The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• It's possible!!
    Man U beat the scum, opps i mean celtic :D

yea it seems so but i was talking about hsv well sanogo made a goal now and two minutes left...
  • yea it seems so but i was talking about hsv well sanogo made a goal now and two minutes left...

Yes but..has Arsenal won at their new stadium yet? have they won a home game.. ;)
  • Yes but..has Arsenal won at their new stadium yet? have they won a home game.. ;)

well and sanogo has beat lehmann so there is a chance for us;)

and maybe by than vdv is fit and de jong has a run
    and our solin is fit too ....
    who was it again...arsenal

but the good news is that porto and
    moskau just played 0:0
  • evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    It's possible!!
    Man U beat the scum, opps i mean celtic :D

uncalled for.

who are you playing? oh thats right Molde in the qualifying round for the UEFA Cup. thats the cup that was pish when celtic got to the final a couple of years ago can you remember that?
    Hail Hail
  • Riquelme just announced that he's retiring from international footbal, he won't play for Argentina anymore...
    speaking as a child of the 90's
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Towerman wrote:
    Riquelme just announced that he's retiring from international footbal, he won't play for Argentina anymore...

WHAT?!?!?! :eek: are you serious????

DAMN...... :S isn't him kinda young for that? :o

haha, he'll regret it when he sees his old teamates with the cup in 2010 ;) hahahahhahahahaha :D

EDIT: just heard it on the news :( it's because his mother is very sick and stuff. Hope they can get through this.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    WHAT?!?!?! :eek: are you serious????

DAMN...... :S isn't him kinda young for that? :o

haha, he'll regret it when he sees his old teamates with the cup in 2010 ;) hahahahhahahahaha :D

EDIT: just heard it on the news :( it's because his mother is very sick and stuff. Hope they can get through this.

wish for them that all be allright!!!
  • this saturday Dortmund vs hsv hope we can win this now !!!!!
    sorry axl
  • bad news for Manu :Giggs is out for three weeks hamstring injury....:(:(
  • 40 matches today in the 1st round of the uefa cup

west ham meets up with palermo this will be hard for the hammers i think

and ajax plays today too (but i forget vs who:p) ....

and so many more i think 4 german teams are playing
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    40 matches today in the 1st round of the uefa cup

west ham meets up with palermo this will be hard for the hammers i think

and ajax plays today too (but i forget vs who:p) ....

and so many more i think 4 german teams are playing

This is my day:

Nederland 3 (20:00 - 0:00)
    AZ - Kayserispor
    Vitoria Setubal - Heerenveen

RTL 7 (18:00 - 22:30)
    IK Start - Ajax
    Lokomotive Sofia - Feyenoord

RTV Noord (18:30 - 20:30)
    Partizan Belgrado - Groningen

I have to choose and on the German television there is also football :D:D MAKE MY DAY.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    This is my day:

Nederland 3 (20:00 - 0:00)
    AZ - Kayserispor
    Vitoria Setubal - Heerenveen

RTL 7 (18:00 - 22:30)
    IK Start - Ajax
    Lokomotive Sofia - Feyenoord

RTV Noord (18:30 - 20:30)
    Partizan Belgrado - Groningen

I have to choose and on the German television there is also football :D:D MAKE MY DAY.

i know so hope you choose the right matches;)
  • evo wrote:
    uncalled for.

who are you playing? oh thats right Molde in the qualifying round for the UEFA Cup. thats the cup that was pish when celtic got to the final a couple of years ago can you remember that?

Evo we're old firm fans, c'mon wot do u expect! We love to hate each other you're lying if you say different. I have lots of friends who support celtic, well living in Glasgow obviously i do, it's all a bit of banter. I actually find myself sticking up for celtic sometimes on a board like this (worldwide) as the SPL gets dissed so much :)

We play Bratislava tonight..no no wait..it's Molde :D;)
    i know so hope you choose the right matches;)

Off Course I do, daar heb ik een neusje voor. ;)
    I actually find myself sticking up for celtic sometimes on a board like this (worldwide) as the SPL gets dissed so much :)

What do you expect, that were going to watch Falkirk - Kilmarnock. No Scotland has only 2 good teams and in Holland you have only 3 good teams.
  • Klumpie wrote:
    What do you expect, that were going to watch Falkirk - Kilmarnock. No Scotland has only 2 good teams and in Holland you have only 3 good teams.

People do underestimate other Scottish clubs. Look at Celtic last night, they were holding Man U at Old Trafford in the Champions League yet couple weeks ago they could only manage a draw against Inverness. Us to we drew with Dunfermline. Scottish football is very physical game, every game is hard fought, i'll always stick up for my league..even if some games are a sausage ;)
    People do underestimate other Scottish clubs. Look at Celtic last night, they were holding Man U at Old Trafford in the Champions League yet couple weeks ago they could only manage a draw against Inverness. Us to we drew with Dunfermline. Scottish football is very physical game, every game is hard fought, i'll always stick up for my league..even if some games are a sausage ;)

I know I know. It's the same here in Holland PSV can win of Lyon, ManU or Milan. And the other week they can loose of Sparta, Willem II or Twente.

But this teams can't win of ManU or Lyon. PSV play always better in the European competitions then in their own. Because in the own competition they can play on half power.
  • Well, I guess all the Riquelme-bashers will be happy today. No need to worry about criticizing his performances in an Argentinian jersey anymore. As Nixon once said (and to paraphrase), they won't have Juan to kick around anymore.
    dkst0426 wrote:
    Well, I guess all the Riquelme-bashers will be happy today. No need to worry about criticizing his performances in an Argentinian jersey anymore. As Nixon once said (and to paraphrase), they won't have Juan to kick around anymore.

It's sad in a way :( but maybe is a good change.

Mmmmm....Insua could do wonders for the team...or Aimar...

I don't know. But I suppose it would be a breath of fresh air and blood for the team.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Off Course I do, daar heb ik een neusje voor. ;)

ok ;) have fun:)
  • I guess. After all, there are plenty of people who think they themselves could do a better job, or could come up with a list of other players whom they think could do a better job, despite the fact that the most common candidate (Messi) plays a different position, and the other most common candidate (Aimar) is only a year younger than Riquelme.

It's a great loss for Argentina, right when they have the pieces in place to muster up a strong challenge in 2010. Oh well.
  • ubs what did i read ? oh my god Eriksson is on the way to take the place of pardew ? no way i hope that isn´t true...
  • Towerman wrote:
    Riquelme just announced that he's retiring from international footbal, he won't play for Argentina anymore...

WTF¡¡¡¡ :mad: Now, that's bad news...he's a fucking crack!!!
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    Evo we're old firm fans, c'mon wot do u expect! We love to hate each other you're lying if you say different. I have lots of friends who support celtic, well living in Glasgow obviously i do, it's all a bit of banter. I actually find myself sticking up for celtic sometimes on a board like this (worldwide) as the SPL gets dissed so much :)

We play Bratislava tonight..no no wait..it's Molde :D;)

fair enough. i was rather drunk last nite. we are still going to hammer you next saturday tho!!

lets hope we can agree on one thing...that hearts get pumped!!
    Hail Hail
  • evo wrote:
    fair enough. i was rather drunk last nite. we are still going to hammer you next saturday tho!!

lets hope we can agree on one thing...that hearts get pumped!!

Wot a good night for you! Hearts beat and us with a goalless draw :rolleyes: lucky we'll tank them at Ibrox ! A hope!!

As for the old firm..we'll see ;)
    dkst0426 wrote:
    I guess. After all, there are plenty of people who think they themselves could do a better job, or could come up with a list of other players whom they think could do a better job, despite the fact that the most common candidate (Messi) plays a different position, and the other most common candidate (Aimar) is only a year younger than Riquelme.

It's a great loss for Argentina, right when they have the pieces in place to muster up a strong challenge in 2010. Oh well.

A loss... yes it is. But either way, one must realize that although he's a good player, he's not as good as he was in 99 or the early 2000s. It is a loss, but it's not a tragic one, since he's not irreplaceable. Argentina will do fine with or without him. There are a lot of young and/or local players who can do the job. Insua would do good me thinks (not a local anymore though, he plays in Germany now).

Either way, with Basile as coach and a LOT of Boca players to be called by him, we'll be more than fine ;) Specially if Palacio and Palermo play. And yes, I will even dare to say I prefer Palacio over Tevez or Messi. ha! :p

EDIT: I think we could end up having more of a chance to raise the cup with the 2010 squad than with the last one (hopeful thinking...). There are many promising players most people haven't even heard of before.

♪ Juli ♪
    :D:D:D BOCA CHAMPION OF THE RECOPA!!!!!!!!!! KING OF CUPS!! :D:D:D

Now we can officially say that we're the King of Cups!!!! with 16 international titles, we just became the team with the most international titles in the WORLD, leaving AC Milan, Real Madrid, and Independiente behind with 15 cups. And our coach won EVERYTHING he played for with this team! (GRANDE COCO!!! :) )

BOCA ES UN SENTIMIENTO!!!! VAMOS TODOS LOS XENEIZES POR EL TRICAMPEONATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

GRACIAS A TODA MI FAMILIA POR SER BOSTERA CARAJO!!!! ;) hahahahaha.

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    :D:D:D BOCA CHAMPION OF THE RECOPA!!!!!!!!!! KING OF CUPS!! :D:D:D

Now we can officially say that we're the King of Cups!!!! with 16 international titles, we just became the team with the most international titles in the WORLD, leaving AC Milan, Real Madrid, and Independiente behind with 15 cups. And our coach won EVERYTHING he played for with this team! (GRANDE COCO!!! :) )

BOCA ES UN SENTIMIENTO!!!! VAMOS TODOS LOS XENEIZES POR EL TRICAMPEONATO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

GRACIAS A TODA MI FAMILIA POR SER BOSTERA CARAJO!!!! ;) hahahahaha.

Congrats Jool that is freakin great achievement!! ..and 1 in the eye for River plate ;)
    Elevemos toda el alma en la humilde canción
    renovando con cariño la ingenua ilusión.
    Y con lazos triunfaremos trataremos de unir
    el glorioso pasado y el brillante porvenir.

River Plate, tu grato nombre
    derrotado o vencedor
    siempre, cual un solo hombre,
    nos tendrá a su alrededor.
    Mientras viva tu bandera
    la izaremos con honor!!!

River Plate, en ese nombre,
    de tan dulce vibración
    hay un eco que estremece
    y agiganta el corazón...
    Mientras viva tu bandera
    la izaremos con honor!!!

River Plate, tu grato nombre,
    clamaremos con amor...
    Nuestra sangre está cruzada
    en tu blanco pabellón.
    Mientras viva tu bandera
    la izaremos con honor!!!

C'mon River Plate :p:p
  • EVERTON 3 THE SHITE 0
    need i say more!
    Andy Johnson has brought out a new CD.
    he's called it "Reina drops keep fallin on my head"
    Ah yeah, can you see them out on the porch?
    Yeah, but they don't wave.