The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• AxlUlrich wrote:
    its the same thing like you don't need to burn yourself to know fire burns ;)

was a great game for us..amazing team performance..the confidence is just growing and everyone is playing well.
    i wonder if we do make any January buys whether they would disrupt the good form.

grrrrrrrrrrrr .........

nice to hear that lol

and by the way rio is a good guy
    and he loves kids
    and he loves to help people
    ok he have the money for it ...
    i´m reading now old articles from him
    and i think as it seems he´ve learn from his misstakes ....
  • HSV wants to buy Podolski !!!
    Wow so now Bayern isn´t the only club who wants him...
    but has to deside ....
    if i would be him i would never go to bayern Munic:D:p
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    i think he will still go to Bayern though
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    i think he will still go to Bayern though

mmh i think so too ....but hey maybe he change his mind bec. in munic he would be just one player but in hamburg he would be a player of a team ;)
    mmh i think so too ....but hey maybe he change his mind bec. in munic he would be just one player but in hamburg he would be a player of a team ;)
    seldom do players nowadays think that way...but you can hope..
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    seldom do players nowadays think that way...but you can hope..

we will see;)
  • HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    Liverpool did look bloody impressive. After this match, the 4-5-1 formation seems like history. Crouch has been good all season in holding the ball up and nodding down crosses to teammates, and he definitely did a ton of that yesterday. After two and a half years, Kewell seems to have finally recaptured his Leeds form- you know he's doing well when he's helping out in defence. Gerrard and Alonso are absolutely the ideal central midfield pairing. Where Liverpool can improve on is down the right. Yes, Luis Garcia does score goals, but his general play is just as frustrating to watch as, er, Heskey.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Hinny wrote:
    Liverpool did look bloody impressive. After this match, the 4-5-1 formation seems like history. Crouch has been good all season in holding the ball up and nodding down crosses to teammates, and he definitely did a ton of that yesterday. After two and a half years, Kewell seems to have finally recaptured his Leeds form- you know he's doing well when he's helping out in defence. Gerrard and Alonso are absolutely the ideal central midfield pairing. Where Liverpool can improve on is down the right. Yes, Luis Garcia does score goals, but his general play is just as frustrating to watch as, er, Heskey.

its nice for the first time in years to hear people say good things about liverpool,they usually say we were lucky but Rafa seems to have done something that works! he's my new surrogate father!!!!

kewell was quite impressive,he just needs to be a touch quicker on the ball.

i love garcia but yes,he is so frustrating! all can be forgiven though after the juve goal!!!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
    Hinny wrote:
    was a proud moment for all the fans to see them finally play attractive,score goals and defend after more than 15 years!
    Crouch is amazing and im so glad he is finally making the right headlines..so is Harry...he had a great first half..Ramage to me is one of the best young talents in the EPL and Harry ran past him with ease...but he still needs more time to recover 100%
    Luis Garcia is very frustrating to watch lol..but hey he is working much harder than last season and i appreciate effort.
    now all the fans can hope for is Cisse and Morientes to score more regularly when they get the chance to.
    i think Cisse will start at Goodison with Crouch and i hope he does grab a few goals

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    i think Cisse will start at Goodison with Crouch and i hope he does grab a few goals

hope so,he needs to be playing. cant wait for that game! im watching it with my sisters b/f and he is a bluenose!!!

COME ON REDMEN!!!
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
    hope so,he needs to be playing. cant wait for that game! im watching it with my sisters b/f and he is a bluenose!!!

COME ON REDMEN!!!
    ooh that should be an interesting game for you :D
    ah i hope Cisse does start...im not sure if Rafa is still pissed with Cisse or he has decided not to change a winning team for our league games so he sticks with Morientes.
    i think Warnock will come in for Riise too and probably Sissoko back in and Gerrard on the right.

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    ooh that should be an interesting game for you :D
    ah i hope Cisse does start...im not sure if Rafa is still pissed with Cisse or he has decided not to change a winning team for our league games so he sticks with Morientes.
    i think Warnock will come in for Riise too and probably Sissoko back in and Gerrard on the right.

i would keep riise in,he had a good game yesterday and is lookin like he might even get a goal,he likes to score against the blues!

i watched the blues in europe with my sisters b/f and he banned me from coming round after they got knocked out of the uefa cup!!! so i told him we are meeting on neutral ground to watch this one!!!!
    i would keep riise in,he had a good game yesterday and is lookin like he might even get a goal,he likes to score against the blues!

i watched the blues in europe with my sisters b/f and he banned me from coming round after they got knocked out of the uefa cup!!! so i told him we are meeting on neutral ground to watch this one!!!!
    i would too..but Rafa likes to rest Riise and rotate alot among the left sided players.

haha awesome...hope he enjoyed that one game in the Uefa cup cos the Championship aint gonna be that exciting next season ;)

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    i would too..but Rafa likes to rest Riise and rotate alot among the left sided players.

haha awesome...hope he enjoyed that one game in the Uefa cup cos the Championship aint gonna be that exciting next season ;)

riise is one you dont really need to rest,the guy is a robot,he can just keep running!! the rest of the team think him and cisse are the best athletes at the club!
    riise is one you dont really need to rest,the guy is a robot,he can just keep running!! the rest of the team think him and cisse are the best athletes at the club!
    Cisse maybe a great athlete but wow..he is lazy!

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    Cisse maybe a great athlete but wow..he is lazy!

true!!

baros played a blinder for villa too...................says it all..........:(
    true!!

baros played a blinder for villa too...................says it all..........:(
    well..Baros might have scored 2 goals..but he made the same mistakes he did when he played for us...long term i dont think he can score many goals.

YNWA
  • AxlUlrich wrote:
    well..Baros might have scored 2 goals..but he made the same mistakes he did when he played for us...long term i dont think he can score many goals.

he can link up with any striker and he will always score goals imo. he's lucky cos of his pace,remember how many owen used to miss?!

im just gonna talk about ex-reds strikers you hate now!!!!;)
    he can link up with any striker and he will always score goals imo. he's lucky cos of his pace,remember how many owen used to miss?!

im just gonna talk about ex-reds strikers you hate now!!!!;)
    nah well..i dont hate Owen that much...i still kept my Owen 18 kit lol..
    but yeh..i like Baros but dont think he is good enough for Liverpool...especially hate it when he plays with his head down..he needs to know where other players are
    we still havent found a striker who will ensure 20-25 goals.

YNWA
  • 31st December: Home vs Bolton Wanderers
    New Years Eve and it's Sir Alex's birthday. Let us hope he doesn't go to heavy on the celebratory wine before this game!!! Another fine season for Bolton so far and this time they have the boast that they are still in Europe competition and mighty Manchester United are not. Who would ever have thought such a perverted thing could happen?

A large multi-national squad of seasoned internationals has been the main reason behind Sam Allardyce's success in recent years and he must rank as the most successful English born manager around - having taken his side into Europe without the same monetary resources as Steve McClaren at Middlesbrough. One suspects should he ever be tempted to a new job elsewhere, (England manager?) Bolton's success may mysteriously stop.....

Allardyce will opt for a stifling 4-5-1 formation with Kevin Davies up front and El-Hadji Diouf / Stelios Giannakopoulos nestling behind. However the solitary striker has been poorly this season scoring only twice. Scouse midfielder Kevin Nolan is the current top scorer and Jared Borgetti, along with Diouf and Stelios will provide a host of threats to Edwin's goal.

The Wanderers lofty table position is due to a strong home record, notably beating Arsenal 2-0 but a recent 4-0 romp at Goodison Park showed their growing confidence. Apart from a 5-1 mauling at Stamford Bridge, Bolton have been solid defensively with plenty of clean sheets and rarely conceding more than one goal per game.

The Trotters have a reasonable record at United, having escaped 3 times in the 6 Premiership encounters without defeat. The corresponding fixture last term took place over the festive period last season as with a 2-0 win for United. With home form being uncertain this season for Fergie's fighters, Bolton will fancy their chance of stealing a point.

and i give a party on that day-hope i can do it massive as ever so nobody of my guest will forget it;)
  • this is intresting ;):

Marcus Neumayr
    Shirt Number: -
    Position: Midfielder
    Date of Birth: September 24, 1985
    Birthplace: Frankfurt
    Height: 6' 2''
    Profile:
    Ex Eintracht Frankfurt's 18-year-old Marcus Neumayr is a hot prospect for the future. If he makes the first team he will become United's first ever German player.
  • We need to share goals around - Rio
    Tuesday December 27 2005

Rio Ferdinand believes it is time Manchester United started spreading the goals around.

After taking 140 games to score his first goal for the Red Devils, Ferdinand netted for the second successive home game when he steered home an excellent header in the comfortable 3-0 Barclays Premiership win over West Brom.

"If we are going to win anything, we have to share the goals around," said the England defender.

"I have been lucky to get my head onto two quality crosses recently and put them both away, which is good for myself and the team.

"We all have to chip in with a few rather than leave it to the strikers. It was always the case before and we must do it again."

Ferdinand's new-found scoring prowess is part of an overall improvement in his performances over recent weeks.

The 28-year-old's hesitancy was a significant factor in United's stumbling start to the season but confidence is now surging, as it is throughout the club.

Not only did Ferdinand score on Boxing Day, he also helped create the opener for Paul Scholes with a forceful charge up field and a neat lay-off to Park Ji-sung.

It is the type of ball-playing ability that persuaded Sir Alex Ferguson to smash the British transfer record to sign Ferdinand from Leeds in 2002. And the former West Ham star has revealed his manager has given him the green light to carry on attacking - providing he does not mess up.

"If I come out at the right time, the manager says it is okay," said Ferdinand. "But obviously, if I lose the ball that wouldn't be too clever."
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    ladygodiva-me take it you are german, but axl-what nationality are you? just curious?? not sure mansons bed constitutes a national territory......but it might, who am I to say
  • elmer wrote:
    ladygodiva-me take it you are german, but axl-what nationality are you? just curious?? not sure mansons bed constitutes a national territory......but it might, who am I to say

yes your right :D
  • 11/03/06 Manchester United-Newcastle United 15:00 PREM H

i wanna be there -ive hollidays there but i´ve no clue how to get tickets
    damn i have to be there
    it will cost me a lot but i do that i think :D

Manchester and Old Trafford i´m coming:D
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    yes your right :D
    to what extent is the prem shown on free german tv? I mean is it? cos I know that in Irelamd they get a live game every fixture weekend and an earlier overall programme..........
  • elmer wrote:
    to what extent is the prem shown on free german tv? I mean is it? cos I know that in Irelamd they get a live game every fixture weekend and an earlier overall programme..........

not anymore but i´ve got now a net radio with it and it´s cool and i´m learning some bristish english lol
  • let´s sing along:

hen you walk through the storm
    Hold your head up high
    And don't be afraid of the dark

At the end of the storm
    there's a golden sky
    And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on through the wind
    Walk on through the rain
    Though your dreams be tossed and blown

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone
    You'll never walk alone

Walk on walk on with hope in your heart
    And you'll never walk alone
    You'll never walk alone

:D;):p
    let´s sing along:
    hen you walk through the storm
    :D;):p
    whats this?! the Chicken Little remix with hens ?!!

its ok..we dont need Manure fans tainting our lovely song..Celtic is enough.

YNWA