Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• ThumbingMyWay32ThumbingMyWay32 Posts: 1,224
    Blah blah blah... :rolleyes:

You just seem to keep missing the point, this is the EDMONTON OILERS thread.

GO OILERS!

Nah, I think you just seem to keep replying... :)

tee hee hee
    "Sarcasm: intellect on the offensive"

"What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact."

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    fuuuuuuuucking a

LETS GO OILERS LETS GO OILERS
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    That was a heartbreaker :(

I would like to think that the Oilers could win the next game but this seems rather unsurmountable. They came so much farther than anyone thought they would. Keep going, guys!!!

A very classy group of fans there in Edmonton. :)

GO OILERS!!! make history.
    hmmmm...

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
    That was a heartbreaker :(

I would like to think that the Oilers could win the next game but this seems rather unsurmountable. They came so much farther than anyone thought they would. Keep going, guys!!!

A very classy group of fans there in Edmonton. :)

GO OILERS!!! make history.

Yeah, I guess you're right.

Anyway, here's to the Oilers...

http://bands.army.mil/music/bugle/calls/taps.mp3

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • prljamgirlprljamgirl Posts: 602

You are NOT funny, you are NOT cute. Keep this shit in your Carolina Hurricanes thread. No one here wants to read posts like this. I don't understand what your damn problem is, but it is NOT FUNNY. I'm so sick of you and the shit you post in here. You're not welcome in this thread if this is what you're going to post. Everyone in here had tried to be nice about it, suggesting you make a Hurricanes thread....but I've had it with you. I hope you're satisfied......you've made it so that I don't even want to read this thread anymore. Thanks a lot.

How are things up there on the high road? :rolleyes: You couldn't just let it go, could you? I guess in your small world trolling on the internet is how you get your kicks. Well good for you, I can remember how boring junior high can be and it always helps to have a hobby to pass the time.

Taps? How original!

Piss off already. Keep all your Canes stuff on your own thread. I don't know why you insist on coming here to this thread. I guess your reading and comprehension skills are on par with your tact.

GO OILERS!!! :D
    prljamgirl wrote:
    You are NOT funny, you are NOT cute. Keep this shit in your Carolina Hurricanes thread. No one here wants to read posts like this. I don't understand what your damn problem is, but it is NOT FUNNY. I'm so sick of you and the shit you post in here. You're not welcome in this thread if this is what you're going to post. Everyone in here had tried to be nice about it, suggesting you make a Hurricanes thread....but I've had it with you. I hope you're satisfied......you've made it so that I don't even want to read this thread anymore. Thanks a lot.

Hey prljamgirl,

This is our thread not his(well actually it is Cree's but you know what I mean ;) ). Don't let him get to you. It was a shitty game for us tonight but I thought the fans showed a lot of heart to be cheering as the Oilers left the ice. As I previously said it seems unsurmountable right now but as I also said the Oilers could really make history here if they are able to come back. The Oilers made it to the finals which is a pretty big thing for a team that had to fight for last place to even make the play-offs. Just add this 'gentleman' to your ignore list like I did :). Some people just don't have anything better to do.

stb
  • freeonefreeone Posts: 24
    You still have that red pot leaf on your flag canadians. Dont be so down and out, its just a hockey match. This should start to tell you guys that maybe you need to start investing in DirecTV so you can get a real sport in the NFL.

And you still have the Calgary Stampede to look forward to.

USA USA USA USA USA USA!!!
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    freeone wrote:
    You still have that red pot leaf on your flag canadians. Dont be so down and out, its just a hockey match. This should start to tell you guys that maybe you need to start investing in DirecTV so you can get a real sport in the NFL.

First of all, I have no idea why you keep visiting this thread, you are clearly not an Oiler fan and your negativity is not appreciated. Just so you know, we have a lot of big NFL fans here (me being one of them), we also have a football league here, which is mostly smaller or second rate football players but I still find very entertaining. Just because we live in Canada does not mean we don't still like football. It's a hockey GAME, not a match and a MAPLE LEAF, not a pot leaf.

Secondly, not everyone in Canada can go, or would like to go to Calgary Stampede, kind of a big country up here.

Lastly, I'm glad you are partiotic, as am I but I think we'd all be better off by focussing on the things that are good about both of our countries instead of why one country is better than the other. I think we both understand that Edmonton vs Carolina is not Canada vs USA, there are players from both countries on both teams.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
    MCG wrote:
    First of all, I have no idea why you keep visiting this thread, you are clearly not an Oiler fan and your negativity is not appreciated. Just so you know, we have a lot of big NFL fans here (me being one of them), we also have a football league here, which is mostly smaller or second rate football players but I still find very entertaining. Just because we live in Canada does not mean we don't still like football. It's a hockey GAME, not a match and a MAPLE LEAF, not a pot leaf.

Secondly, not everyone in Canada can go, or would like to go to Calgary Stampede, kind of a big country up here.

Lastly, I'm glad you are partiotic, as am I but I think we'd all be better off by focussing on the things that are good about both of our countries instead of why one country is better than the other. I think we both understand that Edmonton vs Carolina is not Canada vs USA, there are players from both countries on both teams.

There's even a guy from Switzerland playing for the cup. Lets all give it up for the Swiss!

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    freeone wrote:

NFL is just a bunch of tight wearing fat guys..( i know not all of them but at least 75 dudes on the team are.) who think that showboating after 1 tackle is made is cool, and there a more breaks in play than Bush's IQ. And why such big pads are they soft????
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
    freeone wrote:

LOL. You are a real pip :rolleyes:

This isn't the Olympics so I am not sure why you keep repeating USA?? :confused: You are obviously a proud American and that is great, I am a very proud Canadian. This has nothing to do with which country is better and really in this case better is probably just a matter of opinion. :)

This thread is in celebration of the Oilers, so you have nothing to contribute(which you obviously don't), just stop coming around. I am not even sure why people read a thread they aren't interested in. If there were a thread about NASCAR I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole.

what the heck,

GO OILERS! :D
  • wednesday night...must win for the oilers!

LET'S GO OILERS! :D
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Heartbreaker last night.
    I still have faith.
    Oil in seven.
    :)
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    Heartbreaker last night.
    I still have faith.
    Oil in seven.
    :)

I still have faith too :) People keep telling me they are finished and I keep saying no they are not. I have believed in them all along and I am not about to stop now.

GO OILERS!
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 535
    very disappointed with the oilers right now. it ain't over till it's over, but it's looking grim. i hope they can pull it out of their ass and win the cup. much rather see a canadian team win it than another (new) southern team.

by the way, the red wings would have swept the fuck out of the 'canes :p
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    moeaholic wrote:
    very disappointed with the oilers right now. it ain't over till it's over, but it's looking grim. i hope they can pull it out of their ass and win the cup. much rather see a canadian team win it than another (new) southern team.

by the way, the red wings would have swept the fuck out of the 'canes :p

would of.. but can't ,because the Oilers swept the fuck out the Red Wings. ;)
    Earthgirl wrote:
    would of.. but can't ,because the Oilers swept the fuck out the Red Wings. ;)

lol, i know, i know. just wanted to make sure it was clear i'm a wings fan, but cheering for the oilers.
    ~Michael Bolton
  • Lost_ClayLost_Clay Posts: 1,085
    they'll be back in oil country for game 6 saturday & back to raleigh for game 7
    "ah fuck it get in trouble"

06/29/03 09/22/05 09/24/05 09/25/05 05/09/06 05/10/06
    Whoa! Is it a weekend in Canada or is the bud just that good??

Hit it and pass please...

By the way, to the Wings fan....... You couldn't beat a lowly 8 seed with hockey sticks... Don't think those golf clubs are a viable substitute. Stevey Y's 74 years old and Brett Hull isn't a Wing anymore (Cheers to Ronnie Franchise!). Just dry your eyes and move along. :)

I was actually rooting for the Oilers hard that series. Just so everyone knows where my priorities are.

Actually on top of that... I take back everything bad I've ever said about the Oilers now that there's been a Red Wing sighting. Albeight somewhere near the 17th green... You guys should be finishing up right about now.

I hate the Red Wings.. Go Oilers....... (I just swallowed a lot a pride)

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Oh please
    God,
    Goddess,
    Buddah,
    Shivah,
    Ganesh,
    Anyone?

Help our Oilers win.
    Jussi cant score goals for the rest of the team.
    And no matter how loud we cheer we cant do it for them either.

Im going with the new chant...

Just give er' Oilers!
    Just give er'!
    Just give er' Oilers!
    Just give er'!

:D:D:D:D:D:D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
    genevieve wrote:
    Oh please
    God,
    Goddess,
    Buddah,
    Shivah,
    Ganesh,
    Anyone?

Help our Oilers win.

Just give er' Oilers!
    Just give er'!
    Just give er' Oilers!
    Just give er'!

Ok it is game day and do or die for the Oilers. C'mon Oilers stop that Cup from being handed out tonight!!! Whatever it takes.

GO OILERS!!! :D:D:D
  • few hours until game time...just one win to bring it back to edmonton! :)
    the oil will be on fire tonight!!!

GO OILERS!!! :D
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,152
    genevieve wrote:
    Oh please
    God,
    Goddess,
    Buddah,
    Shivah,
    Ganesh,
    Anyone?

Help our Oilers win.

Just give er' Oilers!
    Just give er'!
    Just give er' Oilers!
    Just give er'!

Pray to the Power Play Gods......Here a quick one "Pronger shoots, rebound Horcoff scores" and repeat.

Go Oil Go!!!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • Hawkshore wrote:
    Pray to the Power Play Gods......Here a quick one "Pronger shoots, rebound Horcoff scores" and repeat.

Go Oil Go!!!

that quote sounds nice! the power play can only get better :)
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Hawkshore wrote:

Go Oil Go!!!

I like it, let's go Oil, come on boys we need you. Carolinians dont even really care about the cup, WE DO. It's been far to long that you have been gone.
    why not us?
    why not us?
    why not us?
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
    Whoa! Is it a weekend in Canada or is the bud just that good??

Hit it and pass please...

By the way, to the Wings fan....... You couldn't beat a lowly 8 seed with hockey sticks... Don't think those golf clubs are a viable substitute. Stevey Y's 74 years old and Brett Hull isn't a Wing anymore (Cheers to Ronnie Franchise!). Just dry your eyes and move along. :)

I was actually rooting for the Oilers hard that series. Just so everyone knows where my priorities are.

Actually on top of that... I take back everything bad I've ever said about the Oilers now that there's been a Red Wing sighting. Albeight somewhere near the 17th green... You guys should be finishing up right about now.

I hate the Red Wings.. Go Oilers....... (I just swallowed a lot a pride)

my eyes were never wet. good on you for disliking the wings. wouldn't want a fan like you in our base anyways.
    ~Michael Bolton
  • genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    I would also go for a " Pronger shoots...rebound...Smitty scores!!!"
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
    moeaholic wrote:
    my eyes were never wet. good on you for disliking the wings. wouldn't want a fan like you in our base anyways.

Don't ever, ever worry about that...

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08