The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Australia lost 2-0 to Kuwait last night.
    I only lied because it was the easiest way to get what I wanted.
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Baystone wrote:
    Australia lost 2-0 to Kuwait last night.

ouch! :S
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • Klumpie wrote:
    Years Club Apps (goals)
    1999-01 Manchester United 1 (0)

Dingdingding :D
  • MrBrian wrote:
    what he did was wrong, but should that take away from the years of amazing football he's given?
    No, but the sad fact is pro athletes are generally remembered best for 3 things:

1. How they burst onto the scene.
    2. Their finest moment.
    3. How they left the scene.
  • MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,672
    dkst0426 wrote:
    No, but the sad fact is pro athletes are generally remembered best for 3 things:

1. How they burst onto the scene.
    2. Their finest moment.
    3. How they left the scene.

yeah dude, that's true.
  • Northern Ireland defeated Spain!!!??? Now it's been confirmed (again), Spain is such an overrated team.
    I feel very close to you all now; so close I could almost... loan you money. Really. it goes that deep.
    -Tom Waits-

Everybody should believe in something...I believe i'll have another drink - anonymous -

Ah that's just drunk talk, sweet beautiful drunk talk.
    -Barney Gumble-
  • Northern Irealand defeated Spain!!!??? Now it's been confirmed (again), Spain is such an overrated team.

yeah, they're way overrated... foreigners are the ones that make their clubs so good.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
    Recopa Sudamericana first final:

Boca 2- Sao Paulo 1

:D:D:D THANK GOD FOR RODRIGO PALACIO!!!! :D:D:D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Recopa Sudamericana first final:

Boca 2- Sao Paulo 1

:D:D:D THANK GOD FOR RODRIGO PALACIO!!!! :D:D:D

I saw the game..., easily at the end could've been 3-1 or 4-1. Palacio is so good really, he has a great future ahead of him. same with Gago, hopefully they won't sell them to Europe to soon.
    Towerman wrote:
    I saw the game..., easily at the end could've been 3-1 or 4-1. Palacio is so good really, he has a great future ahead of him. same with Gago, hopefully they won't sell them to Europe to soon.

Yes, I really really hope they don't sell them soon :(

Now, the good thing about Basile being the national team's coach, is that he will most definitely call Gago and Palacio, plus a whole bunch of other Boca players to the team :D

There's gonna be a HUGE problem with the Arg. vs Spain game and the Boca vs. River game that's being played a few days before or after the international friendly. It seems Basile will want to take a LOT of Boca players and maybe 1 River player.....it's gonna be a big deal...people are gonna get mad :D hahaha. Let's see whether the clubs let the players go the match versus Spain, or if they try to keep them for the Superclasico.

♪ Juli ♪
    Towerman wrote:

and yep....it could've ended 3-1 or 4-1. I hope that doesn't come back to hunt us on the next match :S

♪ Juli ♪
  • PeryPery Posts: 1,740
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Yes, I really really hope they don't sell them soon :(

Now, the good thing about Basile being the national team's coach, is that he will most definitely call Gago and Palacio, plus a whole bunch of other Boca players to the team :D

There's gonna be a HUGE problem with the Arg. vs Spain game and the Boca vs. River game that's being played a few days before or after the international friendly. It seems Basile will want to take a LOT of Boca players and maybe 1 River player.....it's gonna be a big deal...people are gonna get mad :D hahaha. Let's see whether the clubs let the players go the match versus Spain, or if they try to keep them for the Superclasico.

I personally prefer to win the Superclásico than an ARg vs Spain...Against Spain, it's only a friendly, but against River .....arjjjjjj
    Buenos Aires 25 - 11 - 2005
    Buenos Aires 26 - 11 - 2005

********Proud 2 b Jammer!*******
    Pery wrote:
    I personally prefer to win the Superclásico than an ARg vs Spain...Against Spain, it's only a friendly, but against River .....arjjjjjj

Well DUH! :D me too. I'm hoping the clubs get to keep the players. Well, at least Boca. I don't give a care whether River loses players or not...hahahahahha :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • Pery wrote:

there's only one Ortega and he plays for River ;)

so I'm very optimistic about this "clasico"
    Towerman wrote:
    there's only one Ortega and he plays for River ;)

so I'm very optimistic about this "clasico"

Well, you can count on HIM, I'm pretty damn sure he won't be called for the national team ;) I'm not the biggest fan of Ortega. I don't know why, but I don't like him that much, nor how he plays, lol. And no, it's not because he plays for River :)

Yes, you should be optimistic about the clasico because chances are Boca will be without most of its key players, so it'll be like playing a team of substitutes ;) you wouldn't be playing mega super full strength Boca that's winning everything lately! :p I bet that's conforting :D (j/k)

Either way, Palacio and Palermo will take care of them ;) (if they're not playing against Spain...) or heck, how about Schelotto coming in during the last 10 minutes and scoring a goal and a penalty kick? :D heheheheh.

♪ Juli ♪
  • hey there tommorow hsv new team;) has the first match in the dfb Cup so go boys go!!!
    by the way trochowski is on the way to get big;)
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Well, you can count on HIM, I'm pretty damn sure he won't be called for the national team ;) I'm not the biggest fan of Ortega. I don't know why, but I don't like him that much, nor how he plays, lol. And no, it's not because he plays for River :)

Yes, you should be optimistic about the clasico because chances are Boca will be without most of its key players, so it'll be like playing a team of substitutes ;) you wouldn't be playing mega super full strength Boca that's winning everything lately! :p I bet that's conforting :D (j/k)

Either way, Palacio and Palermo will take care of them ;) (if they're not playing against Spain...) or heck, how about Schelotto coming in during the last 10 minutes and scoring a goal and a penalty kick? :D heheheheh.

hahahah, please don't mention Schelotto

but truly it makes me happy to see Ortega back in River and I know that against Boca is his chance to shine big time again like the old days with Francescoli so I could see him giving 110% in the clasico. And I hope too that Basile won't call any Boca players so that way your "mega super full strength team" wouldn't have any excuses. :)
  • hey there tommorow hsv new team;) has the first match in the dfb Cup so go boys go!!!
    by the way trochowski is on the way to get big;)

don't know if you saw this but your striker Guerrero scored in a friendly match Peru 1 vs Ecuador 1.... I know he's not doing that well at Hamburg yet
  • Towerman wrote:
    don't know if you saw this but your striker Guerrero scored in a friendly match Peru 1 vs Ecuador 1.... I know he's not doing that well at Hamburg yet

no i missed that ...well he will find his way in hamburg soon and than he is gold for us i belive ...so he performed well?
    Towerman wrote:
    And I hope too that Basile won't call any Boca players so that way your "mega super full strength team" wouldn't have any excuses. :)

hahah :D true. If River wins against a substitute team, you better believe it's not gonna be the same ;) and the excuse is there :D

but if you win against the starter team....then we'll have to just shut up I guess :D

♪ Juli ♪
  • no i missed that ...well he will find his way in hamburg soon and than he is gold for us i belive ...so he performed well?

I just saw the goal on GoalTV... "Pizza" set it up for him with a header
  • Pearl_Juli wrote:

if you win against the starter team....then we'll have to just shut up I guess :D

It's gonna be so difficult, Boca is playing really good right now but you know how they say "anything could happen in a CLasico"... its a totally diferent game
  • Towerman wrote:
    I just saw the goal on GoalTV... "Pizza" set it up for him with a header

well it sounds good oh well there is no" pizza" here but he knows troche very well and he is gettin to be a very good player ;)
  • well it sounds good oh well there is no" pizza" here but he knows troche very well and he is gettin to be a very good player ;)

I'm rooting for him too, he has the potential
  • Towerman wrote:
    I'm rooting for him too, he has the potential

that´s for shure i saw him for our U 21 playing and i just say wow!!!
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Tomorrow or today is Willem II against PSV, without Kluivert and Tardelli. But with Kromkamp.
    Towerman wrote:
    It's gonna be so difficult, Boca is playing really good right now but you know how they say "anything could happen in a CLasico"... its a totally diferent game

Yep Yep. It's a whole different thing.

♪ Juli ♪
    Klumpie wrote:
    Tomorrow or today is Willem II against PSV, without Kluivert and Tardelli. But with Kromkamp.

Random question:

Does the Klu in Klumpie have anything to do with Kluivert?

♪ Juli ♪
  • Klumpie wrote:

good luck;)