The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I must remember to laugh at PSV next time they get beat

LET THE OTHERS COME AFTER US - WE WELCOME THE CHASE

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=24cgpi1kk9uc2.jpg

hehe, I'm not laughing. You know this is football, maybe you can laugh to me tonight if PSV loose.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    hehe, I'm not laughing. You know this is football, maybe you can laugh to me tonight if PSV loose.

Nah not my style, hope you's win
    Nah not my style, hope you's win

I hoped you guys win too, but well now it was evo's team that won. :)
    1 Celtic 8 19 14 - 5
    2 Hearts 7 13 9 - 6
    3 Aberdeen 7 12 8 - 4
    4 Glasgow Rangers 8 12 14 - 10
    5 Hibernian 7 11 11 - 7
    6 Kilmarnock 7 11 10 - 11

ah ok. Maybe it was better that the Gers should have won. Now the gap is already 7 points.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    1 Celtic 8 19 14 - 5
    2 Hearts 7 13 9 - 6
    3 Aberdeen 7 12 8 - 4
    4 Glasgow Rangers 8 12 14 - 10
    5 Hibernian 7 11 11 - 7
    6 Kilmarnock 7 11 10 - 11

ah ok. Maybe it was better that the Gers should have won. Now the gap is already 7 points.

haha what is this shit you are coming at me with now

7 points clear haha. Rangers 51 titles. Celtic 40 titles ..we're 11 clear

Last time celtic were 7 points clear Rangers won the league

"Celtic was leading 1-0 and had its second straight title nearly guaranteed with only two minutes remaining, but Scott McDonald scored in the 88th and 90th minutes to defeat Celtic and hand the championship trophy to Rangers."

This isn't history either, couple seasons ago.

Their run of home games is done they have to play away now and their away form is poor. It's only 8 games into the season
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Klumpie wrote:
    Congrats Axl, I heard Kuyt scored a great goal.
    his first touch was superb but the way he just smashed the ball was worrying to me...it reminded me of the chance he had against Chelski where he hit the bar...would prefer if Kuyt picked a spot to aim instead of just smashing the ball in at times but well glad it went in :D
    Yeh he is, cockney twat :D

That Rangers reject was always going to score on us
    You know i always have an answer for my critics, check my next post lol
    lol yeh you know me..i always enjoy beating them Sperms cos i have relatives who support them :D

yeh..funny thing was i was dissing Graverson too and he scored :|
    nvm..maybe they will get humiliated in the CL midweek lol..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    haha what is this shit you are coming at me with now

7 points clear haha. Rangers 51 titles. Celtic 40 titles ..we're 11 clear

Last time celtic were 7 points clear Rangers won the league

"Celtic was leading 1-0 and had its second straight title nearly guaranteed with only two minutes remaining, but Scott McDonald scored in the 88th and 90th minutes to defeat Celtic and hand the championship trophy to Rangers."

This isn't history either, couple seasons ago.

Their run of home games is done they have to play away now and their away form is poor. It's only 8 games into the season

Take it easy lady, if you guys had won the gap was only 1 point. ;)
    But as you said the season isn't over.
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    his first touch was superb but the way he just smashed the ball was worrying to me...it reminded me of the chance he had against Chelski where he hit the bar...would prefer if Kuyt picked a spot to aim instead of just smashing the ball in at times but well glad it went in :D

Well, he scored 2 goals now. That is the most important thing for a striker.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Well, he scored 2 goals now. That is the most important thing for a striker.
    especially scoring at the Kop End..huge morale booster!
    thats why i think Bellamy must be feeling very deflated now cos he missed an open goal at the Kop End which fortunately led to Gonzalez's goal..even after that Bellamy din celebrate much..he just hung his head low and held his hands over his head..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
    So vBommel scored the winner for Bayern. He's back on form.

HSV played 1-1
  • I thought that proper derbies were supposed to take place in the same city. Feyenoord-Ajax isn't a derby, that's a classic like Liverpool-Manchester United or Manchester United-Arsenal. Perhaps you could call Liverpool-Manchester united a region derby. This is the way it is in Dutch, but I thought it was the same in English.
    The beauty of a derby is that it is a big game that could have a small club having to face a big one and it would still be a tough match for the bigger club.

I guess that's good news since you are bored, now you have the chance to change the list.:D

heheh, I was bored yesterday... today isn't that bad so I don't feel like changing the list but anyway its always cool to learn something new everyday. ha
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Klumpie wrote:
    So vBommel scored the winner for Bayern. He's back on form.

HSV played 1-1

I saw the Bayern game earlier.... 2-1, Pizarro and Van Bommel scored
    Towerman wrote:
    I saw the Bayern game earlier.... 2-1, Pizarro and Van Bommel scored

I didn't see it, I heard it wasn't a great match.
    Reading is still leading with 1-0 against Manure.
  • I'm watching the Real Madrid game, they're beating Betis 1-0 at half time... but the thing is that I just realized that Diarra the great midfielder they bought from Lyon is from Mali, so the one that played for France in the WC mostly as a sub was a different Diarra... lol
    Now I feel stupid for criticing Domenech for leaving him in the bench in the WC when he was a malian and probably was resting in Africa during the WC. hehe
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Reading is still leading with 1-0 against Manure.

1-1 Ronaldo saved the red devil's asses in the end
  • Towerman wrote:
    1-1 Ronaldo saved the red devil's asses in the end
    Saved? Uhm, I don't know which game you were watching, but Reading decided to revert to piss-poor "Let's put 9 men behind the ball and hoof it up every now and then" tactics for pretty much the rest of the match after they took the lead. Yeah yeah, United could and perhaps should have broken through with 2, but when the team you're playing is only interested in one thing, it's pretty hard to find those gaps. Rooney had a pretty good shout for a penalty turned down. For some reason, the ref seemed to think contact from behind without going for the ball was all of a sudden ok by the rulebook.

Whatever. United DOES need to pick it the hell up, I'll grant that, but the only "saving" to be done today was Reading saving their own asses from getting run off the field.
  • I must remember to laugh at PSV next time they get beat

LET THE OTHERS COME AFTER US - WE WELCOME THE CHASE

http://img114.imageshack.us/my.php?image=24cgpi1kk9uc2.jpg

I saw that you lost the game against Celtic, good to see you here anyway. And remember there is always a next game. And that one is at home.;)
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Towerman wrote:
    heheh, I was bored yesterday... today isn't that bad so I don't feel like changing the list but anyway its always cool to learn something new everyday. ha

Well good it is never fun to be bored.;)
  • Kluivert has scored his first injury of the season. Just peachy now we have four players missing for the match against Bordeaux.
  • dkst0426 wrote:
    Saved? Uhm, I don't know which game you were watching, but Reading decided to revert to piss-poor "Let's put 9 men behind the ball and hoof it up every now and then" tactics for pretty much the rest of the match after they took the lead. Yeah yeah, United could and perhaps should have broken through with 2, but when the team you're playing is only interested in one thing, it's pretty hard to find those gaps. Rooney had a pretty good shout for a penalty turned down. For some reason, the ref seemed to think contact from behind without going for the ball was all of a sudden ok by the rulebook.

Whatever. United DOES need to pick it the hell up, I'll grant that, but the only "saving" to be done today was Reading saving their own asses from getting run off the field.

I understand what you're saying but what I meant was that as on paper United was the clear favorite a loss against Reading would've been a a hard hit. My commentary had nothing to do with what happened in the game, I was talking 100% about the result.
    Kluivert has scored his first injury of the season. Just peachy now we have four players missing for the match against Bordeaux.

He's back on form.
    Towerman wrote:
    I'm watching the Real Madrid game, they're beating Betis 1-0 at half time... but the thing is that I just realized that Diarra the great midfielder they bought from Lyon is from Mali, so the one that played for France in the WC mostly as a sub was a different Diarra... lol
    Now I feel stupid for criticing Domenech for leaving him in the bench in the WC when he was a malian and probably was resting in Africa during the WC. hehe
    lol..common mistake by most.
    the French Diarra actually used to be in Liverpool but made zero appearances for like 3 seasons...he's a decent player so am surprised why he never broke into the team especially with crap like Diao and Cheyrou back then.

YNWA
  • Towerman wrote:
    I'm watching the Real Madrid game, they're beating Betis 1-0 at half time... but the thing is that I just realized that Diarra the great midfielder they bought from Lyon is from Mali, so the one that played for France in the WC mostly as a sub was a different Diarra... lol

I believe there are even more than just these two. The former lyon Diara who now plays for Real comes from the Dutch club Vitesse. He played there for 3 seasons with the club and after the last season when Mahamadou Diarra real started to pick up steam, Lyon paid somewhere round 5 Milllion for him.
    Too bad no Dutch team was interested in signing him back then.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    He's back on form.

Yes he definitely is.:D
  • I saw that you lost the game against Celtic, good to see you here anyway. And remember there is always a next game. And that one is at home.;)

Yep.
    My pal meet Numan in the Rangers end, obviously seeing he's still a fan :)
    40cu22ukp9.jpg
  • ceeg wrote:
    now pearl jam's message board is about sports.., please
    you are missing something man

Imagine going to all the trouble of creating an account just to say that to us.

hahahahahahah
  • Yep.
    My pal meet Numan in the Rangers end, obviously seeing he's still a fan :)
    40cu22ukp9.jpg

Why how polite of him to posed for that. He does seem a bit bored.;)
  • Why how polite of him to posed for that. He does seem a bit bored.;)

It's celtic park, it's shit stadium lol
  • It's celtic park, it's shit stadium lol

That could be it to.;)