Options

Howard Stern

Comments

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,535
    I listened to the Debbie tapes. Artie laughing at it is hysterical. Miss him much. Cameron did TV this week so I don't think he'll do the show.

By the way, with PJ doing SNL on 3/13th, any chance they do Stern on the 11th?
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Oh my god. I'm listening to the Courtney interview and ARTIE IS ON FIIIIIIIIRE!!!!!
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    Hearing Artie again reaffirms how much better the show is without him.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    I cannot take any more American Idol talk. As annoying as the "Dina" caller was this morning, she hit it head on. There just seems to be little content anymore. And there wouldn't be Idol talk if Artie was on, he'd be calling Howard gay all morning for watching the show and the bit would go from 30 minutes to about 3.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I cannot take any more American Idol talk. As annoying as the "Dina" caller was this morning, she hit it head on. There just seems to be little content anymore. And there wouldn't be Idol talk if Artie was on, he'd be calling Howard gay all morning for watching the show and the bit would go from 30 minutes to about 3.

me thinks she is gonna be a regular caller
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,633
    Its horrible.

Almost every time I am in my car, all I hear is American Idol talk (which I dont give 2 shits about w or w/o Howard).

In the breaks from American Idol, I get to hear about Leno/Conan/Letterman (which I dont give 2 shits about).

The show has become awful. I have stayed on this long out of habit, thinking the Idol/Leno talk would go away. Im at the point now where Im not listening any more.

OOooooo lets hear what TMZ said about me on American Idol. Lets see what Ellen said about me on American Idol. Lets see what Simon says about me on American Idol. Lets see what the View thinks. How about the morning wake up show from Cincinatti. This is what Kimmell says about it... etc....... ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    i know most won't agree with me, but artie is an important part of the show...howard has been completely different since artie's absence...there has been no one to reign in howard's ridiculous, negative rants...robin can't do it because they know each other too well

he needs that other person to talk to...i hope artie will come back but i also hope he takes his time in getting his head straight...in the meantime, i suggest they go back to the rotating comedians like they did when they were looking for a replacement for jackie
  • Options
    yeah, the dynamic with him and just Robin is terrible. She tries to agree and support anything he says and she comes off as a huge kiss-ass.
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I can't take anymore american idol, Ashley dupree and Ronnie. They spent two days talking about this shit before they went on vacation and they've talked about it since they've been back.

This is it. He's done. Just going through the motions.
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    i know most won't agree with me, but artie is an important part of the show...howard has been completely different since artie's absence...there has been no one to reign in howard's ridiculous, negative rants...robin can't do it because they know each other too well

he needs that other person to talk to...i hope artie will come back but i also hope he takes his time in getting his head straight...in the meantime, i suggest they go back to the rotating comedians like they did when they were looking for a replacement for jackie

I'll agree with you. Artie was a lot of fun for the show, annoying and repetitive at times, but you laughed everyday he was on. I don't laugh much anymore during the show. I too find myself changing the station more and more on my morning commute. Too many "fillers" in the past few months.
  • Options
    And there wouldn't be Idol talk if Artie was on, he'd be calling Howard gay all morning for watching the show and the bit would go from 30 minutes to about 3.

There would still be Idol talk. Artie didn't control what the content was. The bit would go longer because Artie would chime in with kissing Howard's ass about how Idol would be lucky to have Howard and Howard would make the show cool.

I do agree that the Idol talk has gone on waaaaayy too long. I got in my car at 8:57 yesterday morning and got out after the ride to work at 9:21. I could not believe when the scroll said "Howard on Idol" AGAIN!!! Not that I got to hear much of it because it was the news report, then commercials, then the intro to the show with a Sal bit we have heard 100 times then an 8 minute song.
  • Options
    norm wrote:

I'm interested in hearing this other bizarro Howard Stern show you speak about where Artie reigned Howard in. I never heard it in the show I listen to. I did hear Artie kissing Howard's ass. The only thing Artie did was bring his drug, look how fucked up my life is stories to the show which were just as tired as Howard's Idol/Leno rants.

Question: how the hell can he not start off yesterday's show with Tiger Woods? I thought comparing the Tiger Woods speech to a 13 year old's bat miztvah was funny.
  • Options
    MayDay10 wrote:
    yeah, the dynamic with him and just Robin is terrible. She tries to agree and support anything he says and she comes off as a huge kiss-ass.

Just like Artie did.
  • Options
    norm wrote:

I'll agree with you. Artie was a lot of fun for the show, annoying and repetitive at times, but you laughed everyday he was on. I don't laugh much anymore during the show. I too find myself changing the station more and more on my morning commute. Too many "fillers" in the past few months.

Artie was fun in 2001 before everything he said became "annoying and repetitive". I sure didn't laugh every day he was on.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    norm wrote:

I'm interested in hearing this other bizarro Howard Stern show you speak about where Artie reigned Howard in. I never heard it in the show I listen to. I did hear Artie kissing Howard's ass. The only thing Artie did was bring his drug, look how fucked up my life is stories to the show which were just as tired as Howard's Idol/Leno rants.

Question: how the hell can he not start off yesterday's show with Tiger Woods? I thought comparing the Tiger Woods speech to a 13 year old's bat miztvah was funny.

unfortunately, your hatred for artie is too strong...no matter what i say, you won't buy it...which is cool...i like artie and i think he adds a lot to the show and i believe howard really likes him being on the show :D
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    norm wrote:

Artie was fun in 2001 before everything he said became "annoying and repetitive". I sure didn't laugh every day he was on.

He could tell the story of him in the pig costume doing coke 100 times a day and I'd still laugh at it! Artie brought a lot, and he at times brought the show down, but the show is at a major lull right now. I peg it on the fact that Artie is gone.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    JUST BRING IN NICK DiPALO
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    And there wouldn't be Idol talk if Artie was on, he'd be calling Howard gay all morning for watching the show and the bit would go from 30 minutes to about 3.

There would still be Idol talk. Artie didn't control what the content was. The bit would go longer because Artie would chime in with kissing Howard's ass about how Idol would be lucky to have Howard and Howard would make the show cool.

I do agree that the Idol talk has gone on waaaaayy too long. I got in my car at 8:57 yesterday morning and got out after the ride to work at 9:21. I could not believe when the scroll said "Howard on Idol" AGAIN!!! Not that I got to hear much of it because it was the news report, then commercials, then the intro to the show with a Sal bit we have heard 100 times then an 8 minute song.

haha. yeah. mine was the same thing on my commute between 6:30 and 7:00.

Good to see there is variety going on.
  • Options

just heard this call...how anyone can be around that voice for 2 seconds is beyond me...but, she wasn't wrong and howard's reaction to her criticism was telling...the show is getting stale and he knows it
  • Options

He could tell the story of him in the pig costume doing coke 100 times a day and I'd still laugh at it! Artie brought a lot, and he at times brought the show down, but the show is at a major lull right now. I peg it on the fact that Artie is gone.[/quote]

Well you sound like the perfect audience for Artie: someone who will laugh at the same joke a 100 times. I see why you like him so much.

Norm, you won't change my mind and I won't change yours...which, I agree, is cool. I wonder if Howard likes Artie on the show. I think Howard likes Artie a lot as a person (I agre with him there I think he has a great heart myself), but there have been times when Howard has cut Artie off or not really responded to what he was saying that made me think he wasn't digging him that much. This could just be my own not liking of Artie.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Norm, you won't change my mind and I won't change yours...which, I agree, is cool. I wonder if Howard likes Artie on the show. I think Howard likes Artie a lot as a person (I agre with him there I think he has a great heart myself), but there have been times when Howard has cut Artie off or not really responded to what he was saying that made me think he wasn't digging him that much. This could just be my own not liking of Artie.

i'm not saying howard liked all of what artie brought to the show but artie took a lot of the "pressure" off of howard to entertain for the whole 5 hours...that's what's missing now...howard has to carry the whole show and he's tired of doing the show so it's all "miserable howard" now and it's now not enjoyable to listen to

and i do agree with you that at times artie can be repetitive and boring...after 8-9 years, we've heard practically all his stories but a lot of them are good stories and when he isn't wasted on drugs, he is a really good story teller imo
  • Options
    JUST BRING IN NICK DiPALO

Dave Attel!!
  • Options
    norm wrote:

just heard this call...how anyone can be around that voice for 2 seconds is beyond me...but, she wasn't wrong and howard's reaction to her criticism was telling...the show is getting stale and he knows it

Howard's reaction was asinine. He went overboard for being criticized. I'm sure half of his audience right now wanted to make the same call. But damn, Maryann from Brooklyn might be replaced with Dina!
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Well you sound like the perfect audience for Artie: someone who will laugh at the same joke a 100 times. I see why you like him so much.

I just re read his book for the 100th time too!!
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    quote]

i'm not saying howard liked all of what artie brought to the show but artie took a lot of the "pressure" off of howard to entertain for the whole 5 hours...that's what's missing now...howard has to carry the whole show and he's tired of doing the show so it's all "miserable howard" now and it's now not enjoyable to listen to

and i do agree with you that at times artie can be repetitive and boring...after 8-9 years, we've heard practically all his stories but a lot of them are good stories and when he isn't wasted on drugs, he is a really good story teller imo

That is a good point about Artie taking the pressure off Howard to fill the time.
  • Options
    norm wrote:

Howard's reaction was asinine. He went overboard for being criticized. I'm sure half of his audience right now wanted to make the same call. But damn, Maryann from Brooklyn might be replaced with Dina!

I am looking forward to hearing this.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    norm wrote:

I am looking forward to hearing this.

between her almost-as-annoying-as-maryann voice and howard's tirade, i've got a headache ;) :shock:
  • Options
    norm wrote:

between her almost-as-annoying-as-maryann voice and howard's tirade, i've got a headache ;) :shock:

After he hangs up on her, he puts her back on. However said earlier in this thread that she'd become a regular caller, I have to agree!! My ears are still bleeding from it!
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,208
    I think they need to get Jackie back on for a week to see how things go
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    I think they need to get Jackie back on for a week to see how things go

You are clearly the most insane person chiming in on this thread!