The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    we need thoose points too;)

and we will see who will drop or get points....
    usually i'd be happy with 8 points from 4 tough games..but this time..its too risky.
    hopefully Chelski can drop some points during this busy period
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    usually i'd be happy with 8 points from 4 tough games..but this time..its too risky.
    hopefully Chelski can drop some points during this busy period

i hope we get all points
    and somebody has to drop chelasea´s pants lol
    hope they drop massive points;)
  • hamburg flew out ogf the german bunsdesliga pokal:(
    but who cares lol their deffence is so great only in the moment owen hargreeves
    made a shoot:(
    and the goalkeeper is getting better and better ;)
    they are still no 2 in the german bundesliga...
  • Next Few Days Are Crucial - Sir Alex

Sir Alex Ferguson has stressed the performance of coming through the Christmas period unscathed and with maximum points.

The Reds have three games in five days - West Brom (26 Dec), Birmingham (28 Dec) and Bolton (31 Dec) - completing a hectic ten-match month.

Ferguson says the month is a crucial one for United to stay within striking distance of league leaders Chelsea.

"December is an important month," Sir Alex told the Manchester Evening News. "If you can get into a challenging position by the end of it, you know you have a real chance.

"There is one spell of three games in five days which gives you no respite in terms of trying to keep the freshness in your squad.

"Hopefully, we can get through this period and stay within a few points of Chelsea."

i hope that too;) hope united gonna win all matches:D !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • If people come to your window and talk to your wife every night, you can't accept it without asking what's happening." - Arsene Wenger on the alleged tapping-up of Ashley Cole by Chelsea.
    :D
    this Mourinho/ARSEne Wanker fued has really gotten dumb...just let it go and continue with the football!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    this Mourinho/ARSEne Wanker fued has really gotten dumb...just let it go and continue with the football!

when i´m back we will;)
    when i´m back we will;)
    i meant the managers should continue with whats on the pitch.

YNWA
    Burley gets Saints job as Sir Clive makes step up

Southampton have revealed that George Burley is their new head coach, with Sir Clive Woodward taking over as the Championship club's director of football.

Saints chairman Rupert Lowe said tonight: 'I am delighted with the new arrangements that were approved unanimously at today's board meeting, in line with my recommendation.

'I believe we now have a management team that will deliver stability, results and exciting football.'

Lowe continued on his club's official website: 'The number and quality of candidates that Clive and I have seen over the last two weeks have been outstanding, with George emerging as our first choice.

'In George and Clive we have got a management team of undoubted quality with strengths in complementary areas, who share the same vision for Southampton and give us the best possible chance of returning the club to the Premier League in the shortest possible time.'

Southampton have been without a manager since Harry Redknapp quit earlier this month, prior to returning to south coast rivals Portsmouth.

Burley has been out of work since October 22, when he left Hearts with the Edinburgh side top of the Premier League.

Burley inherits a team who are 12th in the Championship, just four points off the play'off places, following 13 draws from their 23 games.

The Scot, who has also managed Colchester, Ipswich and Derby, added: 'I am very pleased to come on board at St Mary's and I am looking forward to taking my first game at Vicarage Road on Boxing Day.

'Southampton have an exciting young team and I believe that they should, and can, be much higher in the Championship table than they are.

'It's my job to make sure that this happens. I am delighted to accept the head coach position.

'I'm at my best on the training ground and my role at Southampton will allow me to concentrate on that.

'Clive and I have had detailed discussions on how we will work together and I'm excited by the prospect.'

Woodward said: 'George is the right appointment for the club.

'As head coach he will have complete control of team selection, tactics and coaching issues and I will concentrate on strategic issues which affect the club in less obvious but equally important ways.

'The chairman, George and myself have a very clear idea of where we want to take this club and I really look forward to working with George.

'I am delighted that we have the full support of the board.'

YNWA
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Shouldn't Clive have to do something like a stint as an assistant in an EPL team, or as manager of someone like, say, Tranmere, before he goes anywhere near managing a Premier League team?

The guy is a top man manager, sure. But the things he know a lot about are rucks, mauls, lineouts, and scrums. Although, it would make sense if he went for a job at Blackburn :)
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Hinny wrote:
    Although, it would make sense if he went for a job at Blackburn :)

haha. Aye. The guy's a tool anyway but I'm sure George won't take any shit from him in terms interfering with the team. So much for Hearts' charge to the SPL title though it's gone a wee bit wrong for them recently.
    scottish by birth, british by law and 'weegie by the grace of god...!!!!! FUCK THE QUEEN!!!
    Hinny wrote:
    The guy is a top man manager, sure. But the things he know a lot about are rucks, mauls, lineouts, and scrums. Although, it would make sense if he went for a job at Blackburn :)
    lol..good one

ah..EPL is back today...finally!

COME ON YOU REDS!

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    lol..good one

ah..EPL is back today...finally!

COME ON YOU REDS!

st michaels return!! im going to the game and cant wait to see the reaction he gets from the home fans! i reckon 3-1 to us and owen will get newcastle a goal.

cant wait!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
    st michaels return!! im going to the game and cant wait to see the reaction he gets from the home fans! i reckon 3-1 to us and owen will get newcastle a goal.

cant wait!!
    i'll be booing Judas from my tv set lol..
    i hope we win 2-0 and he misses tons of chances in front of an open goal!
    he said our current strikers lack firepower..well i hope Crouchie and gang prove that shitface wrong!

YNWA
    woo Crouch scored!!!
    lack of firepower upfront eh?
    fucking Judas din even have a touch of the ball! haha!

YNWA
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    woo Crouch scored!!!
    lack of firepower upfront eh?
    fucking Judas din even have a touch of the ball! haha!
    how is owen doing today??? has he had much of the ball? any shots?
    elmer wrote:
    how is owen doing today??? has he had much of the ball? any shots?
    Owen did absolutely nothing as i predicted..piece of shit he is
    Crouch showed him whats a goal!

YNWA
    ah what a boxing day!
    now Baros scores against scum Everton woo!
    good job former red :D

YNWA
  • hey i´m back:D

Results: Monday 26 December

Charlton 0-1 Arsenal
    Chelsea 3-2 Fulham
    Liverpool 2-0 Newcastle
    Man Utd 3-0 West Brom:p:p:);)
    Middlesbrough 0-2 Blackburn
    Portsmouth 1-1 West Ham
    Sunderland 0-0 Bolton
    Tottenham 2-0 Birmingham
    Wigan 4-3 Man City

and ferdinand score for me;) lol
    and ferdinand score for me;) lol
    sure he did.. :rolleyes:

welcome back anyways :)
    me just so happy we won and Everton lost thanks to an old boy Baros :D

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    sure he did.. :rolleyes:

welcome back anyways :)
    me just so happy we won and Everton lost thanks to an old boy Baros :D

haha ;) just for me lol;)

thanx

oh you won:( lol;)
    http://www.manutdpics.com/previewimage.php?mediaid=149440&mediatype=2
  • and i got 2 tickets for a match (HSV)
    so in february i´m in da stadium again

ok it´s not united :( but hey my babe bought it for me:)
  • http://skysports.planetfootball.com/images/badges/100x100/41.gif
    vs.
    http://skysports.planetfootball.com/images/badges/100x100/1.gif

Wednesday 28th December 7:45pm

and united will win;)

and rio score a goal again:D
    oh no here comes the pics :( ;)

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:

lol...gotta love the rio pics
    Wave came crashing...
    lol...gotta love the rio pics
    its as bad as watching an Elton John sex tape :(

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:

it was only one ....when he celebrate his goal ;)
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    its as bad as watching an Elton John sex tape :(

mmmh how do you know that lol:D:p
  • How did you find ,if you saw it,owens game?
    mmmh how do you know that lol:D:p
    its the same thing like you don't need to burn yourself to know fire burns ;)
    How did you find ,if you saw it,owens game?
    was a great game for us..amazing team performance..the confidence is just growing and everyone is playing well.
    i wonder if we do make any January buys whether they would disrupt the good form.

YNWA