Options

Howard Stern

Comments

• Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,253
    norm wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    I heard the Dina call for the first time today. It was awesome, especially because Howard was really pissed at her.

yep...howard knows the show is getting stale...

So let's add Joan Rivers to the mix. Holy shit the show is just horrible now. And I never thought I'd say that. How many times a year do we need that old bag on the show to talk about shit no one cares about. The show is putting me into a coma on my drive into work.
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,146
    norm wrote:
    rrivers wrote:
    I heard the Dina call for the first time today. It was awesome, especially because Howard was really pissed at her.

So let's add Joan Rivers to the mix. Holy shit the show is just horrible now. And I never thought I'd say that. How many times a year do we need that old bag on the show to talk about shit no one cares about. The show is putting me into a coma on my drive into work.

i thought the same thing when i heard her grating voice...guess it's good this is the last year
  • Options
    SoLATisASoLATisA Posts: 215
    The show has become bittersweet for me. I still prefer it in the morning over music-- but I am a huge Artie fan, and I really miss him. The news just isn't the same without his constant interruptions. I hope he's doing okay.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,208
    The pageant with Tiger's whores will be interesting...that's classic Stern

not sure why he is so boring anymore
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    norm wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

If I hear Joan rivers one more fucking time I'm gonna rip my radio out of my dash. She's on the show every quarter for god sake. Who gives a shit.
  • Options
    neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    I haven't listened in a week and today in the car ... american idol and leno :roll:
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,693
    norm wrote:
    rrivers wrote:

They really need to stop with the same guests all the time.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,792
    I don't get to listen to the show on a daily basis, but I do watch a good amount of Howard TV since my roommate is a huge fan. It has been pretty brutal without Artie. Has there been any word at all when he could possibly come back??
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,179
    I used to listen to Stern back in the 90's but I find him really boring now. Here's how his show goes...Stern: Me, me, me, me ,me. Robin: You, you ,you, you, you. I moved on. O&A & Little Jimmy Norton are running circles around the Stern show now. O&A have been on fire the past year. I think they are beating Stern in ratings as well.
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:
    I used to listen to Stern back in the 90's but I find him really boring now. Here's how his show goes...Stern: Me, me, me, me ,me. Robin: You, you ,you, you, you. I moved on. O&A & Little Jimmy Norton are running circles around the Stern show now. O&A have been on fire the past year. I think they are beating Stern in ratings as well.

As much as Stern has been in a lull, I highly doubt any of us Stern fans will ever turn on O&A. I think you are the same guy that was pushing Dopie & Anthony on us a while back in this thread. I'll take a boring day of Stern over those 2 tools anyday.
  • Options
    shadowcastshadowcast Posts: 2,179
    shadowcast wrote:

As much as Stern has been in a lull, I highly doubt any of us Stern fans will ever turn on O&A. I think you are the same guy that was pushing Dopie & Anthony on us a while back in this thread. I'll take a boring day of Stern over those 2 tools anyday.

I don't think that was me sunshine and I don't think my post was pushing on Stern fans at all. Also, is that the best you can come up with is Dopie & Anthoney? You must listen to Stern with that humor.
  • Options
    THE tiger woods beauty pagaent should be good

i believe its next wed.
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    shadowcast wrote:
    shadowcast wrote:

I don't think that was me sunshine and I don't think my post was pushing on Stern fans at all. Also, is that the best you can come up with is Dopie & Anthoney? You must listen to Stern with that humor.

Those guys aren't going anywhere that Howard's trail hasn't already blazed. He may be resting on his laurels and past achievements a little more these days, but overall his show is more entertaining and original than the rest of the crap out there.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    Okay, it's tough for the radio (which is why I can't wait to see this on HTV) but cocky-okey is pure comedy gold.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options
    shadowcast wrote:

How did you know?? Can you come up with a better name for them?
  • Options
    well jon hein should tell howie the show has jumped the shark...this idol bullshit was funny when it was just howard being lame for watching it...now it's just pathetic...it's not interesting or funny to hear insecure howard rant about this shitty show
  • Options
    norm wrote:
    well jon hein should tell howie the show has jumped the shark...this idol bullshit was funny when it was just howard being lame for watching it...now it's just pathetic...it's not interesting or funny to hear insecure howard rant about this shitty show

You are so right. I know this has been said countless times in this thread but I could not believe AGAIN yesterday he was ranting about how he is qualified to judge "a karaoke contest". We get it. Move on.
  • Options
    First Joan Rivers and then Barbara Walters. Shit, I'm 33, not 83. Are the old bags no one cares about is all Howard can get on the show anymore?? At least we had Cockaoke this week!!!
  • Options
    LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    First Joan Rivers and then Barbara Walters. Shit, I'm 33, not 83. Are the old bags no one cares about is all Howard can get on the show anymore?? At least we had Cockaoke this week!!!

anyone have the email address for the show? I need to send in a rant about this
  • Options

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:sternshow@howardstern.com">sternshow@howardstern.com</a><!-- e -->
  • Options

I already did!!

First you put us to sleep with the nonstop Idol talk, second you bore us with hour long Leno rants, and now Joan Rivers!! Wake me up from the coma I just fell into when Artie comes back.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,498
    The show has definitely been sucking wind since they came back from Christmas break. I love O&A, too, and find that I have been listening to them a lot more lately. Kinda feels like Howard's been running out the clock...will be interesting to see what he does.
  • Options
    is today the tiger woods beauty thing ?
  • Options

yes....they are doing it right now

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options

yes....they are doing it right now

sweet deal
  • Options
    Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    It kills me I had to come in for early meeting, any good?
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Options

it's ok....one of them said Tiger had a gigantic weiner....another said it was average

• Options

it's ok....one of them said Tiger had a gigantic weiner....another said it was average

The last girl was a beotch. The 1st 2 were cool. I wonder how much of this will be on Extra and those rag mag shows tonight?!
  • Options

Jesse Ventura AGAIN yesterday. I usually don't listen but I did yesterday because I heard them doing an over/under on how many times he would talk about Navy Seals. I thought he was actually ok. The problem with Howard's interviewing is that he cuts people off and will change the direction of the interview often from interesting topics. Yesterday Ventura was talking about the Kennedy assasination and Howard changes the subject to Diet Coke's heart commercials...WTF!!!!!!!!!! Howard also says "in a sense" and "in other words" way too much during interviews.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

Jesse Ventura AGAIN yesterday. I usually don't listen but I did yesterday because I heard them doing an over/under on how many times he would talk about Navy Seals. I thought he was actually ok. The problem with Howard's interviewing is that he cuts people off and will change the direction of the interview often from interesting topics. Yesterday Ventura was talking about the Kennedy assasination and Howard changes the subject to Diet Coke's heart commercials...WTF!!!!!!!!!! Howard also says "in a sense" and "in other words" way too much during interviews.

The last time Jesse was on, I loved it. Great interview. Yesterday's I feel like was the same thing we heard the last time. All about conspiracy shit. Let's talk about some new shit other than the fact he lives in Mexico half of the year and that he's not on the grid. I always liked Jesse and was interested in what he had to say about politics, but yesterday I turned the channel again because of the BORE!