The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Baystone wrote:
    I doubt that anybody cares, but Melbourne Victory won the Australian League tonight. We have a different system over here which includes a finals series after the season is finished between the top 4 teams. Melbourne finished about 12 points clear this year and tonight won the grand final 6-0. Sme of the PSV fans around here might be familiar with Archie Thompson who was responsible for 5 of those.
    Yes, he played a couple of matches for us under Hiddink. But not a really great footballer.
    hsv can win again !!!!!:):):):):)
    Congrats again. :)
  • I'd just like to say;"WOOHOO"

With PSV winning and both Ajax and AZ dropping two points each my weekend is just peachy. And seeing how they play eachother next week I can't see why the next weekend will not be mighty fine as well.:D

P.S. Louis you crazy Mofo you are one symaphatic dude, and I mean that from the heart of my bottem.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    I'd just like to say;"WOOHOO"

With PSV winning and both Ajax and AZ dropping two points each my weekend is just peachy. And seeing how they play eachother next week I can't see why the next weekend will not be mighty fine as well.:D

P.S. Louis you crazy Mofo you are one symaphatic dude, and I mean that from the heart of my bottem.
    Wooohoooo :D

Louis is an .ssh.o.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Klumpie wrote:

Louis is an .ssh.o.

Did I hear a little thank you?

PSV will win the league...no doubt about that anymore...

You seen the press conference? Always funny Van Gaal and Jans bitching at each other...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    Klumpie wrote:
    Yes, he played a couple of matches for us under Hiddink. But not a really great footballer.
    I didn't know Hiddink gave him a run, I'm surprised that he did. Yeah, I know he's not that great, but I just wanted to give you an idea of the standard over here. There was actually a Brazilian who came over and dominated this year and was from 2nd division club in Brazil. But, as a positive, the Final was played in front of 55,000 and the club has averaged about 30,000 this season, which is about twice as many as any other club in Australia.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    apparently bellamy has attacked riise with a golf club while out on the town in portugal. they were all taking turns on karaoke and riise refused, bellamy got pissed and reacted like......craig bellamy. maybe he wasnt the greatest signing, he aint got many goals and is known for his run-ins.

Etos supposed to be back for Barca this week, hopefully he'll be a bit rusty.
    Baystone wrote:
    I didn't know Hiddink gave him a run, I'm surprised that he did. Yeah, I know he's not that great, but I just wanted to give you an idea of the standard over here. There was actually a Brazilian who came over and dominated this year and was from 2nd division club in Brazil. But, as a positive, the Final was played in front of 55,000 and the club has averaged about 30,000 this season, which is about twice as many as any other club in Australia.
    Well our standard isn't that great either, but Hiddink gave him a run because of the WC with Australia. He just wanted to see if he was good enough. 55,000 people is really alot. PSV can only hold 35,000 people and our biggest stadium (de Kuip) can hold 50,000 people.
    parel jam wrote:

You seen the press conference? Always funny Van Gaal and Jans bitching at each other...
    Thank you, next week you get another thank you by letting PSV win the match. ;)

Yeah, the press conference was great. Jans is a good coach.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Thank you, next week you get another thank you by letting PSV win the match. ;)

Yeah, the press conference was great. Jans is a good coach.

No, next week another point :P
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Klumpie wrote:

Louis is an .ssh.o.

That he is, lets see how he manages this will we? :D
  • parel jam wrote:

Dude I'll do you one better than thank you, I'll lay one on ya.;) Kisses for the whole Euroborg.:D

My friend Barry was here Saterday and he started teasing me, like do you think they will beat Heracles and so on and so forth. I grabbed the VI and started listing the games AZ and Ajax still had to play and told him they would drop points still. And they did. I thought AZ were in for a tough match, but I would have never expacted Ajax to lose points against Excelsior. Maybe Klumpie and I were right and the defeat against Bremen had it's influence. Now let them play a draw against each other next week and I'll be truely glad.
    Fuck the stories of COcu being to old, fuck the whole Farfan can't score away from home. And most of all fuck Louis.
    Youri Mulder said that what he said wasn't belittling, but his tone was, and it always is. Groningen had three very decent chances and I'd think that for a team as Groningen against Az that isn't too bad. You guys played for every thing you are worth, so he shouldn't go crying and just say well done mister Jans. Oh well we probable think a like so there is no point telling you this. The only one who doesn't seem to know is Louis hisself. Anyways thank you very much for putting him in his place.:D
    been a bad premiership for london, looks like 3clubs from the capital to go down.
    charlton v west ham,,,,,,,,,massive game but sure to be pretty uninspiring. much as Id like to see the hammers win I think charlton will nick it.

Prediction:::::::: Reo-Coker to leave for Man Utd in the summer, probably part of quite an exodus.

Carling Cup will be taken by Arsenal on sunday, no problemo. 3-1.
    HSV (Huub Stevens Verein) has won again...3-1 against Frankfurt.

Van der Vaart scored again...good news.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • parel jam wrote:
    HSV (Huub Stevens Verein) has won again...3-1 against Frankfurt.

Van der Vaart scored again...good news.
    yea really good news;) we left some bad places:D now we ´re place 13th ...hope the winning continues ...by the way the second team of hsv won too 4:1 ;)
    what a day:):):)
    yea really good news;) we left some bad places:D now we ´re place 13th ...hope the winning continues ...by the way the second team of hsv won too 4:1 ;)
    what a day:):):)
    Congrats lady. :)

PSV won too, today is AZ-Ajax one team will loose their race for the championship.
    Klumpie wrote:

PSV won too, today is AZ-Ajax one team will loose their race for the championship.

Just read it on videotext. 1-0 in 85' minute...was it lucky? I haven't seen the match...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
    parel jam wrote:
    Just read it on videotext. 1-0 in 85' minute...was it lucky? I haven't seen the match...
    A bit lucky. PSV was overall better, but they hadn't real big chances. Groningen had one big chance, but Suarez missed.
    Klumpie wrote:
    A bit lucky. PSV was overall better, but they hadn't real big chances. Groningen had one big chance, but Suarez missed.
    I will see it tonight...

BTW - if AZ and Ajax ends in a draw, I don't think they're capable of winning the league...we're like 8 matches away??
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Klumpie wrote:

thanx but still long way to go places 10-16 are too close;)

congrates too:)

i´ve seen ajax vs bremen
    and i´ve to say they lost their glory days:D
    thanx but still long way to go places 10-16 are too close;)

congrates too:)

i´ve seen ajax vs bremen
    and i´ve to say they lost their glory days:D

Mighty Huub is doing a great job, for now. ;)

Thank you.

Yeah, only Ajax self doesn't know it yet. :D
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Mighty Huub is doing a great job, for now. ;)

Thank you.

Yeah, only Ajax self doesn't know it yet. :D

for now that´s true but still have to wait til the end of season than we will know;)

seems so:D
    lucky chelsea, in the first half they were being passed off the park. arsenal need to learn the direct pass more, never seem to make their possession count in terms of goals. still theres plenty of time.........
    credit to Drogba.

Mascherano starts for Liverpool and plays full90. meanwhile the Hammers start with their transfer window signing Quashie, alongside him in central midfield is Mullins.......two masters of the sideways pass, helps decipher why they are getting relegated.
    Congrats Ladygooddiva, another victory for HSV. To beat Schalke then you have to be in a real good shape.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Congrats Ladygooddiva, another victory for HSV. To beat Schalke then you have to be in a real good shape.
    And again Van der Vaart :)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    parel jam wrote:
    And again Van der Vaart :)
    and olic;)

and yea Klumpie we are on a good shape for now;)
    by the way troche got a contract now til 2011:):):)
    place 10 now hope all up and down near us loose:D
    Hey Klumpie, what's the matter with PSV lately? They beat Arsenal with 1-0 and then lose against NAC Breda with 3-0...

Is it all motivation? Pretty weird imo.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    What the f*** is Michael Carrick doing on the field today?

Oh yeah......NOTHING so far!
    parel jam wrote:
    Hey Klumpie, what's the matter with PSV lately? They beat Arsenal with 1-0 and then lose against NAC Breda with 3-0...

Is it all motivation? Pretty weird imo.

It's motivation, and motivation is something that can be handled by the coach. Hiddink was able to prepare the team for every match. If Hiddink played with a b-team, he said that the players could proove themselfs. Koeman tells that match against NAC isn't important, and that league and the CL are more important. That's why PSV played that weak against NAC. So it was Koeman's fault.
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    Well, not the best United display by any stretch of the imagination, but we'll take it.

This was classic smash-and-grab.

The fates are conspiring. Seriously. You can't play as ineffectively as we've been the last 2 weeks and still have the results.

Yes, maybe it could be said we don't deserve it, but that's how the game goes. Liverpool are professionals, and they understand they really only have themselves to blame for not wrapping up this game long before O'Shea swept that ball in.

Not going to say anything by way of defending Scholesy, because to be blunt, what he did was indefensible, no matter what the provocation may have been. I'm not so much of a homer that I have blinders on.

Lucky? Perhaps.
    Destiny? I'm starting to believe it.