Options

Boston Bruins

Comments

• Options
    jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    The regular season Bruins showed up for game 5 unfortunately.
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    i smell a game 7.
  • Options
    Here's hoping the good Bruins show up tonight and finish this series in Philly.
  • Options
    I think they will show up tonight and finish the series off. Leighton is going to get lit up tonight

Not that I wanted to be right at this point but I said Bruins in 6 before the series started so here's to my prediction coming true
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • Options
    fifefife Posts: 3,327
    I think they will show up tonight and finish the series off. Leighton is going to get lit up tonight

Not that I wanted to be right at this point but I said Bruins in 6 before the series started so here's to my prediction coming true

there is no way, Boston wins tonight. you have a good team but have major players missing and your team is not deep enough. in a couple of years you will be very good thanks to the Leafs who gave you a great goalie and a second pick overall this year and maybe even next year.
  • Options
    g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,136
    ONE LITTLE VICTORY tonight trink39.gif
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    Hopefully Claude Julien ripped this team a new asshole after the game 5 mega-dud and we see some fire tonight. Some disciplined fire, that is.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    BsPuckGif.gif Go B's!!!!! BsPuckGif.gif

BruinsONFIRE.gif

Yes we're banged up but it's time to get this done and tonight would be fine.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Options
    Crap the Bruins are down 1-0 Need some sustained pressure.

• Options
    On the bright side, they finally scored after 2 games of nothing! :lol:

Losing Sturm in game 1 was bad, top goal scored for the year.

Losing Krejci in game 3 has been disasterous, top point getter for the year.

I got a feeling Friday is going to be a nasty one.

C'mon B's, we all want to see a showdown with the Habs!

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • Options
    Well, that was not fun to watch, very stresfull. At least if the lose Friday, I'll be in Hartford Saturday to make up for it.
  • Options
    Stone Is GodStone Is God Posts: 1,329
    jmurray wrote:
    Well, that was not fun to watch, very stresfull. At least if the lose Friday, I'll be in Hartford Saturday to make up for it.

What people around here, that are PJ fans, tend to forget is this possible epic fail cost us a PJ show as well. It just makes me ill all around. Just disappointing.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    WTF?

Bruins fans: Beer, popcorn, condoms, oh my.
    Since the advent of professional sports, Philadelphia has – fairly or unfairly – been the epicenter of black eye stories about fan conduct at games.

Look at this year’s Phillies season alone: both the idiot fan that induced vomiting on an 11-year-old girl and the 17-year-old that needed to be corralled via taser for running onto the field at Citizens Bank Park made national headlines.

On a slow news day, the taser run-in even led Jon Stewart’s “Daily Show.”

What about other cities? Is the lewd and deplorable behavior in other cities, arenas and stadiums publicized, too? Or is it just Philadelphia?

Flyers fan and CrossingBroad.com blogger Adam Gonsiewskiattended last night’s Flyers and Bruins Game 5 at TD Garden in Boston.

Full disclosure: Gonsiewski invaded Bruins territory in a Flyers jersey, specifically with Simon Gagne’s name and number on the back.

Entering foreign lands wearing the opponent’s gear, Gonsiewski said he expected to be hit with verbal abuse, taunts, and even a stray beer or two.

That’s normal, he says. To quote his blog: “Beer cups, french fries, ketchup, popcorn – that’s all expected.”

How about being hit with condoms?

Gonsiewski has photographic proof here.

Understandably, the natives were getting restless in Boston. The Bruins are on the verge of choking on a 3-0 series lead, blowing a chance to return to the Eastern Conference Finals for the first time since 1992. You know, back when Sea Bass – better known as Bruins star Cam Neely, who played Sea Bass in legendary flick "Dumb and Dumber" – and Ray Bourque still played for the B’s.

Gonsiewski also added a picture of the beer cups that littered the ice before the players could even exit the ice. Classy.

That’s all well and fine. Beers, french fries, ketchup and popcorn – Philadelphians, of all people, get that. And even expect it.

But condoms? Gonsiewski cracks that Boston fans probably "have no better use for them." But do we need to add contraceptives to the list of approved objects to throw at opposing fans and chalk it up to a society with changing morals? Where is the line drawn?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    Where did this story come from?

Philly fans SOOO want to get rid of the "worst sporting fans ever" tag, don't they?

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,831
    jimed14 wrote:

Philly fans SOOO want to get rid of the "worst sporting fans ever" tag, don't they?

I embrace it.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    jimed14 wrote:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/freq ... oh_my.html

Not trying to get rid of it just pointing out other cities have the same asshole fans
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/freq ... oh_my.html

Not trying to get rid of it just pointing out other cities have the same asshole fans

C'mon, a picture of a random comdom on the ground (which could be from anywhere) is "photographic evidence" that he had condoms thrown at him?

Also, those aren't beer cups on the ice, they are towels.

A little too much journalist freedom taken here to call this "proof".

• Options
    ok bitches, time to get your game face on.

GAME 7 ... at the GAAHHHHDIN.

Let's see if the B's can match what the C's did last night in that building and head onto to the Conference Championship ... which, for the B's, would be the first time since 1992. :shock:

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!

• Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    my good friend that lives up in boston is a huge bruins fan and told me yesterday that a lot of boston fans are starting to feel how the yankee fans felt in '04.

that made me happy to hear.

go flyers!!!!
  • Options
    my good friend that lives up in boston is a huge bruins fan and told me yesterday that a lot of boston fans are starting to feel how the yankee fans felt in '04.

that made me happy to hear.

go flyers!!!!

you know ... I don't think it's the same ... and I'm not just saying that because I'm a B's fan.

Think of what Yankees fans expect out of their team. We aren't nearly that close with this year's Bruins.

We didn't expect this much out of the Bruins, remember, they're a 6 seed, scored the second least amount of goals in the NHL this year and then, lost their top goal scorer and point getter in the first three games of this series. (Two different guys btw)

I'd have to imagine that if you polled people that are avid fans of all three teams ... if the Bruins do indeed lose tonight, this would less painful than the Pats loss to the Giants in the superbowl and the Red Sox loss in the '03 ALCS.

But, we won't need to discuss it, because, they're going to win tonight! :twisted:

(I hope)

edit - oh, if this were against the Canadiens, THAT would jack the pain up a few notches.

• Options
    I will be there to see history..... avoided

Then hopefully its on to the hated Habs in the conference finals. What a series that will be
    For every tool they lend us, a loss of independence
  • Options
    BRUINS JUMP OUT ON TOP.

HUGE!!!!

HUGE!!!!

they needed that.

• Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    jimed14 wrote:
    ok bitches, time to get your game face on.

GAME 7 ... at the GAAHHHHDIN.

Let's see if the B's can match what the C's did last night in that building and head onto to the Conference Championship ... which, for the B's, would be the first time since 1992. :shock:

LET'S GO BRUINS!!!
    "LETS GO FLYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jimed14 wrote:
    BRUINS JUMP OUT ON TOP.

HUGE!!!!

HUGE!!!!

they needed that.

great start! crowd good and loud tonight, much better than game 5.
  • Options
    Great start and they're hitting the Flyers which keeps the crowd in the game.

• Options
    Jack Edwards is gonna burst a blood vessel. "They're killing em with the power play 2-0 Bruins!"
  • Options
    jmurray wrote:
    Jack Edwards is gonna burst a blood vessel. "They're killing em with the power play 2-0 Bruins!"

LOVING IT!!!!

• Options
    LUCIC common001.gif 2-0

• Options
    TWO shots at 3 - 0 ... SOOO CLOSE!!!

• Options
    LUCIC!!!!