Options

The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh he should get at least 6 games!

ive heard some pundits saying ten games cos he's got away with it too many times now.

was in the charlton game he got off with it before?

he's a class player,he doesnt need to fly in and wreck someones career......
    When I was born, the doctor came out to the waiting room and said to my father, I'm very sorry. We did everything we could. But he pulled through......
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    ive heard some pundits saying ten games cos he's got away with it too many times now.

was in the charlton game he got off with it before?

he's a class player,he doesnt need to fly in and wreck someones career......
    was against Bolton at Stamford Bridge..think Ben Haim was the victim
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh he should get at least 6 games!

yea ya right...i hate such actions ....
  • Options
    hello anyways united youngsters are playing today ;)
  • Options
    Hamburger SV : Slavia Prag
    2 : 0 yea yea yea:D:p strike what nice days i had;)
  • Options
    this saturday:

Aston Villa v United

united will blow villa away:D

come on rooney
    rio :p;)
    rud
  • Options
    this saturday:

Aston Villa v United

united will blow villa away:D

come on rooney
    rio :p;)
    rud
    come on Villains!
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

YNWA
  • Options
    Rafael Benitez today spoke for the first time about the sad death of his father Francisco earlier this week and vowed to throw himself into his work to help him get through this difficult time.
    Benitez heard of his father's death in the build-up to Thursday's World Club Championship semi-final against Deportivo Saprissa, but was unable to return in time for the funeral.

He now plans to travel to Spain to see his mother and the rest of his family upon Liverpool's return from Japan.

Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I was in Madrid a couple of times because my father has been ill for the last few months.

"I was talking to my mother, sister and brother when my father died. We tried to go there but in Spain you do not have the time. They couldn't delay the funeral.

"I couldn't go so I decided to stay here. I will go and see my mother next week so for me it is perhaps better to concentrate on working. You can be very upset but if you are working sometimes you can just think about your work. My mother is there though and I will try to be with her as soon as possible.

"The only thing I can do now is try to do my best for my team and think about my father."

Everyone at Liverpoolfc.tv and the club as a whole send their deepest condolences to Rafael, his mother and the entire Benitez family at this extremely sad time.

hope hes doing fine...shame he had to miss the funeral.
    for all it's glory..soccer sure is a job with too many sacrifices.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    come on Villains!

come on united!!!!;):p
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Rafael Benitez today spoke for the first time about the sad death of his father Francisco earlier this week and vowed to throw himself into his work to help him get through this difficult time.
    Benitez heard of his father's death in the build-up to Thursday's World Club Championship semi-final against Deportivo Saprissa, but was unable to return in time for the funeral.

He now plans to travel to Spain to see his mother and the rest of his family upon Liverpool's return from Japan.

Benitez told Liverpoolfc.tv: "I was in Madrid a couple of times because my father has been ill for the last few months.

"I was talking to my mother, sister and brother when my father died. We tried to go there but in Spain you do not have the time. They couldn't delay the funeral.

"I couldn't go so I decided to stay here. I will go and see my mother next week so for me it is perhaps better to concentrate on working. You can be very upset but if you are working sometimes you can just think about your work. My mother is there though and I will try to be with her as soon as possible.

"The only thing I can do now is try to do my best for my team and think about my father."

Everyone at Liverpoolfc.tv and the club as a whole send their deepest condolences to Rafael, his mother and the entire Benitez family at this extremely sad time.

hope hes doing fine...shame he had to miss the funeral.
    for all it's glory..soccer sure is a job with too many sacrifices.

that´s hard ...all in my thoughts and prayers i put him and his family...
  • Options
    that´s hard ...all in my thoughts and prayers i put him and his family...
    yup..hard especially cos he had to miss the funeral...glad he is strong enough to deal with tragedy and do his job well.

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yup..hard especially cos he had to miss the funeral...glad he is strong enough to deal with tragedy and do his job well.

well i am fair enough to say i hope that too ...it´s hard to deal with such no matter which club somebody plays for ...
  • Options
    well i am fair enough to say i hope that too ...it´s hard to deal with such no matter which club somebody plays for ...
    well..if tragedy hit a Manure player..i would feel sorry too..im not that heartless you know...lol

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    well..if tragedy hit a Manure player..i would feel sorry too..im not that heartless you know...lol

i know;) me to i´m not heartless ....
  • Options
    i know;) me to i´m not heartless ....
    but heartless enough to force us to look at Rio and Gaynaldo pictures :(;)

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    but heartless enough to force us to look at Rio and Gaynaldo pictures :(;)

well no more ronaldo pics but you´ve to live sometimes with rio´s ok;)
    it´s a deal????
  • Options
    well no more ronaldo pics but you´ve to live sometimes with rio´s ok;)
    it´s a deal????
    thats why i love the pit..you can't host pictures..so i can just dont click the links *phew :D

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    thats why i love the pit..you can't host pictures..so i can just dont click the links *phew :D

:p:p:p
    :D:D:
  • Options
    the youngsters can win:p too;)

Accomplished U18s Display Sees Reds Through

FA Youth Cup Third Round
    Birmingham City 0
    Manchester United 2
    St Andrews, Thursday 15 December

United began their attempt to win the FA Youth Cup for a tenth time in real style with a classy 2-0 win over Birmingham on Thursday.

A goal in each half from Sean Evans (pictured) secures a fourth round tie away to Sunderland in the New Year, but it was the quality of football from United’s youngsters that will have really impressed watching first-team boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

After a scrappy first ten minutes, United took control of the game and didn’t let go.

The lively and impressive Fraizer Campbell was unlucky on several occasions not to score, but the 18-year-old’s performance won’t have gone unnoticed.

He had United’s first chance after five minutes. Full of energy and bursting with pace, he raced through on goal and lobbed the Birmingham goalkeeper but saw his shot cleared off the line by a Blues defender.

He then latched onto Sean Evans’ scuffed shot, but could find the side-netting from a tight angle.

The Huddersfield-born front man was also unfortunate with two long-range efforts later in the first half. First he was denied by the goalkeeper with a sweet volley from the edge of the box, before he sent a blistering 25-yard drive narrowly over the bar.

The breakthrough finally came six minutes from half time courtesy of an incisive Reds passing move.

Midfielder Danny Rose won possession on the left and played a one-two with Darron Gibson before spreading the play out wide to right-back Kieran Lee. Lee fed the ball down the line to David Gray, whose clever dummy created space for him to charge down the flank and cut his cross back to Sean Evans, who volleyed home the opener.

The Reds began the second half in equally impressive fashion, passing the ball confidently and keeping possession for long periods of the match.

United’s German goalkeeper Ron-Robert Zieler barely had a touch of the ball. That was mostly due to United's composed Belfast-born centre-halves, Craig Cathcart and Jonny Evans, who marshalled the defence brilliantly, not allowing Birmingham so much as a sniff of a chance.

Campbell continued to stand out with his ceaseless running and skilful touch. And it was the striker who created United’s second goal to kill off the tie after 71 minutes. It was a goal United fully deserved.

Ten yards inside the Reds’ half, Campbell spotted his strike partner Sean Evans making a forward run and picked him out with a perfectly flighted through-ball. Evans controlled the ball into his path with his chest and calmly finished past the goalkeeper.

Under18s coach Paul McGuinness will be delighted with the performance and relishing the prospect of taking his side to Sunderland in the next round in the New Year after such a comprehensive victory.

United: Zieler, Lee, Cathcart, Evans, J., Lea, Gray (Evans, C.), Gibson, Hewson (Mullan), Rose, Evans, S., Campbell (Burns).
  • Options
    U18s Duo Hoping For Youth Cup Success

United's Under-18s got off to a flying start in the FA Youth Cup with a 2-0 win over Birmingham on Thursday, and two of the youngsters are hoping to be a part of a trophy-winning team in the prestigious youth tournament.

Defender Jonny Evans captained the side while striker Sean Evans (the two aren't related) scored both goals in the victory.

The pair were pleased with the performance and are hoping to become a part of United's illustrious history by being in the side that lifts the trophy for a tenth time.

"Winning the trophy gets your name in Manchester United's history," 17-year-old Jonny told MUTV.

"You've seen it down the years, the players that do well in this competition invariably get chances in the first-team or end up playing regularly for United.

"I think you could tell from the smiles on everyone's faces that we were delighted to get through, even though it's just the third round. Hopefully we can go on from here."

Having gone out of the competition at the third round stage last season to Stoke City, Paul McGuinness' side were determined not to fall at the first hurdle again this year.

Two-goal hero, Sean, said United had to overcome some early nerves before they settled into an impressive passing display.

"There were a few nerves because we didn't want to get knocked out in the third round like we did last year," said the 18-year-old striker.

"we created quite a few chances, but it was tough. Birmingham were quick to close us down so we needed to play some good football to beat them.

"Once we scored, that settled us down and we could start playing football. I thought we played well."
  • Options
    this sunday the match in the german bundesliga:
    Bremen vs HSV
    the best striker vs the best deffendence
    of germany
  • Options
    elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    Uefa have meted out a two-game ban to Chelsea midfielder Michael Essien for his horror tackle on Liverpool's Dietmar Hamann earlier in the month.

Essien escaped punishment for the challenge in the goalless UEFA Champions League draw at Stamford Bridge on December 6 after German referee Herbert Fandel apparently failed to spot the incident.

However, after reviewing the tackle, European football's governing body decided to charge the Ghana international with gross unsporting conduct and put the matter before their control and disciplinary panel.

With Fifa president Sepp Blatter adding his voice to those calling for punishment it became clear that the former Lyon star would be castigated for the studs-first lunge.

His two-game suspension means he will now sit out both legs of Chelsea's next European clash with the draw for the knockout stages of the Champions League final 16 being held on Friday.

Essien has since issued an apology to Hamann for the tackle which the German described as the worst he had suffered in his career.
    .....the thing that struck me the most was his 'fuck it' attitude after having made the challenge, garcia came to remonstrate and essien appeared ready to swallow him, though garcia was sensible to walk away.
  • Options
    elmer wrote:
    .....the thing that struck me the most was his 'fuck it' attitude after having made the challenge, garcia came to remonstrate and essien appeared ready to swallow him, though garcia was sensible to walk away.
    yeh was like nothing happened!
    i understand soccer isnt ballet but dont gotta try and end the careers of fellow professionals

YNWA
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    yeh was like nothing happened!
    i understand soccer isnt ballet but dont gotta try and end the careers of fellow professionals

yea i agree with that ;)
  • Options
    ........am unsure though that essien actually had any intent, and this is near impossible to prove. His punishment however should be the same as if he had actually snapped hamanns' shin bone. In the past players like keane have got away with this and that but alway retaliatory and never quite as nasty looking, but essien.....wow.
  • Options
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    .....I agree with that..and the pics are too distracting from the text
  • Options
    HinnyHinny Posts: 1,610
    The Champions League 2nd round draw is all kinds of yummy

Chelsea - Barcelona - Holy crap!
    Real Madrid - Arsenal - Great players masquerading as a team vs players masquerading as a good team. Neither should progress pass the next round.
    Werder Bremen - Juventus
    Bayern - Milan - Holy crap!
    PSV - Lyon - The new dark horse vs the old dark horse-cum everyone's second UCL team. Should be fun to watch.
    Ajax - Inter - Inter
    Benfica - Liverpool - Reds
    Rangers - Villareal - The winner here should get hammered in the quarters.
    Binary solo..000000100000111100001110
  • Options
    Hinny wrote:
    Rangers - Villareal - The winner here should get hammered in the quarters.
    i actually think these 2 clubs can go far in the competition along with Lyon if the draws continue to suit them.
    Villareal havent been great in the CL but been superb in the Primera Liga.
    Gers..well..poor league form but they might sneak in by getting an important away goal or sneaking in 1-0 wins

YNWA
  • Options
    it´s today that aston villa vs united:)

and united will win;)

4:0-this what i hope

rio;) rooney,rud rooney again lol;)
  • Options
    Half time

aston villa 0
    united 1 van Nistelrooy 10'

;):p;):)