Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    Liverpool beat the shit out of sao paolo, it should have been 9 -1 at least but at least it all bodes well for the world cup with Liverpool, man u and chelsea having the monopoly on England players, baring northern ireland being let in through the back door we can beat any team in the universe.

bua bua bua...

the thing is, you can get too cocky and start talking trash like cisse did and
    you cant come before a game like that and say that "we are almost invincible" like gerrad said.
    liverpool act the same way before in 1981 against CR Flamengo and the score was 3-0.
    so next time guys, be more humble, i promise it wont hurt...

see you on the World Cup next year!!!
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    brhf9 wrote:
    bua bua bua...

the thing is, you can get too cocky and start talking trash like cisse did and
    you cant come before a game like that and say that "we are almost invincible" like gerrad said.
    liverpool act the same way before in 1981 against CR Flamengo and the score was 3-0.
    so next time guys, be more humble, i promise it wont hurt...

see you on the World Cup next year!!!

He didn't say "we are almost invincible", he said "we are invincible". Stupid thing to say before a game.

It was great match. And both time played very well.
    But São Paulo has Rogerio as goalkeeper. And now we are the best of the world for the third time!
    So i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    tatalva wrote:
    He didn't say "we are almost invincible", he said "we are invincible". Stupid thing to say before a game.

It was great match. And both time played very well.
    But São Paulo has Rogerio as goalkeeper. And now we are the best of the world for the third time!
    Stevie was just doing a captain's role and trying to fire up the players.

and yes..Rogerio and the linesmen were the difference makers.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    wendsday the match in the german DFB cup bayern munic vs HSV -HSV will kick their asses....

anyways as i see matches worldwide i think a south american team will win the world cub
  • Options
    Ferguson Reverts To Carling Cup Kids

Sir Alex Ferguson will give the young players in his squad the chance to shine in the Carling Cup quarter final tie with Birmingham at St Andrews' on Tuesday.

The Reds boss will rest a number of his senior players as he counters against the physically draining month of December that, when completed, will have seen his side play ten games - a match every three days.

"We'll be bringing in one or two of the younger players into the squad," Sir Alex confirmed. “Rossi, Pique, Bardsley, Richardson will play, as will Fletcher, Ronaldo and O’Shea.

"Louis Saha will be the older member of the team, and perhaps one of the centre-backs, Brown or Ferdinand.”

A late decision will be made on whether to play Gary Neville in the game. Neville missed three months with a torn groin muscle and the extra games can only increase his match sharpness. If not, Bardsley will resume at right-back.

Sir Alex does not agree that the Carling Cup now carries greater significance after United’s exit from Europe earlier this month.

"I've never given that a thought," he said. "The important thing at our club is to try and do well in all the tournaments.

"The Carling Cup has always been viewed slightly differently. Now, we come into the tournament later (third round), which gives the teams in Europe more incentive to be more ambitious about it.

"You have more of an opportunity because you don't have the two-legged ties near the start of the season anymore.

"It will be a young team, but they are all fresh and fit and they can handle it," the manager added. "The team that plays on Tuesday will be out to win it."

as you know i hope for rio as center-back;)

this week will be so cool tommorow and wendsday my faves are playing!!!!:D
  • Options
    Peter Schmeichel cristiside yesterday united and specially rio grrr i ´m angry
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Stevie was just doing a captain's role and trying to fire up the players.

and yes..Rogerio and the linesmen were the difference makers.

Sorry, I can't agree with you. There are other ways to fire up the players without needing to underestimate the other time.

I saw all the goals that were cancel many many times on TV. And the linesmen were right in all of them.

As I said both times played pretty well, it's not fair to say Sao Paulo won just because of the linesmen. The first part of the game Sao Paulo played much better and Liverpool almost didn't get close to the goal. And anyway luck it also necessary to be the best time in the world.
    So i'll just lie alone and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    tatalva wrote:
    Sorry, I can't agree with you. There are other ways to fire up the players without needing to underestimate the other time.

I saw all the goals that were cancel many many times on TV. And the linesmen were right in all of them.

As I said both times played pretty well, it's not fair to say Sao Paulo won just because of the linesmen. The first part of the game Sao Paulo played much better and Liverpool almost didn't get close to the goal. And anyway luck it also necessary to be the best time in the world.
    never did Liverpool underestimate anyone.
    Stevie said yeh we feel unbeatable..of course we were undefeated for like 12 games...whoever we were gonna face he would have said the same.

the third goal looked very legit to me.

yeh Sao Paolo played well for aboot 30 min..credit to them and especially Rogerio.
    din enjoy the time wasting on purpose and Lugano's tackle on Stevie.
    im proud of the way Liverpool played..as many have said..you dont often see a Brazilian side defend so much.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    Poca_ BRPoca_ BR Posts: 260
    I´m very proud of my team!
    They knew exactly how to play... they knew that they didn´t need to play their best football to beat Liverpool... and so it was! Very smart...

But it was a good game, at least everybody could scream GOL!!!

SALVE O TRICOLOR PAULISTA, AMADO CLUBE BRASILEIRO
    TU ÉS FORTE TU ÉS GRANDE,
    ENTRE OS GRANDES ÉS O PRIMEIRO

THREE TIMES WORLD CHAMPION
    meat is murder
    *Molto Abrigato*

God, what do you say?
  • Options
    United Will Compete For The Title - O'Leary

Having watched the Reds cruise to victory against his Aston Villa side, David O'Leary - who later admitted being powerless to stop United - believes Sir Alex Ferguson's side have the means to challenge Chelsea for the title this season.

Goals at Villa Park from Ruud van Nistelrooy and Wayne Rooney handed United the win and moved them temporarily to within six points of the league leaders.

Jose Mourinho's men hauled themselves back to a nine-point lead on Sunday with a 2-0 win against Arsenal at Highbury.

But O'Leary says Sir Alex's side are still in with a shout. "United are still a class act," he said. "You can't disregard them.

"Manchester United always used to get better and stronger in the second half of the season and I think last year shocked them because Chelsea started well and didn't slip away.

"You can't start slow now. But if you look back on a few of their championship wins, United have got more points now than they had then at this time of the season."

Season Pts (17 games) Finish
    2005/06 37 ?
    2004/05 34 3
    2003/04 40 3
    2002/03 32 1
    2001/02 27 2
    2000/01 40 1
    1999/00 39 1
    1998/99 31 1
    O'Leary has a point. Based on the last eight seasons, United have their fourth highest points haul after 17 games; the Reds are five points better off at this stage than when they last won the title in 2002/03, and six superior to the 1998/99 Treble-winning season.
    "You can't deal with Abramovich and his millions but I think United will be still saying 'we want to win the league and if we can't, we want to finish second and win some cups.'"

And in Rooney, O'Leary thinks the Reds have an influential and talismanic figure.

"I think Rooney is getting better and better," he said of the 20-year-old striker. "I have never known a lad at such a young age be like him. If he plays well, Manchester United play really well.

"It was a similar scenario over the years with Arsenal when Vieira or Henry were not in the side."

Among other obvious footballing attributes, O'Leary says it is the Liverpudlian's approach to the game that is refreshing.

"There's a number of players who love playing and would do it for nothing," the Villa manager said. "They will run all day. They'll train in the morning, they'll train in the afternoon. Wayne is the same.

"If you took him off with five minutes to go he would have his dummy out because he'd want to play that last five minutes. And the amazing thing is that we are still talking about a young kid with years ahead of him.

"It's an absolute pleasure to watch him... when you're not involved in any game he is playing in!"
  • Options
    Ronaldo Will Come Through "Turbulent Time"

Sir Alex Ferguson has given his unequivocal backing to Cristiano Ronaldo, after a tough season on and off the field.

The 20-year-old's father died in September, whilst on the field in his third season with the Reds his form has been inconsistent.

The Portuguese winger is likely to start on Tuesday night against Birmingham in the Carling Cup quarter finals in a youthful team - a reminder, perhaps, of the stage he is at in his career.

"He has had a turbulent time, the boy," Sir Alex said. "But eventually he will come through. We're sure of that.

"It’s only natural for a young player to have a reaction to what he's been through."

Ronaldo's prominence on the international stage and his reputation as one of the most talented young players in world football sometimes glosses over the fact that he is still a young player honing his game.

"It is a problem because there are high expectations. There is an expectancy to win every game," admits the manager.

"But long-term we’re confident about him and the player he will become."
  • Options
    Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    ***BOCA JUNIORS TRICHAMPIONS 2005***

1. Recopa
    2. Argentine Apertura Tournament
    3. Southamerican Cup

YEAH BABY!!!! :D:D:D

What a game!! Did anyone watch it??? It was INCREDIBLE.

GO XENEIZES!!!!!! :D This team NEVER lets me down. What a birthday gift for me!!! :D:D:D LOL.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Options
    maybe rio doesn´t play tonight:(

fergi you can´t do that :D....grrrr
  • Options
    maybe rio doesn´t play tonight:(

fergi you can´t do that :D....grrrr

its cos he's too busy tightening his cornrolls!!!!! ;)
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    its cos he's too busy tightening his cornrolls!!!!! ;)

be quite in the second bank;)

anyways he was suptitute @the wigan match couse he complains about a thigting up in his knee ..........
  • Options
    be quite in the second bank;)

anyways he was suptitute @the wigan match couse he complains about a thigting up in his knee ..........

ah poor baby! might need him for the next game more!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    ah poor baby! might need him for the next game more!

:p:p:p

he´s not a baby -it can happen to anyone:p:D

and he played after this match and i think and hope he plays today -he have to....:p
    (for me lol)
  • Options
    :p:p:p

he´s not a baby -it can happen to anyone:p:D

and he played after this match and i think and hope he plays today -he have to....:p
    (for me lol)

hehe!!! only joking matey!!:)

he will have to be fit for when you play the mighty reds so best to rest him now!!!! ;)
  • Options
    hehe!!! only joking matey!!:)

he will have to be fit for when you play the mighty reds so best to rest him now!!!! ;)

okey matey!!anyways he played @ the villa match so maybe he will be sub....today
  • Options
    okey matey!!anyways he played @ the villa match so maybe he will be sub....today

lets hope so! and he gets involved in a nasty tackle that has him out for a few weeks til after we play each other!!!!

(kidding);)
  • Options
    lets hope so! and he gets involved in a nasty tackle that has him out for a few weeks til after we play each other!!!!

(kidding);)
    i hope he never gets injured..with him playing,teams have a better chance of scoring against Manure

YNWA
  • Options

(kidding);)

that ain´t funny -i hope he stays long healthy ;)
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    i hope he never gets injured..with him playing,teams have a better chance of scoring against Manure

very true!! hehe!! especially cisse and mori!!!
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:

i hope also he never gots injured with him playing we will win:p:D
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    3 consecutive losses. If the Arse manage to sneak through for a Champions League spot for next season, they should seek out whoever cast this spell of luck and build an altar for her.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    for you??.........
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    3 consecutive losses. If the Arse manage to sneak through for a Champions League spot for next season, they should seek out whoever cast this spell of luck and build an altar for her.
    its very funny how last season Liverpool struggled and their rivals Everton finished top 4.
    this season it looks like ARSE-anal will lose a euro spot to rivals Sperms..interesting..:)

YNWA
  • Options
    Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho was named FIFA Player of the Year for the second season in a row, finishing ahead of Chelsea's Frank Lampard and his Barcelona team-mate Samuel Eto'o.

Thierry Henry, Adriano and Andriy Shevchenko also finished ahead of Gerrard, but the Liverpool skipper picked up more votes than Kaka, Ronaldo, David Beckham, Wayne Rooney and Zinedine Zidane on his way to finishing in seventh place.

The top 20 were: Ronaldinho (Barcelona), Lampard (Chelsea), Eto'o (Barcelona), Henry (Arsenal), Adriano (Inter), Shevchenko, Gerrard (Liverpool), Kaka, Maldini, Drogba (Chelsea), Ballack (Bayern Munich), Ronaldo (Real Madrid), Zidane (Real Madrid), Ibrahimovic (Juventus), Deco (Barcelona), Riquelme (Villarreal), Robinho (Real Madrid), Beckham (Real Madrid), Rooney (Man Utd), C Ronaldo (Man Utd).

YNWA
  • Options
    he deserve that for beeing no 1

two united players;)
  • Options
    Year Place Player Nationality Position

1st Ronaldinho Brazil Midfield
    2nd Frank Lampard England Midfield
    3rd Samuel Eto'o Cameroon Striker

1st Ronaldinho Brazil Midfield
    2nd Thierry Henry France Striker