The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    Post it I'll check it for you.

What I said was Heb je daar wel kaas van gegeten.

Have you eaten cheese from that. It is a Dutch saying, it is a question meaning; Do you have knowledge about that subject.

Why do you like it so much? Why does it look cool?

I don't know...it just looks cool, lol. Like the words and stuff, the spelling, all the people with last names Van Something :D it's just...COOL! :p haha. I would learn it...but it seems a bit hard to do :o

This is what I have:

"Ik zou willen samenkomen"
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Towerman wrote:
    when Barcelona played in NY last week, in the press conference Rijkaard was answering questions perfectly in like 4 languages...now that's crazy

No that is Dutch. Small country with business and adventure at heart.We sailed the seas to trade and he who trades needs to speak. I only speak Dutch and English, but in school you can do and for some have to do. Franch, German, English, Latin, Spanish, Griek.

Still it is very good that he does speak 4 langueges, quite an achievement.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    Towerman wrote:
    when Barcelona played in NY last week, in the press conference Rijkaard was answering questions perfectly in like 4 languages...now that's crazy

I wish I could speak a lot of languages.

I plan on learning Italian, French, and Portuguese. Mainly because they're the easiest ones for me, since they're similar to Spanish.

German and Dutch I would like to learn, but I don't know if I'll be able to. I'm gonna have to study and practice A LOT in order to learn the languages. But who knows, maybe with a lot of effort, I ended up speaking them fairly well! :p

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    I don't know...it just looks cool, lol. Like the words and stuff, the spelling, all the people with last names Van Something :D it's just...COOL! :p haha. I would learn it...but it seems a bit hard to do :o

This is what I have:

"Ik zou willen samenkomen"

The G is the hardest thing and the spelling changes so often it is insane.

Here goes; I would like to come together.
    Not the hardest to translate it is pretty much the same. The position of the words quite often you have to switch them around to get anywhere near a grammatically correct sentence.
    The G is the hardest thing and the spelling changes so often it is insane.

Here goes; I would like to come together.
    Not the hardest to translate it is pretty much the same. The position of the words quite often you have to switch them around to get anywhere near a grammatically correct sentence.

ok...so how would you say: "Who I'd Like to Meet"?

♪ Juli ♪
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    Towerman wrote:
    yeah he's currently playing for Porto...
    and don't worry about the other thing, hehehhe

maybe another candidate for us;)

okey!!!
    I'll try to find the sounds in English.

Ma (short for mother)
    Tijh sounds like lei only with a T instead of an L
    Ssen Souds like sun.

If you say Mike Tyson very fast you are very close.:D Only jose the K

thank you,if time to work on that ;)
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Indeed :)

Except when you talk about football in German....THEN I'm completely lost! :D LOL!

no problem but sometimes i don´t know how to say or put that in english!!!
    HSV is in the market for Juan Pablo Sorín. At least I read that they were.

sure? than maybe on sunday we hae to newbies ??!!
  • vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    Hey, why are there Premiership matches here in the middle of the week? Is this a common occurrence? I thought that matches took place on weekends. I play in the I Know The Score competition on PremierLeague.com and almost missed my picks yesterday. I went to ESPN.com to see what time the Liverpool Champions League Qualifier was, and just happened to scroll down to see two matches on the schedule.
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
    So they did actually come for Mathijssen. HSV offered 6 million for him. I don't know how long his contract still is, but 6 million is a joke.

I do think the EUFA should do something about this last minute shopping. The season has already begun and clubs still don't know how the selection will look like. Ooijer and Vennegoor, Boulahrouz, Kuijt, and now Mathijssen and it also works on down. Utrecht losses Tiendalli. I hate this. I realize clubs like HSV have to wait until the Champions league shot is save. Still this is unfair. The big clubs from the big leagues do what they want and the rest should follow. Chelsea can buy Boulahrouz and Real can buy Diarra, player that are ready from the word go. HSV, Feyenoord, PSV, Celtic, Porto they can't afford players that are a sure thing. AZ can't get a defender with the same skill for 6 million. They have to buy a player that is less good but has the potential to grow. I think this has an element of unfair play.

Maybe the qualification could take place at the end of the season, but that would cause problems with the world cup. Still something has to be done.

it´s not fair but what should we do ...come on the bigger clubs sold out our whole good workin deffence and the transfermarket ain´t close yet but very soon so we made it fast.by the way why is 6 million a joke? and by the way contract for 4 years .and until next week we buy two more players .
    anyways bad news for us:atuba is maybe a element of uncertainty:(:(

it´s normal that bigger clubs bit for players of a smaller club that´s normal
    well the stuff is that Atubba has to much pain and injury ..the hsv doctor team tought they found the cose but it´s not gettin better...that´s so sad bec. he is an amazing foothballer and so nice as a person
    and the fans loves him
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    ok...so how would you say: "Who I'd Like to Meet"?

Was this what the translator on internet gave you?

Anyway;

Wie ik graag zou ontmoeten?
    vedhead011 wrote:
    Hey, why are there Premiership matches here in the middle of the week? Is this a common occurrence? I thought that matches took place on weekends. I play in the I Know The Score competition on PremierLeague.com and almost missed my picks yesterday. I went to ESPN.com to see what time the Liverpool Champions League Qualifier was, and just happened to scroll down to see two matches on the schedule.

that´s normal ...english clubs play more than for example german...
    He was player of the year in Portugal and a lot of people expected him to go to the world cup, Scolari left him out and so he played the under 21 Europaen championship. He has a good pass, cross and freekick.

sounds good:D
    it´s not fair but what should we do ...come on the bigger clubs sold out our whole good workin deffence and the transfermarket ain´t close yet but very soon so we made it fast.by the way why is 6 million a joke? and by the way contract for 4 years .and until next week we buy two more players .
    anyways bad news for us:atuba is maybe a element of uncertainty:(:(

it´s normal that bigger clubs bit for players of a smaller club that´s normal

You didn't read it close enough.

A. I meantioned Boulahrouz
    B. I didn't say it was bad that big clubs buy good players.

What I did say was that the time is wrong. The transfer window can't be open now the Competition has started and small clubs gat hurt because they can't replace a player on such sort notice.

Van Buyten has been bought quite some time ago. This gave HSV the time to look for a new player. Boulahrouz goes when you already are in the season. That is my point. It is unfair to smaller countries and smaller clubs.
    You didn't read it close enough.

A. I meantioned Boulahrouz
    B. I didn't say it was bad that big clubs buy good players.

What I did say was that the time is wrong. The transfer window can't be open now the Competition has started and small clubs gat hurt because they can't replace a player on such sort notice.

Van Buyten has been bought quite some time ago. This gave HSV the time to look for a new player. Boulahrouz goes when you already are in the season. That is my point. It is unfair to smaller countries and smaller clubs.

ubs ...sorry of course it wasn´t fair and the clubs i will hate forever are Bayern Munic and Chelsea
    bec. VB wasn´t that good when he came to us but we build him and than well they both him but he want to so good buy..
    and about boula it wasn´t fair for sure but the transfer is open i think til thuersday next week ...and i think the talking with matjisen has been longer or maybe the watching but i might be wrong
    bec. boula and him has the same adviser ...

and of course this politics aren´t nice but bayern munic or other bigger clubs do that most of the time
    Was this what the translator on internet gave you?

Anyway;

Wie ik graag zou ontmoeten?

Thanks! :D

Yeah, those online translators are wrong 90% of the time :S

♪ Juli ♪
    oh my god in two seconds kopenhagen is leading vs ajax so just two more and they are in the cl not ajax right?
    and manu has nobody now as it seems who can do a goal ....

and i forget chelsea is leading vs boro:(
    so what´s this in dutch i just jused a translator:

NIGEL, SO WILL HAMBURG DICH ÖFTERS SEHEN!!!
    What a blow to Dutch football. Just one club in the champions league. An own goal by Vermaelen cost Ajax dearly. He played really well. He wanted to change the path of a cross that came from direction wishing to make it a corner his slide to do so went wrong and he flicked it in his own goal.
    so what´s this in dutch i just jused a translator:

NIGEL, SO WILL HAMBURG DICH ÖFTERS SEHEN!!!

This isn't Dutch.
    This isn't Dutch.

it´s german can you try or give me a good translation?
    anyways i am sorry that only one dutch team just came into the cl!!
    oh cool Manu is leading;) Fletcher made it:D
    it´s german can you try or give me a good translation?
    anyways i am sorry that only one dutch team just came into the cl!!

Why? I don't understand why you want me to translate Germen into Dutch.

Thanks. Lucky that the team that is in is PSV.
    Why? I don't understand why you want me to translate Germen into Dutch.

Thanks. Lucky that the team that is in is PSV.

bec. i am startin to like that language....

you´re welcome ...well i can understand since yesteray i know how it feels when the fave team is in the cl;)
    Downing made a goal so it´s a draw now cool ...he should score again ....

why didn´t beiersdorfer watched out for him...maybe an option for next time ..

ubs it wasn´t downing so who made it i am confussed lol
    saha mde it :) so 0:2 for manu
  • dkst0426dkst0426 Posts: 523
    OLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Saha--2 games, 2 goals.

8 goals in 2 matches for United.

And Boro........well in!!!!! Absolutely horrible defending by Chelski today.