Options

Howard Stern

Comments

• Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pjl44 wrote:
    pjl44 wrote:
    I went Opie & Anthony about a year and a half ago and haven't looked back.

Somethings in life I just wont do... eat shrimp, watch American Idol, and listen to Opie & Anthony. I'll take Howard anyday. Even if it's only for 3.

Why not give them a chance the two days Howard's off or when he takes a week for vacation? Even if you still prefer Howard when they're both live, I think you'll really dig having a solid live option when he's off.

because they suck....no offense to you
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,444
    because they suck....no offense to you

Just curious...what didn't you like about them?
  • Options
    howie is ripping the vedder album at the moment
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    just heard howie's comments on ed and it's exactly what i expect from a person with the worst taste in music i've ever encountered...i couldn't give a shit if he doesn't like the album...i get that...but i would have been shocked if he did considering he thinks american idol is entertaining :lol: :roll:
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    damn. I missed this. I thought I caught the whole show today. Although I don't like the Yuke album for my own personal reasons, I agree with Norm. Howard has the worst taste in fucking music. I don't know how he can watch American Idol and The Voice. I sure as hell wont be listening when he has lady gaga on.

I wish they would have more rock musical guests on.
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    benji interrupted weiner's press conference :lol::lol:

scaled.php?tn=0&server=610&filename=wvfhd.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640
    Post edited by norm on
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,557
    norm wrote:
    just heard howie's comments on ed and it's exactly what i expect from a person with the worst taste in music i've ever encountered...i couldn't give a shit if he doesn't like the album...i get that...but i would have been shocked if he did considering he thinks american idol is entertaining :lol: :roll:

He usually changes his mind about things. He made a snap decision based on hearing it was a ukulele. If he heard the album he might like it. And he does like some good artists.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    Octomom is crazier than a shithouse rat!
  • Options
    FenwayFaithfulFenwayFaithful Posts: 8,626
    Listening to the replay now. She is a nutbar. No doubt about that.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options
    McCARTNEY...HARRISON...LENNON :lol:
  • Options
    Listening to the replay now. She is a nutbar. No doubt about that.

I can't even listen anymore. That motor mouth and ADD she has is driving me nuts. Now I'm nuts just like her!
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    damn. I missed this. I thought I caught the whole show today. Although I don't like the Yuke album for my own personal reasons, I agree with Norm. Howard has the worst taste in fucking music. I don't know how he can watch American Idol and The Voice. I sure as hell wont be listening when he has lady gaga on.

I think Howard has awful taste in TELEVISION. You can separate someone's musical tastes with them liking crap like the Voice and AI. His musical taste is: The Beatles, Mountain, The Who, Van Halen, etc etc. He's regularly professed liking Pearl Jam as well. Everyone has embarassing indulgences, and his happens to be crappy reality shows and musical competitions.

I also am not impressed with the yuke album. I LOVE Pearl Jam, almost everything they've done, and almost everything Ed has done, even some of his yuke tunes. If somebody tells me my musical taste sucks because I don't like one album an artist has done, or because of the television I watch, well then F you.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    This 3 day a week schedule is getting old now. Off all last week, and only 3 days this week. I'm starting to get to the point where the show doesn't matter to me as much anymore. It's so funny, when the show first went over to Sirius all we heard was that there would be no commericals. Now every hour, commercials. 5 day a week schedule. Then 4, then 3. Maybe this is Howard's way of not going out like Oprah...

I find myself not caring about the show much anymore either. I used to try to catch replays of what I missed or find it online just so I would be up to date with it but now I just catch it if I'm in the car otherwise I don't think about it.

Has anyone else noticed Howard is reading a lot of commercials during the news now? This is new, right? Robin will be doing a story and he will say, "Hey Robin did I tell you about identity guard?" and read a commercial. I wonder if he is doing this now to squeeze more commercials in because he is on less time with the 3 day weeks. If so, it sucks to listen to. A lot of times my drive home coincides with the news replay and I won't listen because it is just so lame.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options

I think Howard has awful taste in TELEVISION. You can separate someone's musical tastes with them liking crap like the Voice and AI. His musical taste is: The Beatles, Mountain, The Who, Van Halen, etc etc. He's regularly professed liking Pearl Jam as well. Everyone has embarassing indulgences, and his happens to be crappy reality shows and musical competitions.

I also am not impressed with the yuke album. I LOVE Pearl Jam, almost everything they've done, and almost everything Ed has done, even some of his yuke tunes. If somebody tells me my musical taste sucks because I don't like one album an artist has done, or because of the television I watch, well then F you.

Well said, AllNite. I'm not a fan of the uke album and it's one of the reasons I will probably stay away from the tour because I just don't want to listen to the uke tunes.
    Can someone summarize what Howard said about the album?
  • Options
    Yeah, and once they went over to Sirius, it was supposed to be "commercail" free. The only thing different on Sirius than FM radio is 1.No Tom, 2.Swearing is allowed. The commercial breaks are all the same.

I think the 3 day a week thing might be Howard's way off going out slowly...
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,557
    Yeah, and once they went over to Sirius, it was supposed to be "commercail" free. The only thing different on Sirius than FM radio is 1.No Tom, 2.Swearing is allowed. The commercial breaks are all the same.

the music channels were commercial free
    I miss igotid88
  • Options

I don't remember them saying Sirius was supposed to be commercial free. The commercial breaks are better at Sirius. On terrestrial radio they would last for 20 minutes or longer.

I don't have a problem with them having commercials. My problem is when they go back to the show I want to be able to listen without Howard reading a commercial after every third news story.
  • Options
    Anyone hear Artie on Dan Patrick? Pretty sad. I dont think I would be able to listen if he came back to the show
  • Options
    Anyone hear Artie on Dan Patrick? Pretty sad. I dont think I would be able to listen if he came back to the show
    I heard about this happening but didnt get a chance to listen. What did Artie say? Whats up with him?
    Was always a big fan of his. Hope he's doing ok.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    I heard about this happening but didnt get a chance to listen. What did Artie say? Whats up with him?
    Was always a big fan of his. Hope he's doing ok.
    If you have iTunes you can listen to it here

http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the- ... i=95699559
  • Options

After hearing Howard talk about Artie this morning, I don't ever see Artie coming back. His attempted suicide has clearly rocked Howard and he want's no more on it on the show. Can't blame him, even though I feel the best era of the show was when Artie was on.
  • Options

After hearing Howard talk about Artie this morning, I don't ever see Artie coming back. His attempted suicide has clearly rocked Howard and he want's no more on it on the show. Can't blame him, even though I feel the best era of the show was when Artie was on.
    Don't mean to be annoying, but can't access any of the media at work or until at least tomorrow. Any way you someone can summarize what was said on Dan Patrick and Howard?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • Options
    I would never wish anyone bad, but how soon will Tila Tequila be joining Amy Winehouse? How are people so out of control??!! And annoying as hell too.
  • Options
    I need the number for 1800 Flowers
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,279
    syke (however you spell it) is blind???? makes him that much more talented
  • Options
    syke (however you spell it) is blind???? makes him that much more talented

Absolutely. He was a bit annoying, but talented beyond belief. Writing and singing about Robin's boobs, without ever seeing them! Amazing!
  • Options
    Howard Stern is in talks to replace Piers Morgan at the "America's Got Talent" judging table, according to sources.

The news, first reported by the Wall Street Journal, comes mere hours after Morgan announced his departure on his CNN show. "Turned out that juggling's harder than it looks, so I'm going to focus on CNN," the British host tweeted to his 1.4 million followers Wednesday evening.

According to sources, Stern is a big fan of the talent competition and is eager to be involved in the show. He would share hosting duties with Sharon Osbourne and relative newcomer Howie Mandel.

To be sure, securing a larger-than-life personality like Stern would be viewed as a coup for NBC, which counts "Talent" among the few bright spots on its schedule. Excluding the net's April entry "The Voice," "Talent" was the No. 1 reality show this past summer, which explains the internal desire to inject new blood into the long-running and increasingly valuable asset.
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45246718/ ... rxMsXKwUwY

:roll: :lol::lol::lol:
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    Howard Stern is in talks to replace Piers Morgan at the "America's Got Talent" judging table, according to sources.

The news, first reported by the Wall Street Journal, comes mere hours after Morgan announced his departure on his CNN show. "Turned out that juggling's harder than it looks, so I'm going to focus on CNN," the British host tweeted to his 1.4 million followers Wednesday evening.

According to sources, Stern is a big fan of the talent competition and is eager to be involved in the show. He would share hosting duties with Sharon Osbourne and relative newcomer Howie Mandel.

To be sure, securing a larger-than-life personality like Stern would be viewed as a coup for NBC, which counts "Talent" among the few bright spots on its schedule. Excluding the net's April entry "The Voice," "Talent" was the No. 1 reality show this past summer, which explains the internal desire to inject new blood into the long-running and increasingly valuable asset.
    http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45246718/ ... rxMsXKwUwY

:roll: :lol::lol::lol:
    Here come the Queefers :mrgreen:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

there is no way nbc can get sponsors or get the affiliates to go along but it's still funny
  • Options
    I'm back on Howard after an extended absence. The "Dumber than a box of rocks" game was great this week, and the "2nd annual biggest whore contest" last week was awesome too.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925