Boston Bruins

Comments

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    WTF happened, I go to pick up goodies for tomorrows road trip and all hell breaks loose!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    The Fixer wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    it's a big choke job, but no way is it NEAR the sox v yanks.

I don't know how you can say that. Like I said, the yanks never led in game 7. That Sox/Yanks game 7 was over in the first inning. the bruins were up 3-0 in game 7!! That's like a 9 run lead in baseball.

Anyway, it was a great series between two average hockey teams. I'm not trying to pour salt in your wounds...tough loss. You guys still have hoops to fall back on. I don't feel bad for you though...boston has had too much sports success this decade. Nice to know philly still has one sport up on you guys

You said it in your post ... two average hockey teams, there was NOTHING average about the 2004 Yankees. People expected more out of that team ... beleive me ... in a few months, people won't really remember this, but EVERYONE will remember the 2004 ALCS.

Again, it was a choke job, no doubt ... but, imagine the Yankees losing Jeter and Matsui heading into game 7 of 2004 (I won't even say A-Rod because the Bruins had NO one on their roster that was that good), then what would people be saying?
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Boston fans sure do what to put there head in the sand over this one.

oh well, we wern't suppose to make the playoffs

oh well, we wern't suppose to beat buffalo

oh well, it's just anouther game, no big deal.

i bet the papers have something diffeernt to say tommorrow.

at the end of the day tho, the next time a team is down 3 nothin in a series, you will be reminded about tonight. next team a team is down big in a game 7, the coach can say, remember that Philly Boston series from 2010 and the Flyers were down 3-0 mid way thru the 1st...well, they didn't quit, they kept fighting and won the game.

as much as you wan't to say this game, this series doesn't matter, just remember, people are going to be talking about it for years to come.

ok, now you can close up this thread for the year and i'll head back over to the Flyers thread. :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,953
    jimed14 wrote:
    g under p wrote:
    I'm over it already because I never thought the Bruins would be in the position to be even able to choke like this as some say.

This is exactly what I mean, we didn't expect this from the Bruins.

:lol:

Whatever helps you sleep at night.... :mrgreen:
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    over it already !!!!!!!! are you serious?

get outta here you're not a diehard fan
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    jimed14 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    it's a big choke job, but no way is it NEAR the sox v yanks.

I don't know how you can say that. Like I said, the yanks never led in game 7. That Sox/Yanks game 7 was over in the first inning. the bruins were up 3-0 in game 7!! That's like a 9 run lead in baseball.

Anyway, it was a great series between two average hockey teams. I'm not trying to pour salt in your wounds...tough loss. You guys still have hoops to fall back on. I don't feel bad for you though...boston has had too much sports success this decade. Nice to know philly still has one sport up on you guys

You said it in your post ... two average hockey teams, there was NOTHING average about the 2004 Yankees. People expected more out of that team ... beleive me ... in a few months, people won't really remember this, but EVERYONE will remember the 2004 ALCS.

Again, it was a choke job, no doubt ... but, imagine the Yankees losing Jeter and Matsui heading into game 7 of 2004 (I won't even say A-Rod because the Bruins had NO one on their roster that was that good), then what would people be saying?

I see what you're saying. I don't necessarily agree, but I got you. the bruins were still favored and the flyers were also without carter for most of the series too.

and there is no way in hell that arod is better than jeter
    81 wrote:

at the end of the day tho, the next time a team is down 3 nothin in a series, you will be reminded about tonight. next team a team is down big in a game 7, the coach can say, remember that Philly Boston series from 2010 and the Flyers were down 3-0 mid way thru the 1st...well, they didn't quit, they kept fighting and won the game.

as much as you wan't to say this game, this series doesn't matter, just remember, people are going to be talking about it for years to come.

ok, now you can close up this thread for the year and i'll head back over to the Flyers thread. :mrgreen:

OUCH!!

I like it
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    81 wrote:

Nicely put

Im not gonna rub it in but to say it wont be a big deal for years and years in Boston is ridiculous
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
    One last time. This is a big gag job, I never denied that.

But seriously, how much is a #6 seed really favored over a #7 seed.

And again ... they lost 2 key players in the first 3 games.

It sucks ... no doubt, I could never deny that ... but you really don't understand the differnce between cheering for the Bruins vs cheering for the Red Sox if you think there's any equivilence between this and 2003/2004.

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
    edited May 2010
    jimed14 wrote:

It sucks ... no doubt, I could never deny that ... but you really don't understand the differnce between cheering for the Bruins vs cheering for the Red Sox if you think there's any equivilence between this and 2003/2004.

you're on the other side of the fence this time. I'm sure yankee fans were singing the same tune as bruins fans back in 2004

but you're right...not like it was a monumental upset, just an epic choke job
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,178
    81 wrote:

Sorry this thread will never be closed it's just THE BOSTON BRUINS. So it'll be here next year when the team will battle for the Cup once again.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

and Philly was without there number one goal scorer from the regular season (carter). Gags missed three games. they went thru 3 goalies. plus a top penalty killer was out for the entire series. please stop with the injury excuse
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    g under p wrote:

Sorry this thread will never be closed it's just THE BOSTON BRUINS. So it'll be here next year when the team will battle for the Cup once again.

Peace

so the stench of tonights performance will live in perpetuity. excellent
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    The Fixer wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

you're on the other side of the fence this time. I'm sure yankee fans were singing the same tune as bruins fans back in 2004

but you're right...not like it was a monumental upset, just an epic choke job

Like it's been said not even close, this series wasn't even to get into the Cup. Enjoy your victory and beat the Habs, you've been CONGRATULATED.

peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

The Fixer wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

But ... The Yankees were the favorites of baseball ... they owend the Sox for decades ... and they crushed the Sox JUST THE PREVIOUS YEAR. The Sox hadn't won in 86 years.

The Bruins ... this team ... most people probably didn't follow them until they made the playoffs which was what, a week before the payoffs started? And it's not like they lost to the Canadiens ... it was the Flyers.

Seriously, you don't see the difference?

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    THIS IS TO FUNNY :mrgreen:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    81 wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

so the stench of tonights performance will live in perpetuity. excellent

....And that's fine because what the Bruins did this year was a bonus towards the future. The future for this team is bright and so will the posting right here next year. Beat the Habs!

peace

the bruins and yankee's are both in catagory that only has 4 teams. you can agure which of the 4 failures is the worst, but at the end of the day...you are still talking about the 4 worst collapses of all time.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Pats54Pats54 Posts: 276
    Problem is this happens to the B's year in and year out. Last year they had the best record in the conference and lost in the 2nd round to a team they should have beaten. In 2004 they had a 3-1 lead over Montreal and ended up blowing that series. That was the legendary series with Kyle Mclaren beheading of Zednik. Can't the B's find a goalie who can stand on his head ala Halak. Rask really sucked in this series just roof everything and he is very average. They say he is the future I think that was said about Andrew Raycroft and Blain Lacher. This organization just don't have it whatever it is. Too many men are you fucking kidding me. Nice job claude lets roll 4 lines in the 3rd when you need a goal. When the celts go into a big game like last night, for the most part you know they are going to win. There is an aura of confidence about them. The B's have none of that and never will. At least we B's fans don't have to worry about the pink hats taking over the Garden. I am way too pissed off.
    Hey like I've been saying all Playoffs....It could be worse

You could be a CAPS FAN!!!

:rim shot:

81 wrote:
    the bruins and yankee's are both in catagory that only has 4 teams. you can agure which of the 4 failures is the worst, but at the end of the day...you are still talking about the 4 worst collapses of all time.

AGREED!!! I never said anything different.

However, the Red Sox ended up winning the World Series, their first in 86 years, and they went through their hated rival in an amazing fasion to do so.

The Flyers haven't won a trophy ..... yet. If they end up winning it all .. they way thay made it into the playoffs on a shoot out, and beat the bruins, and whatever else is to come ... will be one of the gretest stories ever.

But, before tonight ... could you name the other two teams that were up 3 - 0 and lost? Probably not .. but, I'm sure you could remember the Sox beating the Yanks in 04.

jimed14 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:

But ... The Yankees were the favorites of baseball ... they owend the Sox for decades ... and they crushed the Sox JUST THE PREVIOUS YEAR. The Sox hadn't won in 86 years.

The Bruins ... this team ... most people probably didn't follow them until they made the playoffs which was what, a week before the payoffs started? And it's not like they lost to the Canadiens ... it was the Flyers.

Seriously, you don't see the difference?

I hear ya. honestly I don't really feel like debating this. I think the B's choke job is right there with the yanks of '04. The flyers aren't the B's archrival...I get that. but it's still the playoffs. and they just blew a lead that only 3 teams in pro sports have ever blown. and they were up 3 in the deciding game.

any way you slice it this is one of the biggest chokes in US sports history. you can rank the yanks ahead if you want, but it's a case of 1 and 1A
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    At least the yanks have 27 reasons to forget that 04 shit, stuff like that will happen when ur in the postseason every year

the B's have that Bobby Orr clip :)

Great point. I am just too pissed right now.

waht ever happpened to StevieG :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Pats54 wrote:

I hear ya dude

I would be slitting my fuckin wrists if the Flyers did this

CROJAM95 wrote:

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

waht ever happpened to StevieG :lol:

He's behind the woodshed and wont come back out !!

Ready for it....

"He's In Hiding........."

CROJAM95 wrote:
    At least the yanks have 27 reasons to forget that 04 shit, stuff like that will happen when ur in the postseason every year

and Statue

Sorry had to

Pats54 wrote:

I hear ya dude

I would be slitting my fuckin wrists if the Flyers did this
    This was bad it just happens too much. I guess its better this way as the Canadians would have beaten the Bruins anyway. They don't match up well and ahndled the B's all year. Hopefully the flyers can beat the Canadians. Halak has been fuckin nasty in the playoffs. I hope Hartnell or Richards nail that little prick Camallari. I would love to see Flyers and Hawks for the cup.