The AET Soccer/Football Thread

Comments

• karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    brhf9 wrote:
    if he gets to a 100 goals it would be awesome...

It would be almost as bizarre as Rene van Rijswijk who was a forward, not a striker but an attacker just the same, and he never scored a goal for NEC in more than three years. And yes he did play.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    OK it was some time ago. he is great. I went to the site once and couldn't find him. Later on I leard that he has a different name Carlosito or something like that. I prefer Tevez it is more powerful.

Carlitos :) Usually when a player it's good and loved by the people, sometimes they start to refer to them, and on their jerseys, by their first name or a nickname. Carlitos would be a nickname of Carlos, and it literally means "Little Carlos" lol :D

I don't know how many clubs do that, but I know Boca does/has done that with some of its players. Another one would be, Guillermo Barros-Schelotto, he's known as "Guillermo" (William) and that's what his jersey says. But when he first started in the club, many many years ago, his jersey read "Schelotto."
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪
    Pearl_Juli wrote:
    Carlitos :) Usually when a player it's good and loved by the people, sometimes they start to refer to them, and on their jerseys, by their first name or a nickname. Carlitos would be a nickname of Carlos, and it literally means "Little Carlos" lol :D

I don't know how many clubs do that, but I know Boca does/has done that with some of its players. Another one would be, Guillermo Barros-Schelotto, he's known as "Guillermo" (William) and that's what his jersey says. But when he first started in the club, many many years ago, his jersey read "Schelotto."

I knew about the little part. I didn't know about the changing. I thought Guillermo just sounded better.
  • TowermanTowerman Posts: 228
    what is the most goals a goalie made in one match?

I know for a fact that Chilavert once scored a hat-trick while playing for Velez Sarfield... two penaltys and a free kick I belive it was.
    speaking as a child of the 90's
    Towerman wrote:
    I know for a fact that Chilavert once scored a hat-trick while playing for Velez Sarfield... two penaltys and a free kick I belive it was.

No way. Hahahaha that is bizarre. did anyone else score?
    Pearl_Juli wrote:

I respect Schelotto for what he's won with Boca and all that but simply I just don't get why he is sooooooooo loved by Boca Juniors fans. I mean, these last few years they have had better players than him like Tevez, Palermo, Riquelme or Palacio but Schelotto is treated like a king, only 2nd to Maradona. He's probably the most annoying/whiner player ever, always bitching and shit... is not hard to understand why River Plate fans hate him so much... sorry but that's just my 2 cents
    No way. Hahahaha that is bizarre. did anyone else score?

yeah, it was crazy... I think the result was 5-1 or something like that
    Towerman wrote:
    yeah, it was crazy... I think the result was 5-1 or something like that

Imagine that you had tickets to that match that would have been so cool.
    Towerman wrote:
    I respect Schelotto for what he's won with Boca and all that but simply I just don't get why he is sooooooooo loved by Boca Juniors fans. I mean, these last few years they have had better players than him like Tevez, Palermo, Riquelme or Palacio but Schelotto is treated like a king, only 2nd to Maradona. He's probably the most annoying/whiner player ever, always bitching and shit... is not hard to understand why River Plate fans hate him so much... sorry but that's just my 2 cents

2 cents? hahaha more like a whole Euro.:D
    2 cents? hahaha more like a whole Euro.:D

hhahaha..s just, i mean I don't know how familiar you are with them but this guy really annoys me... obviously he's good but way overrated
    Towerman wrote:
    hhahaha..s just, i mean I don't know how familiar you are with them but this guy really annoys me... obviously he's good but way overrated

I know his name, but we only see South American football when some weird shit like scoring goalkeepers or Kerlon comes along and of course the occasional fight in the stands. Other than that no. You said that he is a whinner so I take it he could be friends with C. Ronaldo .:D
    I know his name, but we only see South American football when some weird shit like scoring goalkeepers or Kerlon comes along and of course the occasional fight in the stands. Other than that no. You said that he is a whinner so I take it he could be friends with C. Ronaldo .:D

hahahah, sadly the "occasional fight in the stands" is becoming lately more of an everyday thing . Schelotto never was called for his national team so maybe that's why he isn't that well known in other places and also he never wanted to play in Europe and even refused offers from Juve and other teams(that's the main reason why he's so loved)... but still he's the biggest whiner, crying baby I've ever seen.
    Towerman wrote:
    hahahah, sadly the "occasional fight in the stands" is becoming lately more of an everyday thing . Schelotto never was called for the national team so maybe that's why he isn't that well known in other places and also he never wanted to play in Europe and even refused offers from Juve and other teams(that's the main reason why he's so loved)... but still he's the biggest whiner, crying baby I've ever seen.

I find it hard to believe he could top C. Ronaldo, Figo and Inzaghi, but I'll take your word for it.:)

I am off to catch some sleep.
    I find it hard to believe he could top C. Ronaldo, Figo and Inzaghi, but I'll take your word for it.:)

I am off to catch some sleep.

alright man, cool... but believe me, he's on the same league as the ones you mentioned
    Towerman wrote:
    alright man, cool... but believe me, he's on the same league as the ones you mentioned

I hope I'll never get to see. Too bad he said no to al the offers. Although July probable thinks differently.
    Hey July, is it true La Volpe to Boca?
  • KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    Hey July, is it true La Volpe to Boca?

Yep, that's true
    I thought Zigic was going to play for Juve and now he is being linked to Feyenoord. They went to the Red star game yesterday or so I was lead to believe. Lets see if Feyenoord is able to compeet with a Sirie B club.:D

And now it is also said that they do still hope for Tymochuk.
    I thought Zigic was going to play for Juve and now he is being linked to Feyenoord. They went to the Red star game yesterday or so I was lead to believe. Lets see if Feyenoord is able to compeet with a Sirie B club.:D

And now it is also said that they do still hope for Tymochuk.

Feyenoord is not more than a hope club.
    Klumpie wrote:
    Feyenoord is not more than a hope club.

Yes but that is all they have right now. I wouldn't mind if they would come. A devaluated Feyenoord isn't good for the league and isn't good for PSV. I care for Feyenoord because they are from the town I was born and my friends all support Feyenoord. If they do reasonably well that leaves me enough space to tease them.
    Yes but that is all they have right now. I wouldn't mind if they would come. A devaluated Feyenoord isn't good for the league and isn't good for PSV. I care for Feyenoord because they are from the town I was born and my friends all support Feyenoord. If they do reasonably well that leaves me enough space to tease them.

Off course, I understand you. You want to keep your friends :D
    Klumpie wrote:
    Off course, I understand you. You want to keep your friends :D

hahahaha, that would be nice yes. And if it is possible to die after you die I think both my grandpa's have done so like a 100 times on account of Feyenoord.:D
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    I hope we won't gety a group with Liverpool PSV and HSV. Things could get nasty on here.:D

i think so too:D
    anyways thanx to all who congrates me yesterday ...well de jong made a little mistake first goal for the spain and than he made one later one ...
    why it was his mistake ...the reporter ask him yesterday about the goal and he was like wich one?by the way i can understand him now:D
    and our goalkepper really smiled like a small kid (so cute:D)
    anyways thanx to all who congrates me yesterday ...well de jong made a little mistake first goal for the spain and than he made one later one ...
    why it was his mistake ...the reporter ask him yesterday about the goal and he was like wich one?by the way i can understand him now:D

Is this the first time that HSV reached the CL????

I heard him talk German. The reporter ask something and he replied as shaky as I am about to type. Was denktzt du Selbst? That was the bomb. I don't know if that expessions exists in German but it sounded real funny.
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    matches of today:

Slovan Liberec - Spartak Moskau

FK Mlada Boleslav - Galatasaray Istanbul
    Steaua Bukarest - Standard Lüttich

Fenerbahce Istanbul - Dynamo Kiew
    MFK Ruzomberok - ZSKA Moskau
    FK Rabotnicki Skopje - OSC Lille
    Ajax Amsterdam - FC Kopenhagen
    Legia Warschau - Schachtjor Donezk
    AEK Athen - Heart of Midlothian
    FC Arsenal - Dinamo Zagreb
    AC Chievo Verona - Levski Sofia

i think it will be a simple walk for arsenal
    Steaua bukarest should be dropped out
    it´s not faitr to say but i hope both turkish clubs gettin not through(sorry but their fans are to rough)

i think i try to watch the ajax kopenhagen match ,so that i can see our maybe new player:D
    I wouldn't count on getting Emmanuelson, maybe you could buy Charisteas.:)
    I wouldn't count on getting Emmanuelson, maybe you could buy Charisteas.:)

Yes, Chariseas you have to buy. :) (natuurlijk voordat Koeman hem koopt ;))
    Klumpie wrote:
    Yes, Chariseas you have to buy. :) (natuurlijk voordat Koeman hem koopt ;))

Nou inderdaad ik hoor dat Feyenoord nog opzoek is naar een spits.:D
    Nou inderdaad ik hoor dat Feyenoord nog opzoek is naar een spits.:D

Well he is good enough for Feyenoord, and Feyenoord is intrested in Baumann of Werder Bremen