Options

Howard Stern

Comments

• Options
    Am I the only one that doesn't find Howard Stern entertaining???

Yes :) .....kidding......I definitely realize he's not for everybody. He can definitely get too gross sometimes. Well, not so much Howard, but his cohorts, Richard & Sal. But if I can't handle it, then I'll just switch it to the music stations for a while.
  • Options
    LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    He can definitely get too gross sometimes.
    Like saying he wanted to have sex with Mancow's dead fathers corpse?.. I can't respect someone like that.
  • Options
    Like saying he wanted to have sex with Mancow's dead fathers corpse?.. I can't respect someone like that.

What can I say...that's Howard for you...I've heard him say that about others too. All I know is, once you get on his shit list...he will torture the hell out of you....like Les Moonves, Michael Powell, etc etc. I know nothing about mancow, other than what Howard says, so I can't really say what happened there.
  • Options
    rriversrrivers Posts: 3,687
    For those of you that miss Howard, you can download some funny clips here :)http://jeffseby.tripod.com/stern.htm

Thanks for that site. There is some great stuff there!
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Options

So don't listen.
  • Options
    SDMikeSDMike Posts: 22

This was AFTER Man-queer sent a box of human shit to Howard's station. How would you react?
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music
    Music is THE BEST . . .
    - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114

You've never said something gross or outlandish or repulsive? Are you perfect? Howard says anything that's on his mind...ANYTHING. This Mancow jerkoff kept going off on Howard on his show, and finally sent him a box of feces. FECES. People can get sick from that. Howard was infuriated. And I would be too.

Get off your high horse.
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    You've never said something gross or outlandish or repulsive? Are you perfect? Howard says anything that's on his mind...ANYTHING. This Mancow jerkoff kept going off on Howard on his show, and finally sent him a box of feces. FECES. People can get sick from that. Howard was infuriated. And I would be too.

Get off your high horse.

Didn't he send it to Howard's daughter? I have a vague memory of it somehow relating to his daughter.
  • Options
    jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
    I know Howard's daughter. She is pretty cool and her face resembles his a lot, its kinda funny.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • Options
    jaygreen12jaygreen12 Posts: 166
    I know Howard's daughter. She is pretty cool and her face resembles his a lot, its kinda funny.
    6/03/06-East Rutherford II

The One and Only
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:
    Didn't he send it to Howard's daughter? I have a vague memory of it somehow relating to his daughter.

no it was an intern that opened it.
    "Mike McCready, he isn't from Chicago but I imagine he's Irish"

- Eddie Vedder- 6/18/03

• Options

glad to hear they put mancow out of his misery.
    "Mike McCready, he isn't from Chicago but I imagine he's Irish"

- Eddie Vedder- 6/18/03

• Options
    glad to hear they put mancow out of his misery.

Yeah, funny how he's out on his ass now huh?

BTW - the funniest shit I've heard lately: the Crazy Alice & Riley Martin songs. HE-LARIOUS!

"O'quan tanzin-wan, qua-onza lajii-wan"
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music
    Music is THE BEST . . .
    - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    CorduroyboyCorduroyboy Posts: 1,254
    OMG!! The new Artie prank calls using his argument with Dice and Ralph are some of the funniest pranks I've ever heard. I cannot stop laughing at these. This show only goes up and up every day!
  • Options
    OMG!! The new Artie prank calls using his argument with Dice and Ralph are some of the funniest pranks I've ever heard. I cannot stop laughing at these. This show only goes up and up every day!

(Arnold voice) That's a good one!

I also like the one where they use Eric the Midget tapes to call the clown.
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music
    Music is THE BEST . . .
    - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    jaygreen12 wrote:

That's cool. I was in New York for the past four days and I ran into Artie walking on the street. I shook his hand and he was very nice, saying, "Nice to meet you." His hair looks much grayer in person but he looks skinnier than on Howard TV.

The show is so great. I loved the argument yesterday with Howard and Riley. Howard really seemed to be getting pissed.
  • Options
    sternchat.com

great place to chat about howard!
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    Am I the only one that doesn't find Howard Stern entertaining???

nope.. howie sucks hardcore

seeing that you're in CHicago.. you can now listen to Opie and Anthony on WCKG-FM from 6-9am

once you get hooked, start spreading the virus to your friends
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    Dustin51Dustin51 Posts: 222
    Opie and Anthony are horrible. Nothing like Stern at all. They are more unique then most other rip off artists but they are still miles behind the King. Howard Rules!!
    Be excellent to each other
  • Options
    Dustin51Dustin51 Posts: 222

Mancow's a tool. He started the war with Howard, Howard just finished it.
    Be excellent to each other
  • Options
    oppie1 wrote:
    nope.. howie sucks hardcore

seeing that you're in CHicago.. you can now listen to Opie and Anthony on WCKG-FM from 6-9am

once you get hooked, start spreading the virus to your friends

Oh here we go, you just can't let us Stern fans enjoy shooting the shit about Howard without you telling us how bad Howard sucks. You really have no convincing power on us whatsoever. So go start an Oppie and Anthony thread somewhere and we will leave you alone. Or maybe we will come in and tell you how bad THEY suck. Oppie, what the shit kind of radio name is that anyways? Sad part is, you took it as your SN here.
  • Options
    rrivers wrote:

The show is so great. I loved the argument yesterday with Howard and Riley. Howard really seemed to be getting pissed.

I'm sorry, get Riley off the show. Sure some of his tags are hysterical and when Richard and Sal make songs with his voice clips I die laughing. But the guy is a fool, and demanding as hell. The argument with him and Howard was great. Riley was tearing Howard up! Great spat!
  • Options
    Oh here we go, you just can't let us Stern fans enjoy shooting the shit about Howard without you telling us how bad Howard sucks. You really have no convincing power on us whatsoever. So go start an Oppie and Anthony thread somewhere and we will leave you alone. Or maybe we will come in and tell you how bad THEY suck. Oppie, what the shit kind of radio name is that anyways? Sad part is, you took it as your SN here.

Yeah just ignore him. He comes to every Howard thread. I think he actually may be the real Opie. Even his location is Opie related.
  • Options
    Oppie, what the shit kind of radio name is that anyways? Sad part is, you took it as your SN here.

actually.. i got this nickname back before i even knew who O&A were...got it the same way Opie did tho.. they called me it cuz i reminded my coworkers at McDonalds back in 1996 of Opie Taylor from Andy Griffith show...

its just a coincidence that we share the same nickname
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Options
    oppie1 wrote:
    actually.. i got this nickname back before i even knew who O&A were...got it the same way Opie did tho.. they called me it cuz i reminded my coworkers at McDonalds back in 1996 of Opie Taylor from Andy Griffith show...

its just a coincidence that we share the same nickname

You worked at McDonalds. Everything makes perfect sense now. Are you currently the manager?
  • Options
    You worked at McDonalds. Everything makes perfect sense now. Are you currently the manager?

keyword is worked. that was 10 years ago when i was still in highschool.
    i actually work for Comcast now.. so to answer your question, no, i am not currently the manager
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Options
    oppie1 wrote:
    keyword is worked. that was 10 years ago when i was still in highschool.
    i actually work for Comcast now.. so to answer your question, no, i am not currently the manager

Maybe you should go work for XM.
  • Options
    First of all, fuck O&A.

As far as Riley, I think he's funny as hell. I listened to his last show & it was a riot. I love how the callers stick with the joke and don't just prank him, they actually ask "legitimate" questions as though they really buy into his shit.

That said, he's a complete tool. That argument the other day was so frustrating because Howard couldn't get one point across. Riley wouldn't shut up for two seconds & kept spouting the same bullshit over & over. Howard needs to just completely ignore him for a while. He'll come crawling back when he hasn't had any attention for a while. And if he doesn't, Richard & Sal have enough recordings of him to keep us laughing for years.
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music
    Music is THE BEST . . .
    - Frank Zappa
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    Just played Evenflow at the end of the Wrap Up Show.

Cool
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    SDMike wrote:
    First of all, fuck O&A.

As far as Riley, I think he's funny as hell. I listened to his last show & it was a riot. I love how the callers stick with the joke and don't just prank him, they actually ask "legitimate" questions as though they really buy into his shit.

That said, he's a complete tool. That argument the other day was so frustrating because Howard couldn't get one point across. Riley wouldn't shut up for two seconds & kept spouting the same bullshit over & over. Howard needs to just completely ignore him for a while. He'll come crawling back when he hasn't had any attention for a while. And if he doesn't, Richard & Sal have enough recordings of him to keep us laughing for years.
    But isn't that the fun part - the fact that people like Riley and Eric the Midget don't realize they're nuts and Howard plays off of that.