Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    Earthgirl wrote:
    :( . I don't know what to say, that kind of hurt my feelings.. that last comment.

I feel like an ass now.

Don't feel like an ass....you could have had all the statistics 100% right and ThumbingMyWay32 would still have found a way to make you feel shitty about it. Seems to like being the thorn in everyones side in this thread.
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Don't feel like an ass....you could have had all the statistics 100% right and ThumbingMyWay32 would still have found a way to make you feel shitty about it. Seems to like being the thorn in everyones side in this thread.

aww.. thanks that made me feel better. :) Oiler fans rule, dont we.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    aww.. thanks that made me feel better. :) Oiler fans rule, dont we.

We do rule!!!!!! And so do our Oilers!!!!
    Whether they win the cup or not, they overcame a lot to be where they are at right now and NO ONE thought they would be there!! I'm proud of them regardless!!
    That said, I still have total faith in those boys to turn this around! Everyone watch out on Saturday!!!!!
  • Options
    saturday night in edmonton....hockey night in canada...should be rockin!!!

GO OILERS!!! :D
  • Options
    Sugar RaySugar Ray Posts: 56
    What's been really strange in all of this is that even though I am a canes fan, I have spent more time tryin gto convince OIler fans that the series isn't over yet.

There has been a lot of gloom and doom from the fans around here... no they haven't completely given up on the team but they aren't very hopeful either. Shoot I even reminded them about the 2-0 defecit against San Jose and even THAT isn't enough to cheer em up.

Clearly the Oilers have not played the hockey they are capable of yet in this series... something that is bound to be remedied nicely once Rexall gets to rockin'.

At best I am hoping for a Canes split of the 2 games in Edmonton but there is no friggen way the Canes are sweeping... I love my boys and would LOVE to see it... but I am a realist as well... The Oilers have WAY too much pride to let that happen.

Cheers,

R3
    ...can't touch the bottom....
  • Options
    ThumbingMyWay32ThumbingMyWay32 Posts: 1,226
    Earthgirl wrote:
    :( . I don't know what to say, that kind of hurt my feelings.. that last comment.

I feel like an ass now.

I wonder how he felt...
    "Sarcasm: intellect on the offensive"

"What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact."

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    ThumbingMyWay32ThumbingMyWay32 Posts: 1,226
    Sugar Ray wrote:
    What's been really strange in all of this is that even though I am a canes fan, I have spent more time tryin gto convince OIler fans that the series isn't over yet.

There has been a lot of gloom and doom from the fans around here... no they haven't completely given up on the team but they aren't very hopeful either. Shoot I even reminded them about the 2-0 defecit against San Jose and even THAT isn't enough to cheer em up.

Clearly the Oilers have not played the hockey they are capable of yet in this series... something that is bound to be remedied nicely once Rexall gets to rockin'.

At best I am hoping for a Canes split of the 2 games in Edmonton but there is no friggen way the Canes are sweeping... I love my boys and would LOVE to see it... but I am a realist as well... The Oilers have WAY too much pride to let that happen.

Cheers,

R3

I see a split as well.. Hopefully they can win it in Raleigh.

But for the last 4 periods, the Oilers have looked like the team that struggled to get the 8 seed in the West, instead of the team that steamrolled into the finals.

Kinda reminds me of the Canes in '02... :(
    "Sarcasm: intellect on the offensive"

"What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact."

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    freeonefreeone Posts: 24
    Viewers to the NHL stanley tea cup game 1 - 600,000 (national televised)

Viewers to the Womens softball championship game - 900,000 (ESPN)

Canadiens having to realize that there national sport is inferior to womens softball and pretty much just plane sucks - PRICELESS!!!!
  • Options
    Lets Go OILERS Lets Go !!
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    freeone wrote:

Canadiens having to realize that there national sport is inferior to womens softball and pretty much just plane sucks - PRICELESS!!!!

We are actually Canadians unless you are spelling it in French or referring to a Montreal Canadien hockey player :)

Those must be American stats as there are probably far more Canadians watching the Stanley Cup finals than 600,000. Also, there were probably about ten Canadians watching the women's softball championship.

Please this thread is to celebrate the Oilers, can you go troll somewhere else? Perhaps your time would be better spent learning grammar and spelling :)

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    I'm SO tired of the jerks that keep posting in this thread.....seriously, this thread is for OILER FANS to celebrate the Oilers. How many times does it have to be said? There is a Carolina Hurricanes thread for you to discuss how wonderful Cam Ward is and how many games it's going to take your team to win and so on and so on. And we haven't been in there making negative comments about your team............So please, have some respect.
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    We better win tomorrow.

wait...

we WILL win tomorrow.
    :D
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    We better win tomorrow.

wait...

we WILL win tomorrow.
    :D

YES..........WE WILL!!!!!!!! GO OILERS!!!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    The Waiting Trophy ManThe Waiting Trophy Man Niagara region, Ontario, Canada Posts: 12,158
    i think we may get some OT tomorrow night. low scoring game. oilers on top.
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    Game day, folks. People said the Oilers would never get this far and look at them now :p Funnily enough last night on the CBC they were playing the HNIC Classic games and they aired game seven of the finals of the 1987 series of the Flyers vs Oilers. They talked about how the Oilers had battled the flu two weeks before that series. Seemed rather apt.

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!! :D:D
  • Options
    NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    Good luck in Game 3 tonight guys. I have a feeling you'll get your first W tonight. As a Canes fan Im just hoping for a split. It'll be tough. There is no way the Oil step on the ice in front of their home crowd and play like they did in Game 2.
    Brian
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    freeone wrote:

That must be American viewers because there are far more Canadians watching that alone. So all that says to me is Americans prefer watching Womens softball to hockey, which to me says either your women are in control of the remote controls or you're just not quite bright enough to follow how fast the games move, which is why you prefer baseball (a 4 hour snooze fest at best) or football (which is a good game, but it has to make it easy for you to follow by having 40 second stoppages after every 10 seconds of play). Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, if you call that inferior overpriced garbage weed.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    freeonefreeone Posts: 24
    Speaking of weed I think your brain fried if you even compare NFL to that shit called hockey. Dont you ever, ever even put that shit in the same sentence as the NFL. Instead of wasting all your looneys and tooneys (just because of that you can never make fun of anything american, your money is named after cartoons) on hockey, why dont you guys start fixing your roads up there. I have been to canada several times, your country is so far undeveloped compared to the U.S., Im surprised you even know how to operate a cpu. I'll put myself and everyone else who knows how shitty hockey is against you and your moose-humpin buddies who like hockey. WE WIN! the 10 of you guys against the millions and millions of intelligents who shake their heads at that ridiculous activity (its not even a sport).
    MCG wrote:
    That must be American viewers because there are far more Canadians watching that alone. So all that says to me is Americans prefer watching Womens softball to hockey, which to me says either your women are in control of the remote controls or you're just not quite bright enough to follow how fast the games move, which is why you prefer baseball (a 4 hour snooze fest at best) or football (which is a good game, but it has to make it easy for you to follow by having 40 second stoppages after every 10 seconds of play). Stick that in your pipe and smoke it, if you call that inferior overpriced garbage weed.
  • Options
    kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    freeone wrote:
    Speaking of weed I think your brain fried if you even compare NFL to that shit called hockey. Dont you ever, ever even put that shit in the same sentence as hockey. Instead of wasting all your looneys and tooneys (just because of that you can never make fun of anything american, your money is named after cartoons) on hockey, why dont you guys start fixing your roads up there. I have been to canada several times, your country is so far undeveloped compared to the U.S., Im surprised you even know how to operate a cpu. I'll put myself and everyone else who knows how shitty hockey is against you and your moose-humpin buddies who like hockey. WE WIN! the 10 of you guys against the millions and millions of intelligents who shake their heads at that ridiculous activity (its not even a sport).

don't be a hockey terrorist... this is not nice.
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • Options
    freeone wrote:
    Speaking of weed I think your brain fried if you even compare NFL to that shit called hockey. Dont you ever, ever even put that shit in the same sentence as the NFL. Instead of wasting all your looneys and tooneys (just because of that you can never make fun of anything american, your money is named after cartoons) on hockey, why dont you guys start fixing your roads up there. I have been to canada several times, your country is so far undeveloped compared to the U.S., Im surprised you even know how to operate a cpu. I'll put myself and everyone else who knows how shitty hockey is against you and your moose-humpin buddies who like hockey. WE WIN! the 10 of you guys against the millions and millions of intelligents who shake their heads at that ridiculous activity (its not even a sport).

why are you posting on a hockey thread if you hate it so much?? That's just plain weird. And our dollar is named after a beautiful bird called the Loon.
    I think your mommy is calling you for supper,.. dont you have some homework to do?
  • Options
    how do we get freeone banned.?
  • Options
    Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    freeone wrote:

Loonies*

Twoonies*

Get it right asshat.
    Cock Fight.
  • Options
    Tek Money wrote:
    Loonies*

Twoonies*

Get it right asshat.

:) good one.
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    freeone wrote:
    american idiot. your the reason why people hate the us. anytime you wanna fight just tell me where. GO OILERS GO
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    Go Oilers !!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    OILERS!!!!

Lets go boys, lets git er done.....GIT ER DOOOOONNNNEE.

ps. freeone, please dont post in this thread again, you're an asshole. If you want to start another thread for assholes specifically, please post there. Hell, I will post there cause I can be an asshole too.

ps II oil
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    class act in edmonton, as the crowd sings both anthems...o canada by themselves of course! :)

GO OILERS!!! Edmonton is going nuts!!! :D
  • Options
    Gary CarterGary Carter Shea Stadium Posts: 13,940
    wow what amazing crowd that was not only sing the candian national athem but singing the amercian national athem as well. well done oilers fans

GO OILERS GO
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Options
    1-0 Edmonton!!!
  • Options
    CServantCServant DCO Posts: 1,182
    1-0 Edmonton!!!

So far so good...
    Just remember that 3rd period when the Canes have been known to excel, see Game 1. GO OIL!
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain