Howard Stern

2456780

Comments

  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

    I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    actually, XM has over 6 million subscribers, and ive had them for almost two years now, and their music rotation is pretty excellent. sirius is geared for more of a mainstream selection of music. I like XM a lot. It seems to be in the better position than Sirius is with almost double the amount of subscribers.

    correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't xm limited to just major league baseball for sports?
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    moeaholic wrote:
    correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't xm limited to just major league baseball for sports?

    i'm correcting you because you are wrong

    MLB
    NHL
    PGA
    ACC
    PAC10
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

    Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

    www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    oppie1 wrote:
    i'm correcting you because you are wrong

    MLB
    NHL
    PGA
    ACC
    PAC10

    lol, pga over the radio. the only thing on that list that i would like is mlb, but it's not really that big of a deal because i can listen to all the yankees games on am radio if i'm at work. sirius already has nhl, and they carry college sports too. also nba, and i guess nascar, but that gets the same laugh from me as pga does.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • long redlong red Posts: 2,029
    oppie1 wrote:
    i'm correcting you because you are wrong

    MLB
    NHL
    PGA
    ACC
    PAC10

    give it up oppie....greg and anthony blow....plus their content isnt even exclusive anymore.
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    long red wrote:
    give it up oppie....greg and anthony blow....plus their content isnt even exclusive anymore.

    they do a 6-9am show on Fm and XM.. then go over an do an xm exclusive show from 9-1130ish..

    they must be really failing...failing so bad that they're adding new cities... go support that hooked nose shithead, howie.. what do i care...O&A always win in the end
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

    Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

    www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    oppie1 wrote:
    they do a 6-9am show on Fm and XM.. then go over an do an xm exclusive show from 9-1130ish..

    they must be really failing...failing so bad that they're adding new cities... go support that hooked nose shithead, howie.. what do i care...O&A always win in the end

    seems the only reason you got xm was because of o&a. as i said before, howard was pretty much the last reason why i got sirius. but having heard his show, i think it's a hell of a lot better than when he was on fm radio. i used to listen to him on fm every morning. but man, it got old fast. when i got sirius, i didn't listen to him because i just figured it'd be more of the same, just with cursing. i was wrong, the show is actually a hell of a lot funnier than before. and not because of the cursing, i just think the content and the cohesiveness of the group has improved. i never had anything against jackie martling, but artie is a hell of a lot better.

    hey, to each his own. you dig o&a, i'm getting back into howard. o&a actually replaced howard when they took him off the air here, for the first couple weeks. i listened to them a few times. some of their stuff was funny.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    George kicks!! Artie rules!!! And the Stern show is so on top of it's game. I am so glad I subscribed to Sirius. There are the imitations, but we know the originator! STERN FOR PRESIDENT!!
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,667
    Here is the only Greg and Anthony listener you guys were looking for...

    XM blows dude...you know it, Greg and Sally know it, Nascar knows it, Fox News knows it and the media know it...give up. You'll soon be listening to Sirius...and not by choice...

    OR

    you could go back to listening to Greg and Sally on "Free FM." YAY!!!!! Free FM!!!!

    HA HA HA HA HA!

    Exactly. Judging from this guy's name and location his whole life is G & A. And that is fine. It just amazes me that he or someone from the rest of the "army" has to come into every thread here about Sirius and bash Howard/Sirius.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • WhizbangWhizbang Posts: 1,314
    oppie1 wrote:
    they do a 6-9am show on Fm and XM.. then go over an do an xm exclusive show from 9-1130ish..

    they must be really failing...failing so bad that they're adding new cities... go support that hooked nose shithead, howie.. what do i care...O&A always win in the end

    not on my radio. the FM station that picked them up here lost me as a listener in the morning as soon as they announced them replacing Roth (not that I liked his show in anyway...it was lame). I didn't like them when they were on either Boston station, glad they got fired. Now BCN has 2 afternoon jackasses pretending to be O & A.....BCN will probably lose me for good.....
    believe it or not, we don't "need" anything. that is only the spoiled brat in us trying to fill some temporary solution to an emptyness that does not exist.

    I have eaten so much gold I crapped excellence - drtyfrnk29

    Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all!
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,667
    Whizbang wrote:
    not on my radio. the FM station that picked them up here lost me as a listener in the morning as soon as they announced them replacing Roth (not that I liked his show in anyway...it was lame). I didn't like them when they were on either Boston station, glad they got fired. Now BCN has 2 afternoon jackasses pretending to be O & A.....BCN will probably lose me for good.....

    Get Sirius! It freakin' rules!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    rrivers wrote:
    Get Sirius! It freakin' rules!

    it freaking rules so much that they're years behind XM's technology..

    sirius has yet to have a portable unit that can get LIVE radio... the s50 has to be docked and recorded onto.. what a way to re-invent the tape-recorder sirius..

    xm is already on their 2nd generation od live portable units...

    i will give sirius one thing.. atleast they finally downsized their big fish-finder sized units.. only took them 2 years to do that
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

    Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

    www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • BigIrishBigIrish Posts: 10
    oppie1 wrote:
    it freaking rules so much that they're years behind XM's technology..

    sirius has yet to have a portable unit that can get LIVE radio... the s50 has to be docked and recorded onto.. what a way to re-invent the tape-recorder sirius..

    xm is already on their 2nd generation od live portable units...

    i will give sirius one thing.. atleast they finally downsized their big fish-finder sized units.. only took them 2 years to do that

    This guy cracks me up. He always seems to come out of the woodwork when someone brings up Howard. Ok, we get it...you like O & A and hate Howard. We have gotten that point from you for the past 6 months...please, please go away.

    On another note, the Stern show on Sirius is can't miss radio. The prank phone call to the hillbilly in Arkansas with George Tekay's voice kills me every time. Mike Walker's fart is an all-time classic...especially when they put it in songs.
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,667
    BigIrish wrote:
    This guy cracks me up. He always seems to come out of the woodwork when someone brings up Howard. Ok, we get it...you like O & A and hate Howard. We have gotten that point from you for the past 6 months...please, please go away.

    On another note, the Stern show on Sirius is can't miss radio. The prank phone call to the hillbilly in Arkansas with George Tekay's voice kills me every time. Mike Walker's fart is an all-time classic...especially when they put it in songs.

    Exactly. I think he just patrols the board for Howard/Sirius threads so he can post about xm and G & A. I, for one, do not care if the portable unit is not available in Sirius. I never listen to anything on headphones, just in my car and in my house. The unit I have is the size of a Palm Pilot and I can take it from my house to car. A good thing about recording the show and listening to it later is you won't have to worry about it cutting out when you listen to it.

    Back to important things, Stern's show is on fire on Sirius. There are so many times that I am torn between listening to three or four different channels because there is so much good stuff to listen to on Sirius.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    oppie1 wrote:
    it freaking rules so much that they're years behind XM's technology..sirius has yet to have a portable unit that can get LIVE radio...

    huh?? i've got the boombox that receives live radio. listened to it all memorial day weekend while camping.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,667
    moeaholic wrote:
    huh?? i've got the boombox that receives live radio. listened to it all memorial day weekend while camping.

    I too have a boombox and it too is portable.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • 10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    oppie1 wrote:
    i'm correcting you because you are wrong

    MLB
    NHL
    PGA
    ACC
    PAC10


    NHL and PGA are not exclusive. NHL is on Sirius too...regular and post season.

    XM has NASCAR for now...but is going Sirius next season...LOL!!!
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    BigIrish wrote:
    This guy cracks me up. He always seems to come out of the woodwork when someone brings up Howard. Ok, we get it...you like O & A and hate Howard. We have gotten that point from you for the past 6 months...please, please go away.

    On another note, the Stern show on Sirius is can't miss radio. The prank phone call to the hillbilly in Arkansas with George Tekay's voice kills me every time. Mike Walker's fart is an all-time classic...especially when they put it in songs.

    Best yet is hit location. Howard Stern = Shit Dick. What the fuck is that supposed to mean. I've heard of shit heads, but never a shit dick. Like I said to this guy before, any guy who gives himself the nickname Oppie is clearly a wack job. Maybe a pedophile too.

    But yes, Stern show is unreal. The Mike Walker fart, I don't think I've ever laughed so hard than when they played about 10 different songs to his farting. Toilet humor it may be, and it may get criticized, but you know what, I love toilet humor!
  • 10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    oppie1 wrote:
    it freaking rules so much that they're years behind XM's technology..

    sirius has yet to have a portable unit that can get LIVE radio... the s50 has to be docked and recorded onto.. what a way to re-invent the tape-recorder sirius..

    xm is already on their 2nd generation od live portable units...

    i will give sirius one thing.. atleast they finally downsized their big fish-finder sized units.. only took them 2 years to do that


    once again you are wrong. Sirius has a portable unit that will also play MP3's...like an ipod. The XM portable Units never worked...that is why they came out with the "2nd Generation" ones so soon. Face it...XM is going down the tubes...
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • 10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    oppie1 wrote:
    they do a 6-9am show on Fm and XM.. then go over an do an xm exclusive show from 9-1130ish..

    they must be really failing...failing so bad that they're adding new cities... go support that hooked nose shithead, howie.. what do i care...O&A always win in the end


    you just answered your own question and why is it that XM is STILL at 6 million listeners and Sirius is passing 5 million??? XM has been at "6 million" since January...

    Go back and listen to Greag and ANthony on Free FM dude...beat it.
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • Anyone listen today...the ending with making fun of Ted Kennedy was hilarious
    MSG > everything combined
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    once again you are wrong. Sirius has a portable unit that will also play MP3's...like an ipod. The XM portable Units never worked...that is why they came out with the "2nd Generation" ones so soon. Face it...XM is going down the tubes...

    do you not understand what having "live" capabilities is? great.. it can play mp3s... can it receive LIVE sirius radio? no.. it needs to be docked and you need to record the stuff.. then take it with you.. hence why i said they re-invented the tape recorder

    the xm protables never worked? so this MyFi i have is not actually working? so whats this live radio i listen to every day? they're on 2nd generation because they wanted to make the units even smaller.. plus give them mp3 capabilities....check out the pioneer inno
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

    Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

    www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    you just answered your own question and why is it that XM is STILL at 6 million listeners and Sirius is passing 5 million??? XM has been at "6 million" since January...

    Go back and listen to Greag and ANthony on Free FM dude...beat it.

    i'm no mathematical genius.. but this isnt passing 5 million....
    http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=194903&cat=&newsroom=
    SIRIUS ended the first quarter with 4,077,747 subscribers, reflecting net subscriber additions of 761,187, a 149% increase in net additions from the year-ago quarter.


    http://xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_2006_05_24a.html
    XM ended 2005 with 5,932,957 subscribers, and the company added more than 568,000 net new subscribers during the first quarter of 2006 for a total of more than 6.5 million subscribers.

    http://xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_2006_05_24a.html
    XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: XMSR) today reported a change to its subscriber and financial guidance for 2006, projecting that it will end 2006 with 8.5 million subscribers, resulting in subscriber revenues of $835 million
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

    Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

    www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    any guy who gives himself the nickname Oppie is clearly a wack job. Maybe a pedophile too.

    since i'm a pedophile... got any young children i can fuck? since i just love fucking little children so much.... </sarcasm>
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

    Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

    www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • long redlong red Posts: 2,029
    this can all be solved in one simple sentence: Greg and Anthony suck. Okay, can we move on now?
    Jam out with your clam out.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    long red wrote:
    this can all be solved in one simple sentence: Greg and Anthony suck. Okay, can we move on now?

    i was gonna sum it with..

    hoo-hoo-howie is a has been...
    if you ever decide to give O&A a chance, we'll welcome you to the "dark side" with open arms...
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

    Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

    www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • 10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    oppie1 wrote:
    do you not understand what having "live" capabilities is? great.. it can play mp3s... can it receive LIVE sirius radio? no.. it needs to be docked and you need to record the stuff.. then take it with you.. hence why i said they re-invented the tape recorder

    the xm protables never worked? so this MyFi i have is not actually working? so whats this live radio i listen to every day? they're on 2nd generation because they wanted to make the units even smaller.. plus give them mp3 capabilities....check out the pioneer inno


    uh...yes...it can receive LIVE sirius radio...hello??? it is not the s50...get with it my friend. check the reviews on your units...nothing but problems. anyway, it is all mute in about a year when XM is no longer in existence. have fun with greg and anthony...exclusively on xm. have fun with your commercial free radio...on xm.

    LOL!!!
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • 10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    oppie1 wrote:
    i was gonna sum it with..

    hoo-hoo-howie is a has been...
    if you ever decide to give O&A a chance, we'll welcome you to the "dark side" with open arms...


    500 million dollars makes you a has been...real smart...

    of course you will welcome all fans to the "dark side!" you have no choice and plenty of room.

    LOL!!!!

    No Clue!!! I love it...as clueless as greg and anthony...the real innovators of radio...LOL!!!!
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • 10_pearljam10_pearljam Posts: 172
    oppie1 wrote:
    i'm no mathematical genius.. but this isnt passing 5 million....
    http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=194903&cat=&newsroom=
    SIRIUS ended the first quarter with 4,077,747 subscribers, reflecting net subscriber additions of 761,187, a 149% increase in net additions from the year-ago quarter.


    http://xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_2006_05_24a.html
    XM ended 2005 with 5,932,957 subscribers, and the company added more than 568,000 net new subscribers during the first quarter of 2006 for a total of more than 6.5 million subscribers.

    http://xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_2006_05_24a.html
    XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: XMSR) today reported a change to its subscriber and financial guidance for 2006, projecting that it will end 2006 with 8.5 million subscribers, resulting in subscriber revenues of $835 million

    first quarter was over in April...two months ago...

    but thanks for all the cool articles. you proved my point very well! Thanks. I;m done with you now. Have fun listening to your portable XM player. All that "cool" exclusive commercial free programming...LOL!!!!!
    He is alive but feels absolutely nothing.
    So is he?
    When he was six he believed that the moon overhead followed him.
    By nine he had deciphered the illusion trading magic for fact.
    No tradebacks...
    So this is what it's like to be an adult
    If he only knew now what he knew then...
  • moeaholicmoeaholic Posts: 536
    by the way, i'm not knocking this guy for having xm. it's what he wants. myself, i prefer sirius. it does everything i want it to do as far as satellite radio goes.
    "PC Load Letter?! What the fuck does that mean?"
    ~Michael Bolton
Sign In or Register to comment.