• Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Fly Me With Baloons!!!!!!!!!
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    Fly Me With Baloons!!!!!!!!!

I had that song in my head today when I was walking to my car.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options
    BoomerBoomer Posts: 50
    anyone hear Howard open Mondays show talking about how he read the Pearl Jam article in Rolling Stone? He also was trying to figure out what band they went to see that when they added "Jam".
    Canada, says Ament, holds a special place in the band's heart because of its international policies and its decision to stay out of the war in Iraq.

25 May 2005
    The Canadian Press
  • Options
    Boomer wrote:
    anyone hear Howard open Mondays show talking about how he read the Pearl Jam article in Rolling Stone? He also was trying to figure out what band they went to see that when they added "Jam".

I didn't hear that. I heard him talking about seeing Rivers Cuomo's grad picture in there and I was hoping he would talk about PJ. I must have missed it.
  • Options
    I can't believe what High Pitch Mike did today. I think that's his name. Siboban makes me wanna stab myself in the eyes.

RALPHIE CAKES!!!

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    I can't believe what High Pitch Mike did today. I think that's his name. Siboban makes me wanna stab myself in the eyes.

RALPHIE CAKES!!!

All that for a freaking TV. I gagged the whole time. Having KC back today was awesome. I miss him on the show. Despite how jacked up he is.

And the phone call to Eric the Midget with the guy posing as Diana Degarmo's agent, with the 750 ballons, I cant remember laughing so hard.

The show has been kicking so much ass lately.

Who dis?
  • Options
    "Get Rid Of These Wives" - Ronnie Mund

One more show and 2 weeks off.

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    "Get Rid Of These Wives" - Ronnie Mund

One more show and 2 weeks off.

But the reruns are still great.
  • Options
    Them making fun of that loon Debbie Schusle today was hilarious.
  • Options
    Finally Howard returns. Hopefully Eric The Midget will fly soon.

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    What a great, great show today. The Artie - Dice argument was amazing radio. That was an intense confrontation.

Longest show ever!!! They ended after 12! Wow. Enjoying the replay now... :)

A-Boogliada-Dah Yagi-Moo Moogi-Wugayu
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    Artie and Dice argument was great! But when Ralph called in and Artie grilled him, classic. Absolutely stellar radio. I love Artie. He is a such a component of the show. F Jackie! Go Artie!
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    i miss howard... gotta get me satellite

although ralph annoys me... has he admitted that he's gay yet?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:

He hasn't come out yet. There is a really cool Ralphie Cakes song.

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:

It's worth every cent. I really could not live without hearing Howard daily. I think the show is better than ever. Non stop laughter!
  • Options
    i like the other ralph song

ralphs a hooo a hoooooooooooooommo
    ralphs a hooo a hoooooooooooooommo
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    It's worth every cent. I really could not live without hearing Howard daily. I think the show is better than ever. Non stop laughter!

i just feel like i'd only be able to listen from 7 or so to 8 or so

how often do the replays run?

what's on as far as howard at night or around 5-6 pm
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    did anyone hear the new baba booey song? its fuckin hilarious they played it around 45 minutes into the show...maybe a little before or after
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    bostonlou wrote:
    i just feel like i'd only be able to listen from 7 or so to 8 or so

how often do the replays run?

what's on as far as howard at night or around 5-6 pm

The show replays all day. Bubba the Love Sponge has his show on one the 101 channel from 4 - 8pm I think. The other channel continues the Stern replays. They have other shows sprinkled in at different times (mostly at night) throughout the week, like the intern show, tissue time (sex talk), the Riley Martin show (wacky alien abduction nut) and other great stuff like roasts. The replays are pretty much all day, and they have an 'after show' for about a half hour, hosted by Gary and John Hein.

Doesn't matter if you can only listen from 7 - 8pm live, the show plays 24/7 and on weekends with replays. Plus, you can listen online! My work blocks internet radio and the Sirius sites' content, but I found a way to listen through this site: http://www.95xsucks.com :cool:
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    The show replays all day. Bubba the Love Sponge has his show on one the 101 channel from 4 - 8pm I think. The other channel continues the Stern replays. They have other shows sprinkled in at different times (mostly at night) throughout the week, like the intern show, tissue time (sex talk), the Riley Martin show (wacky alien abduction nut) and other great stuff like roasts. The replays are pretty much all day, and they have an 'after show' for about a half hour, hosted by Gary and John Hein.

Doesn't matter if you can only listen from 7 - 8pm live, the show plays 24/7 and on weekends with replays. Plus, you can listen online! My work blocks internet radio and the Sirius sites' content, but I found a way to listen through this site: http://www.95xsucks.com :cool:

I try to sign on through the website when I wake up, when I remember. Listen as I get ready for work, listen on the drive to work, listen at work, then once they hit the news/wrap up show, thats enough for me. But its the funniest stuff I've heard in years. Satellite is the best.
  • Options
    duffyduffy Posts: 74
    I loooooooooove my Sirius radio. love it. i don't like driving without it now. regular radio can suck it.
  • Options
    duffy wrote:
    I loooooooooove my Sirius radio. love it. i don't like driving without it now. regular radio can suck it.

I think that's what terrestial is planning on doing in order to get listeners.

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    after reading those two articles about XM, I think their rein over the market is soon to be history. Here is an article Howard read on the air on Monday:

Sirius Adds 600,000 New Subscribers, XM Adds But Misses Expectations
    Thursday, July 6, 2006

Sirius said today that it added 600,460 net subscribers during Q2, or 64% above last year's second quarter net subscriber additions of approximately 366,000. That's less than the 761,000 additions Sirius realized in the first quarter when Howard Stern debuted at the satcaster. But the new sign-ups still dramatically beat the 555,000 new subscribers expected by Wall Street Analysts and sent shares of SIRI up nearly 4%, or 17 cents, to $4.65. Sirius now has 4.67 million subscribers, 158% higher than second quarter 2005 ending subscribers of 1.8 million.

At the same time, rival XM Satellite Radio reported 398,000 new net subscribers during Q2, giving it a base of 6.89 million as of last Friday. Analysts had expected XM to add 430,000 subscribers in Q2, compared with the year-ago figure of 647,000. But XM had already reduced its expectations in May after its receivers had run afoul with FCC engineering standards in April. Just before the mad Father's Day rush for gifts, XM spokesman Chance Patterson told R&R that XM expected a soft Q2, but expected to rebound in the third quarter. XM CEO Hugh Panero says, "As we previously indicated, subscriber growth in the second quarter was limited by product availability and overall softness in the retail channel." Just before noon today, shares of XMSR were off slightly, down 7 cents to $14.42.

— Jeffrey Yorke, R&R Washington Bureau Chief

oppie1 wrote:
    i'm no mathematical genius.. but this isnt passing 5 million....
    http://investor.sirius.com/ReleaseDetail.cfm?ReleaseID=194903&cat=&newsroom=
    SIRIUS ended the first quarter with 4,077,747 subscribers, reflecting net subscriber additions of 761,187, a 149% increase in net additions from the year-ago quarter.

http://xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_2006_05_24a.html
    XM ended 2005 with 5,932,957 subscribers, and the company added more than 568,000 net new subscribers during the first quarter of 2006 for a total of more than 6.5 million subscribers.

http://xmradio.com/newsroom/screen/pr_2006_05_24a.html
    XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: XMSR) today reported a change to its subscriber and financial guidance for 2006, projecting that it will end 2006 with 8.5 million subscribers, resulting in subscriber revenues of $835 million
    Ba Ba Booey
  • Options
    By Jim Cramer
    RealMoney.com Columnist
    7/6/2006 1:57 PM EDT

Mel's better than XM. Period. Does that mean that Sirius' stock is better than XM's? Not unless they merge.

I continue to think that the key to this industry is to have one player. The way that XM is going it will be possible that Sirius does buy XM, but it is also possible that XM could simply diminish in size -- think AOL! -- and Mel wins anyway.

Notice I call Sirius "Mel." That's because when you think of it, before Sirius CEO Mel Karmazin got involved, the joke was all Sirius. XM had the momentum. It had the critical mass. It had the market cap. It looked like it had the better financials.

All of that has changed since Mel got it. Sure he paid up for talent. But that talent has delivered. And Mel has delivered.

As long as XM is out there bleeding, Mel's stock can't make a big move. But in three quarters if Mel keeps up and XM keeps blowing up, we will either get our merger, or XM will not be a factor that crimps the stock of Sirius. It is clear, already, that it does not crimp the Sirius business itself.

http://www.thestreet.com/_tscct/pom/pomaa/10295339.html

I'm glad I own Sirius stock!!!
    Ba Ba Booey
  • Options
    SDMikeSDMike Posts: 22
    The show is definitely better than ever. I got the S50 so I wouldn't miss a thing. My apt. doesn't get any signal so I would always have to record in the car. Now with it being streamed I listen a lot on line. Sirius is so f-in' good, the only time I listen to old radio now is for Padres games.
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music
    Music is THE BEST . . .
    - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    Wow, Artie and Dice got into it? I would love to hear that! I was saving yesterday's show to listen to on the ride home after SF night 3 so I could stay awake for the hour and a half drive from SF to Roseville.

I can't wait to hear the Artie/Dice fight. I hope Artie really gave it to him.

The song they played when John Hein came in was great, the play on the song "rich Girl" by Hall and Oates. It was "Rich Nerd". Hilarious.
  • Options
    For those of you that miss Howard, you can download some funny clips here :)http://jeffseby.tripod.com/stern.htm
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Am I the only one that doesn't find Howard Stern entertaining???