Options

Edmonton Oilers

Comments

• Options
    orig_long redorig_long red Posts: 2,029
    i love canadiens....you guys are the best....go oilers!!!!
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    I guess Juicy is going to be playing between the pipes for the rest of the playoffs.

LETS GO JUICY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    Jam-fanJam-fan Posts: 70
    shoulda went with Conklin, but hey, herewego oilers herewego!
  • Options
    markkanen's last start...99 days ago...an omen, perhaps?!?! :)

...it was cool to hear some fans singing o canada...:)
  • Options
    KricketKricket Posts: 707
    Come on.... GO OILERS!!!!
  • Options
    small town becksmall town beck Posts: 6,691
    markkanen's last start...99 days ago...an omen, perhaps?!?! :)

...it was cool to hear some fans singing o canada...:)

I was thinking the same thing about 99 days ;)

GO OILERS!
  • Options
    In2DeepIn2Deep Posts: 496
    Even though Colorado AVs are my team, I'm definitely rooting for the Oilers in the cup!
  • Options
    ThumbingMyWay32ThumbingMyWay32 Posts: 1,226
    :p
    "Sarcasm: intellect on the offensive"

"What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact."

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    prljamgirlprljamgirl Edmonton, AB Posts: 602
    :p

You are being a complete jerk......

Why do something like that???
  • Options
    EarthgirlEarthgirl Posts: 695
    Just remember people.. remember what happened with the Sharks! we were down 2 games and came back with a vengence. Screaming for Vengence!!! we play good under pressure.. it's not over until the fat lady sings.
    GO OILERS GO !!!!
    just because they lost.. I can't believe noone is still supporting them and posting.. come on people!! have faith. believe.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    Just remember people.. remember what happened with the Sharks! we were down 2 games and came back with a vengence. Screaming for Vengence!!! we play good under pressure.. it's not over until the fat lady sings.
    GO OILERS GO !!!!
    just because they lost.. I can't believe noone is still supporting them and posting.. come on people!! have faith. believe.

Hey Earthgirl....I would've been here posting during/after the game but my sister and dad were hogging the computer!!!!!!! I'm not at home where I don't have to wait my turn!! Haha!!!!!
    I'm still supporting and behind my....no, OUR Oilers!!! I won't give up until the bitter end. If nothing else I am stubborn and loyal!!! You're so right about the Sharks......we were down two games in that series and it turned around at home!! Our boys need their fans right now and Saturday night in Edmonton everything is going to change!!!! :D And I will probably have no voice at the end of it!!!!!!! At least I'm not planning on it!
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    Damn.

I thought for sure we would kick some ass tonight cause we usually play
    really good when the chips are down. But we looked sad and played sad.
    Rolly isnt the whole team boys. Pick up your feet and help out Jussi and Ty!
    They cant go and score goals for you.

Well get them next time...

next time...

*cackles like Dr. Claw*
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    freeonefreeone Posts: 24
    I dont know shit about hockey, dont care to. I know enough to know however that if your starting goalie is out for the series, you aint winning it.

Get use to the fact that stanleys tea-cup is staying in the U.S. Hopefully they'll melt it down and make a new WWE title belt out of it. Or they could make a Nascar trophy or better yet a soccer medal. I put those activities ahead of hockey. Im glad however the U.S. will once again beat Canada.

You still have the pleasure of watching Ricky Williams play for your Argonauts.
    Earthgirl wrote:
    GO OILERS GO !!!!
  • Options
    genevievegenevieve Posts: 1,203
    freeone wrote:
    I dont know shit about hockey, dont care to. I know enough to know however that if your starting goalie is out for the series, you aint winning it.

Get use to the fact that stanleys tea-cup is staying in the U.S. Hopefully they'll melt it down and make a new WWE title belt out of it. Or they could make a Nascar trophy or better yet a soccer medal. I put those activities ahead of hockey. Im glad however the U.S. will once again beat Canada.

Why are you posting here?
    the person below me smells like cat pee and raisins...
  • Options
    genevieve wrote:
    Why are you posting here?

I was wondering that myself....
  • Options
    freeone wrote:

Is this a joke? Nascar? :confused:

jesus, there have been some real class acts posting on this thread lately :rolleyes:

I am not sure why people keep thinking this is Canada vs USA, it isn't the Olympics, people!!!

earthgirl, you are totally right. Oilers were down 2-0 to San Jose and they came back to win four games straight. They just need to regroup and find a way to beat Ward. They did seem to be rather sad last night but they have a lot of heart so I am not counting us out just yet. GO OILERS!!!!!!!!! :D
  • Options
    i was exhausted last night and apparently i couldn't stay awake...so i woke up late in the third and it was 5-0...shitty.

it would have been nice to take one in carolina, but the oil will just have to win both at home and tie it up. i don't see them losing either game at home.

LET'S GO OILERS!!! :D
  • Options
    freeone wrote:

actually, it's mostly canadians and europeans playing under the name of an american team...just to clarify. ;) i think carolina has 6 american players?

and yes, it is great that ricky is playing with the argos, thank you ;)

thank you for the educated insight. enjoy your nascar and soccer. :)
  • Options
    freeone wrote:

Actually, Cam Ward isn't Carolina's starting goalie. Martin Gerber started the entire season except for spot starts by Ward, which only ended during the 2nd game of the first round series versus Montreal where he was replaced.

So no, it's possible to win with a backup goalie.

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    actually, it's mostly canadians and europeans playing under the name of an american team...just to clarify. ;) i think carolina has 6 american players?

and yes, it is great that ricky is playing with the argos, thank you ;)

thank you for the educated insight. enjoy your nascar and soccer. :)

Well said, mookie. :)
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    prljamgirl wrote:
    Well, I just saw different footage of the collision that took out Roloson, from a different angle than before. I blamed Bergeron for this accident because I felt like he plowed Ladd into Roloson. In the footage I just saw, Bergeron clearly doesn't hit Ladd hard enough to send him flying into Roloson the way that he did. Even the 3 commentators on SportsNet (where I saw the footage) think that Ladd took the opportunity as a free pass to run Roloson. Not cool.......

I saw that too, I kind of thought those panelists were grasping at straws and being a bit 'canadian team biased', a disease that plagued even our best panelist 2 years ago when Calgary made their run. Plays do look quite different from different angles sometimes and you probably can make a case, but as a former very competitive hockey player I can tell you that at very high speeds like that it doesn't always take a lot to knock you off of your feet, especially when your weight has shifted to try and defend the puck. I personally don't think Ladd was trying to run Roloson, aside from being a class act all through his short career, Rolie himself (the man closest to the action) said 'of all the times I've been hit in the playoffs, this was probably the only one that wasn't a penalty'.

It hurts bad to see Rolie go down like that, especially when he was playing as well as he had been. He played well enough to win games, Juicy and Conklin can't do that. The best thing Edmonton can do is score a little more, game 2 was a disgrace. Also, for having a new goalie in net Edmonton only managed 7 blocked shots to the Canes 24, not a flattering statistic for the Oil. That being said, I still give Ward a lot of credit, he sure doesn't look like a kid of 21.

But I don't see the goalie or the game 2 disaster (I won't even get into the penalties... *cough* Big George) being the end for the Oilers. The Oilers are going home where the sixth man always gives them the advantage! The Oil can draw on that crowd like no team I've ever seen and winning the next 2 at home is a very good possibility, the Oilers battled back from a crippling case of the flu and I know they can get Cam Ward off of his game. This one is far from over.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    MCG wrote:
    I saw that too, I kind of thought those panelists were grasping at straws and being a bit 'canadian team biased', a disease that plagued even our best panelist 2 years ago when Calgary made their run. Plays do look quite different from different angles sometimes and you probably can make a case, but as a former very competitive hockey player I can tell you that at very high speeds like that it doesn't always take a lot to knock you off of your feet, especially when your weight has shifted to try and defend the puck. I personally don't think Ladd was trying to run Roloson, aside from being a class act all through his short career, Rolie himself (the man closest to the action) said 'of all the times I've been hit in the playoffs, this was probably the only one that wasn't a penalty'.

It hurts bad to see Rolie go down like that, especially when he was playing as well as he had been. He played well enough to win games, Juicy and Conklin can't do that. The best thing Edmonton can do is score a little more, game 2 was a disgrace. Also, for having a new goalie in net Edmonton only managed 7 blocked shots to the Canes 24, not a flattering statistic for the Oil. That being said, I still give Ward a lot of credit, he sure doesn't look like a kid of 21.

But I don't see the goalie or the game 2 disaster (I won't even get into the penalties... *cough* Big George) being the end for the Oilers. The Oilers are going home where the sixth man always gives them the advantage! The Oil can draw on that crowd like no team I've ever seen and winning the next 2 at home is a very good possibility, the Oilers battled back from a crippling case of the flu and I know they can get Cam Ward off of his game. This one is far from over.

I definitely don't think that he did it on purpose, but I don't think that he tried hard enough to not let it happen. I have a lot of guy friends who played competitive hockey and they all feel the same way.....that he wasn't hit hard enough to hit Roloson like that. (And no, they're not Oiler fans!! Haha!) And why would he try and get out of the way??? No one can blame him because pretty much anyone would have done the same thing.
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see how Cam reacts being so close to home in Edmonton. Will he feed off his family and friends being present? Or will he struggle a bit under the pressure of trying to play well infront of them?

I'm going to go with a little bit of both. If he stands on his head the next two games infront of the sixth man in Edmonton, like he has pretty much the rest of the playoffs, he deserves some kind of award or something. Conn Smyth maybe??

I say they split and head back to Carolina for Game 5.

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    prljamgirl wrote:
    I definitely don't think that he did it on purpose, but I don't think that he tried hard enough to not let it happen. I have a lot of guy friends who played competitive hockey and they all feel the same way.....that he wasn't hit hard enough to hit Roloson like that. (And no, they're not Oiler fans!! Haha!) And why would he try and get out of the way??? No one can blame him because pretty much anyone would have done the same thing.

We will have to agree to disagee on this one I think. I think he was definitely hit hard enough to be thrown off balance at that speed. As for why he would try to get out of the way, he's a class act (only 4 Penalty minutes in 29 games and no retalliation after the hit from behind speaks for itself). I've watched him play junior, world junior's and in the NHL and will give Andrew Ladd the benefit of the doubt all days of the week that end in a 'y'.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    Jam-fanJam-fan Posts: 70
    hard to predict an edmonton win at this stage of the series, but that edmonton crowd practically won the san jose series after being down 2-0. However, after last night's effort, seems pretty bleak. Cam Ward is pretty unbelievable at times and the Oil have got to get their powerplay going. Carolina's blocking too many shots, just keep on shooting the puck with guys like pronger and smith and some will be bound to deflect in or even just take off a leg.
  • Options
    freeone wrote:

who the eff are you? and you're right you don't know shit about hockey, because if you did, you would know that 99 percent of the players on all the American teams are Canadian.
  • Options
    I also heard a rumour that they are playing up Roloson's injury more than it is... so he might be back. Might.

Conklin and Juicy are both great goalies.. just not the same confidence.
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    I also heard a rumour that they are playing up Roloson's injury more than it is... so he might be back. Might.

Conklin and Juicy are both great goalies.. just not the same confidence.

earthgirl, I wondered the same thing if Roli might be back and they could build off of that momentum but maybe that is just wishful thinking on my part :o
    I still believe!!!
  • Options
    Earthgirl wrote:
    who the eff are you? and you're right you don't know shit about hockey, because if you did, you would know that 99 percent of the players on all the American teams are Canadian.

Roughly 33% of all players in the NHL hail from countries oustide North America.

That means around 66% of the rest are Canadian or American.

So do you mean 99% of the remaining 66% are Canadian or what's goin on?

Maybe you and 'freeone' should hang out...

Camden 5-28-06
    Washington, D.C. 6-22-08
  • Options
    Roughly 33% of all players in the NHL hail from countries oustide North America.

That means around 66% of the rest are Canadian or American.

So do you mean 99% of the remaining 66% are Canadian or what's goin on?

Maybe you and 'freeone' should hang out...

:( . I don't know what to say, that kind of hurt my feelings.. that last comment.

I feel like an ass now.