Options

The Office

Comments

• Options
    Sawyer wrote:
    good scene, but an overall rather weak episode.

I was saying this was my favorite show ever at the conclusion of last season, but...

This season has been a huge letdown so far. Besides the Jim/new chick/Pam storyline, this season has SUCKED. Michael and Dwight are way too over the top.

There have been a few funny moments in each episode, but the only decent episode this season was the convention.
    San Francisco, CA 05/15/92 07/16/06
    Mountain View, CA 07/18/92 10/02/94 10/31/00 06/01/03 10/26/03
    San Jose, CA 10/30/93 11/04/95
    Sacramento,CA 07/16/98
    Knoxville, TN 09/06/98
    Oakland, CA 11/26/13  05/12/22
    Seattle, WA 08/10/18

• Options
    NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    Sawyer wrote:
    good scene, but an overall rather weak episode.
    the 2nd best episode of the season

behind the convention

man this season rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

givonni saved a pedestrian earl tonight
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • Options
    Michael was pretty lame this episode, not very funny. I thought Dwight was hilarious, but to my dismay no Creed parts?! Stanley was actually pretty funny for once, besides the time he chewed out Ryan for hitting on his daughter.

I really could care less about the how Jim/Pam angle, this isn't Friends with Ross and Rachel is it? I understand that a great amount of people watch the show for that, but not me.
  • Options
    I thought this was actually funny this week (Earl rocked my socks off though). I freakin love Dwight, too funny for words. Rainn Wilson is genius. And I do love the Pam/Jim thing, but this season has really killed it.
    The more I see the less I know for sure. - John Lennon
  • Options
    I thought it was a kick-ass show last night. Michael's sugar-rush was freakin' hilarious... especially his little dance move during that stupid song. Dwight's quote "you've planted your sales seed, now I'm gonna plant my seed inside you"... Ryan - "I don't think you know what you are saying"... freaking hilarious. And I hope they keep on going with the Dwight-Ryan storyline... good stuff.

Although I can't believe something hasn't been mentioned yet about Pam having to record what Michael does hour-by-hour. This has obvious and serious implications to the story-line. "Jan used to treat Michael like a 10 year old, now she is treating him like a 5-year old"... This to me means that if Michael doesn't improve his performance, he might get fired or possibly demoted. I can't imagine that he would leave the show, but obviously something is going to happen here.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    AllIAmAllIAm Posts: 1,309
    all i have to say is for the rest of the night my roomate and i were singing "lovefool". that scene in itself was worth watching the entire episode. i think working with Jim would be the best. but i agree i think im sick of the whole love triangle thing. but i guess they have to have some sort of plot to it...
  • Options
    DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    bookworm30 wrote:
    And I do love the Pam/Jim thing, but this season has really killed it.

Yep. The new chick at Stanford is just Pam played by a different actress. It's the same kind of interactions over and over and over. Whenever they cut to the Stanford branch and show her and/or Jim, I just keep thinking 'here we go again...'
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Options
    I thought it was a kick-ass show last night. Michael's sugar-rush was freakin' hilarious... especially his little dance move during that stupid song. Dwight's quote "you've planted your sales seed, now I'm gonna plant my seed inside you"... Ryan - "I don't think you know what you are saying"... freaking hilarious. And I hope they keep on going with the Dwight-Ryan storyline... good stuff.

Although I can't believe something hasn't been mentioned yet about Pam having to record what Michael does hour-by-hour. This has obvious and serious implications to the story-line. "Jan used to treat Michael like a 10 year old, now she is treating him like a 5-year old"... This to me means that if Michael doesn't improve his performance, he might get fired or possibly demoted. I can't imagine that he would leave the show, but obviously something is going to happen here.

its all setup for nov 9th when jims branch closes (probably because michael had the big sale in the convention and the cosby contact is what keeps their branch afloat)
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    its all setup for nov 9th when jims branch closes (probably because michael had the big sale in the convention and the cosby contact is what keeps their branch afloat)

Did you just post a spoiler???
  • Options
    I think they will do what they did with the British series. The Stamford branch will close and consolidate with the Scranton branch. Michael will get demoted and the head of the Stamford branch will be his superior... which will cause all sorts of tension. Jim will be caught in a love triangle between the new chick and Pam.

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
  • Options
    DOSW wrote:
    Yep. The new chick at Stanford is just Pam played by a different actress. It's the same kind of interactions over and over and over. Whenever they cut to the Stanford branch and show her and/or Jim, I just keep thinking 'here we go again...'
    I don't see it. I think the new chick is a bit more independent and sarcastic than Pam is.

• Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    Brink wrote:
    I think they will do what they did with the British series. The Stamford branch will close and consolidate with the Scranton branch. Michael will get demoted and the head of the Stamford branch will be his superior... which will cause all sorts of tension. Jim will be caught in a love triangle between the new chick and Pam.
    I've never seen the British series but I pretty much expected that to happen too.
  • Options
    mca47 wrote:
    I've never seen the British series but I pretty much expected that to happen too.

I fully expect that to happen to, I just wasn't sure when it would happen.
  • Options
    if you look the episode on nov 9 is called "branch closing"

thats how i figured it out

didnt mean to post a spoiler
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    if you look the episode on nov 9 is called "branch closing"

thats how i figured it out

didnt mean to post a spoiler

lol...no problem. I am interested in seeing how this all plays out. Michael being demoted? Wow.
  • Options
    lol...no problem. I am interested in seeing how this all plays out. Michael being demoted? Wow.

i think that would be hilarious... that means he would be "one of the guys"... it would be really funny to see how everyone would act in front of him if he didnt have power over them. ahhh poor Michael.
  • Options
    AllIAm wrote:
    i think that would be hilarious... that means he would be "one of the guys"... it would be really funny to see how everyone would act in front of him if he didnt have power over them. ahhh poor Michael.

Yeah but I'm worried that there is going to be too many characters. Creed didn't make an appearance last week, and lots of other characters didn't even have a line. With all the characters from the other office its just a big cluster fuck... unless some of the employees are laid off.
    Everything not forbidden is compulsory and eveything not compulsory is forbidden. You are free... free to do what the government says you can do.
  • Options
    Yeah but I'm worried that there is going to be too many characters. Creed didn't make an appearance last week, and lots of other characters didn't even have a line. With all the characters from the other office its just a big cluster fuck... unless some of the employees are laid off.
    wonder why they wrote oscar out
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    wonder why they wrote oscar out

I wondered that same thing. I guess he is supposed to be in Europe for 3 months, but I bet he never makes it back.

The actor who plays Oscar may have went on to a bigger role. His part in the Office was pretty small.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    I wondered that same thing. I guess he is supposed to be in Europe for 3 months, but I bet he never makes it back.

The actor who plays Oscar may have went on to a bigger role. His part in the Office was pretty small.

Nope, Oscar Nunez is writing and producing a new series for Comedy Central; I forget what it's called. He was therefore written out of The Office for the next three months with the Europe trip, but he's coming back.
    YNWA
  • Options
    Supersized episode of The Office on November 16th!! Like the season finale in the spring, this one will will a 40-minute time slot as opposed to the normal half-hour, which means the actual episode will be 27-30 minutes long instead of 20.
    YNWA
  • Options
    New episode tonight!
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,264
    I thought it was a great episode tonite!!!!
  • Options
    It was great tonight. Love the sandler song at the end.
    OBAMA BABY
  • Options
    "I'm not a temp anymore. I got a promotion, which means more income."
    "So you wil have money to start a family? Buy a house?"
    "No. I'll have money to maybe travel. Buy an X-Box"

• Options
    its getting too storyline for me... i think i almost cried when they showed Michael outside by himself after he got dumped.

i dunno... i miss the days of jim/dwight antics.... hell i miss dwight. he's done nothing funny.

but i will say the indigo girls song did make me laugh.
  • Options
    RiverrunnerRiverrunner Posts: 2,419
    I thought this was a great episode. Poor Michael. The Indians seemed to really like him though.

"So when he dies you have to burn yourself up, right?" [or something like that]. That was hilarious.

And Kelley's description of the party was great too. She really didn't have a clue.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    i thought it was the funniest episode of the season...but maybe because i watched it when i was slightly buzzy after a night out. ;)

"this is our ninth date, michael"
    "apu, from the simpsons...hilarious indian"

i also like when jim rolled his bike into the bushes....again, that was probably the buzz talking.

did anyone catch what ryan said about zach braff? i couldn't understand what he was saying...
  • Options
    It was good, but....I liked Earl better ;)
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    I thought the first half was good. I tivo the show and can watch it in under 20 minutes, just seems to be too short.

"Dwight, this isn't Lord of the Rings"

I also loved Michael's impression of Kelly.
    I'll scream my lungs out...'til I fill this thread!