Options

The Office

Comments

• Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    Brink wrote:
    So I rented the British series and I have to say - other than the humor being a little more crude (inflatable penises would never make it past Standards and Practices on US TV)... it's really not that much funnier than the American version...and much harder to understand. Dwight's counterpart isn't near as psychotic as Dwight is..and Dawn, Pam's counterpart isn't near as interesting.

Thanks for the heads up. I was going to buy it since I could not find it at Blockbuster.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    I'm hoping we can see a little more of Jim's new co-worker. She's a real cutie. (Karen, isn't it?)
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    Isn't Hug It Out Bitch from Entourage??

I wish The Office was an hour long. 20 minutes just seems too short for this great show.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    I'm hoping we can see a little more of Jim's new co-worker. She's a real cutie. (Karen, isn't it?)

Actress' name is Rashida Jones.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    lamperti77 wrote:
    Actress' name is Rashida Jones.

Yeah, daughter of Quincy Jones. I asked about her name on the show.

But hey, i wonder if her mother is Natassja Kinski(sp?).
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    Only an hour and a half left!!
    "So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • Options
    If I can get them depressed, then I've done my job.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    Eh, it was ok today. A little over the top again, like most of this season has been. They really need Jim back in the office to mess with Dwight. Earl on the other hand was great again!
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    Eh, it was ok today. A little over the top again, like most of this season has been. They really need Jim back in the office to mess with Dwight. Earl on the other hand was great again!

Agreed!
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    The david brent office used to kill me, laugh till I cried. Saw some of the first series of the american and having thought that I'd hate it I was surprised.
  • Options
    It was pretty good until the whole dead bird thing was dropped into the story line. To make matters worse..usually level headed Pam joined right in..making a casket for the bird and singing at it's funeral.
    Jim needs to come back. They'll probably close the other office and bring some of the people from there back to Scranton... like they did on the British series.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    Brink wrote:
    It was pretty good until the whole dead bird thing was dropped into the story line. To make matters worse..usually level headed Pam joined right in..making a casket for the bird and singing at it's funeral.
    Jim needs to come back. They'll probably close the other office and bring some of the people from there back to Scranton... like they did on the British series.

It was pretty similar to what Pam did at the Dundies. She felt bad for Michael, so she did her best to keep things going.

But you're right about the other branch closing down and bringing Jim back along with a few others.
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    Yeah, the bird funeral was a bit over the top, but it was still funny.

I loved the part where they were in the conference room talking about dealing with their losses:

"My cousin - Mufasa - was trampled by a pack of wildebeasts. .......... It's a long story, it would take me an hour and a half to tell it."

"Kevin....no, that's Weekend at Bernie's."

that was effin hilarious
  • Options

I loved the part where they were in the conference room talking about dealing with their losses:

"My cousin - Mufasa - was trampled by a pack of wildebeasts. .......... It's a long story, it would take me an hour and a half to tell it."

that was effin hilarious

Best part was Creed, the human body can live for several hours without a head. Dwight: "i think you're thinking of a chicken", Creed: "what did I say".

Also liked Dwight cramming that bird into a soda can!! And stepping on the box at the end was good.

But I didn't think Michael was funny at all last night.

And you're right, the whole movie thing was funny with Kevin wanting to do Weekend at Bernie's, hilarious.
  • Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309

that was effin hilarious

i cried i was laughing so hard. i think it was ryans face. i love how he's so amused with himself all the time. the other hilarious part was when Michael walked up to Kelly when she was crying and his reaction to her when he found out she was crying about Ryan. classic.
  • Options
    I think the point of the whole episode was that Michael is absolutely afraid of dying alone. We've seen him wrestle with that particular problem before, like in the episode where everyone's kids come to the office. I think Pam got so into the bird funeral because she could see how bad Michael was feeling
    YNWA
  • Options
    Also liked Dwight cramming that bird into a soda can!!
    I totally didn't realize till just now that that was just like the story he was telling about how they "re-buried" his grandpa in an oil drum or something.

"Is that the beak?"
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    Brink wrote:
    it's really not that much funnier than the American version...and much harder to understand.

It's much more subtle, but also much funnier as a result. I think Gareth is WAAAAAAAAAY funnier than Dwight, too, although I love Dwight. :D
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,115
    AllIAm wrote:
    i cried i was laughing so hard. i think it was ryans face. i love how he's so amused with himself all the time. the other hilarious part was when Michael walked up to Kelly when she was crying and his reaction to her when he found out she was crying about Ryan. classic.
    His face is what sold the bit in my opinion. I wonder how many takes they have to do for some of his lines....I wouldn't be able to pull it off without laughing my ass of during every single take.

I also liked the statue/robot part.
    Dwight: "It only has a 6-foot extension cord in case it decides to turn on us."
    hahahahaha
  • Options
    It's much more subtle, but also much funnier as a result. I think Gareth is WAAAAAAAAAY funnier than Dwight, too, although I love Dwight. :D
    Agreed. I think the British version is a lot darker, too.
    I was really worried when they announced they were making an American version of the show since I LOVED the British Office. Thankfully it turned out all right ;)
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    Best part was Creed, the human body can live for several hours without a head. Dwight: "i think you're thinking of a chicken", Creed: "what did I say".

That WAS the funniest part!

The other hi lite from last night's shows was from Earl: Randy Hickey doing the Cyndi Lauper song.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    Agreed. I think the British version is a lot darker, too.
    I was really worried when they announced they were making an American version of the show since I LOVED the British Office. Thankfully it turned out all right ;)

Yeah, my husband and I were big fans of the British version from watching it on BBC America and when they announced that there was a version being developed for NBC, we were scared! But it has turned out much better than I ever expected it to be!
  • Options
    Jeff MurrayJeff Murray Posts: 1,259
    The bird part was a little too much. I think Pam went over the top because she is so bored and needs to do something to keep her sanity.

With Ryan catching on to Pam's jokes that could open a new storyline so they could both let loose with their office frustrations. He could be a Jim Substitute until he returns. This could result in some non-sexual tension between Pam, Ryan, Kelly, Jim and the girl from CT.

Michael's reaction to Kelly was great, might have been the best part of the episode outside of the movie tie-ins with expressing grief.

They were authentic with the episode regarding the chips. Herr's chips are a Pennsylvania product. They are everywhere here.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • Options
    Dwight and the robot drawing was hiliarious.
    "We'll make him 2/3 the size so that way we can take him down if he turns on us." LMAO!!!!!!

Then when he showed the 6 foot cord....CLASSIC!!!
    :D
  • Options
    Low_Light03Low_Light03 Posts: 1,227
    I liked the Million Dollar Baby story.
    If You Give, You Begin To Live

But You Might Die Trying
  • Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    mca47 wrote:
    Agreed!
    i do not this episode was on par with season 2
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Stupid drunk Ryan! Messing up our phone call...
    YNWA
  • Options
    AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    "You have planted that seed in the ground. And now I will plant my seed inside you."

"Where are all the animals?"

Gotta love Dwight. :)
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    good scene, but an overall rather weak episode.

Yeah, I think so too.
    Earl won this round again.
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    It was alright.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win