?? and a game misconduct

i don't think he should be suspended wrong place at the wrong time i saw no intent to injure
    Game misconduct means it'll be reviewed automatically. And a game misconduct is a match penalty isn't it (at least in the sense that the player is suspended for the rest of the game)?
    Possible intent to injure by pushing him into the divider - which personally I don't think, but it can be construed that way.
  • Options
    kenshuntkenshunt London, Ontario, Canada Posts: 2,863
    Rygar wrote:
    m0jorisen wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

Game misconduct means it'll be reviewed automatically. And a game misconduct is a match penalty isn't it (at least in the sense that the player is suspended for the rest of the game)?
    Possible intent to injure by pushing him into the divider - which personally I don't think, but it can be construed that way.
    He has a over the phone hearing which means a suspension isn't always the case, its when the face to face hearing with the league is usually a for sure suspension.
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • Options
    kenshunt wrote:
    He has a over the phone hearing which means a suspension isn't always the case, its when the face to face hearing with the league is usually a for sure suspension.
    True, but since a Chara suspension won't do any favours for the Boourns....give him 10 games!! (lol)
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    was a clean hit (well, interference), but no intent to hurt him, it just ended up with his head being in the wrong spot at the wrong time, it's a fast paced game. He will get suspended to make a point though which sucks.

B's also looked flat last two games, losing Z isn't going to help the cause.