Boston Bruins

Comments

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    they have to start calling Carcillo for bum rushing the goalie. Its all he does. the goalie covers the puck, he runs into, slashes, and/or crosschecks the goaltender.

It would suck if Thomas got hurt and the Bruins' season was ruined because that fool. You cant exactly run Philly's goalie because they are a few steps up from the Peanut Vendor as is.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    MayDay10 wrote:
    they have to start calling Carcillo for bum rushing the goalie. Its all he does. the goalie covers the puck, he runs into, slashes, and/or crosschecks the goaltender.

It would suck if Thomas got hurt and the Bruins' season was ruined because that fool. You cant exactly run Philly's goalie because they are a few steps up from the Peanut Vendor as is.

POPCORN.....CRACKERJACK
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,182
    jmurray wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    - This game isn't over
    - One game does not a series make
    - For the love of Rick Middleton, can they please score on the powerplay, just once?
    - For the love of Steve Kasper, can they please be more careful with the puck in their own zone?

For a team up 5 - 2, I'm a little too annoyed. :?

Nice game by the B's I'll take a win any way it can be gotten. ;) BTW did Rick Middleton wear #19? That's my old BEANTOWN jersey.

Peace

Pretty sure Nifty was #16.

Well you would be absolutely correct. After yesterday's game I went looking for it since I haven't worn or seen it in atleast 15 years. It's number 16 alright with the captain C which he shared with Raymond Bourque. I think I got that jersey in 1988-89 and at the time Nifty was my favorite player, I don't know where I got that #19, I don't even know who wore #19 but I do know of # 9 worn by Bruins HOFer John Bucyk.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    While guys like Dave Poulin and Rob DeMaio come to mind with #19 ... the one that immediately comes to mind is Normand Leveille, the kid who suffered a brain aneurysm during a game in his second season, after having a really promising first season.

There wasn't a dry eye in the house on this night ...

80861300-200x300.jpg

Although often forgotten about by the rest of the NHL, Leveille remains a fan favorite in Boston. When the Boston Garden was closed down in 1995, the Bruins held "A Last Hurrah" to honor the old building. NHL greats like Jean Beliveau, Rocket Richard, Stan Mikita, Bobby Orr, Cam Neely, Phil Esposito, Ray Bourque and Johnny Bucyk were all there, but it was Leveille who stole the show. He warmed the hearts of all Bruins fans when he joined the Bruins greats for one last skate around the Boston Gardens. An ecstatic Leveille donned Bruins jersey #19 and, with the help of Ray Bourque, took one last lap around the Gardens. The Gardens fans were filled with tearful emotion as they gave Normand a standing ovation.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    jimed14 wrote:
    While guys like Dave Poulin and Rob DeMaio come to mind with #19 ... the one that immediately comes to mind is Normand Leveille, the kid who suffered a brain aneurysm during a game in his second season, after having a really promising first season.

There wasn't a dry eye in the house on this night ...

80861300-200x300.jpg

Although often forgotten about by the rest of the NHL, Leveille remains a fan favorite in Boston. When the Boston Garden was closed down in 1995, the Bruins held "A Last Hurrah" to honor the old building. NHL greats like Jean Beliveau, Rocket Richard, Stan Mikita, Bobby Orr, Cam Neely, Phil Esposito, Ray Bourque and Johnny Bucyk were all there, but it was Leveille who stole the show. He warmed the hearts of all Bruins fans when he joined the Bruins greats for one last skate around the Boston Gardens. An ecstatic Leveille donned Bruins jersey #19 and, with the help of Ray Bourque, took one last lap around the Gardens. The Gardens fans were filled with tearful emotion as they gave Normand a standing ovation.

Hey J thanks for that, I'm pretty sure I saw this event at the old Boston Garden but for some reason I can't recall any fo it. See this is what age will do to ya you just can't remember squat. :D

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    No morning skate for Pronger, he may not go tonight.

Tonight is PP goal night!
    Game is exciting as all get out ... and I'm getting drunk ...

... how do I know?

... the USA prime Credit "This is Peggy" commercials are starting to crack me up.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    Success-Kid-FUCK-YEAH.jpg

• HELL YEAH! stealing 2 on the road.. heading back home. fucking sweet :D
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
    HELL YEAH! stealing 2 on the road.. heading back home. fucking sweet :D

ehhh ... home ice is overrated in hockey.

At least they have last year as every ounce of motivation not to let up.

• jimed14 wrote:
    HELL YEAH! stealing 2 on the road.. heading back home. fucking sweet :D

ehhh ... home ice is overrated in hockey.

At least they have last year as every ounce of motivation not to let up.
    very very last year.

4-0 in OT. man tim thomas was unfucking believable.

Timmy wow, great game, talk about a goalie stealing one on the road.

Maybe tomorrow will be PP goal night.
  • HERE WE GO! GAME 3!

• cat72cat72 Posts: 2,993
    great start!!!!
    cat72 wrote:
    great start!!!!

2-0! Early though.
    wow
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    I'd love to start getting excited about how good the B's look, but after last year I can't do it. Even if they win this game I can't be happy.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
  • 2 words to describe the flyers tonight:OUR BITCH!

• this is enjoyable.. very.

this is enjoyable.. very.

Only issue, my mom has as many powerplay goals as the Bruins do in this playoff season.

don't let up in the 3rd...
    Big Z on the PP!
  • POWERPLAY GOAL!!!!!!!!!

• Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    great game last night. unfortunately I think the flyers sit boucher tomorrow night. thank goodness we finally got a pp goal! even though it was a 5 on 3, still has to be a big psychological thing for the boys. we have now scored as many goals on our power play as our power play has given up :?
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,356
    2 words to describe the flyers tonight:OUR BITCH!

This whole season, actually. Good luck vs. the Lightning.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,965
    So like I said, just spotting you boys a 3 game lead. :mrgreen:

oh, here it comes, the "nope, we can't win posts" from the Flyers fans ;) ... ain't buying it this year. Series ain't over until the B's have 4 wins.

We're not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

• youngsteryoungster Posts: 6,576
    jimed14 wrote:

oh, here it comes, the "nope, we can't win posts" from the Flyers fans ;) ... ain't buying it this year. Series ain't over until the B's have 4 wins.

We're not going to fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

:lol::lol:

so true jimed.
    He who forgets will be destined to remember.

9/29/04 Boston, 6/28/08 Mansfield, 8/23/09 Chicago, 5/15/10 Hartford
    5/17/10 Boston, 10/15/13 Worcester, 10/16/13 Worcester, 10/25/13 Hartford
    8/5/16 Fenway, 8/7/16 Fenway
    EV Solo: 6/16/11 Boston, 6/18/11 Hartford,
    I would say this IF the BRUINS were down 3-0 or as they are now up 3-0.....

It Aint OVER Till It's OVER

Peace

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Good Luck against the Ning

No "Come back of Epic Proportions" this year

:(
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers