Inter vs Gremio
    Cruzeiro vs Atletico Mineiro

Argentina:
    Boca Juniors vs River Plate
    Independiente vs Racing Club
    San Lorenzo vs. Huracan
    Rosario Central vs. Newell's Old Boys

Others around the world:
    America vs Chivas (Mexico), Olympiakos vs. Panathinaikos (Greece), Benfica vs FC Porto (Portugal), Fenerbahçe vs Galatasaray (Turkey), Colo-Colo vs U. de Chile (Chile), Cerro Porteño vs Olimpia (Paraguay), Alianza Lima vs Universitario(Peru), Nacional vs. Peñarol (Uruguay), Paris Saint-Germain vs Olympique de Marseille (France), Anderlecht vs Brugge(Belgium)

well I guess I'm bored, hehehehe.... some of the biggest derbies around the world. Sure there's lots missing so feel free to add more to the list
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • ceegceeg Posts: 1
    now pearl jam's message board is about sports.., please
    you are missing something man
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    ceeg wrote:

EH???? :confused:

That's why it's called the AET (All Encompassing Trip) forum, a place where PJ fans can talk about other interests they share in common, current events, etc. If you wanna talk specifically about Pearl Jam, go to The Porch. If you wanna talk about other bands, go to "Other Music," if you wanna talk about gear and musical instruments, go to "Musicians and gearheads" ETC ETC ETC.

It's pretty self-explanatory. I really don't get what you meant in your post, lol :p specially being your first.

EITHER WAY, whatever I just said is rubbish because you're most likely someone we already know trying to punk us ;)
    :D hahahahhahaha.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Towerman wrote:
    well I guess I'm bored, hehehehe.... some of the biggest derbies around the world. Sure there's lots missing so feel free to add more to the list
    good list...must say over the years Liverpool vs Chelski seems a derby lol..
    midlands derby too always a big event though only Aston Villa are still in the EPL so guess we gotta wait awhile to see another one! :D
    Teeside derbies are good too..always goals when Newcastle and Boro meet.
    tonight huge derby too..Fulham vs Chelski...hope Fulham can stun them blues again!

big game for Liverpool today too..both Sperms and us have been somewhat misfiring but i think we are alot better than them over the last 2 games so here's hoping for a 2-0 win and of course a win for Gers too over Celtic ;)

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!
    YNWA
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    ceeg wrote:

Yeh, I heard the new album leaked???
  • Towerman wrote:
    Italy:
    AC Milan vs Inter
    Roma vs Lazio
    Juventus vs Torino
    Inter vs Juventus
    AC Milan vs Juventus

Spain:
    Real Madrid vs Barcelona
    Athletic Madrid vs Real Madrid

England:
    Liverpool vs Manchester United
    Manchester United vs Arsenal
    Everton vs Liverpool
    Manchester City vs Manchester United
    Tottenham Hospur vs Arsenal

Holland:
    PSV vs Ajax
    Feyenord vs PSV
    Ajax vs Feyenord

Germany:
    Bayern Munchen - 1860 Munchen
    FC Schalke 04 vs. Borussia Dortmund
    Werder Bremen vs Hamburg

Scotland:
    Celtic vs. Rangers

Brazil:
    Flamengo vs Fluminense
    Vasco Da Gama vs Flamengo
    Corinthians vs Palmeiras
    Sao Paulo vs Corinthians
    Inter vs Gremio
    Cruzeiro vs Atletico Mineiro

Argentina:
    Boca Juniors vs River Plate
    Independiente vs Racing Club
    San Lorenzo vs. Huracan
    Rosario Central vs. Newell's Old Boys

Others around the world:
    America vs Chivas (Mexico), Olympiakos vs. Panathinaikos (Greece), Benfica vs FC Porto (Portugal), Fenerbahçe vs Galatasaray (Turkey), Colo-Colo vs U. de Chile (Chile), Cerro Porteño vs Olimpia (Paraguay), Alianza Lima vs Universitario(Peru), Nacional vs. Peñarol (Uruguay), Paris Saint-Germain vs Olympique de Marseille (France), Anderlecht vs Brugge(Belgium)

I thought that proper derbies were supposed to take place in the same city. Feyenoord-Ajax isn't a derby, that's a classic like Liverpool-Manchester United or Manchester United-Arsenal. Perhaps you could call Liverpool-Manchester united a region derby. This is the way it is in Dutch, but I thought it was the same in English.
    The beauty of a derby is that it is a big game that could have a small club having to face a big one and it would still be a tough match for the bigger club.

I guess that's good news since you are bored, now you have the chance to change the list.:D
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    I thought that proper derbies were supposed to take place in the same city. Feyenoord-Ajax isn't a derby, that's a classic like Liverpool-Manchester United or Manchester United-Arsenal. Perhaps you could call Liverpool-Manchester united a region derby. This is the way it is in Dutch, but I thought it was the same in English.
    The beauty of a derby is that it is a big game that could have a small club having to face a big one and it would still be a tough match for the bigger club.

I guess that's good news since you are bored, now you have the chance to change the list.:D

This is in Holland:

Rotterdam:
    Feyenoord - Sparta
    Feyenoord - Excelsior
    Sparta - Excelsior

Eindhoven:
    PSV - EVV Eindhoven

Strangly enough Amsterdam has only 1 proffesional team.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    This is in Holland:

Rotterdam:
    Feyenoord - Sparta
    Feyenoord - Excelsior
    Sparta - Excelsior

Eindhoven:
    PSV - EVV Eindhoven

Strangly enough Amsterdam has only 1 proffesional team.

I guess that's why we have region derbies.:D to few derbies otherwise.

Twente-Heracles, Fietstassen:D-NEC,WillemII-NAC and so on and so forth.
    I guess that's why we have region derbies.:D to few derbies otherwise.

Twente-Heracles, Fietstassen:D-NEC,WillemII-NAC and so on and so forth.

Holland is so small, every match is a derby.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Holland is so small, every match is a derby.

hahahahaha.
    hahahahaha.

It's the truth. When they were talking about the Beneliga. Groningen fans told not to do that because Belgium is so far away. Very weird, because Groningen - Maastricht is just as far.

And what do you think about Munchen - Hamburg or Tenerife - Mallorca. We think to small in Holland.
  • ceeg wrote:

And your first and only post so far is to point that out, I find that very strange. There isn't that much about Pearl jam that I could tell that most people don't already know. What would you have us do then? Should we all go on the Porch and say; PEARL JAM is the best band in the world, so the other person could say Yeah man you are right?

Are you gonna post similar posts on all the threats on the Poetry board and AET and other music? Oh yes and the moving train, the Musicians and technical board?
    Get real dude that is probable the most useless post I have seen on this entire forum.
    Tell me did you join up just to share that with us?
  • Klumpie wrote:
    It's the truth. When they were talking about the Beneliga. Groningen fans told not to do that because Belgium is so far away. Very weird, because Groningen - Maastricht is just as far.

And what do you think about Munchen - Hamburg or Tenerife - Mallorca. We think to small in Holland.

I agree, I think a beneliga could be very interesting, Distance is definitely not a reason to push it away. The current standard of the Belgium league could be.
    I agree, I think a beneliga could be very interesting, Distance is definitely not a reason to push it away. The current standard of the Belgium league could be.

And our league is getting weaker and weaker. But we have first to loose a couple positions at the Uefa Ranking, before some people really see that we have only 3 good teams (not even great teams).

I think Anderlecht, Standaard and Club Brugge can easily beat Ajax, PSV or AZ.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    And our league is getting weaker and weaker. But we have first to loose a couple positions at the Uefa Ranking, before some people really see that we have only 3 good teams (not even great teams).

I think Anderlecht, Standaard and Club Brugge can easily beat Ajax, PSV or AZ.

Als het kalf verdronken is dempt men de put.

Yes they could beat Ajax, PSV and AZ, but Ajax,AZ and PSV could beat them just as easily. I take it you mean that these teams are good teams and that Anderlecht-Feyenoord is a great match to watch as would PSV-Brugge be.
    Als het kalf verdronken is dempt men de put.

Yes they could beat Ajax, PSV and AZ, but Ajax,AZ and PSV could beat them just as easily. I take it you mean that these teams are good teams and that Anderlecht-Feyenoord is a great match to watch as would PSV-Brugge be.

Yeah, that's what I meant.
  • Klumpie wrote:

No I didn't see that. My initial reaction is get him, but 8 million is a lot, but if Hans van der Zee and/or Piet de Visser say go than they should. I thought it was in VI this week that it was said De Visser made a mistake with Leandro de Bonfim, but I disgree, it's just that there is no garantee that a player you buy will do well. Still I would love to have a next Brazilian star to follow in the footsteps of Romario.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Yeah, that's what I meant.

To bad we don't have a say in the matter. I think most people don't like the idea of a Dutch/Belgium league anyway. It's the same thing when someone suggests a FC Limburg.
    No I didn't see that. My initial reaction is get him, but 8 million is a lot, but if Hans van der Zee and/or Piet de Visser say go than they should. I thought it was in VI this week that it was said De Visser made a mistake with Leandro de Bonfim, but I disgree, it's just that there is no garantee that a player you buy will do well. Still I would love to have a next Brazilian star to follow in the footsteps of Romario.

Leandro had alot of talent, but his mentality wasn't good. He already thought that he was the star.
    To bad we don't have a say in the matter. I think most people don't like the idea of a Dutch/Belgium league anyway. It's the same thing when someone suggests a FC Limburg.

That's true, some people live to die.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Leandro had alot of talent, but his mentality wasn't good. He already thought that he was the star.

That was my point. You can't always for see that. I don't feel that was bad judgement on De Vissers side.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    That's true, some people live to die.

It has been suggested so many times now by Michel Verschuren, Harry van Raaij and van Basten, I doubt that the people in power would ever take it serious.
    It has been suggested so many times now by Michel Verschuren, Harry van Raaij and van Basten, I doubt that the people in power would ever take it serious.

No they don't take it serious, because they loose power if this will happen. Onze anaalridder Henk Kessler houdt graag de touwtjes in handen.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    No they don't take it serious, because they loose power if this will happen. Onze anaalridder Henk Kessler houdt graag de touwtjes in handen.

Yes he does and he isn't the only one.
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    woah what a second half!!!
    finally Gonzalez getting a start and it definitely made a difference..great to see some players on form too with Riise back. today's game proved Garcia can play well as well..just not as a winger but as a support for Kuyt..he did fantastic when he came on for Bellamy.
    alittle sad Crouch din play at all but great goals by Gonzalez,Kuyt and Riise too...Sperms must be gutted to miss two open chances but then again too bad..you can't afford to miss such chances at the top. LOL@ amentvedder's boss (he's a Sperms fan right?)
    sad to hear Gers lost..especially with Kenny Miller scoring..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    finally Gonzalez getting a start and it definitely made a difference..great to see some players on form too with Riise back. today's game proved Garcia can play well as well..just not as a winger but as a support for Kuyt..he did fantastic when he came on for Bellamy.
    alittle sad Crouch din play at all but great goals by Gonzalez,Kuyt and Riise too...Sperms must be gutted to miss two open chances but then again too bad..you can't afford to miss such chances at the top. LOL@ amentvedder's boss (he's a Sperms fan right?)

Congrats Axl, I heard Kuyt scored a great goal.

and amentvedder what did the Gers against Celtic today?? :p
  • AxlUlrich wrote:

Yeh he is, cockney twat :D

That Rangers reject was always going to score on us
    You know i always have an answer for my critics, check my next post lol
    Yeh he is, cockney twat :D

That Rangers reject was always going to score on us
    You know i always have an answer for my critics, check my next post lol

Are you talking to me???:D
  • Klumpie wrote:

and amentvedder what did the Gers against Celtic today?? :p

I must remember to laugh at PSV next time they get beat

LET THE OTHERS COME AFTER US - WE WELCOME THE CHASE