The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• parel jam wrote:
    What about Hitzfeld?

He's a really good manager but that would mean that bayern would play like they did before, not very attractive, defense+++,...and this kind of football isn't the one who's succesfull now, don't think you win the Champions league with 7 defender!!!
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    luxpjamer wrote:
    He's a really good manager but that would mean that bayern would play like they did before, not very attractive, defense+++,...and this kind of football isn't the one who's succesfull now, don't think you win the Champions league with 7 defender!!!
    Capello could be possible when Real Madrid will lose everything this season...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • Klumpie wrote:
    And the Koeman-effect is working, 1-1 against Sparta :(

And that means only three points ahead. Can you believe it? I certainly can't. We might as well skip the Arsenal matches the way they are playing now. I hope they pick up some form between now and then.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    And that means only three points ahead. Can you believe it? I certainly can't. We might as well skip the Arsenal matches the way they are playing now. I hope they pick up some form between now and then.
    Well yes I can believe it. Because the last matches before the winterbreak and the last 2 matches in the CL there was a flow in the team like we are going to win this at 50%. Now they've seen that they have to 100% to win matches.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Well yes I can believe it. Because the last matches before the winterbreak and the last 2 matches in the CL there was a flow in the team like we are going to win this at 50%. Now they've seen that they have to 100% to win matches.

Well guys, good luck against Arsenal this week. First game is at home on Tuesday?

I still don't know why the lend Aissatti to Twenthe...I liked that kid.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
    Why do almost all soccer players/coaches sound so stupid, dumb, unintelligent when giving interviews to the press?

I hate interviews...always the same...always skip them (except for today) when it's on the tube.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
    parel jam wrote:
    Well guys, good luck against Arsenal this week. First game is at home on Tuesday?

I still don't know why the lend Aissatti to Twenthe...I liked that kid.
    Arsenal is on 20 februari.

Koeman thinks that Culina, Mendez and Varyrynen are better, but Koeman can't think. That's why. ;)
  • parel jam wrote:
    Capello could be possible when Real Madrid will lose everything this season...

No, no italian please! I got the theorie that italian only can be succesful when they feel at home near their mom... If Bayern starts a serie of victories and they finish the season as 3th or 2th Hitzfeld will stay...if they finish as champions they'll clone Hitzfeld and I'm gonna call my boy Ottmar :)

by the way: does anyone knows Ivan Saenko from 1 FC Nürnberg ? What a good player ! Really quick, good team player, very technical and he scores goales....
  • parel jam wrote:
    Why do almost all soccer players/coaches sound so stupid, dumb, unintelligent when giving interviews to the press?

I hate interviews...always the same...always skip them (except for today) when it's on the tube.

No I love them ! ( sorry for the bad trsl ! )

like Möller who once said:

Mailand oder Madrid - Hauptsache Italien!
    (Milan or Madrid - just Italy)

Berti Vogts

Hass gehört nicht ins Stadion. Solche Gefühle soll man gemeinsam mit seiner Frau daheim im Wohnzimmer ausleben.

Scholl

Ich werde nie Golf spielen. Erstens ist das für mich kein Sport, und zweitens habe ich noch regelmäßig Sex.
    ( I will never play golf. Once it's not a sport for me and second I regulary have sex )

Wie war noch die zweite Frage? Das ist nicht so einfach, ich bin schließlich Fußballer...
    ( What was the second question ? It's not that simple because I'm a soccer player)

Lieber ewiges Talent als gar kein Talent
    ( Better being an eternal talent than no talent)

Jan-Aage Fjörtoft

Über seinen Einsatz gegen Freiburg:

Der Trainer hatte nach den ganzen Ausfällen im Angriff nur noch die Wahl zwischen mir und dem Busfahrer. Da der Busfahrer seine Schuhe nicht dabei hatte, habe ich gespielt.

( The manager just had the choice between me and the bus driver as forward. but the bus driver forgot his shoes so that I played)

Auf die Frage, was ihm der Siegtreffer gegen Bayern München bedeutet:

Das spricht vielleicht für eine schlechte Vereinskarriere - aber das war ein Höhepunkt meiner Laufbahn!
    ( After scoring the winning goal against Bayern Münich:

That's surely the proof for a bad career but this was a Highlight of my career!)

and don't forget that legendary Was erlaube Struuuuunz speech from trappatoni!
  • Besides I didn't hear to many people from Luxembourg at the match in Holland.

To be honest I'm a little bit ashamed to say that but a lot of the people in Orange were Luxemburgers!!!!!! Sorry but for me they are just fuckers...Imagine you were seeing dutch people wearing the belgium t-shirt during Netherlands-Belgium in Amsterdam!!

But now everyone is proud here in Lux because after 13 years WITHOUT a victory we beated Gambia on february the 7th. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-1 Gambia was leading but then we turned the game!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm sure that in a short time we are gonna win more games. We have really good young players.
    Aurelien joachim, mutsch mario and a goalie already play in Aachen II.

Gilles Bettmer : just signed his pro contract at the FC Freiburg. He's a real talent!!!

Miralem pjanic: he is consediring beeing the new Zidane, no shit! This guy is amazing, he's gonna be a big star someday. He plays now for Metz but Madrid and Barcelona tryed to get him. Problem: his father is bosnian and I heard he don't want his child to play for the luxemburger national team!! I don't understand that because Miralem grown up in Luxemburg, learned football here and he already played for the young national teams.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    En wie niet springt...
    ...en wie niet springt...
    ...en wie niet springt die is een fries...

1-1

Roude Leiw---Huel se !
    Roude Leiw---Huel se !
    Roude Leiw---Huel se !
    Roude Leiw---Huel se !

Mat waat ? mam Saack !
    Sie hun dach kéen !

2-1 !

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • hsv can win again !!!!!:):):):):)
  • by the way isn´t Mario Gomez a great player???
    (well he isn´t playing for my team but he is good:))
  • amentvedderamentvedder Posts: 3,610
    Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson was at the controls as Rangers football club flew to Israel for a Uefa Cup tie.
    The Iron Maiden frontman piloted a 757 jet from Glasgow ahead of Wednesday's match against Hapoel Tel Aviv.

Dickinson is qualified as a commercial pilot and regularly flies for UK-based charter firm Astraeus.

He specifically asked to fly the Ibrox men to the Israeli capital when he learned that the charter firm had landed the contract.

Now thats arriving in class \m/
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson was at the controls as Rangers football club flew to Israel for a Uefa Cup tie.
    The Iron Maiden frontman piloted a 757 jet from Glasgow ahead of Wednesday's match against Hapoel Tel Aviv.

Dickinson is qualified as a commercial pilot and regularly flies for UK-based charter firm Astraeus.

He specifically asked to fly the Ibrox men to the Israeli capital when he learned that the charter firm had landed the contract.

Now thats arriving in class \m/

wow, thats some cool shit right there.... and changing the subject, did anyone see Eto bashing Rijkard and Ronaldinho? He was mad because Rijkard gave Messi more playtime last weekend and refused to play and now this. I don't see him in Barcelona next season definitively, it seems to me that he's been always jealous of Ronaldinho.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Face It: PSV have little next to no chance of knocking Arsenal out, I think they'll be close to winning the CL again this season, never can be sure as that little bit of luck always seems a requirement.
    Inferior footbaling sides will need to frustrate them, play for penaltys from the start or just keep the defense very deep. I believe Van Persie should be back before too long and he and Adebayor heve really improved this season.
    Wenger seems to play Toure all the time (even the carling cup), if he gets injured I dont see how they'll replace him.
    Agree Henry and Lehmann are nobs, especially Lehmann. Henry reminds me a little of Beckham in his man u days, like lauded as great for some magic goals but there are games when he dissappears and doesnt pop up with the winner.

Is Eto gonna miss the Liverpool tie???????
    If so I think the Reds have a chance, saw Barca last month and they looked well outta sorts.
  • luxpjamer wrote:
    To be honest I'm a little bit ashamed to say that but a lot of the people in Orange were Luxemburgers!!!!!! Sorry but for me they are just fuckers...Imagine you were seeing dutch people wearing the belgium t-shirt during Netherlands-Belgium in Amsterdam!!

But now everyone is proud here in Lux because after 13 years WITHOUT a victory we beated Gambia on february the 7th. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2-1 Gambia was leading but then we turned the game!!!!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I'm sure that in a short time we are gonna win more games. We have really good young players.
    Aurelien joachim, mutsch mario and a goalie already play in Aachen II.

Gilles Bettmer : just signed his pro contract at the FC Freiburg. He's a real talent!!!

Miralem pjanic: he is consediring beeing the new Zidane, no shit! This guy is amazing, he's gonna be a big star someday. He plays now for Metz but Madrid and Barcelona tryed to get him. Problem: his father is bosnian and I heard he don't want his child to play for the luxemburger national team!! I don't understand that because Miralem grown up in Luxemburg, learned football here and he already played for the young national teams.

Congratulations on your victory.
    Well I hope he choses for you guys, just for your sake. I can't say that I know him. We had/have a similair problem with some players. I can understand why they have doubts, but I am very happy Afellay choose to play for Holland as did Boulahrouz. Aisatti is yet to make that choice and I really hope he choses the Orange jersey as well.
  • elmer wrote:
    Face It: PSV have little next to no chance of knocking Arsenal out, I think they'll be close to winning the CL again this season, never can be sure as that little bit of luck always seems a requirement.
    Inferior footbaling sides will need to frustrate them, play for penaltys from the start or just keep the defense very deep. I believe Van Persie should be back before too long and he and Adebayor heve really improved this season.
    Wenger seems to play Toure all the time (even the carling cup), if he gets injured I dont see how they'll replace him.
    Agree Henry and Lehmann are nobs, especially Lehmann. Henry reminds me a little of Beckham in his man u days, like lauded as great for some magic goals but there are games when he dissappears and doesnt pop up with the winner.

Is Eto gonna miss the Liverpool tie???????
    If so I think the Reds have a chance, saw Barca last month and they looked well outta sorts.

Mmmh next to no chance? You are overstating it a bit. Either you think to little of PSV or to highly about Arsenal. But given the form PSV is in now even Arsenal that is a bit inconsistant this season can't have too much problems in the end. Had they played last year I would have given PSV a chance, but seeing how our defense is not that closed all of a sudden I don't think we can cause Arsenal to fall. But hey Arsenal's defence isn't that good either. Still Henry and Fabregas should make the difference.
    Mmmh next to no chance? You are overstating it a bit. Either you think to little of PSV or to highly about Arsenal. But given the form PSV is in now even Arsenal that is a bit inconsistant this season can't have too much problems in the end. Had they played last year I would have given PSV a chance, but seeing how our defense is not that closed all of a sudden I don't think we can cause Arsenal to fall. But hey Arsenal's defence isn't that good either. Still Henry and Fabregas should make the difference.
    I think right now PSV has no chance, but it's still football.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    I think right now PSV has no chance, but it's still football.

Well yes that's what I said. And you are right it's football and Arsenal isn't that great in the back so who knows what can happen.
    Well yes that's what I said. And you are right it's football and Arsenal isn't that great in the back so who knows what can happen.
    We are not good at the back and the front right now. Our midfield is good, but I still miss Aissati.
    course PSV have a chance. Im ignorant of dutch football, but have seen plenty of arsenal. their main problem is actually scoring, last night against bolton was a perfect case in point: they created chance after chance and still needed extar time for the victory. also missed two penaltys.
    denilson and diaby both played central midfield and looked good. another player who has masively improved is Alliadiere......they have so many top players now.
  • elmer wrote:
    course PSV have a chance. Im ignorant of dutch football, but have seen plenty of arsenal. their main problem is actually scoring, last night against bolton was a perfect case in point: they created chance after chance and still needed extar time for the victory. also missed two penaltys.
    denilson and diaby both played central midfield and looked good. another player who has masively improved is Alliadiere......they have so many top players now.

Arsenal has a good side surely, but they are so inconcistant this season that I am not too impressed all together. I'm not that sure about so many top player, they have a lot of very good ones and some top players in my book, but you don't want to have an all star team either so hey that is a good thing I'd say.
    Well they have had a lot of injuries upfront so I don't think you should hold it against them:D Having a problem to score against Bolton isn't that strange is it? They seem to have a good defence.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    We are not good at the back and the front right now. Our midfield is good, but I still miss Aissati.

I'm sure he misses you as well.:D

You are right we aren't too hot upfront right now and we are pretty shacky in the back. I am pleased with how Culina has been playing, eventhough he was part of the misshap with the AZ first goal.

I hope Koeman has the guts to try Kluivert upfront and see how long he lasts, he can create something with moving players arond him. Somehow I doubt Koeman has the balls to start him.

Gomez

Kromkamp
    Alex
    Salcido
    Culina

Simons
    Afellay
    Cocu

Farfan
    Koné

Kluivert
    Arsenal has a good side surely, but they are so inconcistant this season that I am not too impressed all together. I'm not that sure about so many top player, they have a lot of very good ones and some top players in my book, but you don't want to have an all star team either so hey that is a good thing I'd say.
    Well they have had a lot of injuries upfront so I don't think you should hold it against them:D Having a problem to score against Bolton isn't that strange is it? They seem to have a good defence.
    they are inconsistent but they're now 11without defeat, 8of those are wins. They seem to be turning it on on the big prem matches and the cup comps.
  • elmer wrote:
    they are inconsistent but they're now 11without defeat, 8of those are wins. They seem to be turning it on on the big prem matches and the cup comps.

Well they do, guess they have to if they want to make something of the season. The wins against Liverpool and Manu were very good, but the matches against Spurs and Wigan weren't too good.
    When the draw was in I gave PSV 45% chance of going through to the next round, now I am less optimistic. I think it is some where around 25 or 20%, but that doesn't mean I'll accept anything less than that they give Arsenal a run for their money. I'll be pretty pissed off if they lose silly like when Arsenal won 1-4 a few years ago. A draw at home and a 1-0 lose will let us go out with our head held up high. That is basically what I want, If your words of next to no chance will become true I'll think they did a lousy job. I'll be watching it with an Arsenal fan so if for no other reason I hope for this one that it is an equal battle.
    Well they do, guess they have to if they want to make something of the season. The wins against Liverpool and Manu were very good, but the matches against Spurs and Wigan weren't too good.
    When the draw was in I gave PSV 45% chance of going through to the next round, now I am less optimistic. I think it is some where around 25 or 20%, but that doesn't mean I'll accept anything less than that they give Arsenal a run for their money. I'll be pretty pissed off if they lose silly like when Arsenal won 1-4 a few years ago. A draw at home and a 1-0 lose will let us go out with our head held up high. That is basically what I want, If your words of next to no chance will become true I'll think they did a lousy job. I'll be watching it with an Arsenal fan so if for no other reason I hope for this one that it is an equal battle.

Problem with Arsenal is that are always running for the cup but, to my knowledge, never make it...

I look forward to that game...both Arsenal and PSV are playing good this season (except for the last matches)...

I will give both teams a 50%...
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • parel jam wrote:
    Problem with Arsenal is that are always running for the cup but, to my knowledge, never make it...

I look forward to that game...both Arsenal and PSV are playing good this season (except for the last matches)...

I will give both teams a 50%...

Well, as you saw I am a little less certain, but thanks for the moral support.:D
    I hope you are right. I don't hope they will win it this season, it would be too harsh winning it in the season Bergkamp isn't there for the first year. And if that is the case I am more than willing to see to that they won't.:D Still I am not that certain.
    Well, as you saw I am a little less certain, but thanks for the moral support.:D
    I hope you are right. I don't hope they will win it this season, it would be too harsh winning it in the season Bergkamp isn't there for the first year. And if that is the case I am more than willing to see to that they won't.:D Still I am not that certain.
    I think Arsenal is less strong compared to last season...

In the end, Olympic Lyonnais will win the Cup imo. Such a great time - especially in the last few years.
    ♪♫♪♫♫

♪♫♪♫♫
  • BaystoneBaystone Posts: 111
    I doubt that anybody cares, but Melbourne Victory won the Australian League tonight. We have a different system over here which includes a finals series after the season is finished between the top 4 teams. Melbourne finished about 12 points clear this year and tonight won the grand final 6-0. Sme of the PSV fans around here might be familiar with Archie Thompson who was responsible for 5 of those.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.